Staff tackles and chokes deaf man suspected of shoplifting.

sarg1010

Wrong. The majority of police officers (won't say anything about rent-a-cops), ESPECIALLY in big cities, sign up to try and protect the average person from criminal assault, rape, murder, etc. Put one of these jackasses in a room with a bunch of good cops after they've beat the [cabbage] out of someone for talking back to them, and they're going out of that room with a concussion, if not on a stretcher.

Pretty sure you just proved Bentomat's point.

Uh, no he didn't

He's referring to how I think that the people who do this [cabbage] would get their asses kicked if they were put in a room with some good cops who know what they did. Personally, this doesn't so much say that police (even good ones) are violent [wagon] as it says they are human. See, they know and (depending on where they're at and their time spent with a badge) have personal experience with [cabbage] that happened as retaliation for something like this. Pulling these stunts endangers their lives and, by proxy, the lives of innocent civilians by means of pissing on the hornet's nest. Anybody with a shred of decency would think that someone who'd do that either without thinking or for what amounts to s@6ts and giggles needs to learn face-first why it's a bad idea. Mainly because they've proven themselves to be too stupid to heed damn near anything else as a deterrent. If someone started barking at a group of gangsters trying to prove themselves to be badasses when your sister got killed by a stray bullet coming from that same sort of situation, you'd kick the guy's ass before the Crips even saw this douchebag.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see all those people standing around taking videos and photos on their phones doing absolutely nothing to try and help the situation..

You should hear the stories of people getting raped while witnesses just walk by and do nothing about it. It really sickens me how much your average person doesn't care about your average person.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Genovese

Crap I read about that a while ago for my last college course. Most people don't want to have a tie to these things.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

bystanders comment:

my parents are doctors. they are legally advised NOT to help people who need immediate medical aid in the US because of legal / lawsuit issues. If you perform CPR on someone and break a rib, you get sued for saving their life. if you perform the Heimlich, and they get neck problems it's the same deal.

If you're a bystander and you interfere in the situation, you may save the shoplifter's life, but ruin your own. Now who's prepared to be so selfless? can we expect people to be so selfless?

Now what if litigation laws were changed... lives could be saved, be those the lives of shoplifters or of an unfortunate child getting something stuck in their throat, or someone having a heart attack. when the system penalizes helping, morals go out the window, as happened in this case.

bystanders comment:

my parents are doctors. they are legally advised NOT to help people who need immediate medical aid in the US because of legal / lawsuit issues. If you perform CPR on someone and break a rib, you get sued for saving their life. if you perform the Heimlich, and they get neck problems it's the same deal.

There was a story not too long ago about two women who were in a car and crashed or something. The one got out and helped her friend out of the car, but made her neck injury worse in doing so and got successfully sued by her.

In Canada, we have the good Samaritan law

They are intended to reduce bystanders' hesitation to assist, for fear of being sued or prosecuted for unintentional injury or wrongful death. In Canada, a good Samaritan doctrine is a legal principle that prevents a rescuer who has voluntarily helped a victim in distress from being successfully sued for 'wrongdoing'. Its purpose is to keep people from being reluctant to help a stranger in need for fear of legal repercussions if they were to make some mistake in treatment.

yes.png

bystanders comment:

There was a story not too long ago about two women who were in a car and crashed or something. The one got out and helped her friend out of the car, but made her neck injury worse in doing so and got successfully sued by her.

In Canada, we have the good Samaritan law

They are intended to reduce bystanders' hesitation to assist, for fear of being sued or prosecuted for unintentional injury or wrongful death. In Canada, a good Samaritan doctrine is a legal principle that prevents a rescuer who has voluntarily helped a victim in distress from being successfully sued for 'wrongdoing'. Its purpose is to keep people from being reluctant to help a stranger in need for fear of legal repercussions if they were to make some mistake in treatment.

Now that's a law that I could agree with! I thought this law existed in other places too?

Now that's a law that I could agree with! I thought this law existed in other places too?

It does, but if we're talking about USA, things are never uniform because of your whole states thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law#United_States

Oh, and Europe

While U.S. laws focus on shielding from liability those who choose to help in a situation they did not cause, European laws criminalize failure to help in such a situation.[24] Nowadays, in Europe, people who do not help may face prosecution

yes.png

It does, but if we're talking about USA, things are never uniform because of your whole states thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law#United_States

Oh, and Europe

While U.S. laws focus on shielding from liability those who choose to help in a situation they did not cause, European laws criminalize failure to help in such a situation.[24] Nowadays, in Europe, people who do not help may face prosecution

I prefer the Canadian law, why should anyone be penalized for not helping? It should be a voluntary thing

i called the store.. first i asked what their hours were on Wensday and then i asked if they choked and deaf people lately. instead of hanging up the guy said that he had no knowledge of what i was talking about.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Dude, this guy stole exactly jack and sh#@ from the store at this point in time. The fact that the rent-a-cop didn't notice the receipt he was waving around (nor the fact that he wasn't able to speak a single word) while he was beating the life out of this guy should be punctuated by this, although this is far from meaning that this is right even if the guy DID snatch something. Detaining a shoplifter? Sure. Doing what this pig did to a guy? Not so much. Watch the vid.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

and that's why you don't steal in the first place.

and that's why you're a troll if you don't read the topic before making a post.

OT: Sueing here in the US is ridiculous. My opinion is that lawyers should be able to be penalized for taking up ridiculous cases. Like sueing a person for trying to save you.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

My opinion is that lawyers should be able to be penalized for taking up ridiculous cases.

Doesn't sound like that bad of an idea. You're really just wasting valuable court time and everyone's energy. There should be some sort of penalty.

I support.

Theft isn't that big of a deal compared to strangling someone. It's the loss of a possession versus the loss of a human life.

Theft isn't that big of a deal compared to strangling someone. It's the loss of a possession versus the loss of a human life.

alright, let me revise that: don't steal if you don't know how to get out of a headlock.

sometimes i doubt your commitment to sparkle motion...

What I wanna know is why they were even at such a [developmentally delayed]ed store.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Note: There was no actual proof given that they actually shoplifted anything. The guy in the white shirt running around was trying to show them their receipts but was ignored.

Granted, suspicion does warrant action, but definitely not action like this.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Note: There was no actual proof given that they actually shoplifted anything. The guy in the white shirt running around was trying to show them their receipts but was ignored.

solution to not getting choked: don't look suspicious.

So does this mean I can't wear my trenchcoat to the airport anymore?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

So does this mean I can't wear my trenchcoat to the airport anymore?

and no more shirts with arabic on them? aw man!

alright, let me revise that: don't steal if you don't know how to get out of a headlock.

I'm pretty sure getting out of a headlock when you have security guards stopping you is more suspicious than tapping on someones arm. Don't be an idiot.

My comment on the video:

To any of the trolls or just morons: the justice system is based around the believe that you are innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. You don't choke and nearly kill someone because they MAY be a shoplifter, you prove they are one, and then PROPER action can be taken.

Absolutely despicable the way they handled this. You see the guy tapping, he's obviously not resisting, he just wants to breath. That is universal.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

I'm pretty sure getting out of a headlock when you have security guards stopping you is more suspicious than tapping on someones arm. Don't be an idiot.

My comment on the video:

To any of the trolls or just morons: the justice system is based around the believe that you are innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. You don't choke and nearly kill someone because they MAY be a shoplifter, you prove they are one, and then PROPER action can be taken.

Absolutely despicable the way they handled this. You see the guy tapping, he's obviously not resisting, he just wants to breath. That is universal.

who cares? if you are in average shape, you can easily outrun some obese, hollister- patrolling security guard

My comment on the video:

who cares? if you are in average shape, you can easily outrun some obese, hollister- patrolling security guard

If you're innocent, why would you run? Resisting arrest means you're guilty. I'll say it again: don't be an idiot.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

If you're innocent, why would you run? Resisting arrest means you're guilty. I'll say it again: don't be an idiot.

security officer =/= police officer