Chaotic Long or Rapier?

Cooldude3910

Well I just got 200k tokens today and I was wondering which weapon to get. Half my friends are telling me to get Rapier and the other half is saying to get Longsword.

My question is, which one should I get? Also if you guys can include to pros and cons of each weapon that would be sweet :)

Thanks in advance.

Timmay.png

53odhd.jpg

I dont have 80 dung, but from what I've gathered.

chaotic rapier for most everything (especially slayer)

cls for a few bosses

chaotic maul for fun and a few bosses

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

I'd go with a longsword because I wouldn't use it for anything other than bosses. Too expensive to keep recharging. But if you're going to use it for activities other than boss hunting, I say get a rapier ;)

construction2ktotalsign.png

Huge thanks to Eval Riz for the signature!

I'd go with a longsword because I wouldn't use it for anything other than bosses. Too expensive to keep recharging. But if you're going to use it for activities other than boss hunting, I say get a rapier ;)

The recharge cost really isn't an issue. It's like 60k an hour for the use of an amazing weapon.

Long, rapier is pretty terrible.

Nice dungeoneering level. It really shows that you know what you are talking about. (Just saying that, NOT trying to be an [wagon], even if it was in a sarcastic way.....)

As previously stated, if all you do is solo bosses, get a CLS. (However a rapier still trumps the long sword at a lot of them) Otherwise, get a rapier. It's best all around, and it's what I own.

S2buxtG.png

there's only two bosses where the longsword is better

Bandos

Saradomin

This is assuming you're 100% efficient when fighting, and can switch perfectly at places like TD's

Also, you'd probably be better off in Verac at Saradomin then you would a CLS, her defense is just too high. I'd only use a Maul over Veracs there

The rapier easily trumps the CLS for slayer.

Get the Rapier

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Pretty much the only reason to use CLS over maul is a divine/elysian shield. Get rapier then maul.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

i think i smell troll...

i'm in no position to judge weps cause im still 30 levels off, the common concencus in the clan is that cls is for bosses and a rapier for just about everything else.

however coal bags are quite useful aswell.

18k7pu.jpg

The Iron never lies to you. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Long, rapier is pretty terrible.

trollface.png

Unless you like exclusively do TDs and Bandos, first get rapier and then maul and then cls.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I'm quite happy with rapier as a general purpose weapon. I've run across a few longsword users, but I've yet to see them have significant advantages over me.

Rapier

Pro: high DPS, can train (less relevant since you're maxed), opponent can eat once per hit, stab as primary (dragons etc), more general purpose

Con: not as much KO ability in single hits, not as accurate

Longsword

Pro: higher hits, better high hit KO ability, better accuracy vs armor and bosses, visually impressive/intimidating

Con: opponent can eat three times per two hits, lower DPS than even whip before accounting for accuracy

Among my friends with chaotics, they're split about half and half between the two. Almost all of them are quite happy with the one they picked. (One dude has a maul. He's quite happy too.) May well be that either choice is quite a good one.

What are you planning to use it for anyway?

Disclaimer: The above is probably inaccurate.

the_zephyrus.png

To many rapier fan boys here, don't even understand whats going on.

I see you're close to getting your weapon there as well :thumbup:

Really don't have to own one myself to be honest. I go against them alot, I beat out a rapier at kbd consistently using my ZS, both of us using overloads, turmoil, and bandos. I have experience with them even though I don't own them. The problem with this discussion is whoever gets what is so defensive about that choice because they spent so long getting it, they would hate to have it be a waste.

Crusading.png

Rofl have you even looked at the stats of rapier vs zs? Getting lucky does not mean anything.

There are 24 pages of mathematical discussion in the rapier vs cls thread proving that the rapier is better except at bandos/sara, where mauls is better. I've and all 3 and the dung level to back it up that cls sucks, and if I didn't lose it I would have alched it anyway.

To many rapier fan boys here, don't even understand whats going on.

I see you're close to getting your weapon there as well :thumbup:

Really don't have to own one myself to be honest. I go against them alot, I beat out a rapier at kbd consistently using my ZS, both of us using overloads, turmoil, and bandos. I have experience with them even though I don't own them. The problem with this discussion is whoever gets what is so defensive about that choice because they spent so long getting it, they would hate to have it be a waste.

We should FFA at KBD sometime, I only have piety, but I'd be willing to bet I could beat your ZS, turmoil, and bandos using my C Rapier, void melee, and piety.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Rofl have you even looked at the stats of rapier vs zs? Getting lucky does not mean anything.

There are 24 pages of mathematical discussion in the rapier vs cls thread proving that the rapier is better except at bandos/sara, where mauls is better. I've and all 3 and the dung level to back it up that cls sucks, and if I didn't lose it I would have alched it anyway.

All that mathematical crap doesn't mean [cabbage], stop bringing it up, you always bring it up in this topic, listen to me loud and clear, the "math" you use is incorrect because of the accuracy formula. So no, you can't prove it's better.

Crusading.png

That topic is full of too many people like ired saying long for bosses rapier for slayer with nothing to back up their points and few people doing the math and proving rapier is better.

And where is your math btw? I challenge you to a ffa to all bosses, I'm sure your zspear will beat me while I stand there getting no kills. :thumbsup:

That topic is full of too many people like ired saying long for bosses rapier for slayer with nothing to back up their points and few people doing the math and proving rapier is better.

And where is your math btw? I challenge you to a ffa to all bosses, I'm sure your zspear will beat me while I stand there getting no kills. :thumbsup:

Math can't really apply because we don't have an accurate accuracy formula. Your sarcasm over the internet is hilarious.

Crusading.png