04-Aug-10 Elite Treasure Trails!

Toad

Post your clues/answers here

03-Aug-2010 - Elite Treasure Trails and New Rewards

Treasure Trails have been given an improvement today with fiendish new challenges to test even the mightiest adventurer, but also many new rewards to tempt them. You may find that the likes of Bork, the Corporeal Beast and the Skeletal Horror (among others) now have a rare chance of dropping an elite clue scroll.

These clues are a step beyond what has gone before, whether its a scanning orb that only highlights the next clue when youre standing near it, or a simple compass showing the direction of the next clue but not the distance. Even finding your next clue might not be so easy, as you may disturb a powerful follower of Guthix or end up racking your brains over one of the tricky new Celtic knot puzzles.

Stick with it, though, and you may be lucky enough to receive one of the 150+ new reward items! There are new bows, Third Age druidic gear, dragon masks, animal staves, kits to improve the look of dragon armour, and items for followers of Armadyl, Bandos and even Zar- (shh!)

Many of the new reward items are for the elite trails, but easy, medium and hard trails have had some added too. Weve also added a mechanism to ensure that each and every treasure trail completed will reward you with at least one treasure trail-specific item, by introducing new items common to all levels of trails.

The cross-trail items include Saradomin, Guthix and Zamorak arrows (which have a chance of causing elemental damage and vanish on impact); single-use teleport scrolls to out-of-the-way places like Nardah and Miscellania; stackable biscuits that each restore one Prayer Point (plus a few life points); and existing items like sweets, torn pages and firelighters. Oh, and lets not forget the meerkat summoning pouches, which will bring a cute little treasure-hunting familiar to your side...

Finally, weve introduced scroll boxes, which look different from caskets. This way, you can know for certain that opening a scroll box will always lead you to another clue scroll, and that when you do finally get a casket, youll know not to open it in a dangerous area, because it will always contain...TREASURE!

Adventurers, the trails await!

Mod Maylea

RuneScape Content Developer

In other news...

Treasure Trails supplemental:

As part of the Treasure Trails update, some of the older clues and puzzles requiring specific items or combinations of items have been substituted with more suitable ones.

Demo mode removed:

This week sees the removal of the demo mode option for new players; existing demo mode users will be able to continue playing for the time being.

Dwarf cannon:

You can now have multiple parts of a dwarf cannon in your bank or inventory, but you may only set one cannon up at a time. This is a slight change: previously, you could only have one of each of the four dwarf cannon parts or one cannon on the ground.

Shattered Heart rocks:

You should now be able to get strange rocks from any Construction activity that would garner you Construction XP (building furniture, making flatpacks) while in your player owned house.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damnit! I just got to work... 9 hours until I get to enjoy this. So much for trying to GE snipe some items.

Here are the items that will be 100% potential loot from all treasure trails.

2wpuw50.jpg

Elite Clues

mkvx2d.jpg

Note: These are not all the potential clue dropping monsters.

x1ka9u.jpg

I'm also curious, are any of the new trimmed rune armours (or any of the new items) F2P items as well?

It's also worth noting that every level of clue has new potential rewards now.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

puzzle3completea2853121.gif

puzzle2completea2857325.gif

Looks cool. Rewards don't look too impressive at first glance, but maybe they have some nice stats.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Looks pretty awesome. However, I have horrible luck with clue scrolls so it wont matter much :unsure:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Skeletal Horror

Dagannoth kings

Kalphite Queen

Corporeal Beast

Chaos Elemental

God Wars bosses

Bork

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

New teleport scrolls:

-Bandit Camp

-Lumber Yard

-Miscellenia

-Nardah

-Phoenix Lair

-Tai Bo Wannai

New Godbooks:

-Armadyl

-Bandos

-Zaros

You may now also receive ores and herbs from your clues and perhaps summoning charms (thank god, i suggested this some time ago would be cool if they do that)

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~

Finally :smile:

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Miscellaneous

* You should now be able to use bones from various bovimastyx on prayer altars in Daemonheim.

* Reworked some of the core bank code used throughout the game.

* Updated the bank leaflet to reflect more recent changes.

* Adjusted the spawns of the rare implings so they're not just restricted to Mos Le'Harmless,which was unintended.

* If a player leaves your dungeon party, any keys the player had will now be dropped in the start room (as opposed to a room the rest of the party couldn't potentially access!)

* The 'Blaster' version of the ring of kinship should now snare stuff for a longer period of time. This was previously wearing off too quickly.

* Updated the text explaining that the 'Berserker' ring benefits are only applicable in an aggressive stance.

* Prevented the alching of certain dungeoneering items whilst in a dungeon.

* Rewrote Rammernaut's combat scripts and charge mechanic so it should now work correctly and as originally intended.

* The experience rewards from While Guthix Sleeps can now be spent on the Dungeoneering skill.

KADrb.png
260pifq.jpg

So crap. I would have expected some newer rewards =/ At the moment it seems like it seems like they are just slightly modified versions of the level 3 clues, which are a hell of a lot easier to get.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Oh and [bleep] the new bank spaces. I don't need to register an email address to my account to make it secure. No-one will find out my password :\

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢