elucin8er

The best skill in the game

I really enjoyed Slayer when I still played.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

dungeoneering is by far the best and most advanced skill in a gaming perspective

Dungeoneering is pretty much a glorified minigame.

Magic, and combat in general, can be used in other minigames like SC, Clan wars, Castle wars, PVP, etc. And while the actual training of the skill is generally more grindy than dungeoneering, i for one think its much more fun for the skill, not the training of the skill.

5 Minigames > 1 Minigame :shades:

That bullet looks tasty, I'll think I'll bite it. What's wrong with it being a minigame? It's the most glorified and complex piece of content we've seen so far, and being level 67 at the time of typing, I still haven't got bored with it. It's likely that the Occult floors will be released at around the same time as I can open the first one, so the new content doesn't stop. Also having level 67 Slayer at the time of typing, I have got bored with that skill already. It's only interesting some of the time, but when I have to train on a vanilla monster like fire giants in a non-descript cave for hours, I just get bored out of my skull.

EDIT: In short, Dungeoneering is my favourite skill. However, I wish Hunter got a bit more love from Jagex, it's got a lot of untapped potential.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I Have to say Slayer

Its such a rare sight to see these capes compared to fire capes. Combat capes Etc. And just the fun you have getting it. Ok at time it can seem like its taking forever. But those moments fade. And Cmn its a Black and Red Cape :thumbup:

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

dungeoneering is by far the best and most advanced skill in a gaming perspective

Dungeoneering is pretty much a glorified minigame.

Magic, and combat in general, can be used in other minigames like SC, Clan wars, Castle wars, PVP, etc. And while the actual training of the skill is generally more grindy than dungeoneering, i for one think its much more fun for the skill, not the training of the skill.

5 Minigames > 1 Minigame :shades:

That bullet looks tasty, I'll think I'll bite it. What's wrong with it being a minigame? It's the most glorified and complex piece of content we've seen so far, and being level 67 at the time of typing, I still haven't got bored with it. It's likely that the Occult floors will be released at around the same time as I can open the first one, so the new content doesn't stop. Also having level 67 Slayer at the time of typing, I have got bored with that skill already. It's only interesting some of the time, but when I have to train on a vanilla monster like fire giants in a non-descript cave for hours, I just get bored out of my skull.

EDIT: In short, Dungeoneering is my favourite skill. However, I wish Hunter got a bit more love from Jagex, it's got a lot of untapped potential.

I feel that Dungeoneering still lacks that final polish, which we will hopefully get in the new patches. The main problems are that the dungeons always look the same (if you're playing on the same kind of floor that is), and that at lower levels you get basically no rewards.

Anyway, good job Jagex, you've made a really enjoyable skill ;)

Farming or Slayer... I don't have fun Dungeoneering, It bores me. :?

Or any combat skill for MHing...

dzuz3d.jpg

Tort, well put, thankyou very much for the post.

To those still arguing summoning, refer to the initial post and Tort's post. We're regarding RS in the light of a GAME and not discussing the best skill in terms of usefullness, but in terms of fun. This is why you see dung, slayer and magic dominating the lists for obvious reasons. Summoning is useful sure, and helps you train a lot. But in itself, the skill isn't "fun" compared to the posibilities of magic slayer and dung.

Still interested to see what people say about range in regards to pking. You hear of a lot of range tanks so I was waiting for the discussion of range fun with hand cannons dbows etc. Interesting read so far and really liking the arguements for magic.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

To the ones who like Slayer because it's a money-maker: I wonder if Slayer really is a money-maker.

You train Slayer by training Attack, Strength, Defense, Ranged, Magic and/or Constitution. So in what way is Slayer the money-maker? Aren't Attack or Ranged the money-makers? Sure, you can't kill Abyssal Demons without 85 Slayer, but for many, I think whip-drops are just a fraction of what they earn trough their Slayer-training.

You can earn the same money or even more by camping somewhere or killing 300 of one monster and then go on to the next. I think Slayer doesn't earn that much money, you have the ability to kill monsters such as Abyssal Demons and you can kill a bit faster because of items such as Black Mask, but I think the main reason to like Slayer is that it bring more variaty when training your combat level.

Personally, I like Fishing. You don't have to pay attention all the time. I can train it while browsing the forums or while watching a movie. And it earns a little money.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

By that logic, Summoning is also "Fun" because of soul wars and familiarisation.

I Stand by my position in regards to the topic, and title of the thread. "The best skill in the game" is, imo, summoning.

By that logic, Summoning is also "Fun" because of soul wars and familiarisation.

I Stand by my position in regards to the topic, and title of the thread. "The best skill in the game" is, imo, summoning.

Title of the thread also requires user to read the bulk of the first post to see it's premise. There are many best skill threads, mine is in relation to fun.

Didn't think of familiarisation, that is indeed fun :thumbsup:

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

I Have to say Slayer

Its such a rare sight to see these capes compared to fire capes. Combat capes Etc. And just the fun you have getting it. Ok at time it can seem like its taking forever. But those moments fade. And Cmn its a Black and Red Cape :thumbup:

I actually never wear my slayer cape, because everybody seems to be wearing them.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

Dungeoneering. It's simply amazing, the amount of effort that this skill requires and the great times you can get out of it. It's like a second RuneScape underground. :thumbup:

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

I have to say Dungeoneering, followed by Slayer and Construction.

As for the argument the Slayer cape is the best, well, trimmed I'd say yes. But I prefer my Untrimmed Dungeoneering' aesthetics to be brutally honest, it's really rare too - especially within my combat level area (127 atm) as most untrimmed dgers are level 3 skillers/leechers -and in general, I feel I found the time limitation of doing a dungeon to the end very helpful, even if it was annoying.

Wth slayer i find I get 10 minutes into a task then get bored and have to carry on another time.

Construction is probably the skill I'd feel I got most out of getting 99 in, I mean c'mon..maxed (or getting that way) houses - much like Den Usuynlige's <3 - are totally awesome.

So I don't think any skill can be the best, as they all have to work well with each other. But for the fact I got 99 dg without much of a break/stopping that'd be my answer. :grin:

sanasiggy.png

Capes: Dungeoneering, Dungeoneering (t), Defence (t), Attack (t),

Constitution (t), Quest, Soulwars (both), Fire, Tokhaar Kal

Massive thanks to [)en[)en for my signature picture.

I like slayer since I lvled up my combat skills while training it, and got access to some cool equipment and places (kuradal's dungeon, black mask, fero ring) which makes my hits more impressive and let me gain more melee xp per hour. I think the most time I've spent on one skill is slayer for sure.

However, when you think about it, slayer is actually pretty simple and unoriginal. Slayer doesn't really add anything new to the game either. Sure, some monsters have a slayer requirement, but that's just a number. Take slayer away, nothing changes. Staves of light and whips? Have some monster drop them that don't have any requirement but are hard to kill (mithril dragon-like).

In the same light, summoning is actually quite different. It's not some "fletch x crossbows", "fletch y longbows" add-on to fletching. It's a well-intergrated skill that helps you with nearly all other skills.

I love range. there are so many different weapon and armor combinations and its typically easy to defeat foes that mage and melee with the right gear setup. I've become so accustomed to range that on my 10 defense 84 str f2p pure that i've been training for over 4 years, i find it hard to have to run all the way up to a target before i can do damage.

My second favorite skill is fletching, without a doubt. i always loved relaxing and fletching. 99 just kind of came naturally to me there was no real push to 99. now i'm at about 17.2mil fletching exp just from broad bolts. Broad bolts are great money but they also cause slayer to be very click intensive when i chose to fletch them.

Honorable mention goes to magic. I'm only level 86 and i have gotten literally every level since 55 from pest control, alching, or quests. I haven't used it in combat since my early staking days, and i've never owned any great magic gear so basically i have yet to take full advantage of the skill. Still, i'm anxiously anticipating the day when i splurge for a SoL and great mage gear, it seems like mages have a blast, or, a barrage. (horrible pun intended)

Farming also gets honorable mention.. i spent my first 10k dung points on the scroll of life. Its always fun to see how my crops are growing and such. i kinda feel like it might be time for a farming update though.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Strength, because I'm old school pker.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

For me farming, as it is the only skill that I still find remotely entertaining in game.

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

Well, I'd have to say....magic is one of my favorite skills, and the variety of what you do with it is quite nice. Construction is fun too - I always have fun training construction and leveling my house - the cruddy part is watching my money slowly disappear (or not so slowly.) And summoning is a great skill, just because it's useful in a lot of the game.

But I feel Dungeoneering has to be the best - requires some actual skill, requires all the different RS skills, gives a lot of the more pointless skills a use (how useful was smithing pre-dunge? Not at all. At least not in recent years,) Also, for those who call it a mini-game - it's a mini-game in the truest sense of that expression imo. It is literally like a miniature game of it's own inside runescape; it's practically runescape juice. Take runescape, beat it to a pulp, take what you want, make sklls useful, make bosses special....yeah.

As for the most fun, mine is definitely construction - but I don't have the money for it :P

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Magic! I love freezing and reducing the attack speed of my enemy. Oh and healing myself from blood spells. Magic is the only combat skill that takes experience to be good at which is what makes it so much fun in my opinion :thumbup: It has awesome DPH, a balanced max hit and comes with great accuracy and you own meleers (which is 75% of the community) without any trouble if you know what you're doing. It was my first 99 skill because I enjoyed levelling it so much.

I'd like to add a vote for construction. I really enjoy designing my own dungeon, then inviting random people on w31 for a party!

I just wish you could somehow own more than one POH, so I wouldn't have to tear down my current one for a different design :razz:

Staurolite.png

if you don't enjoy dung, don't do it. jagex intend it to be one of the major "fun" things in the game that is how the skill must be judged: not as ways to and end, but as an end.

You say you train dungeoneering while having fun.

Is there any reason i cant train combat while having fun? I have fun in soul wars, i can train combat via soul wars. Thats "fun" to me.

I can train combat with stealing creation, thats "fun" to me.

And if i dont like either of those, i can train it how i want, be it through PC, slayer, FOG, etc.

By comparison dungeoneering only has one way to train it, and thats with a minigame that personally, i don't even like.

Its like making it so you can only train magic by playing FOG, SW, or another minigame, and then pulling the fun card out of your ass and hailing it as the best skill since dungeoneering because your forced to train it with a "fun" minigame!!! And while sure, FOG is quite a fun game, everyone would know the skill was so much better when you could train how you wanted to train.

Theres nothing wrong with a minigame. But thats all dungeoneering is... A minigame.

If i don't like that minigame, too bad, its the only way to train the skill.

By comparison, i can train most combat skills however i feel like it. I could AFK train if i was lazy, i could slay, i could PC, i could PK, i could SW. I could even dungeoneer for combat XP (Slow XP, but still).

How is forcing you into one minigame to train a skill, any more preferable than giving you a skill that you can train with minigames, monsters, other skills, afk train, whatever you want. I know i would prefer the skill with a little choice.

O.O

After reading some of the replies in this thread, I have to say that I agree with most of you -- dungeoneering, slayer, magic, and summoning are the best skills. They're very intricate, complex, and encompass a variety of other skills.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Cooking, you can afk.

by that logic the best skill in the game is either attack strength defense range magic hitpoints prayer herblore crafting fletching mining smithing fishing cooking woodcutting or farming...

Either farming, slayer, or dungeoneering IMO, there less of a grind then other skills.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png