Minecraft General

demby123

1282085603949.jpg

Minecraft is a sandbox construction game created by Markus Persson and is currently in pre release alpha. Minecraft development started around the 10th of May 2009, pre-orders for the full game started being accepted on the 13th of June.

The game involves players creating and destroying various types of blocks in a three dimensional environment. The player takes an avatar that can destroy or create blocks, forming fantastic structures, creations and artwork across the various multiplayer servers in multiple game modes. *

Play Minecraft here

[spoiler=my progress]I've made a nice shack so far, but I'm thinking about expanding it by adding a snipers perch to defend it from creepers and the like.

minecraftsurvivalshack.png

Anybody know the best place to find spiders?

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

The dude behind Minecraft is awesome. He apparently only spent one day getting the multiplayer coding done, and it works rather well from what I've heard.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I love this game so much.

Made this in a server that live streams Minecraft:

24cedtv.png

If you get the reference, props to you.

I also have a Bill skin from Left 4 Dead.

Will probably post some pictures on my current save soon.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Yeah, Notch codes at an absurd pace, like Toady with DF.

Speaking of Toady, the main reason I like minecraft because it has a kind of dorfy feel to it. Unfortunately, SMP will not run on my computer for reasons unknown, so I'll have to wait till I get my new one in a little while for that.

Still, regular infdev is fun to play for the time being, as well as creative. I'm Builder+ on a server I go on because I built a ton of pokemon models when I was bored one night.

Not sure if any are left, but I have pictures of one or two.

[hide]kyogrec.jpg[/hide]

2Xeo5.png

I played this a bit, didn't buy it or anything like that. It was fun for a bit online... but then it just got boring <_< Never much to do. When did they add weapons?

I've also seen a video about it where someone made Earth... Who has time to do that >.<

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

minecraftmanor.png

My building at the moment at night, I have a few more toward the right and behind me but I'll add later.

EDIT: Actually I'll add a picture of my lighthouse, let me start it up and capture it.

EDIT2: Here is my lighthouse.

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/7324/minecraftlighthouse.pngminecraftlighthouse.png

It goes up into the clouds. and I filled it with lava. Managed to take it at the crack of dawn too.

vizardsig-1.png

looks like legos :unsure:

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

looks like legos :unsure:

It's suppose to be like that as it's theme, its nice, simple, and blocky. Its very fun and addicting, after a short time you don't even notice it anymore.

vizardsig-1.png

Pretty awesome. I used to play on the WoW's OT forum server, but I lost the URL after a couple months and didn't both finding it again. : (

I usually manage to get myself killed by spiders in Survival mode, because I have no idea what to do. D: I think one time I made it to nightfall. And that was [bleep]ing terrifying. There were what I guessed was zombies everywhere. I tried hiding in a cave. That did not end well.

/shudder

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Pretty awesome. I used to play on the WoW's OT forum server, but I lost the URL after a couple months and didn't both finding it again. : (

I usually manage to get myself killed by spiders in Survival mode, because I have no idea what to do. D: I think one time I made it to nightfall. And that was [bleep]ing terrifying. There were what I guessed was zombies everywhere. I tried hiding in a cave. That did not end well.

/shudder

Caves are the WORST place to hide lol...

I finally killed a mob spawner I found in some local mountains. I just said the hell with it after dying 3 times, and threw some TNT in there.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Well you can make a mob trap room in your base, or underneath it for spiders.

Im going to start a new map now, Anyone want to talk to me while I do it? :o

Oh! Roflzilla, I herd you laik Hysting? ;]

~ If the rain doesn't kill me ~

~ The resulting flood will ~

I heard you couldn't take mob spawners. I found another on an island and managed to destroy the spawner with my pickaxe, but it gave nothing. :unsure:

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I heard you couldn't take mob spawners. I found another on an island and managed to destroy the spawner with my pickaxe, but it gave nothing. :unsure:

Try a mod if you want, you could use INVedit and put one in your inventory. I believe what he meant also could be leaving it dark, as enemy mobs spawn nearby in the dark.

vizardsig-1.png

<snip>

That is what happens when you have skill and a hell lot of free time.

Another side-effect of skill and free-time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZG_huoo7CM&feature=related

2qx9313.jpg

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

<snip>

That is what happens when you have skill and a hell lot of free time.

Another side-effect of skill and free-time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZG_huoo7CM&feature=related

2qx9313.jpg

@ Kanto Region

Fatboy_reacts.gif

___

Also for your entertainments, here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsRg5N544f0

If anyone here has Alpha, Knotch added a new horde... Be afraid, they are hell when they are after you. It's scary, the skeleton catches on fire in the day with the spider chasing you, like a little burning demon hunting down your soul.

LV3B3.jpg

Be afraid... Very... Very afraid...

vizardsig-1.png

"They're...Getting smarter..."

floodtheworld.jpg

This took about fifteen minutes of work, after I had the materials. It's a 64x64x64 cube of water smack in the middle of the map, and might take as much as a day to remove without hacking it out of the map data (depends on how you feel about placing 4096 blocks by hand while trying to stay afloat in downward current).

What you need to bring about your own Noahic deluge: Two buckets of water, and lots of dirt. These are materials that could be gathered inside of ten minutes, assuming there's any iron to be found at all on the map.

How to do it:

• Pillar up to the very top of the map with your dirt. Once there, dig back down one level so that you have room to place all the water.
  • Carefully start building diagonally out from the edge of the pillar, alternating from the north to the east or whichever, until you've built four blocks out or so.
  • Place the first water block on top of the pillar. Place the second water block on the block diagonally adjacent to the pillar.
  • Dig away all the dirt that's under water to let it all fall down.
  • Grab a bucketfull of water from the nearest spring (it will automatically regenerate)
  • Build out a little bit more diagonally so that you have room to back up
  • Place a water block diagonally adjacent to the mass of water you're growning (it will run down the sides)
  • Repeat steps 4-7 until somebody notices and bans you/tries to kill you.

From Minecraft Forums, I tried it and filled up a bit area on my Survival World

______

Also, here is my texture pack.

brownbloomcraft_preview.jpg

vizardsig-1.png