$225 - What to buy! :D

Undo

I got like $225 birthday money from a couple weeks ago and I want to blow it all on something fun!(:

New game console maybe? All I have is a PS2!):

I COULD use a new cell phone! And I don't really like to read, so don't suggest one of those Nooks! xD

1. "My ear's in a cup, I guess that doesn't count..."

2. "So heyyy, that's a pretty reasonable reaction huh?"

3. "So you up for NAFTA?"

4. "That went exactly how I wanted it to."

Seeing as I aren't from the US I haven't the foggiest on prices, but my only tip is; if you do plan on buying a console try and factor in online too. Playing by yourself is mostly a waste.

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Seeing as I aren't from the US I haven't the foggiest on prices, but my only tip is; if you do plan on buying a console try and factor in online too. Playing by yourself is mostly a waste.

Yeah! Hehe, I know):

Skydiving? :-P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Skydiving? :-P

LOL! No thank you! xP

Transfer it all to my bank account and I'll, um, buy something for you.

It's okey! :P

I'd save it for now. If you want a console, I recommend the PS3, but dont get it if you'll have nothing left over for a game or two. I made that mistake with my Wii when I first brought it. >.<

Popoto.~<3

I'd save it for now. If you want a console, I recommend the PS3, but dont get it if you'll have nothing left over for a game or two. I made that mistake with my Wii when I first brought it. >.<

Awe! xP

Well I have a somewhat-steady income!(:

So, I just might get a PS3! :D

Especially since a couple months ago I read an article about how the 720 and PS4 will be delayed on their expected release date due to some kind of technical difficulties. :/

Especially since a couple months ago I read an article about how the 720 and PS4 will be delayed on their expected release date due to some kind of technical difficulties. :/

Those are 100% rumors. We do not even know the name of the next consoles to be released.

Honestly, I'd save the money, but if you need to I might invest in some PS2 games that you missed. They are cheap enough now that you'd be able to get quite a lot of them for a small amount of cash.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Yeh, I think saving it would be the best option because if you keep saving money in the end you will be able to afford a boat, and a boat is much cooler than a ps3. And so's a ps4, I'll bet you'll be pretty pissed if you get a ps3 and a month later a ps4 or a Kinect comes out.

[Falador tavern]

Save up for a car.

Driving lessons.

School.

Anything really worth it to put it to.

Rather then video games.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Save up for a car.

Driving lessons.

School.

Rather then video games.

This is pretty much the best post on this topic. Don't waste your money on video games, you grow out of them (or at least I did, rather quickly), and you can find much better things to put your money towards. You don't need to spend money just because you can icon_e_wink.gif

Save up for a car.

Driving lessons.

School.

Rather then video games.

This is pretty much the best post on this topic. Don't waste your money on video games, you grow out of them (or at least I did, rather quickly), and you can find much better things to put your money towards. You don't need to spend money just because you can icon_e_wink.gif

Everything in these two posts is the best advice here. As a older person (18+) you should be saving that money, as a younger person (18-) you should be investing it accordingly. Assuming you're under 18, getting out of high school will come eventually and you DON'T want to be behind socially nor financially.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Put it towards something you will actually use. Use it to learn a skill or something. buy a lock-picking set like me. Put it towards a car or car insurance. Buy a knife and learn how to defend yourself with one. Take a martial arts class. Or just save it.

But it anything get an xbox instead of a ps3...

:twss:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

VIdeo games aren't necessarily a waste of money, if you really enjoy them then it is most likely worth it. Games do go down in value a lot though, as well as the consoles or PC you use them on. So I'd suggest never, ever spending more than $20 on any game, and it will almost always be worth it, even if the game is short or not all that great.

That's what I am doing right now, buying a [cabbage] ton of old games that I missed playing (currently on Baldur's Gate, bought the 4 game set for $14).

Saving the money could also be a good idea, depends on how steady of an income you have. Things do get much more expensive when you get older, and if you don't save up enough then you may be stuck in your parents basement when you are 23... not that I know anything about that.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Put it towards funding an adrenaline pumping hobby. Nothing can beat the high-intensity adrenaline rushing through your veins.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Put it towards funding an adrenaline pumping hobby. Nothing can beat the high-intensity adrenaline rushing through your veins.

Basically he's saying buy a BASE parachute and jump off your roof.

Sky diving's got nothing on roof jumping.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~