God book discussion

w0odspriteV2

We know the bonuses... they're not really good.

Ancient Book

[hide]+4 Slash

+4 Stab

+4 Crush

+ 6 Mage

0 Range

Defence:

+4 Stab

+4 Slash

+4 Crush

+6 Mage

0 Range

+2 Summoning

+5 Prayer[/hide]

Book of Law (Armadyl)

[hide]+4 Slash

+4 Stab

+4 Crush

0 Mage

+6 Range

Defence:

+4 Stab

+4 Slash

+4 Crush

0 Mage

+6 Range

+2 Summoning

+5 Prayer[/hide]

Book of War (Bandos)

[hide]+6 Slash

+6 Stab

+6 Crush

0 Mage

0 Range

Defence:

+6 Stab

+6 Slash

+6 Crush

0 Mage

0 Range

+2 Summoning

+5 Prayer[/hide]

Incomparable to the current books in my opinion. Just slightly modified Guthix books <_<

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

the bonuses are in the rs manual, not one beats zammy in any way.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Doesn't look particularly great. The Zamorak book still has the highest offense, and the defense of them is...not very high :P

Still, I intend to fill them all up. Eventually, once the prices crash - a day after they come out is NOT the time to buy them....

Might use the ancient book for maging though - just 'cause of it's color. Maybe :P

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

The problem is pretty simple... If i want defense in my SHIELD slot. I'll use a SHIELD. If i want offense I might use zammy. The only other use for any of the others is prayer. But 99% of the time if I'm using prayer i need no defense so attack is what I want...

Dark_Avorian.png

agreed. i was expecting these books to stand out in some way. bandos could have had atleast a small str bonus, and arma is a missed chance to give a good range boosting shield. none of them beat zammy book, and sara book is still a good magic def shield on the cheap. does well on magic based melee such as bloodvelds too.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

There's so much ranting going on about the stats of those books so I wouldn't be surprised if they'll tweak the stats a little :wink:

I've actually kind of thought that aswell to be honest :/

Let's hope they do...

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

There's so much ranting going on about the stats of those books so I wouldn't be surprised if they'll tweak the stats a little :wink:

This.

The bonuses on the new books don't make much sense, when you compare them to an unholy book. They're basically just guthix books, with stats slightly tweaked towards each gods theme. The arma/ancient books should have higher range/magic bonuses then an unholy book, and the bandos one should include strength.

I actually think it's pretty likely they'll be changed.

The bandos book in particular is outclassed in every single way (but prayer) by the rune defender, in a way that leaves gods to shame. Armadyl and Zaros could up their respective "standout" stats to +12 and bandos shoud be given +8 str bonus.

Otherwise i don't see much change for rescue for these items.

The bandos book in particular is outclassed in every single way (but prayer) by the rune defender, in a way that leaves gods to shame. Armadyl and Zaros could up their respective "standout" stats to +12 and bandos shoud be given +8 str bonus.

+8 Str? I doubt it. Thats more Str then the DFS, and more then bcp+tassies.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Think it'd be kinda nice if they were given more useful stats. Still, I intend to collect them all sooner or later, regardless of stats. Wonder if Jagex will change the stats though?

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

That would give the book some usefullness. That and +8 isn't really that much when you see the difference. It's only a +2 witha possibility of a +3

8 strength is not overdoing it for a bandos book. DFS provides significant defence, and that's really the only reason to use one, people really overvalue the strength.

A rune defender meanwhile would still retain incredible attack bonuses.

Edit: too slow!

IMO, +10 to ranged attack and defense for law book, +10 to magic attack and defense for ancient book, and +10 to all melees and +2 strength for bandos book would be good. Unholy book would still be useful for using multiple combat styles, and the new books would have niche uses. We need a non-chaotic, ranged-specific shield, and the book of law should've been it.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

IMO, +10 to ranged attack and defense for law book, +10 to magic attack and defense for ancient book, and +10 to all melees and +2 strength for bandos book would be good. Unholy book would still be useful for using multiple combat styles, and the new books would have niche uses. We need a non-chaotic, ranged-specific shield, and the book of law should've been it.

still too little for bandos book, paying 3m for a mith defender :[ maybe like +7 str and +6 accuracy, still not better than rune defender but good enough for people debate about it and buy anyway