Tip.It Times - 8th August 2010

Racheya

A game is about having fun, and yet people just grind themselves for the skills to get an achievement without attaining any happiness. In that case, what's the point? There's no enjoyment of the game. Some players just don't understand it. Having a nice stat without going through happiness doesn't makes 1 feel as happy as having a real achievement.

TT - Life's not about just profits. Doing things over and over again is boring, unless there is sense of thrill in it.

Again, I challenge you to prove to me that I don't have fun training skills in a method that you deride as "grinding".

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A game is about having fun, and yet people just grind themselves for the skills to get an achievement without attaining any happiness. In that case, what's the point? There's no enjoyment of the game. Some players just don't understand it. Having a nice stat without going through happiness doesn't makes 1 feel as happy as having a real achievement.

TT - Life's not about just profits. Doing things over and over again is boring, unless there is sense of thrill in it.

Again, I challenge you to prove to me that I don't have fun training skills in a method that you deride as "grinding".

It's not about methods which are boring but about people who are bored by a method and complain about it while doing it, for something as a skillcape which only offers fun(in the sense of achievement) for a very limited amount of time.

It's not about methods which are boring but about people who are bored by a method and complain about it while doing it, for something as a skillcape which only offers fun(in the sense of achievement) for a very limited amount of time.

So in other words, you are saying that the argument is not substantiated and is just the author projecting his/her inexplicable discontent with a game for he/she pays $6 monthly onto others? Or am I misunderstanding you?

Runon sentence is a runon, hey, look, my bicycle was just stolen and two thieves are running away from my building, maybe I should catch them but I'm too busy powerslaying so I think I won't and oh my god one of those thieves was my brother and look the other one was my dad, maybe they're just going to get my bicycle serviced, I think I'm just going to go do something like boss hunting or continue slaying, I don't know, I think that Nickleback is awesome, do you?

I have fun doing things in an efficient manner. I don't impose my playstyle on anyone else. I do some things in an inefficient manner, namely Fletching because I can't stand making bolts or doing something like that.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.

I you have fun doing what you are doing, whatever it is, that's fine. But the article was not about how much of a grind cooking or whatever is, it is about how a lot of runescape players do things which are NOT fun for the, simply because they want to achieve a certain level just for the achievement itself.

I you have fun cooking - fine.

If you need a certain cooking level for something and work for that - fine.

But if you just want to have a 99, spend countless of hours cooking and at the same time complaining how boring it is, all for simple cape and a sense of achievement which doesn't last very long - that's just a waste of time, honestly.

I you have fun doing what you are doing, whatever it is, that's fine. But the article was not about how much of a grind cooking or whatever is, it is about how a lot of runescape players do things which are NOT fun for the, simply because they want to achieve a certain level just for the achievement itself.

I you have fun cooking - fine.

If you need a certain cooking level for something and work for that - fine.

But if you just want to have a 99, spend countless of hours cooking and at the same time complaining how boring it is, all for simple cape and a sense of achievement which doesn't last very long - that's just a waste of time, honestly.

I cooked for a trimmed skillcape, then lold a couple of days later when I beat Nomad.

MstrMonopoly.png

I piety the fool.