Save the old Runescape websites!

meili

Old Runescape websites may be the most reliable information for past Runescape things, but unless you're interested in Runescape's past there really is no reason why you want to go to these sites.

Besides, there's a reason why they are called "old" websites.

I'm not saying I don't support the old websites though. It's just that, what's the use if most aren't going to use them? :mellow:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

If sites are ripping off word for word content and screenshots without permission and they refuse to reply to you then go direct to their hosting companies.

Facts however cannot be copyrighted and there isn't much you can do about a website with an article about the knife glitch for example if it was written by them.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

man it was good to see some old content again, even though i was just a little newb when a bunch of that stuff happened... It's good they are still around though. Really cool sites.

Steviej.png

My account spent most of the last 10 months "locked"

• 8 months later...

While on the topic of Classic Runescape sites, I was wondering if anyone remembered an old school flash cartoon someone made with runescape cut-outs? The only line I can remember was "Please get out of my house, its not your house!" Then I think the guy who's house it wasn't started jumping on the roof? I can't remember, but back in 2001 I thought it was hilarious.

• 8 months later...

Just wanted to add that you're doing great work archiving all these old sites and curating all those images from RuneScape in years past. I wonder if it's possible to pressure/contact the websites using images without to give proper credit to images they use. I know I haven't seen the majority of the images until I read your thread today (I've only been playing since '05) and I think they're fantastic. At the very least, if the original picture-taker isn't around to request permission from - the source should be credited/cited.

Well, I get your point, but I have just read the first page that was linked in the original post and... it glorifies macro usage and promotes account stealing. Is that really the kind of website that we want to be promoted?

goro.png
[spoiler=Skill level siggies are a so 07]tipit_siggy.png