Should the daily assistance experience cap be put up?

onedaysoon

Just let them assist with no xp. Like if I'm "maxed" I can assist, but I'll get no xp.

That sounds good, but it would be a lot more annoying for those with the skills and for those who wear the skill capes of RCing for example, as they have no 'excuse' to decline, especially if they are constantly being asked.

The other week I had 5 effigies and it took about 4 hours to get them all to lamps (with 4 of the 5 having the 97 RCing requirement) and so while I think the 30k limit is more than enough, I would happily support a limit of 31k so somebody can assist two 97s in a day.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You happend to be in the wrong place at the right time. W117 Daemonheim is the unofficial spot for effigies.

Just like w2 at GE is used for junktrading. If you were there all your playtime, you would get the impression everyone is junktrading.

I don't dislike the current system, if they change anything, they should keep it balanced.

If all skills were raised to level 120, then yes I'd want the cap to go up to 60k a day.

Right now I think it's fine the way it is. I've gained 2 crafting levels (90-92) just purely being dedicated to assisting people with crafting every day, and noting down when I can assist the next day.

I think what jagex needs though is the ability to assist people whether you've reached the max exp for that day or not. There aren't many 91-97 runecrafters and builders that can help, and when more and more are maxed out after 1 or 2 assists, it's really hard to find assistance for one of those effigies. Though people wouldn't really be able to get away from all the 'assist me pls' requests, so dunno about that on second thought.

I would also love to see slayer assistable, but I doubt that will ever happen.

2vuhgcn.png

No, I think the level reqs should scale by with your own levels so that you could always do the first part but later parts there is a chance that you need to request assistance, ofcourse with lower requirements to unlock the effigy it would give less exp. Or then just remove them altogether, it's a madness in w117 for example, ton of people just shouting they need assistance. I'm sure whoever designed them didn't want that.

Sephy.png

Just let them assist with no xp. Like if I'm "maxed" I can assist, but I'll get no xp.

I agree with this. This allows me to help other people but at the same time, it does not ruin the skill. I mean if they raise the limit, someone could get 99 herblore without paying much... and it's kinda unfair for those players who have earned their money in order to spend it on the skill.

EDIT: Opps, but then I realise, if I were able to help others so freely, that person can use the reward for free xp... enabling them to benefit greatly since they will be able to find multiple assisters easily.

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Making them unassistable would not be a terrible idea, if you boosted the lamps you'd get from trading them in.

Instead of 5k, or whatever terrible amount it is, the trade-in lamps should give exp relative that what form of effigy you traded in.

If you traded in a gorged ancient effigy, the lamp would give you exp only slightly lower than a dragonkin lamp. If you traded in one with level 91 reqs, the lamp would reward significantly less (yet still reasonable) experience. It would encourage people to level up the relevant skills, yet still be able to get a decent exp reward if they can't fully investigate an effigy.

If it was raised it would be too easy IMO. What would be the point in making it a 5 minute job to get such epic exp, it would take any challenge out of it. They might as well just drop the lamps themselves.

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Making them unassistable would not be a terrible idea, if you boosted the lamps you'd get from trading them in.

Instead of 5k, or whatever terrible amount it is, the trade-in lamps should give exp relative that what form of effigy you traded in.

If you traded in a gorged ancient effigy, the lamp would give you exp only slightly lower than a dragonkin lamp. If you traded in one with level 91 reqs, the lamp would reward significantly less (yet still reasonable) experience. It would encourage people to level up the relevant skills, yet still be able to get a decent exp reward if they can't fully investigate an effigy.

I think that's a pretty good idea

it should probably be doubled.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

This is not a good idea. Someone who is 97 or higher in assistable skills could just camp out and suck up all the people needing assistance, making it very difficult for those who want their 30K a day assist experience out of luck.

This is not a good idea. Someone who is 97 or higher in assistable skills could just camp out and suck up all the people needing assistance, making it very difficult for those who want their 30K a day assist experience out of luck.

+ if you have 99 construction/smithing/etc you would get bombarded with pm's the second you come online...

Pfff some people expect high skills from others for theres selfish own. Now im motivated to train some skills over 94. Also skill boost items are now much more in use, try buy crafting potion for example :)

Sufem.png

I'm on the “no freakin’ way” bandwagon.

I already get hammered by requests from assist beggars every day I go to Edgeville or the GE. I’ve turned assist off, turned private chat off, started wearing a Constitution cape... yet people can’t take the hint.

No means no. It doesn’t mean ask me 20 times, with varying iterations of “plz” tacked on to the end. It doesn’t mean for you to give me some sanctimonious lecture about the game being an MMORPG and therefore, in the spirit of the game, I am somehow morally obliged to be your enabler.

Train your damned skills the old-fashioned way or find some other pigeon to enable your “easy button” complex.

[/rant]

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

ya just a lil...so i dont get 5k exp when i assist a 97

AND NOOBS GET 97 THIEVING ITS EASY construction prob the most begged for :P

i usually assist rc/con every other day or so...

StarViv.png

I'm on the no freakin way bandwagon.

I already get hammered by requests from assist beggars every day I go to Edgeville or the GE. Ive turned assist off, turned private chat off, started wearing a Constitution cape... yet people cant take the hint.

No means no. It doesnt mean ask me 20 times, with varying iterations of plz tacked on to the end. It doesnt mean for you to give me some sanctimonious lecture about the game being an MMORPG and therefore, in the spirit of the game, I am somehow morally obliged to be your enabler.

Train your damned skills the old-fashioned way or find some other pigeon to enable your easy button complex.

[/rant]

You are either an idiot or just overreacting... I have had all the skills to assist any effigie but for rc since the update and have never been PM-ed by a complete stranger to assist an effigie, and the slight spam of people is barely noticeable if you just don't care about it. It really doesn't break a leg if you ignore some begger or tell them you have full assist 1-2 times a day, and if you can't put up with some social activities, this game likely just isn't for you.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Usually I yell "offering all skills" in world117 while waiting good teams. It takes barely any time to assist. I support assist with no exp if you are maxed!

An optimist will tell you the glass is half-full; the pessimist, half-empty; and the engineer will tell you the glass is twice the size it needs to be.

I think they XP should be bumped up by 10k maybe 20k depending on your total level, but the major point is you should be allowed to assist without gaining XP once your maxed. Remember, assist wasn't built just for a bunch of trinket drops.

Popoto.~<3

Pfff some people expect high skills from others for theres selfish own. Now im motivated to train some skills over 94. Also skill boost items are now much more in use, try buy crafting potion for example :)

Getting to 94 takes a while and I wouldn't call it selfish not spending hours getting a 99.

kWMd.gifI0SK.gifSC6s.gifYI0G.gif

If you click on them they hatch or grow up faster and look awesomer!!!

87.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot. If you're one of the 42% of statistics that doesn't, copy and paste this into your sig. In addition, 126.324% of the previous statement does not make sense.

I'm on the "no freakin' way" bandwagon.

I already get hammered by requests from assist beggars every day I go to Edgeville or the GE. I've turned assist off, turned private chat off, started wearing a Constitution cape... yet people can't take the hint.

No means no. It doesn't mean ask me 20 times, with varying iterations of "plz" tacked on to the end. It doesn't mean for you to give me some sanctimonious lecture about the game being an MMORPG and therefore, in the spirit of the game, I am somehow morally obliged to be your enabler.

Train your damned skills the old-fashioned way or find some other pigeon to enable your "easy button" complex.

[/rant]

You are either an idiot or just overreacting... I have had all the skills to assist any effigie but for rc since the update and have never been PM-ed by a complete stranger to assist an effigie, and the slight spam of people is barely noticeable if you just don't care about it. It really doesn't break a leg if you ignore some begger or tell them you have full assist 1-2 times a day, and if you can't put up with some social activities, this game likely just isn't for you.

Black and white arguments are fallacies; i.e., look in the mirror the next time you feel compelled to use the word idiot.

And yes, both those examples I mentioned happened to me within the past week.

Ask me once, you'll get a polite refusal. Ask me more than once, you'll get suck my left nut like some snowflake in Edgeville did (who asked 6 times and was about as sanctimonious as you are about the MMO experience.) :-P

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I'm on the no freakin way bandwagon.

I already get hammered by requests from assist beggars every day I go to Edgeville or the GE. Ive turned assist off, turned private chat off, started wearing a Constitution cape... yet people cant take the hint.

No means no. It doesnt mean ask me 20 times, with varying iterations of plz tacked on to the end. It doesnt mean for you to give me some sanctimonious lecture about the game being an MMORPG and therefore, in the spirit of the game, I am somehow morally obliged to be your enabler.

Train your damned skills the old-fashioned way or find some other pigeon to enable your easy button complex.

[/rant]

lol @ this guy

So basically you don't assist others because you're upset at the prospect of them getting "free" experience? Hah!