Minecraft General

demby123

minecraftm.png

Take a wild freakin' guess what happens when you pull the lever.

I see a door, but what appears to be water in the cracks in the ceiling. I'm guessing drops the Gravel flooding the place?

vizardsig-1.png

I see a door, but what appears to be water in the cracks in the ceiling. I'm guessing drops the Gravel flooding the place?

No, that would be stupid considering how horribly water works in Alpha atm. Would be one thing if it still worked anything like it did in Classic.

I'll give you a hint: it brought my CPU to its knees. Oh yeah, and for good measure the whole circuit is attached to an RS NOR latch, so once you flip the switch the front door seals shut permanently. Redstone torch won't save you :wink:

No, that would be stupid considering how horribly water works in Alpha atm. Would be one thing if it still worked anything like it did in Classic.

I'll give you a hint: it brought my CPU to its knees. Oh yeah, and for good measure the whole circuit is attached to an RS NOR latch, so once you flip the switch the front door seals shut permanently. Redstone torch won't save you :wink:

Is TNT involved?

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

This game looks interesting, if I have a chance, I'll register to play Multiplayer.

mOar pICs PL0x :thumbup:

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Caved in and bought it, and it is glorious. The night sequences [bleep]ing terrify me though - so yeah, screw playing this game with headphones on.

Also the piano music is amazing.

2009rb9.jpg

Should we create a TIFCraft server? It would be a nice little thing, and I bet if we work together we can make some crazy stuff.

Sure, but I'm not sure how to actually create a server.

Edit: l0l

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkDVizo9mrY

That is an epic cannon. I also enjoy his trap videos, amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlcGOKWLur0

vizardsig-1.png

swamp2.jpg

You can download the map Here. Feel free to go nuts with fire. If you don't know how to download maps for survival there is a few guides on how to do it.

[hide= It is very fun to burn...]

fireus.jpg

[/hide]

vizardsig-1.png

[hide]

swamp2.jpg[/hide]

You can download the map Here. Feel free to go nuts with fire. If you don't know how to download maps for survival there is a few guides on how to do it.

fireus.jpg

[/hide]

Holy crap, how did you get that tree so big?

I want a treehouse as well.

Also, I'd totally be game for a TIF server. I'm not much of an architect, but I'm good at gathering resources!

2009rb9.jpg

[hide]

swamp2.jpg[/hide]

fireus.jpg

[/hide]

Holy crap, how did you get that tree so big?

I want a treehouse as well.

Also, I'd totally be game for a TIF server. I'm not much of an architect, but I'm good at gathering resources!

I didn't build it, I should have clarified that, I copied what some guy posted on the Minecraft Forums to share with you guys. If you want to make it grow that big simply plant trees on another tree, and extend outwards. then Just mess around and make a tree house.

Also- http://www.minecraft.net/stats.jsp

In the last 24 hours, 12708 people registered, and 2687 people bought the game.

Almost 30k Euro a day.

vizardsig-1.png

And the best part is that the dude(s) behind the game are getting it all to themsel(ves).

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

And the best part is that the dude(s) behind the game are getting it all to themsel(ves).

It's one guy (who's from my city icon_cool.gif).

And he's currently in the U.S. having a chat with some company called Valve.

2009rb9.jpg

With Gabe's persuaive powers, I could see Minecraft on steam.

And then I'll say, I KNEW ABOUT MINECRAFT BEFORE IT WAS COOL

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

With Gabe's persuaive powers, I could see Minecraft on steam.

And then I'll say, I KNEW ABOUT MINECRAFT BEFORE IT WAS COOL

I also heard rumors that Notch might be hiring some people also to work on the game. That would speed up development greatly.

I can hardly wait for him to add Biomes too. Imagine spawning in a nice friendly lush forest; with mountains on all sides... There is a problem through, beyond the mountains is what appears to be deserts and lava traps surrounding your little haven for as far as you can see, filled with many dangerous mobs.

vizardsig-1.png

If there's one thing that makes this game interesting, it's the underground systems.

I've spent the past five hours mapping out a massive cave system. I've used no less than 200 torches so far, and I've hit diamonds. I ended up breaking through a hole in the ground... Just to find something I didn't expect. It's true hell down here. There are dragon-like demons down here. I've even postponed the tunnel on my fort I was digging because of this This place is rich in materials like iron, gold, even flint...

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

If there's one thing that makes this game interesting, it's the underground systems.

I've spent the past five hours mapping out a massive cave system. I've used no less than 200 torches so far, and I've hit diamonds. I ended up breaking through a hole in the ground... Just to find something I didn't expect. It's true hell down here. There are dragon-like demons down here. I've even postponed the tunnel on my fort I was digging because of this This place is rich in materials like iron, gold, even flint...

Nice Megaman, Pixel art is too hard for me through. I always mess up. I've encountered a huge cave system a few times; I remember finding one on a map, decided to stop exploring it for now. About 2.5mb distance away (which is pretty big) I found another huge system, while exploring I discovered torches ahead Confused as I was in Single Player, I noticed that the cave system stretched extremely far across my map.

vizardsig-1.png

Wait, dragon like enemies? I thought there were only skeletons, spiders, zombies, and slimes right now. Maybe one of the secret updates?

Anyway I don't have a whole lot of time to play this game so when I do I mostly hax. Currently building a BCD to 7 segment LED display circuit, using INVedit and MCedit to help (really, really CBA to clear a huge space for the circuit manually). I'll post when I'm done, should be epic :thumbup: Maybe next I'll build a calculator, though that sounds really damned scary. The above mentioned circuit is massive and complicated enough. And if anyone ever does build a calculator, it will probably be really slow because of all the repeater delays... crossing my fingers that Notch will eventually release a wire variant (maybe redstone in a glass tube) that travels farther. And ofc wires that go up walls <_<

Just bought the Alpha version, and I have no idea what to do.

I... kinda walked around for a couple of days, found out about the Inventory/Crafting menu, made myself some stone tools, mined a tonne of stone/coal.

And then at night I'm wandering around in the dark looking for a place to start building a house or something...

And then moaning starts. Fffffffuuu.

Since I've only ever played the creative one before, I freaked out and started just randomly sticking torches to trees and the ground, trying to light up the area. Moaning stops. Phew. I regather all my torches, and then the moaning starts again and I get 3-shot.

I hate nighttime.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men