Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

02-Aug-10 Behind the Scenes August

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

udontnojak55
[ Display Name History ]

udontnojak55

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 58 posts
AMG ITZ 2DAI!!!@@@!!

in all seriousness...

whenever it (t trails) does come out should be pretty awesome, with or without the graphics update

Posted Image

EDIT: Photo is original, i just lightened it up with photobucket
Posted Image

Posted Image

Proudly achieved 99 fletching before the 'string x' option
Proudly achieved 99 firemaking before the Grand Exchange was introduced
Call me crazy but I alched all the way to 99 magic

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:mtomali

all of that is wrong

non spears do 50% dmg on corp

therefore chaotic weapons arent spears so they do half dmg, whip does half dmg, stat hammer does half dmg, everything does half dmg unless its a spear, not just chaotic weapons

so yes a chaotic spear would do full dmg and be amazing against corp

Wrong.

The 50% debuff applies to all crush, slash, and ranged attack styles, where any weapon set on 'stab' does normal damage. Chaotic weaponry, on the other hand, is universally singled out for the special debuff where all weapons receive the 50% drop, regardless of what attack style the person is using. Vesta's Longsword (which is ranked #5 is most efficient melee weapons) set to attack does normal damage, where a chaotic longsword would be halved.

So until a chaotic spear comes out, the evidence (universal debuff on Chaotic) points that it would be debuffed.
Posted Image

Posted Image

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

all of that is wrong

therefore chaotic weapons arent spears so they do half dmg, whip does half dmg, stat hammer does half dmg, everything does half dmg unless its a spear, not just chaotic weapons

Wrong.

The 50% debuff applies to all crush, slash, and ranged attack styles, where any weapon set on 'stab' does normal damage. Chaotic weaponry, on the other hand, is universally singled out for the special debuff where all weapons receive the 50% drop, regardless of what attack style the person is using. Vesta's Longsword (which is ranked #5 is most efficient melee weapons) set to attack does normal damage, where a chaotic longsword would be halved.

So until a chaotic spear comes out, the evidence (universal debuff on Chaotic) points that it would be debuffed.

Look for a video of a lbs being used at crop. Tell me if it does full damage.

BeNiceOk
[ Display Name History ]

BeNiceOk

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

all of that is wrong

Wrong.

Look for a video of a lbs being used at crop. Tell me if it does full damage.

Actually I thought it was:
· Corp is weak to stab
· 50% reduction on all non-spear weapons
· An additional 50% reduction on all chaotic weapons.

This putting non-spear chaotic weapons @ 75% reduction, and a chaotic spear at 50%?

ghjkl
[ Display Name History ]

ghjkl

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,226 posts
Everything does half damage except for hally/spears.

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
All non-spear and non-halberd weapons do half. Pretty simple.

Both vesta longsword and lbs do half damage. Chaotic does half.

SanNo1
[ Display Name History ]

SanNo1

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • RSN:SanNo1

We're currently experiencing some network issues out of our control. These have been raised and will hopefully be sorted soon.

Until this is resolved we can't send the game update out. We are still planning on releasing it today.

Thanks,

Mod nexus.

Looks like now the update is finally ready to be released the servers are giving them heck. Anyone else crashed? I wasn't able to log in for a while and got rolled back ~30 minutes because of the crash.
Posted Image

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Jabuli
[ Display Name History ]

Jabuli

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,014 posts

We're currently experiencing some network issues out of our control. These have been raised and will hopefully be sorted soon.

Until this is resolved we can't send the game update out. We are still planning on releasing it today.

Thanks,

Mod nexus.

Looks like now the update is finally ready to be released the servers are giving them heck. Anyone else crashed? I wasn't able to log in for a while and got rolled back ~30 minutes because of the crash.

My friend got 99 runecrafting earlier today and they rolled him back to 98 :mrgreen:

He hates runecrafting and now he has to get those 39k exp again :shades:

viralaether
[ Display Name History ]

viralaether

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • RSN:Viral_Aether

Thanks,

Mod nexus.

My friend got 99 runecrafting earlier today and they rolled him back to 98 :mrgreen:

or do pengs
Posted Image
drops

Viralaether's guide to Mac use
1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

SanNo1
[ Display Name History ]

SanNo1

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 878 posts
  • RSN:SanNo1
But now he can get 2 different screenies of himself getting 99 rc at different altars :idea:

It didn't really matter much for me luckily, I'd killed maybe 25 desert strykes when I crashed. When I logged back in I was at the bank where I'd prepared for the task so no real harm done. I still remember last time though, I had gotten a nice clue reward, got rolled back and had to do some clues again for a junk reward.
Posted Image

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

TheAncient
[ Display Name History ]

TheAncient

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,267 posts
  • RSN:The Ancient
I'm kind of amused they're delaying the update again...

It's like metametadelaying. I heard you like delays so I'll delay our delay's delay so you can wait while we delay delays of delays. :shades:
Posted Image
Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

PenguinsLoose
[ Display Name History ]

PenguinsLoose

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts
One of the hardest things about working for a game company has to be the fact that many of your customers have yet to do anything with their life. They have never had a real job with real responsibilities. They have never been charged with producing a product or service on time and on budget. They have never personally witnessed the difficulty of accomplishing any kind of team result outside of the throwing or kicking of a ball. They have never paid rent, utilities or insurance; nor have they ever paid for a meal with their own hard-earned money. It must be hard to hear these unaccomplished voices critique and damn every perceived false move. It must be hard to listen to lengthy lists of your business failures from people who have never supervised a job assignment in their life. If I worked for a game company it would be all I could do to tell many of my customers to ….

Sorry folks, it had to be said.

Wingless
[ Display Name History ]

Wingless

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Nephilim

I'm kind of amused they're delaying the update again...

It's like metametadelaying. I heard you like delays so I'll delay our delay's delay so you can wait while we delay delays of delays. :shades:

Yeah, network issues are *SO* funny :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Kalafai
[ Display Name History ]

Kalafai

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 605 posts
  • RSN:Time Kitten
  • RSN2:Kalafai

Thanks,

Mod nexus.

or do pengs

I'd say assist on an effigy... get it in three days doing that.

Obtaurian
[ Display Name History ]

Obtaurian

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,853 posts
  • RSN:Obtaurian
  • Clan:Dungeonsweepers (DGS)

One of the hardest things about working for a game company has to be the fact that many of your customers have yet to do anything with their life. They have never had a real job with real responsibilities. They have never been charged with producing a product or service on time and on budget. They have never personally witnessed the difficulty of accomplishing any kind of team result outside of the throwing or kicking of a ball. They have never paid rent, utilities or insurance; nor have they ever paid for a meal with their own hard-earned money. It must be hard to hear these unaccomplished voices critique and damn every perceived false move. It must be hard to listen to lengthy lists of your business failures from people who have never supervised a job assignment in their life. If I worked for a game company it would be all I could do to tell many of my customers to ….

Sorry folks, it had to be said.

I assume, then, that critiques coming from players who have done all of those things are perfectly valid?

Posted Image

To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users