Tip.It Times - 8th August 2010

Racheya

I'm not really convinced that it's a high risk venture if there are posts discussing at length how people need to crash each other at monster hunting spots in order to cope with overcrowding.

What? The only correlation between the risk and competition is that your competition will sometimes try to get you killed. And how are you not convinced that it's a high risk venture? If you die at GWD, you lose your stuff. If you die at DKs, you lose your stuff unless some nice guy in bursting lobs decides to help you. TDs is really the only place where you're pretty much guaranteed to get your stuff back.

If you go solo at GWD, you won't get your stuff back. But, if you go solo, you probably will be experienced enough with it so that you normally don't die when you apply some attention to it. I don't really know about DKs, I won't comment here.

But it's not all about Boss hunting. what's with green dragons? Easy money even at low levels if you know what you're doing, and don' tell me that it's soo risky there.

I personally could never get near 1m/h with unfinished pots, maybe with herb farming(not really my cup of tea here :P)

About the economic stuff: Grant you, I'm really not an expert in this. All I can comment on is what I see. And what I do see are inflated prices slowly coming down(e.g. armadyl gs)

Maybe I'm missing some hint here, can be, if you don't want to comment about this because of the upcoming article, then I'm looking forward to that one. Still, as the average RS player, the economy currently looks pretty ok to me, when some months ago even I could see that something is wrong.

Also, apparently Jagex has no measure to deal with those bots. That's sad, but you can't just calculate the economy without them. If they do supply us with sharks, then it's sad, but you have to calculate it when we're talking about economical situations. And seriously, it's no wonder that so few real players want to fish sharks, with them at less than 1k each and terribly slow.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, if you monster hunt all the time, you have to skill at some point?

Herblore, dungeoneering, completing WGS, 70 agility for SGWD, etc. So, yes.

If you go solo at GWD, you won't get your stuff back. But, if you go solo, you probably will be experienced enough with it so that you normally don't die when you apply some attention to it.

There's always a chance of being combo'd, but the biggest threat is lag and DCing. If you lag and get combo'd, you're done. If you DC, you're done.

EDIT:

But it's not all about Boss hunting. what's with green dragons? Easy money even at low levels if you know what you're doing, and don' tell me that it's soo risky there.

I personally could never get near 1m/h with unfinished pots, maybe with herb farming(not really my cup of tea here )

Skilling makes more money than green dragons with much less effort unless you have a very high combat level (and if you do, why are you at green dragons?).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Regarding the last article, my enjoyment and amusement of the game is the rewards, that's what keeping me thrilled!

My lame drops:
6 Effigys
1 D Med - 1 D Dagger
1 Verac's Helmet - 1 Guthan's Platebody

In there current state, i dont know how jagex would ever make skilling more profitable outside removing bots. Or if they even want to.

Personally, i think GWD should thump woodcutting for profit, the biggest problem here is bots which devalue skills to the point where it is rarely worth your time, money or XP-wise.

Its why i havent skilled for money in a while, all i do is powerfish/cut because i know that, for money. My time is much better spent elsewhere.

O.O

How on earth do you make 2m/hr with skilling? :unsure:

Farming herbs, picking trees, making (unf) pots, Puro-Puro if you have a decent amount of luck, making summoning scrolls (doesn't directly involve combat).

So I'm reading:

1. Farming, which is high hourly profit if you only consider time spent farming but bad daily profit.

2. Luck from a minigame.

3. Buying stuff from the GE and creating junk/items that will crash when people realize the price difference.

How about a SUSTAINABLE skilling method? I'm sure Puro Puro is good average cash, but it involves luck. Monsters like Frost Dragons involve no luck whatsoever. And when you add luck to monsterhunting, the hourly profits get crazy.

2496 Completionist

Farming is all nice and fine, but it's limited. From what I know about it(I don't have the level for it), Impling Hunting at Puro Puro is often too crowded, and Mos'le Harmless has been nerfed.

Regarding unfinished potions, is herb cleaning included here? I'd think so? Well anyway, if not, then there's no xp for it...but if yes, then you have to consider that this is a LOT of clicking, which will quickly become tedious and even may lead to problems with your hand if you do it a lot.

Oh, and are these Methods really at 2m/h? Or is that a 'slight' exaggeration here?

I'd think Farming maybe without unusable time, but the other both(for puro-puro:uncrowded world but no average luck)?

Farming herbs, picking trees, making (unf) pots, Puro-Puro if you have a decent amount of luck, making summoning scrolls (doesn't directly involve combat).

So I'm reading:

1. Farming, which is high hourly profit if you only consider time spent farming but bad daily profit.

2. Luck from a minigame.

3. Buying stuff from the GE and creating junk/items that will crash when people realize the price difference.

How about a SUSTAINABLE skilling method? I'm sure Puro Puro is good average cash, but it involves luck. Monsters like Frost Dragons involve no luck whatsoever. And when you add luck to monsterhunting, the hourly profits get crazy.

unf pots aren't junk lol, people buy them because they are too lazy to mix their own pots. it makes just as much sense for unf pots to cost more than their ingredients as it does for air orbs to cost more than glass orbs + 3 cosmic runes. I know for a fact that at least some of the time they are unbuyable

I also don't see how you're complaining about relying on luck in puro-puro, as literally almost every way of making money through combat is luck-based as well. dragons are really the only exception, and the only dragon that is substantially better than RCing is frost dragons. And sure they're better, but doesn't it make sense that they do? To make millions per hour there you need, in addition to 85 dungeoneering, 99 attack and strength, 89 herblore, 95 prayer, and 96 summoning. DOESN'T THAT BLOODY WELL DESERVE A LOT OF MONEY? That is 49.2M xp that must be gained in order to make these profits, much of it very expensive.

I guess it could be argued that skilling does not have the opportunity to use its various components together in such a synergistic manner, but oh well. RS has more players interested in combat than skilling, and I don't see why Jagex shouldn't cater to the larger group more than the smaller group. The difference is there, but it isn't so large as to be truly unfair.

the first article...

ok, i have played RS for a while now, when i started it was very important to me that i become self sufficient. i wanted to gather my own resources so i wouldnt need to buy what i wanted or needed. at first, this seemed to work, but the longer i played, the more difficult it became.

some examples:

if i wanted to use the best hatchet (the adze may be equal but untradeable, wonder why the dragon hatchet isnt?) in the game to WC, i either had to kill something and hope i would get the random drop or buy one. nothing i do in the rest of the game gives me this tool, it is worthless as a weapon. no matter my smithing, crafting, construction or any skill, i can not make one or obtain it with what i am doing while skilling. i wonder how much crying and wailing there would be if skillers got the best weapon in the game while farming high level crops. of course the same can be said about the best pick in RS as well.

i get better seeds from killing some of the monsters in RS than i can get from thieving from the so-called "master farmer". heck, i cant even get the occasional seed while harvesting my plots (has RS seeds been genetically altered to make me buy from the seed manufacturer??)

i can make, what seems to be, medium level armor, while having the best level smithing in the game. sure rune items sell and alch for decent cash, but hunting rune rocks is a real life pain in the rear. i can get the same armor and weapons in drops from monsters. but i can not make dragon, god, barrows, and many other items that were not in the game when smithing rune was king.

i can fletch, mage, craft, construct, mine, cook, thieve, rc, smith, farm, squeeze by, make potions, chop, burn, and fish everything that is possible for me to do in RS, yet i can not make a dark bow (some may require a boost, but i can do the limit of all listed, except effigies).

with very few exceptions, combat will net you almost everything you should need skills for. why skill?

with a bit of imagination, jagex could make some of the items available to skillers, in the least, allow skillers to get a very rare clue, or in the least a way to be able to make the items that we should be able to make (even if they make skills like dung, and make us get to level 120)

with effigies and assist, is there anything that combat players cant do?

wouldnt effigies be great if you could get them skilling.

the second article...

well, i may be an abnormal RS player but combat is boring to me. sometimes i like doing it, but the same can be said about all my skills. i have always jumped from one skill to another, and never busted my rear and solely done one skill to 99.

with the addition of shattered heart, i need to do 9 of the 15 skills that i thought i would never need to do again. in order to get the bonuses. i get to make fires for no benefit (at this time), cook (strange part is, i cant even cook what i want to), fish (again, i cant even fish what i want to), run agility (OMG!!! i never, ever wanted to do this one again!), thieve (thank the deities the seeds are at least slightly better than what i used to get), smith, etc.

so yes, i have said "i hate doing this", it is irritating that i need to do skills that i thought i was finished training (note: i would still do some of these skills, just not "train" them).

i work toward the skill level max, to me that is more important than how many toys or cash i have. that is the goal of this "game" to me. i have played many games in my life and still play them even if i HATE TO LOSE! so i hate to train ranging? does that mean i shouldnt play the game to its (skill level max) end? i hate to sacrifice a pawn, but isnt it worth it to win?

not every action in every game is always enjoyable, but as i said, for me, the point in this game is to be the best i can be. if i am doing combat, i hate to die, when i am chipping gems and they shatter, i hate it. but i keep after it to try to be the best i can.

some skills to some players at some time will always get a "i hate this" response whether in game or sitting at your computer ready to pull your hair out.

i do admit, when i see someone "power" training say "this is boring" and i respond "take a break" but then they say "but i want to do "x" . those players do irritate me. but we all want that next level to open up new possibilities for us, so i probably should not throw stones.

so i do play RS for the "reward" and it is not always the same reward or the reward others are looking for. i sometimes just stand around in a bank and talk with friends, i have danced with friends for literally hours, i change my bank around and other things that are rewarding to me. if i saw an interesting event and i hadent planed other things, i might possibly join in even if the reward was not "monetary" or "items" or "experience". but as i am sure many people do not live in RS and they have a RL, so sometimes, i want to play the "game" in a manner that helps me achieve my goals (to be the best i can be) and the times i do not mind just being in RS may not be the times the "events" happen..

thanks,

gompo

No matter where you go, there you are.

StarTrekEnterprise1701A_freedesktopwallpaper_p-1.jpg

unf pots aren't junk lol, people buy them because they are too lazy to mix their own pots. it makes just as much sense for unf pots to cost more than their ingredients as it does for air orbs to cost more than glass orbs + 3 cosmic runes. I know for a fact that at least some of the time they are unbuyable

I also don't see how you're complaining about relying on luck in puro-puro, as literally almost every way of making money through combat is luck-based as well. dragons are really the only exception, and the only dragon that is substantially better than RCing is frost dragons. And sure they're better, but doesn't it make sense that they do? To make millions per hour there you need, in addition to 85 dungeoneering, 99 attack and strength, 89 herblore, 95 prayer, and 96 summoning. DOESN'T THAT BLOODY WELL DESERVE A LOT OF MONEY? That is 49.2M xp that must be gained in order to make these profits, much of it very expensive.

I guess it could be argued that skilling does not have the opportunity to use its various components together in such a synergistic manner, but oh well. RS has more players interested in combat than skilling, and I don't see why Jagex shouldn't cater to the larger group more than the smaller group. The difference is there, but it isn't so large as to be truly unfair.

Well said. Impling hunting and rune mining are two of the best ways to make money from skilling, but they both involve a little luck and competition (though nowhere near that of MHing).

Regarding unfinished potions, is herb cleaning included here? I'd think so? Well anyway, if not, then there's no xp for it...but if yes, then you have to consider that this is a LOT of clicking, which will quickly become tedious and even may lead to problems with your hand if you do it a lot.

In Runescape, you often sacrifice experience for money. This applies to MHing especially, so that's a moot point.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Even without any kingly/dragon implings Puro Puro is like 500-800kish gp/hr at least.

Hence why I said items that will crash when people realize the price difference. Unfinished potions are forever limited in profit because they are kept in check by the fact that anyone can buy them and at some point it becomes equally worth it to make unf pots yourself instead of buying them. Same with summoning scrolls. Drops from monsters are held in the same balance but they have requirements to obtain; also, since the items sought for profit are generally the best available for their respective slot, prices are guaranteed to remain higher than less useful items. The reason why monsterhunting is such high gp/hour is that most people kill monsters inefficiently and someone with the best gear and stats can rip through monsters faster, while the vast majority of the supply comes from players clogging up worlds with slower kills/hr rates.

With the exception of dungeoneering, those levels are commonplace now. Being high leveled with good gear/stats no longer distinguishes players from each other. Also, Kingly Implings have a pretty high hunter requirement (91) that requires 80+ hours of Hunter to achieve (finding kingly/dragon implings is going to make or break your hourly profit). Look it up on the highscores - there are similar amounts of people with 95 prayer as there are people with 91 hunter (herblore is a little behind because at that rank the level is 86). Hard to believe, sure, but prayer are herblore are standard skills now. 80+ hours gives you about 82-83 dungeoneering, depending on your method for the early levels, close enough to sprint to 85. The only requirement that doesn't match up is summoning and the combat skills, but since everyone trains combat and many methods do not rely on Winter Storage, this is not a huge issue. There are a myriad of profitable monsters to kill where the high hourly profits come from 100% or common drops; if you really want a full list, I'll respond with one.

Combat is already the standard. We clearly need methods that require more than level 91 in a skill if profits are going to go anywhere with skilling.

When you start talking about monsters that involve luck, they go like this:

DKs (96 summoning gives most of the hourly profit; drops that are 1/30-1/50 boost this rate on a steady basis).

TDs (with the best methods, averages one set of claws per 7 hours; most players kill them much more slowly, so one set of claws every 10-15 hours for 88 summoners)

GWD (the average hilt takes more than a dozen hours of killing, with secondary drops more common)

Corp (you miss most of the sigils you see, which are rare in the first place)

When you talk about hours per kingly impling or hours per dragon claws, you start talking about profits that are not set. However, skilling is supposed to provide the steady cashflow, and we still have no cashmaking methods that require over level 91 in a skill (whereas high skills like 96/99 summoning, 89/96 herblore, 95 prayer play a huge role in combat's hourly profits). To solve the combat/skilling issue, Jagex is going to have to create higher level content for skilling. Things like the Living Rock Caverns are great for helping people max out but they do nothing for the people looking for ways to make money off this work.

2496 Completionist

With the exception of dungeoneering, those levels are commonplace now. Being high leveled with good gear/stats no longer distinguishes players from each other. Also, Kingly Implings have a pretty high hunter requirement (91) that requires 80+ hours of Hunter to achieve (finding kingly/dragon implings is going to make or break your hourly profit). Look it up on the highscores - there are similar amounts of people with 95 prayer as there are people with 91 hunter (herblore is a little behind because at that rank the level is 86). Hard to believe, sure, but prayer are herblore are standard skills now. 80+ hours gives you about 82-83 dungeoneering, depending on your method for the early levels, close enough to sprint to 85. The only requirement that doesn't match up is summoning and the combat skills, but since everyone trains combat and many methods do not rely on Winter Storage, this is not a huge issue. There are a myriad of profitable monsters to kill where the high hourly profits come from 100% or common drops; if you really want a full list, I'll respond with one.

Yeah, combat also requires 80+ hours of training to get to that level. And you only need 88 hunter, not 91.

When you talk about hours per kingly impling or hours per dragon claws, you start talking about profits that are not set. However, skilling is supposed to provide the steady cashflow, and we still have no cashmaking methods that require over level 91 in a skill (whereas high skills like 96/99 summoning, 89/96 herblore, 95 prayer play a huge role in combat's hourly profits).

Even without any kingly/dragon implings Puro Puro is like 500-800kish gp/hr at least.

So I'm reading:

2. Luck from a minigame.

I thhink someone has missed out RuneCrafting.

At around 91+ RCing you earn approximately 20K each Nature Altar run which, at a good speed, is about 1 minute (judging from best time, being around 41s or so). 20K x 60 = 1.2M

So whereas 2M is near enough impossible p/h w/ Skilling, with RCing you can get pretty close. Sure, 91 RC is high but it's worth it.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

the first article...

ok, i have played RS for a while now, when i started it was very important to me that i become self sufficient. i wanted to gather my own resources so i wouldnt need to buy what i wanted or needed. at first, this seemed to work, but the longer i played, the more difficult it became.

some examples:

if i wanted to use the best hatchet (the adze may be equal but untradeable, wonder why the dragon hatchet isnt?) in the game to WC, i either had to kill something and hope i would get the random drop or buy one. nothing i do in the rest of the game gives me this tool, it is worthless as a weapon. no matter my smithing, crafting, construction or any skill, i can not make one or obtain it with what i am doing while skilling. i wonder how much crying and wailing there would be if skillers got the best weapon in the game while farming high level crops. of course the same can be said about the best pick in RS as well.

i get better seeds from killing some of the monsters in RS than i can get from thieving from the so-called "master farmer". heck, i cant even get the occasional seed while harvesting my plots (has RS seeds been genetically altered to make me buy from the seed manufacturer??)

i can make, what seems to be, medium level armor, while having the best level smithing in the game. sure rune items sell and alch for decent cash, but hunting rune rocks is a real life pain in the rear. i can get the same armor and weapons in drops from monsters. but i can not make dragon, god, barrows, and many other items that were not in the game when smithing rune was king.

i can fletch, mage, craft, construct, mine, cook, thieve, rc, smith, farm, squeeze by, make potions, chop, burn, and fish everything that is possible for me to do in RS, yet i can not make a dark bow (some may require a boost, but i can do the limit of all listed, except effigies).

with very few exceptions, combat will net you almost everything you should need skills for. why skill?

with a bit of imagination, jagex could make some of the items available to skillers, in the least, allow skillers to get a very rare clue, or in the least a way to be able to make the items that we should be able to make (even if they make skills like dung, and make us get to level 120)

with effigies and assist, is there anything that combat players cant do?

wouldnt effigies be great if you could get them skilling.

the second article...

well, i may be an abnormal RS player but combat is boring to me. sometimes i like doing it, but the same can be said about all my skills. i have always jumped from one skill to another, and never busted my rear and solely done one skill to 99.

with the addition of shattered heart, i need to do 9 of the 15 skills that i thought i would never need to do again. in order to get the bonuses. i get to make fires for no benefit (at this time), cook (strange part is, i cant even cook what i want to), fish (again, i cant even fish what i want to), run agility (OMG!!! i never, ever wanted to do this one again!), thieve (thank the deities the seeds are at least slightly better than what i used to get), smith, etc.

so yes, i have said "i hate doing this", it is irritating that i need to do skills that i thought i was finished training (note: i would still do some of these skills, just not "train" them).

i work toward the skill level max, to me that is more important than how many toys or cash i have. that is the goal of this "game" to me. i have played many games in my life and still play them even if i HATE TO LOSE! so i hate to train ranging? does that mean i shouldnt play the game to its (skill level max) end? i hate to sacrifice a pawn, but isnt it worth it to win?

not every action in every game is always enjoyable, but as i said, for me, the point in this game is to be the best i can be. if i am doing combat, i hate to die, when i am chipping gems and they shatter, i hate it. but i keep after it to try to be the best i can.

some skills to some players at some time will always get a "i hate this" response whether in game or sitting at your computer ready to pull your hair out.

i do admit, when i see someone "power" training say "this is boring" and i respond "take a break" but then they say "but i want to do "x" . those players do irritate me. but we all want that next level to open up new possibilities for us, so i probably should not throw stones.

so i do play RS for the "reward" and it is not always the same reward or the reward others are looking for. i sometimes just stand around in a bank and talk with friends, i have danced with friends for literally hours, i change my bank around and other things that are rewarding to me. if i saw an interesting event and i hadent planed other things, i might possibly join in even if the reward was not "monetary" or "items" or "experience". but as i am sure many people do not live in RS and they have a RL, so sometimes, i want to play the "game" in a manner that helps me achieve my goals (to be the best i can be) and the times i do not mind just being in RS may not be the times the "events" happen..

thanks,

gompo

Sorry about re-posting this whole thing (I don't know how to hide it, lol)...but very well said, gompo. :mrgreen:

No one plays this game and doesn't have fun.

I can guarantee you that they do.

Introduce me to them sometime, that's all I'm going to say on this topic.

Go to rogues den and ask who is having fun and enjoying themselves. I would bet that not all of them will be. The same if you asked people the same question to people who are firemaking or fletching.

They may not be having fun at that moment. But why don't you ask them if they have ever had fun playing this game. People do things not because it is fun at that instant, but because it will be fun later, or was fun before. Yes, I hate firemaking, it is not fun. But EE was well worth it, and thus, I did have fun, just not lighting logs.

No one starts playing runescape and says "This is the most boring thing ever, I think I will come back here and play for the next 3 and 1/2 years, just so I can gripe and whine while I get 99 cooking, fletching, woodcutting, and firemaking."

A girl in my clan got 99 cooking at rogues den a bit ago. She didn't have fun doing it, I can guarantee that. I was a primary conversation partner with her via cc while she was roasting sharks. But now she has this cool new cape, and the ability to make a host of new outfits with it. (I guess somebody has to like that color purple, even if I don't) That is how she had fun.

Just because someone is not having fun at that time does not mean they do not have fun playing Runescape.

No one plays Runescape and does not have fun.

OT:

For the first article, it makes sense, but I do not see an easy fix. I do not see a way that Jagex can make skilling earn anything on par with MHing without causing huge inflation (while mining, you uncover a ancient artifact, swap it in at edge bank to Mandrith for money)

Since most people find that having large amounts of money is far preferable to being permanently broke, quite a few people train skills in fast manners in order to finish quickly and get to making lots of money.

How can you say that no one players runescape and does not have fun when in your statement you say you did not have fun while firemaking? That is the point of the whole article I think. People are willing to play a game where they are not having fun to have something small such as a cape at the end. Is it really worth it to spend hours of boredom for a pixelated item such as that, when you can be having much more fun going to a TET event for example?

Ye gods, is it that hard? He said people don't play RuneScape if they NEVER have fun. Is training slayer 100% fun? NO! Is slaying fun? YES.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Yeah, combat also requires 80+ hours of training to get to that level. And you only need 88 hunter, not 91.

If you are considering potions/boosts, 86 herblore becomes as good as 89. And is counting hours for combat really necessary? Over 100k people have 99 attack and even more have strength.

When you talk about hours per kingly impling or hours per dragon claws, you start talking about profits that are not set. However, skilling is supposed to provide the steady cashflow, and we still have no cashmaking methods that require over level 91 in a skill (whereas high skills like 96/99 summoning, 89/96 herblore, 95 prayer play a huge role in combat's hourly profits).

Yes, I read that. By "make or break" I meant getting that 500-800k (which doesn't cut it anymore) or a couple million or more.

So I'm reading:

2. Luck from a minigame.

I thhink someone has missed out RuneCrafting.

At around 91+ RCing you earn approximately 20K each Nature Altar run which, at a good speed, is about 1 minute (judging from best time, being around 41s or so). 20K x 60 = 1.2M

So whereas 2M is near enough impossible p/h w/ Skilling, with RCing you can get pretty close. Sure, 91 RC is high but it's worth it.

Bit more like 15k per run, but even so, 1.2m is 60% of 2m. Since when is 60% "pretty close?" Actually, more profit is made crafting deaths through the abyss with chances at double runes (which make it nearly impossible to calculate exact hourly profits, but more than nats) in the 90s. I'd guess 1.3-1.4m perhaps. Still, this stuff is just breaking the 1m mark or creeping up towards 1.5m and is not equaling the 2m number thrown out there or even getting close to the 2.5m average at frost dragons or the 5m some people claim to get at TDs.

It's clear that 91 is no longer high enough to be a level requirement exclusive enough to grant massive profits if Jagex wants to realign the game towards a skilling/monsterhunting balance as far as cash in concerned. I think they'll opt to do all the skilling changes through D&Ds and minigames though instead of frequent new content. The latest skill-related updates in reverse chronological order were:

-Ancient Effigies

-Fish Flingers

-Bonus XP Weekend (if you would count that)

-Shattered Hearts

-New Implings

-Familiarization

-Chance at 2x death, law, blood

-Agility benefits to Hunter

-High level herblore potions

-Ivy

-Living Rock Caverns

Of those 11 updates, 5 were D&Ds or event weekends, 1 was combat-oriented, 2 boosted skill-related moneymaking, and 3 increased the exp rates or ease of training. Take what you want from those numbers but I've stated my conclusion above.

2496 Completionist

So I'm reading:

2. Luck from a minigame.

the price difference between unf pots and herbs has been there forever. There are at least 20 guides on youtube about "making uber fast cash!! omgz!!"

Lots of people know about it, but it is a mind numbing process, and therefore, very few people actually do it. Plenty of people buy unf pots, so they can finish the huge amount of potions they need to make to lvl up that much faster.

pere_grin.png