02-Aug-10 Behind the Scenes August

Toad

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our first game update this month is the next part of our Void Knight quest series, A Void Dance. Youll team up with Korasi again to track a strange creature across the world, find out why certain people have been acting strangely, and discover some of the truth behind the events of Quiet before the Swarm. On the way youll solve some tricky puzzles, such as keeping an alchemical experiment from exploding in your face, navigating a maze of beer, and infiltrating the stronghold of one of the Void Knights enemies. This is an experienced quest with requirements of around level 50 in several different skills.

On the way youll solve some tricky puzzles, such as keeping an alchemical experiment from exploding in your face, navigating a maze of beer, and infiltrating the stronghold of one of the Void Knights enemies.

navigating a maze of beer

WIN.

a70c7.png

Jagex said they're planning on releasing the new TT Update tomorrow! :thumbsup:

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

Finally, a disclaimer.

To be honest we should see more of these because people assume way too much, that's exactly what i said on the other topic about the update delay.

Just one more time so everyone saw it, i even underlined the most important words and resized it.

disclaimera.png

Also a note on the quote; 'We aren't afraid to change our plan."

'Plan' should be 'plans', people might get a whole different picture, you know how it goes nowadays.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

I'm glad they put that disclaimer. I kind of doubt it'll stop people complaining but.. it's worth a shot! Also they changed the phrase saying that the TT update was planned to be with the first update of the month. Now it just says it'll be out as soon as it's ready. Can't wait for everything to come out whenever it comes!

Blakdragon39.png

Finally, a disclaimer.

To be honest we should see more of these because people assume way too much, that's exactly what i said on the other topic about the update delay.

Just one more time so everyone saw it, i even underlined the most important words and resized it.

disclaimera.png

Also a note on the quote; 'We aren't afraid to change our plan."

'Plan' should be 'plans', people might get a whole different picture, you know how it goes nowadays.

good job jagex :thumbup:

Sacrificing efficiency for fun since 1991

angel2w.gif

Dreezer.png

Jagex isn't being very professional. At the end of the day, if you can't deliver what you say, you need to improve something.

Regardless of what excuses you have, a company should run focused on results. Two delays is kind of inexcusable.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If treasure trails don't come out tomorrow......

1. Stop whining

2. If you read it they tell you when they come out

Actually, I read it on the home page and this is what it said about the clues:

Please note Last months treasure trail updates were sadly rescheduled due to technical issues, and we plan to release them as soon as they are ready.

Maybe they said it would be coming first, then realised it's not ready AGAIN, and changed their article after this thread was made?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Return of the double MSB special. :ohnoes: You ever seen someone in completely maxed offensive range gear use the special? 99% hits on anything. Curious if there can be 5 DDS specs now, maybe 6-7 with spec restore pots. :ohnoes: Probably 4 Dragon Halberd specs too, I like it's spec for TDS with spec restores. :thumbup: No idea how this ring will work though, it's not like it can be 10% reduction for everything. Otherwise infinite rune throwing axe specials - not like that's really a bad thing, but yeah. Double Dragon Scimitar specs? :thumbup: Double Zamorak Godsword specs? :thumbup:

So... We had Dung Batch 1.

Were promised Batch 2... Instead we'vegot Batch 1.5/1.75.... Good work there. :rolleyes:

I'd rather they split the updates up then waiting until they're all ready and releasing them at once.

Were promised Batch 2... Instead we'vegot Batch 1.5/1.75.... Good work there. :rolleyes:

I'd rather they split the updates up then waiting until they're all ready and releasing them at once.

how many people actually plan to get much farther than level 93 anyways?

Naaxi.png

Jagex isn't being very professional. At the end of the day, if you can't deliver what you say, you need to improve something.

Regardless of what excuses you have, a company should run focused on results. Two delays is kind of inexcusable.

They ARE delivering EXACTLY what they say. They never said: this month we PROMISE YOU GET ALL THIS YAY! Hence the disclaimer that is needed for people exactly like you. And two days is completely excusable! There are delays in industry ALL THE TIME, and two days is nothing. If you need new content all the freaking time, go play a game called LIFE. Updates EVERY DAY! You're still going to have to deal with broken promises though. So, tough.

Blakdragon39.png

They ARE delivering EXACTLY what they say. They never said: this month we PROMISE YOU GET ALL THIS YAY! Hence the disclaimer that is needed for people exactly like you. And two days is completely excusable! There are delays in industry ALL THE TIME, and two days is nothing. If you need new content all the freaking time, go play a game called LIFE. Updates EVERY DAY! You're still going to have to deal with broken promises though. So, tough.

What are you talking about with this "two days" nonsense? sseli said two delays. And I agree that they shouldn't keep delaying like that. It's been much more than two days blak, it's been more like 2 weeks since the clue update was supposed to happen. Oh well though, I guess I'll just keep on doing whatever until it comes out, not like complaining is going to make it happen any faster.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Still waiting for elite diaries.

:rolleyes:

lol still waiting for eastern lands

How about the conclusion of the MotM series? Its only taken them since the beginning of Runescape so far.

The content gets a bit dull and the graphics aren't so great for those of us with old graphics cards, but I hear they have weather, bloom lighting, and, AMG, SAILING!!!11spam@

how many people actually plan to get much farther than level 93 anyways?

I just think releasing the skill in so many parts is stunted.. People are already training over lvl 99! The skill was released and the max floor lvl was at 69... Fail much? People reached that in no time at all. And now we're getting up to 93.. Which would be ok for a "skill" if we didn't know this one went up to 120!

asrhasrh.jpg

"...we will never launch an update before it is ready."

Kinda funny.

Other than that this looks like it could be a good month. Ill actually have time to play these updates too.

4e0Vn.png

02-Aug-2010 15:27:02

"Will the treasure trail update come out before the other updates mentioned in the BTS?"

Yes, this is still our intention.

Judging from this, they'll release the TT update this week and the quest next week, instead of postponing the TT's even further or releasing both at the same time. Or maybe they'll do both this week, but not on the same day.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Am I the only one thinking Tip.It is slowly but surely turning into a slightly more mature RSOF? The updates come when they are ready. If they're not ready, they're not ready. Is the concept REALLY that hard to understand? Do you even know [cabbage] about programming? The wording on the TT update was just changed to deal with [cabbage]kids like certain people in our midst, they're probably still going to release it this week.

Onto the BTS, the void quest sounds good, I liked the last one. Dung update is also arriving a little sooner than expected, I like that they're not doing both at once. And finally, the minigame doesnt sound all that amazing, but I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Am I the only one thinking Tip.It is slowly but surely turning into a slightly more mature RSOF? The updates come when they are ready. If they're not ready, they're not ready. Is the concept REALLY that hard to understand? Do you even know [cabbage] about programming? The wording on the TT update was just changed to deal with [cabbage]kids like certain people in our midst, they're probably still going to release it this week.

Onto the BTS, the void quest sounds good, I liked the last one. Dung update is also arriving a little sooner than expected, I like that they're not doing both at once. And finally, the minigame doesnt sound all that amazing, but I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of Runescape...

Looks like an interesting update. Now I wonder how much of it I get to play before school starts...hmm...

Big_Stingman.png