READ HERE FIRST FOR TEMPLATE!

All new rewards are available on the Runescape site in the Treasure Trails reward portion of the Game Guide.

Yes, well, the Knowledge Base has a knack for getting things wrong, which is why TIF does original research like this.

2dgucz6.png

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this lvl 4 was from jungle strykes

100805183942.jpg

compass clue

100805190404.jpg

scanner clue pointing here, sorry I didnt get a pic before I dug but I'm standing exactly there

100805192007.jpg

also got a scanner pointing to the jade vine basically but no pic

reward was 47 sara arrows, rune plate body, dragon dagger, maybe some blood runes sorry no pic again

All new rewards are available on the Runescape site in the Treasure Trails reward portion of the Game Guide.

Yes, well, the Knowledge Base has a knack for getting things wrong, which is why TIF does original research like this.

I'm not saying don't research, I'm just saying where most of the rewards are. Also, these are probably all accurate because why would they say you can get something when you can't?

I'm not saying don't research, I'm just saying where most of the rewards are. Also, these are probably all accurate because why would they say you can get something when you can't?

Jagex routinely has things wrong in the KB

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

newclue.png

Never seen this one.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

I'm not sure if this will help you out or not but after the new update I decided to go lvl 1 clue hunting and I recorded a bit of a log:

1. Saradomin Page 2, 7 Law Runes, 119 gp, Amulet of Magic

2. 43 Air Runes, 51gp, 3 Red Firelighters

3. 35 Body Runes, 2 Biscuits

4. Air Talisman, 50 Body Runes, 4 Purple Sweets

5. 8 Nature Runes, 2 Willow Composite Bows, Black Crossbow

6. Willow composite Bow, Studded Body, Studded Chaps, Staff of Air

7. 28 Saradomin Arrows, 44 Water Runes

8. Black Full Helm, Black Longsword, Black Platelegs (g), 55gp

9. Black Platelegs (h4), 40 Earth Runes, 5 Chaos Runes

10. 2 Nardah Teleports, 8 Chaos Runes, 35 Fire Runes, 41 Body Runes

11. 2 Tai Bwo Wannai Teleports, 69 Black Nails, 10 Trouts, 122gp

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

They don't give "normal" rewards from the clues so this helps with that and just generally is nice information to have.

you can now get every type of composite bow from all of the clues, just got yew comp from lvl 1 clue. Sadly, i didnt screenshot it.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

Monster that dropped Clue: Steel dragon

Level of Clue (If 100% known): 4

Clue 1

48525741.jpg

Strategy- I took each room of the dungeon individually West to east . I checked the mini map after every room and mentally crossed off rooms that I had finished.

Clue2

elite2.jpg

Strategy- I planned on running around the base of the mountain and then systematically making my way up the mountain from there. I found the clue on the base level of the mountain and went from there to solve it. Hero's quest must be started to access this clue.

Clue 3

elite3.jpg

Strategy- For all compass clues I begin by looking at the clue and seeing which direction it pointed. In this case it was west. I then went to a far western city via teleport and checked again- again looking at the mini map and mentally crossing off all areas of the map where i knew it was not. I continued this teleporting process until I was sure that it was on karamja. From there I glory teleported and got really lucky.

Clue 4

elite4.jpg

This was truly an annoying clue. After exploring both neitznot and jaitzo I ventured north and began searching the troll infested area and almost died. twice. This clue is on the far northeastern corner of the islands.

Clue 5

elite5.jpg

Strategy- exactly the same as other direction clues. Arrow pointed east so I teleported to canfis and noticed that it still pointed east. From there I just walked until I found the clue. I've found with these clues that it's easier to narrow down east/west and then get to a spot where the arrow points exactly or almost exactly east/west and following it until I hit the correct spot.

Reward

elite1reward.jpg

Wolf staff and bandos plate legs for reward. approx value: 1.7m

This clue included puzzles after every clue. 1 celtic knot 2 corporal beast puzzles and 1 black dragon puzzles. I did not include these pictures because I see theyve already been obtained.

Second Elite clue- again from steel dragons.

Clue1

e2c1.jpg

As you can see from the private chat messages I narrowed this one down north/south and then explored until I found it. this clue is located slightly south of ardougne and east of the monks tower. (I dont remember exactly what it's called)

Clue2

e2c2.jpg

Because of how varrock is split up I used the paths as dividers and searched each section individually.

Clue3

e2c3.jpg

Most.annoying.clue.ever.

Strategy- This clue had a hugeee scan range and an even bigger range to scan. My strategy was to walk directly east from the river to the end of runescape and then walk 15 paces south and walk west. i went 15 instead of say 25 incase I didn't go exactly east/west- just leeway. This clue is directly north of nardah.

Clue4

e2c4.jpg

Strategy- The arrow was pointing almost directly north so I teleported to canfis and walked from there.

Clue5

e2c5.jpg

Strategy- Arrow pointed west from last clue so I teleported to varrock and walked east until the arrow was directly north and then walked north.

Clue6

e2c6.jpg

Strategy- I teleported to camelot and arrow pointed east. From varrock it hadpointed west so I teleported to falador and worked my way south from there.

Reward

e2ru.jpg

approx value-120-130k I don't know exactly because I had runes in my inventory to start with. truly a terribly clue.

this clue included 2 guthix wizards 2 celtic knots and 1 puzzle box.

Strategies for each clue are located beneath the pictures. If I later come up with more efficient strategies I'll post those as well (: Good luck with your clues everyone!

catfight2.jpg

Appears to be a bridge.

bridgepuzzle.png

OMG Thank you SOOOO much. I just got this new puzzle and I have a real hard time with them unless I know what they are supposed to look like. This allowed me to get it done in about 45 seconds. Thanks again :D

All scans and compass were from the same monster clue

Monster that dropped Clue: Ice Strykewyrm

Where to solve clue(with picture):

compassclueseers.jpg

Any information on new items (picture, examine, stats if equipment etc.): Compass - Seers north of the church

brimhavenscan.jpg

Any information on new items (picture, examine, stats if equipment etc.): Scan clue - Brimhaven Dungeon, south east part, near Moss Giants on the ground floor

elidnardahscan.jpg

Any information on new items (picture, examine, stats if equipment etc.): Scan clue - South of Uzer, at the east edge of the map, near some lonely rocks

mortmyrescan.jpg

Any information on new items (picture, examine, stats if equipment etc.):Scan clue - Mort Myre, steps away from the Werewolf agility course

Appears to be a bridge.

bridgepuzzle.png

OMG Thank you SOOOO much. I just got this new puzzle and I have a real hard time with them unless I know what they are supposed to look like. This allowed me to get it done in about 45 seconds. Thanks again :D

ummm.... the hint scroll to the bottom left (kinda blocked by the pm's in the pic), move your mouse over that and it shows you what its sment to end up as.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Appears to be a bridge.

bridgepuzzle.png

ummm.... the hint scroll to the bottom left (kinda blocked by the pm's in the pic), move your mouse over that and it shows you what its sment to end up as.

umm..... level 3's don't have a hint scoll.

catfight2.jpg

Jagex routinely has things wrong in the KB

Gee, look at that, all the new rewards in the guide are exactly the same ones from the page I mentioned.

[spoiler=long qoute chain]

Appears to be a bridge.

bridgepuzzle.png

umm..... level 3's don't have a hint scoll.

Umm.... They do.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

People often tend to make one same mistake.

Lv 1, 2 and 3 clues are a random drop from certain monsters while lv 4 clues are a rare drop from certain monsters.

It would be interesting if the crew could come up with a table that shows the different drop percentages for the different monsters dropping lv 4's, some might have already noticed some monsters drop lv 4 clues more often than other monsters.

jupjup.png[~Visit my Slayer Blog~]jup.png

rvedit2.png

Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.~unknown~