How would you like Runescape to end?

Danqazmlp

More likely, instead of creating a big bang ending to gain respect and dignity, they will make concessions that players are begged for over the years (nonsense like no trade limit, legally buying RS gold, etc.) to suck out every last penny they can get out of the game before saying "it's over".

More likely, instead of creating a big bang ending to gain respect and dignity, they will make concessions that players are begged for over the years (nonsense like no trade limit, legally buying RS gold, etc.) to suck out every last penny they can get out of the game before saying "it's over".

That could be true. wait, what did I say? It IS true.

I'd love them to leave someone the opportunity to buy the hole game including accounts, so that we'd continue playing on another company's server. Perhaps a non-updated game.

WarBlastoise.png

Brassica Prime should raise his loyal army of super cabbages, that start from draynor, spreading out in all directions, quickly taking over every human settlement in every corner of gleinor.

This will last for a day, by which point anyone logging in will see their character instantly swarmed by a thousand angry cabbages, that are sick and tired of being kicked over to oog'log. This will also set the stage for a RS3, where Jagex finally introduce a new playable race, the cabbage! Unfortunately that will be the only available race as humans are dead.

This is hoping Jagex will still exist:

Slow decline, keeping a few more servers, make the entire game f2p (or still p2p to get some extra money for the servers), no more upgrading and make the code of the game public.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

I like some of the ideas posted on here a lot. My favourite one is the one posted by GuardKnox, about RS2 getting a follow-up with the release of the eastern lands; RS3 would be born. This game would be a completely new one, with new skills, quests, dungeons, people, places, challenges and everything. That would be simply awesome.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I just want them to tie up all existing storylines, deadends, looseends another RFD quest and a huge 10-20hr (without any sort of repetitivity!) grandermaster quest at the end. They can also raise the level caps to make all those people that enjoy repetitive grinding happy.

... Yeah, I honestly just play this game for quests now...

2dgucz6.png

I don't see runescape ever ending. jagex seems to have a great business strategy and now that they have funorb and possibly mechscape (whatever its called now) i could only see a new game by jagex slowly taking over.

if this did happen, i'm guessing they would offer a forced membership option for all f2p to upgrade, if they did not upgrade their accounts would be erased. after this point they wouldn't allow new accounts into the game and would delete inactive accounts after 6 months, or 8 months with a 1500+ total level. then they would slowly shut servers down, and after a year or two they would allow all "loyal" paying players to play the game for free, supported by ads. at this time they would stop updates. thats all i got

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Jagex will give me a banhammer (wieldable, and it's 2h) so I can permaban all the idiots and trolls. And crashers too, they get annoying. Then they'll finish up the quest storylines and release free epic armor for me and the 43 remaining mature players to use.

Realistically, though, I suspect a slow decline in the game as a whole to be the end of Runescape. It's probably already happening.

wl7w9j.png

I'd like it to end with a new slayer master in some epic bone-like spikey outfit with a fury t, slayer cape, rams skull etc. He would come along and slay all the rs gods ';....;' and then he will say 'let all skills be fulfilled' and then all skills would have things to do up to level 99 (and 120 for dung...) :D and that be the end of rs :D

2vuhgcn.png

And maybe the world will end before RuneScape does....

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Stupid updates. There are less players now than a few years ago. Their updates kill the game.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Stupid updates. There are less players now than a few years ago. Their updates kill the game.

Wrong, Jagex's subscriber number has been growing on a year by year basis and continues to grow.

Get over yourself.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Maybe make it open-source and give the gamecode/runescript tools avalible for download?

I still wish they would have gone ahead with those privately run Runescape classic servers.

I mean seriously, you need what, three people interested in renting servers to make it worth it? How many classic servers did they think they would need to make it worth it?

I would have done it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

There are less total active players, perhaps, but that doesn't mean there are less subscribers.

I reckon they'll just delete Lumbridge.

Clean wipe it off the map.

That'll take out the noobs.

Then they'll delete the corp beast lair, as well as GWD and Waterbirth Island and Kuradal's dungeon.

Again, clean wipe it off the map.

That'll take out the combat pros.

Then they'll make any action that gives experience cause you to spontaneously combust, which would kill you instantly, wipe your stats and bank, and display a "Mod MMG just owned your ass" sign on your screen permanently.

That'll take out most of the rest.

And all that will be left are all of the people who camp the GE, and brag about their achievements, as well as the trolls who are too busy trolling on the forums to actually earn any exp.

To be honest, I think that's a fate that is worth than death :ohnoes:

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Well, I can't imagine it ending any time soon. But I can't imagine it 200 years in the future. I can't imagine Java as a used programming language 200 years in the future.

RuneScape will eventually decline, to the point that Jagex can't afford to host it anymore. But, I don't know how it will end. If it does end, Jagex will still continue making other games though (Stellar Dawn, FunOrb, etc.).

It's a sad thought though.

bytebitebyte.png