Staff tackles and chokes deaf man suspected of shoplifting.

sarg1010

If you're innocent, why would you run? Resisting arrest means you're guilty. I'll say it again: don't be an idiot.

security officer =/= police officer

Okay, you're accused of stealing, so you run. The police will be on the side of the security guard.

And I'm pretty sure security guards can arrest people. I'm not sure, though.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're innocent, why would you run? Resisting arrest means you're guilty. I'll say it again: don't be an idiot.

Okay, you're accused of stealing, so you run. The police will be on the side of the security guard.

citizens arrest loool.

sometimes i doubt your commitment to sparkle motion...

I've worked as a (contract) security guard (Canada), and we had the ability to arrest people if they were on the premises. We were advised not to though because there are so many possible ways to screw it up that it's best just to let the police handle it. We weren't even trained on arrests, so it probably was citizens arrest, either way I don't think it's necessary in most cases. As a security guard my job was to detect, deter, observe/report. Not going to chase down someone and risk injury/jail for 12.50 an hour. We also never carried weapons or handcuffs, etc (which I think is good)

yes.png

Honestly, I couldn't watch the whole video. I got to the middle, and knew that it wasn't going to end nicely.

What those two "security gaurds" did was pathetic. Like many have said before me; even if those two men were shoplifting, there was no reason for taking that action. (headlock, choking, ignoring the crowd ("His face is purple!") being a douche, etc.)

I hate that in America you can sue for anything, but in this case it needs to be done.

Thanks for getting the video though, this is an amazing piece of evidence in court.

S2buxtG.png