Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Minecraft General

• Please log in to reply
3074 replies to this topic

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
You definitely can't just punch mobs to death now. Hunger falls too quickly, which is a good thing. It's definitely catered towards players who've got well-established worlds with food farms up and running, so it rewards players in that sense. If only potions were stackable, though... I can imagine on a multiplayer server, the demand for food just went up a whole notch. There'll be people who complain this is meant to be a sandbox-type game, so why the difficulty gradient, but there's still Peaceful difficulty or Creative Mode.

Spelunking on a brand new world with a stone sword, some torches, a stack of logs and a few bits of raw chicken wasn't much fun when I had zombies coming from just about everywhere, though. Cows aren't nearly common enough, or drop leather enough to make leather armour that early in the game, and even if they did you'd be saving it for the enchanting room anyway. Iron, of course, is why I would be spelunking in the first place; the egg has to come before the chicken. I can see how the Zombie change is useful for exploring paths you might have missed, though, and generally makes the game a lot more challenging... they just need to correct the Zombies-not-actually-breaking-doors glitch.

Not actually encountered a spider with attributes yet, so can't comment on that.

The low FPS problem seem to be caused by the new launcher apparently not wanting to choose integrated graphics cards (mine's HD 4000, which I know is a very ordinary GPU) when loading the game, so if you've got a separate graphics card you shouldn't have a problem. I don't know why Advanced OpenGL works, or even what it is, or why that affects servers, but I've gone from 8 FPS to 50 FPS now. Computer science ain't my thing and that really showed when I worked on the Crew, so... I ain't got a clue. :P

It's strange that this is the 'Horse Update' and not one of us has even mentioned it yet.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei
Eh, personally, the only thing I really care about are mules (or whatever the ones that have chests on them) and even that's limited because leading them through caves and mineshafts is like a trial for Sainthood. I care more about wool carpets than I do horses, which is...kinda bad haha.

I too want stackable potions. It'd be nice if they could only be stacked even in reduced quantities, say 2-8. They have a similar problem like bows do though in that the knockback on them is ridiculous. It'd be completely unbalancing if you could just lob stacks of 64 harming potions at your opponent. Or they could just make regular potions stackable except for splash potions. I dunno. I haven't really considered it.

hzvjpwS.gif

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN '07:Shruiken
Dinnerbone was also thinking about changing stone tools to be made from smooth stone only, not cobble. They are really beefing up the early game.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
That's nearly crippling. Why would they do that? :wall:

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts

Well it would force you to use charcoal early on rather than hunting for coal. Charcoal was meant to be the "step in between" for new players to established players, if I recall correctly.

I realize I'm probably on my own here in saying I welcome any sensible increase in difficulty. So long as it's not things like "hey guys let's make skeletons rapid-firing, walking machine guns to make the game more difficult hurr" I'm probably going to be okay with it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts
Maybe it's just me then, but whenever I play hardcore I tend to have enough problems getting established without having to use what little charcoal I have on stone as well as food and torches... And that's assuming I don't have to dig out my own shelter on top of everything else.

I know it's supposed to be difficult, but it's very easy to just not have enough time to do everything in the first day without adding another layer to it.

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
lolz

I count fifteen there, and another two or three popped up before sunrise. Another house in the Village was also under attack at the same time.

UPDATE: I forgot to mention; this isn't a zombie siege. The village has too few houses and even fewer villagers. This is happening every night as a result of natural spawning.

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Well it would force you to use charcoal early on rather than hunting for coal. Charcoal was meant to be the "step in between" for new players to established players, if I recall correctly.

I realize I'm probably on my own here in saying I welcome any sensible increase in difficulty. So long as it's not things like "hey guys let's make skeletons rapid-firing, walking machine guns to make the game more difficult hurr" I'm probably going to be okay with it.

that change would result in more tangible difficulty increase than the smooth stone thing would, tho. it would just make the early game into even more of an uninteresting slurry of busywork

e- also the zombie change is [bleep]ing obnoxious, goddamn
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

Sprint
[ Display Name History ]

Sprint

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 234 posts
Really first they buffed creepers, then they buffed skeletons, and then they buffed zombies. They're slowly making the game harder. I just wish instead of making it harder to start, they made the end game harder. Once you have full diamond armor, enchanted or not, nothing really poses a threat to you anymore.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RSN '07:Shruiken

Really first they buffed creepers, then they buffed skeletons, and then they buffed zombies. They're slowly making the game harder. I just wish instead of making it harder to start, they made the end game harder. Once you have full diamond armor, enchanted or not, nothing really poses a threat to you anymore.

Don't forget that spiders can now have random potion effects, like invisibility.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films
Harder Minecraft? Sounds like I should re-install.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly
Even though I can't say I am super into this game anymore, if the zombie hordes are finally here, I might have a reason to build that tiered fortress I've been thinking about. Won't need to build a zombie farm.

If you wanted a harder end game and don't mind a mod, the Twilight Forest has some bosses that are a fair bit stronger than anything in vanilla, and the world itself is in general substantially more hostile. I don't think it comes with any uber armour or anything, but still has some stuff that would make it worth exploring to an otherwise vanilla game if I recall correctly (I think it's the mod with the divining rod for mining).

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts
Smooth stone req is still easy. 1 charcoal is all you'd need to make stone tools.

My personal favorite is no wooden tool starts, so you have to have creepers blow up all the cobble you need

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
Luol, whenever I come back home, the cat goes crazy for a few seconds, then jumps on the chest and sits there, so I can't open it D:

Posted Image

(I got the best color cat, don't you agree?)

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
Agreed. And I hate cat AI. Yeah I get why he made it like that (FOR TE LOLZ TANKS NOTCH D:!@#!@#@!) but really, it's annoying.

In fact, anything that has to follow you in that game and not be a liability is a god damn joke. It's actually why I hated the "theme" of 1.6 (horses). We didn't need another stupid follower while foundation for those things was just plain broken.

hzvjpwS.gif

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
I don't mind cat AI, I think it's just funny. I can just push it off the chest or put stairs or something above the chest, but meh.
I like horses because they allow me to move around much faster early on (at first I thought they were a rare spawn, so I took all the ones I could find and gathered them at the same place, then I wandered a bit further and realized they're actually really common.)

Dizzle229
[ Display Name History ]

Dizzle229

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • RSN:dizzle229
Pingouin, that's a really nice texture pack. Does it use an HD mod?
Posted Image

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
Anything over 16bit needs some sort of patcher iirc, unless that changed with the conversion of resource packs. Optifine usually works just fine in that case.

hzvjpwS.gif

Ammako
[ Display Name History ]

Ammako

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,541 posts
That's Misa's Realistic Texture Pack, unsure if you still need to use MCPatcher for it to work properly, but it doesn't seem to hurt.

Sprint
[ Display Name History ]

Sprint

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 234 posts

That's Misa's Realistic Texture Pack, unsure if you still need to use MCPatcher for it to work properly, but it doesn't seem to hurt.

You need MCPatcher or optifine for any HD texture pack (32x or above) or the textures wont display properly. I recommend optifine because it's an FPS booster too and gives you the zoom, which is nice to have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users