Nintendo 3DS

Whazaa007

Just because they put out a new model doesn't mean you need to buy it. It's just a new version is all.

And it's been a long time since the original DS game out, it's time for a new one. And if you waited until you simply stopped making money from something to do something else nothing new would ever come out. People still buy playstation 2's so are you saying they should have never made the PS3?

Where you could buy a GBA and it would still be the big Nintendo handheld, and could play tons of games.

Meh. They had the GBA, GBA SP, GBA Micro.

The original gameboy had a lot of versions. The original, gameboy pocket, gameboy color.

Wikipedia_gameboygroup.jpg

Considering the current trend the DS has the original, DS Lite, DSi and DS XL. So one more (The DS XL) than the others but also the DS XL is more of an alternative than an improvement.

Actuallllllly.

The release date has not yet been released. The release date and price will come out on September 29th. Read it on Nintendo News on Twitter.

Pokemon Black and White will DEFINITELY not be on 3DS as 3DS games. That is because it will be out in Japan before the 3DS release date is even announced.

Anyways, i will get this. Mario Kart and OoT look EPIC.

Adventure_Time_by_Titan_of_Tacos.png

Actuallllllly.

The release date has not yet been released. The release date and price will come out on September 29th. Read it on Nintendo News on Twitter.

Pokemon Black and White will DEFINITELY not be on 3DS as 3DS games. That is because it will be out in Japan before the 3DS release date is even announced.

Anyways, i will get this. Mario Kart and OoT look EPIC.

Apparently there are some new features when you use it on the 3DS or something

DF's Most Valued Official || Summer Awards 2010

jfaudg.jpg

Proud Divine Forces Leader

Rumours are it will be 200-250 dollars, so i guess we have to play the waiting game, even though i bet it will be 200 US.

29th september is the date everything will be dated it seems.

Wasn't the first DS like 300 dollars

DF's Most Valued Official || Summer Awards 2010

jfaudg.jpg

Proud Divine Forces Leader

• 1 month later...

Bump since the release date has been announced: February 26th, 2011 for Japan, March for the rest of the world. It'll be priced at ~220/$300, so around the price of current home consoles. I'm really torn on whether or not I should buy this one on the very first day, since there will probably be new models released within the first year after its release. At the same time, it's still awesome, and unlike the original DS it actually looks to be a pretty complete package.

Some people think there's two types of gamers, hardcore and casual. In fact the two types are a bit more complex. There's people who love to have weird abstract fun as part of their lives, some hardcore and some less so often in more casual ways. That's actually one type. The other type has no fun at all, but plays incredibly easy, but incredibly addictive action games and consider themselves as involved in some kind of competitive environment. The latter type generally dismiss handheld games because they must be simple, small, uncomplicated games, right? They have to be. They just have to.

The most difficult and complex games, the ones requiring any degree of complex thought, are on PC, PSP and DS. Nothing is happening on the console front of any depth, save for Demon's Souls and some pretty nifty downloadables, most of which are on PC. What console games do well is action, and in that regard, they are losing ground to handhelds very quickly. I don't speak for all types of gamers obviously, I'm just interested in pure game design. In that regard, home consoles have been mostly laughable for this generation with a few bright spots.

I don't think 3D is a massive deal, but I'm sure it will be a fun element for a few good games, and that will be enough.

If it gets a system like the Wii's Virtual console for game boy games (Which it apparently will), I will go bankrupt.

Virtual Console for GB, GBC and GBA is confirmed.

In regards to Necromagus post on Consoles, i think it's a bit... different (can't find the apropriate word, if i do i'll edit).

I think said "complex" games exist in home consoles but just aren't publicized enough, mainly because what's selling aat the time is FPS's and the like.

Also, could you say what do you define by "complex"?

That being said, if it launches at 250€ or less, i'll buy it day one.

Edit:This movie showcases soe of the 3DS line up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4A80uAaYdU

Hm. If we have true Virtual Console I'll have to see how much gamestop will give me for my DSi; will probably wait until Dec of next year to buy though. If Nintendo lets you transfer DSiWare, I'm all for it.

£190 in UK methinks, ill be trading in my dsi to save some money!

*cant wait!!*

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

metal gear 3, kingdom hearts (i really hope its not #3 and they are just calling it kingdom hearts 3ds) and zelda oot. i will be getting this just for oot and i hope they keep most of the glitches in this one

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

• 3 months later...

before i think about getting one i need

1) to see a bomb explosion in oot and

2) to wait for somone on a speed run site to get one + oot and check if the glitches are in it still

your such a mother [bleep]er. whats with all this bombchu [cabbage]? all everyone who likes this [cabbage] is stupid. ur a [bleep]ing cheater. u did that the wrong way, thats not how to get past the king zora u cheater. u suck and i wont continue watching all ur [cabbage]! videos

he mad?

$250 US launch price. I'll probably end up waiting a bit to see if it is worth to get.

Indeed. Especially since the games and virtual console stuff will make drug addiction look cheap by comparison.

Copypasting the TVTropes article on it

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Nintendo3DS

Nintendo 3 DS

Real 3D graphics, no funny glasses required.

"My body wasn't ready."

— The Internet, after Nintendo's E3 conference.

"Everyone: This. Is. Nintendo. 3. D. S."

—Satoru Iwata

We're raising the bar even higher.

Continuing down the path of technical innovation Nintendo first explored with the DS and the Wii, the Nintendo 3DS will be the world's first functional 3D handheld console. In many ways, the 3DS builds upon the base formula of its predecessor and improves it. Keeping all the features on the DSi, the 3DS takes the concept of the DS as a whole and literally adds another dimension to it.

Certainly the most impressive addition to the handheld is the all-new widescreen, 3.53 inch, with 800x240 pixel resolution, top screen that enables 3D view without the use of special glasses. 96,000 (that's half) of the total 192,000 pixels are allocated to each eye to make this possible. It does this by utilizing a Parallax barrier, which "has a series of vertical slits [and] is incorporated into an ordinary LCD to control the path of light reaching the right and left eyes, thus creating a sense of depth." It's pretty much another derivative of Autostereoscopy, similar to those lenticular prints from Magic Motion cards.

But not only the display of the 3DS is three-dimensional. Two outer cameras with 640x480 pixels of resolution allow the user to take pictures in full 3D, a novelty even outside the handheld gaming market.

However, the 3DS also adds some of the features first introduced with the Wii. It will feature a motion sensor and a gyro sensor enabling motion-based controls, which seem to be all the rage in this generation. Fans of two-dimensional gaming will be pleased to hear that the 3D depth can be adjusted or even completely disabled with a slider. The 3DS also adds analog controls to join the classic D-Pad, in the form of a slide pad not unlike the one the PSP has.

The 3DS has displayed impressive graphical power, as press screenshots indicate graphics eclipsing the PSP and about on par with the Gamecube and Xbox (with rumblings from various people near the project that it might be closer to a Wii in capacity—MGS3 had normal-mapped surfaces, for example).

Unlike most systems at launch, the 3DS is practically sure not to suffer from a lack of games at launch. A list of third party developers who have already showed interest in developing games for the new platform has been revealed at E3 2010, including big names such as Activision, Atlus, Capcom, Electronic Arts, Konami, Namco Bandai, Square Enix and Sega. And with the new 3DS game cards having a whopping 1-8 GB, there's plenty of room for them.

Oh, and they're planning on releasing 3D movies on it, too. As well as incorporating Augmented Reality into the camera.

Oh, and it will have a GB and GBC Virtual Console, and the first title to be released will be Link's Awakening.

Oh, and the 3DS online play will still use Friend Codes... BUT! Only one universal code as compared to one code per game.

There are a couple of slight sour notes to all of this; the 3DS is expected have only about 3-5 hours of battery life for a 3D game, and 5-8 for a DS game. In addition, it's set to launch with a fairly hefty price tag, more comparable to a current home console in price at around 200 to 300 dollars or the equivalent in local currency. In the US, it's launching at 250$ - the same as the launch price of the Wii, and more expensive than it is now. In the EU, the price is dependant upon retailers (likely due to different amount of retail tax) but in the UK looks to be going for around £220.

We now know of its release date: February 26th for Japan, March 27th for the United States, March 25th for Europe, and a general March for everywhere else.

Conclusion: The 3DS already looks like it's ready to print money...IN 3D!

[spoiler=Games]Games:

* Animal Crossing

* Assassins Creed: Lost Legacy

* Bomberman

* Dead Or Alive Dimensions *

So much potential.

* Donkey Kong: 3D

* A Dragon Quest title of some form

* Final Fantasy

* Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

* Inazuma Eleven 4

* KidIcarus: Uprising

* Kingdom Hearts 3D

* Kirby: 3D

* The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS *

And The Fandom Rejoiced

* Mario Kart

* Mega Man Legends 3 *

The internet exploded.

* Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D "The Naked Sample"

* Nintendogs + Cats

* One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP *

No Export For You remains to be seen...

* Paper Mario 3 DS

* Pilotwings Resort

* Professor Layton

o Professor Layton And The Mask Of Miracle

* Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney *

Two fandoms rejoiced.

* Resident Evil Revelations

* Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D

* Saints Row

* Shin Megami Tensei (including some kind of Persona offering and a port of Devil Survivor)

* The Sims 3

* Sonic

* Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

* Star Fox 64 3D

* Super Monkey Ball

* Super Robot Wars (A totally new game, details *and whether or not it's something people outside of Japan will ever see unknown)

* Super Street Fighter IV

* Tales Of The Abyss

Yeah, I'm interested in most of the N64 remakes and the Shin Megami Tensei games. Especially Devil Survivor, which is a massive remake and expansion of the 2008 DS game.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Looks nice, but I´ll stick with my DSlite as it hasn´t failed me yet.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.