Minecraft General

demby123

Trying to get into minecraft a bit again. This time using the Voltz pack, since universal electricity sounds like a good idea. I need to find a way to automate mining though, I already did my 10x12 down to bedrock, and my hands hurt enough from that, I'm not doing that every time I need another 15 iron (seriously, it's not easy to find which is bad because I need a tonne of it). Buildcraft isn't in this one, so I am hoping another mod might be able to help, and if not, spawning things in is going to happen. I'd rather cheat than not be able to type.

Still, I am enjoying the getting back into the game, and this time I wasn't so frustrated by the whole mining thing, though I ended up resetting the sun a couple times while moving out of the frozen biome I tried to set up in (can't mine in it, just ice that turns to water). I'm nicely setup with a little tree grove I set up in front of my house, and my roof is a 6x7 wheat farm (less the 2x3 water in the middle), so food is not an issue. I am set up against a mountain, and going back through that I end up in a frozen river biome. If I leave by the front of my house and cross the desert, I end up in a great forest biome and a village that got the really short end of the spawning stick (I had to dig into most of the buildings, and one had it's door 5m above the ground just to change things up).

The results of my mining were not encouraging, only something like 15 or 20 iron found. Just miserable. A stack of copper and tin though, which I also need way more of. Still, the whole survival thing is pretty much taken care of. I am happy to see that you can carry uranium around in this mod pack again, though I did get some radiation while mining it, possibly because there was too much ore around or something. I'll probably need a lot more of that too, I found 12 of them. Still, it's good to be back in minecraft.

Haven't played in months. I might give it a go again and just mess around. I just really can't find the time to play video games at school, especially not one like minecraft. Which is a shame.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Wanted to take a moment to say a VERY belated congrats to you 999 for getting featured by PopularMMOs for his Scaperune mod. Regardless of my disagreements, that's still a big accomplishment and I know you put a lot of work into it. Grats :)

hzvjpwS.gif

Just in case someone still watches this, i'm copying my post from ftb forums:

Hello!

I've made a FTB Unleashed 1.1.6 server for me and my friends to play on but we've encountered a problem - my friend is unable to connect to the server.

- He has the correct modpack version and correct mods disabled
- I have forwarded the port(25565) to my ipv4 address(checked on 3 different sites, they all say it's open)
- my IP is static(set through ipv4 properties)
- I've given him the external IP
- he has original minecraft so online mode is not an issue
- I've allowed the port and java[Caution: Executable File] in the firewall, both outbound and inbound (can't allow ftbserver because it's .jar)
- the "server_ip" in server.properties is empty - has no ip written there

I can connect to the server and play normally.

Also, when i open the serverstart.bat, it doesn't open the usual "minecraft server" window you get if you run ftbserver.jar. Only the cmd.

PS: i've checked a lot of different topics and tried many different things, nothing seemed to work.

Hope you can help me with this.

Many thanks in advance!
gago

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

So I just looked through the wiki after not having played Minecraft in a while... And found that they added Stained glass. Excuse me while I get addicted again.

Stained glass is what I both love and hate about Mojang. On the one hand, it's cool that they added it. On the other, I really can't comprehend how it wasn't added earlier. In fact, I think it WAS, as an April Fool's "joke", and removed.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

So I just looked through the wiki after not having played Minecraft in a while... And found that they added Stained glass. Excuse me while I get addicted again.

Stained glass is what I both love and hate about Mojang. On the one hand, it's cool that they added it. On the other, I really can't comprehend how it wasn't added earlier. In fact, I think it WAS, as an April Fool's "joke", and removed.

They had a lot of problems getting it to work right and stuff of that nature. Opacity problems and junk. Likely the recent code-tidying allowed it to be a possibility.

I highly recommend anyone who hasn't played in a while, or hasn't played due to how poorly it ran, to try it once more. Not only did they add a ton of features in the latest updates, but the game runs muuuuuch more smoothly. I regularly get 60+ fps on my old machine that used to get 5-15fps during 1.5 and below.

hzvjpwS.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to take a moment to say a VERY belated congrats to you 999 for getting featured by PopularMMOs for his Scaperune mod. Regardless of my disagreements, that's still a big accomplishment and I know you put a lot of work into it. Grats :)

Apologies for late reply but I am not very active on tipit and don't play runescape at all anymore.

I have had a few pretty big mod reviews! It kind of blew up and snowballed at some point, most confusingly it seems to be extremely popular in spanish speaking countries so I don't understand some of the biggest reviews :(.

Although it has died a bit as I have had to stop updating since I started university I ran a server as well for the mod that had 20+ players pretty consistently for the time I was still working on it. 

Never wanted to look like I was spamming tipit as there is tiny amounts of relative exposure here, more wanted to share with people here. 

Sadly the mod looks like it won't be updated to 1.7 for a very long time, the framework for working with mods is not even ready to start it and it is normally ready 24 hours after, telling you how big a change to the code it was. It will require rewriting almost all the code for the like 300-400 features in the mod >.>.

J5ShN2B.png

A fully working barrows (with mobs/armor/sets/set effects) was all added ingame a bit after that mod review.

• Like 2

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

Started a new server, a friend is hosting it and it's now fully functioning with portals to Plotworld, PVP, and Survival. Just now looking for members, we're hoping to stream to twitch.tv as well. 

1-2405654-350x20-51883C-31531E-372619-FF

Low_C.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any of you guys play on PlayMindcrack? It's a pretty cool server for those of you who don't know, it's got Dwarves Vs. Zombies, King of the Golden Monocle and a bunch of other stuff. If any of you know Mindcrack you've probably heard of it. It's pretty fun and I'd recommend it to anyone bored of just kind of doing the normal Minecraft thing all the time.

Server is us.playmindcrack.com and the site is just playmindcrack.com

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Speaking of normal Minecraft, I am genuinely in love with the new dark oak trees. They grow like they're on steds, produce 30+ logs per four saplings, and the planks look dense and "sturdy" so it's easy to use them aesthetically in construction projects.

Currently in process of designing a tree farm consisting of several glass towers and minecart systems / water canals which deliver the wood to a central point for ease of access. Taking screenshots so I might keep a mini journal here, but it's in vanilla so it might take some time.

• 3 weeks later...

was browsing reddit when I saw this, this is the best looking runescape (both overworld and mod) in minecraft

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/1xdx1a/truly_bring_runescape_into_minecraft_full_force/

also the map shown at the end rotated the right way 

http://i.imgur.com/ThqVcW4.jpg?1?8985

Ranqecaravan.png

was browsing reddit when I saw this, this is the best looking runescape (both overworld and mod) in minecraft

http://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/1xdx1a/truly_bring_runescape_into_minecraft_full_force/

also the map shown at the end rotated the right way 

http://i.imgur.com/ThqVcW4.jpg?1?8985

haha that is my post, yeah it got quite a bit of attention :)

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I'm curious, how did you do all the landscaping and whatnot in it? Like, how did you set up the world so the biomes were in the exact place you wanted, and the ground was shaped in a certain way, and the River Lum ran exactly where it does in relation to everything else?

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I'm curious, how did you do all the landscaping and whatnot in it? Like, how did you set up the world so the biomes were in the exact place you wanted, and the ground was shaped in a certain way, and the River Lum ran exactly where it does in relation to everything else?

I did very little of the map building, that was done firstly by Podcrash, then my servers staff.

But all the landscaping was done by hand (with tools like mcedit though of course) so there are not really any biomes, every river, tree building etc was put there on purpose.

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

MFW I've only just discovered enchanting books on lower levels is about ten times easier than waiting for level 30, in the absence of a good XP farm. Pretty much wasted three diamond picks on crappy enchantments. I always assumed waiting for level 30 and wishing on luck was the most effective strategy. I didn't even know you could combine same-leveled books for the next rank.

That'll teach me to think first.

• 3 months later...

Anyone else have Industrial Craft? I've been trying to get back into this with the mod, but I have the experimental and multiple wikis have a ton of wrong information.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

• 3 weeks later...

Neck-deep in probably the largest project I've attempted. I'm trying to re-create Building 93 of the abandoned King's Park Psychiatric, which I was recently able to visit.

EYWpDPQ.png

tgSlOjs.jpg

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png