Minecraft General

demby123

Just bought the Alpha version, and I have no idea what to do.

I... kinda walked around for a couple of days, found out about the Inventory/Crafting menu, made myself some stone tools, mined a tonne of stone/coal.

And then at night I'm wandering around in the dark looking for a place to start building a house or something...

And then moaning starts. Fffffffuuu.

Since I've only ever played the creative one before, I freaked out and started just randomly sticking torches to trees and the ground, trying to light up the area. Moaning stops. Phew. I regather all my torches, and then the moaning starts again and I get 3-shot.

I hate nighttime.

This guy's commentary videos are really helpful in the beginning, and convinced me (as well as thousands of others) to buy the game:

Just running around aimlessly in the beginning will probably turn you off the game rather quickly (it would me, anyway!).

Also check out Minepedia's Crafting article. Shows you how to craft everything in the game.

2009rb9.jpg

I got it, heres the pack if anyone is interested.

HVzjk.png

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Zombie reskin.

But it still creeps me out..

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

[hide=In case nobody's seen this]minecraftghost.jpg

[/hide]

Probably just Photoshop'd etc. but kinda creepy nonetheless!

Haha, that's pretty awesome.

Was doing pretty good on my guy. Found myself a nice little place to start a cave (trees, natural cave systems, etc) and started digging a staircase-kinda cave, expanding it out every 20ish or so steps. Eventually I hit a piece of rock which I couldn't break, which was weird, because they always just covered the entire ground with no breaks in Creative, and these ones were uneven. Shrugged, kept digging and then [bleep]ing lava everywhere. D: So now I have a bottom floor filled with lava. I expanded it into my little villainous lair, and put a furnace/workbench/chest down there. Found diamonds and gold, which was pretty awesome... until I destroyed a gold block without an Iron pick, which gave me nothing. : <

So I went down into one of the other cave systems to find some iron. I did, and spent a while just mining it out and hunting for more, and stuff. And those places are creepy. Full of moaning and the skeleton bone-rattling noises... are there actually monsters down there? I didn't see any, which was probably what made it so creepy. So I get out, make myself some Iron tools and armour, then head into another one. Find some Iron and some Gold, so yay.

I come out, it's nighttime. ;_; I try and run over to my base, but a green thing sees me. I shrug and go to kill it, and then it explodes, killing me. Sadface.

And now I've respawned and I have no idea where my base is, so I'm just wandering around aimlessly. D:

Tl;dr, is there anyway to see like a map of the generated world? >_>

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Do you guys play Minecraft Alpha or Classic? I can't tell the difference and its dragging me in to play <_<

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

The purchased version is Alpha, and the free one is Classic.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

The purchased version is Alpha, and the free one is Classic.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but which one do you guys play on? <_<

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

[Hide=Diary of a Creeper]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIARY OF A CREEPER

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1

I was born. Well, I think that's what happened to me. I was just sort of...there one second. I don't know what came before, but should I care? I don't know. Whatever happened, here I was in this dark world. I was confused who was I? Where was I? Why was I? Dare I think of the answers to these questions? There was an urge in my body, a ticking I needed to satisfy. This was annoying, agitating, always in the back of my mind the hunger to end the ticking.

I felt an idiot standing there doing nothing, but I couldn't think of anything to do in this scary new world. I eventually decided to start wandering, just wandering around.

I began to look for shelter. It's all I could think of. And here I learned my first little piece of information about this world I had come to be in - it is expansive. Land and sea extend beyond the eye's reach, and huge mountains stand tall above the extremely uneven world.

Life was all around me. Trees. Cows. Chickens. Pigs. All kinds, making noises and minding their own business. In the hopes to gain some directions, or to just have someone to talk to, I approached a few animals. For some reason, they all avoided me. This upset me deeply, and I figured that someone who looked like me would have no problem speaking to me. I went searching for my reflection, and found a pool nearby.

According to my reflection in the waters of this world, I am tall, green and slim. My 4 legs are very small, and make no noise when they hit the ground. I have no arms or other appendages to speak of. My head looks too big for my body, and my face is a twisted mess of emotion that speaks nothing but woe. No wonder people avoided me, eh? Im sure my kind will help.

The moment I saw myself I decided on a name: creeper. It's perfect! I make no noise; I move quickly, I blend with the grass around me. I creep, so I am Creeper. Finally knowing myself pleased me greatly, and put a spring in my step.

It was then that I noticed a new kind of movement out of the corner of my eye. This was something I had not seen before; more focussed than an animal - this creature had purpose. I moved closer. I was curious. It had not seen me yet. Upon closer inspection, I observed that this creature had a body similar to my own. However, it had long legs, and only two of them. It also had arms. With these arms it held tools, it dug into the earth. Behind the creature was a tall structure make of stone. I envied the strange being. It could use tools, it had abilities I lacked. I wanted to be it so badly. I moved closer in the hope that it would be willing to communicate.

The closer I got, the stronger the ticking became in my mind, eventually blanking out all thought. The creature noticed my presence and started running away. I was upset, and I wanted to explain that I was not going to harm it. It got a sharp tool of some kind, and struck me with it, backing off quickly. I pursued, hoping to calm it down.

It backed into a wall, confused and lost in the darkness. When I finally got close enough to talk, all I could say was "SSSS". My head grew hot and uncomfortable, as if it was swelling to an inordinate size. A feeling of horrifying satisfaction filled my mind as I felt the ticking end, and the last thing I heard was the creatures yelp.

Day 2

Oh great. The tickings back.

These were my first thoughts as I stood alone in the field, confused. I was once again in a dark plain, moon above, grass below. Was this the same world? What had happened to me? What exactly was that creature that was so scared of me? Most importantly what happened? I remembered a hot feeling in my head and a great sense of warmth all over my body. I remembered the expression of fear on the creatures face as the ticking stopped.

As soon as the ticking stopped, I was in the field, asking myself these questions. I had no idea what was going on, but I rolled with it. I did was I was doing before my run-in with the creature I looked for people like me. Unfortunately, it seems we either fit in very well with this landscape, or there are no more of me.

The animals still avoided me, it was always dark and I was growing quite depressed. It seemed my only option was to find the Creature again, to see if I can negotiate a conversation out of its seemingly violent mind provided I was in the same world, of course. I looked around for landmarks, recognisable objects which would assure me I was in the same place, and allow me easy passage to the great stone structure and hopefully the Creature. I saw a particular tree that I had looked twice at before, first for its leaf-covered trunk (I thought it was another of my kind at first glance), then for its ridiculous size.

Yes, I remember, I said out loud to the darkness, The structures that way.

I kept walking, and I eventually heard the sound of rock against rock. The Creature was there, digging some sort of black substance from the side of a tall cliff. I tried to be tactful. I did not want to sneak up behind it, so I just waited in plain sight.

It looked different, somehow. Thats it! Its wearing things now....some kind of armour. The armour was brown, and looked comfortable but not very protective. After some time, it finished its work on the cliff face, and turned. It stopped dead when it saw me, and I took this as a sign that I should make the first move. Careful not to get too close to lose my mind like before, I edged closer.

twang!

Something sharp flew through the air and hit me in the chest. It hurt quite a bit. I realised I wouldnt survive many of those. The objects kept coming, the pain intensified. I decided it was a good idea to move closer, to ask it to stop. The pain was immense, however, and I couldnt make it. As the final blow struck me, I saw the triumphant look on the Creatures face, and I had one last second to wonder why it was so aggressive, and decide to avoid it in the future.

As the world faded, my eyes brushed the top of the cliff. My heart gave one last euphoric beat when I saw someone who looked exactly like me standing there, watching my demise.

Day 3

I was atop a mountain, looking over the edge. It was still dark. There were still animals around me, avoiding me. But was I depressed? No. Why? Now I knew there were others like me. More Creepers. Death seemed only to be an obstacle in my strange repeating life, so I decided to give up all caution in the search for my brethren.

I needed to find them, to at least say hi to one.

I set off from where I had been born, and travelled far. On my journey I stumbled across some pretty incredible sights. A tall overhang shooting out from the top of a cliff, supported by one straight pillar that stood firm in the ground beneath it. A great waterfall meeting a lava cascade, creating new land. A huge island in the sky, seemingly supported by nothing at all. All amazing sights, but still not what I was looking for. I kept searching, taking no breaks, never giving up hope.

After what felt like a lifetime, I finally found another one. He stood there, in the distance, staring at me. We both began to move towards each other. It was hard to get my legs to move properly, and my body was shaking with anticipation.

When we met, we both reacted the same way. He seemed as shocked as I was to find another one of us.

Us.

I love that word.

After spending a long time with this new friend of mine, I had discovered that he had experienced the same amount of days as I had, that he had been killed by the Creature as well, and that he had seen something he called the Sun. He told me that if you live long enough, you can watch it rise, brining light to the land, but he also reported that soon after its magnificent rising you reappear at night, the memory obscured by the minds impossible reasoning. The prospect of the sun was impossible to imagine I had only ever known darkness. I needed to see it.

And so we both hid. We found a small cavern atop a large mountain and instead of wandering around and risking running into the Creature; we sat and waited for the sunrise.

After an age it came. The most beautiful sight I have ever laid eyes on. Natural light flooded the plains beneath us, brought life to the land. If I could, I would have wept with joy I could never have hoped to see something more incredible. I decided now that even if I died a million times more, I would not be unhappy, for I had seen the sunrise, just once.

This new and incredible sight, combined with the knowledge of others like me, inspired me for a moment. I was planning something big. It still saddens me to this day that I never had the chance to tell my first friend my plan.

Day 4

Dark again. My eyes took time to focus, to pick details out of the night. I was faced by a cliff; grey and bland, but somehow beautiful. I stepped back and craned my head upwards. The moon was just cresting the arch of the mountain, and wait what was that?

Fwip!

I ran. As fast as I could, I ran away from the mountain, away from the Creature and the objects from the sky. Fear like I have never felt flooded my body. Why was I even scared? Death meant nothing more than a reposition, right? Well, whatever it was I am glad of it. The instinct that made me run changed my life.

After a few minutes of running in a straight line, I was sure I was safe. Now I focussed on my current goal, leaving the fear and confusion it caused behind me. I thought only of finding one more Creeper whether it was the one I met before or not, I needed to find one of us to make my plan work, set the gears in motion.

It took ages, but I did eventually see one. This was a lively Creeper, seemingly happy about everything. I had pity on him I was sure this was his first day, and had not realised the torture of this world yet. Either way, he was good enough. I told him my plan.

At first he laughed. He didnt know what I was talking about to him, Creature, sun and death meant nothing. My heart sank when I realised that this Creeper would be of little help in the initial push. I did, however, see at least one use for him.

Find others like us, remember this place, and tell them to gather here.

These are the last words I spoke to this Creeper, and with that he wandered off, muttering about how green the grass was.

And so I searched again.

And I kept searching. This vast world, this entire planet that seemed to stretch forever, yielded no results I could not find another. I always made sure I was going to be able to find my way back to the place I told the other Creeper to gather at I remembered landmarks, and the still-visible cliff and home of the Creature would provide directions for miles.

I became frustrated around sunrise so much so that I did not stop to take note of the intrinsic beauty caused by the incredible light. I did not want to see tonight go to waste.

I eventually decided to return to the gathering place.

My head grew dizzy when I arrived; my first sight was a group of three Creepers, standing there, watching me approach. The happy one was there, along with two others, confused but interested. I glanced up at the sun, and sped my pace when I noticed that it was nearly time.

I managed to speak only half a sentence to the others before it was night again:

Welcome to my Creeper Com-

Day 5

-munity!

I finished the word out loud to the blackness. A happiness filled my heart. My plan had been set in motion to build a safe, comfortable Creeper community. Within this community, we would perform experiments to see if we could live for longer, perhaps removing the reset altogether. We would probably be underground, as we would be less likely to run into the Creature there. The idea of a proper community would also remove the loneliness that comes with a Creepers depressing life.

There were only two problems with the Community getting more Creepers to join, and making sure we can all find our way there from wherever we appear at night.

I set off in the direction of the Gathering area, thinking hard as I travelled.

Upon arrival, I found four Creepers, eagerly waiting the person who knew what was going on. I told them quickly of my plans to build a safe haven for us, and to attempt to remove the Resetting of our lives. All four cheered with joy.

We wandered around a little, as Creepers do, to find a nice cave to start in. Not too far away was a small sheer cliff face, and right at the bottom was a two-block hole, leading to a small cavern big enough to hold at least fifty Creepers comfortably. There were many landmarks, and the entrance itself was a pretty recognisable point, so we named this the place of our dwelling Creeperville.

At the beginning, we realised, it would be slow going we needed to work hard and build up slowly at first so as not to gain the Creatures attention too early. There were many things that needed to be sorted out how to live, how to build (and how we were even planning to, with no arms), basic things like how to recognise each other.

This could all be sorted some other time, though with only four Creepers the community needed more. We each took mental note of the paths we took to get here, and what the surrounding area looked like from many angles and viewpoints.

We each then split up in different directions, and spent the rest of the cycle (this is what we had come to call our segments of life) looking for more Creepers, and spreading the word.

As the sun hit the correct point in the sky, my body tingled with joy at the prospect of what I had created. All was good.

Day 6

I had reset in a perfect place. Tonight was going to be good, I could tell. I was merely 6 steps from the entrance to Creeperville.

Tonight was extremely productive in terms of Creepervilles development. In the interest of getting all the changes in, I have skipped most of the light banter and small events, instead opting to list the main events and changes. So much happened, so little space on the page.

Tonight we made a big step forward. Twenty Creepers turned up at Creeperville, each looking forward to taking part in this community. We original four were announced the leaders, with myself holding the most power (as I had formulated the idea). The four of us were dubbed the Elders of Creeperville and it was our job to plan the development, oversee the settlement and keep it in shape. It would also be our job, if the Creature attacked, to organise the evacuation and relocation of Creeperville.

As an honorary item, we were each given individual names.

My name is Jonno.

Leading with me are Duffman, Applecore and Moocman.

Our first order of business was to enlist help in Creeperville. We quickly realised that building or digging with no arms was difficult, and while two very brave Creepers did help us expand by forcing their ticking to end, we needed structure. We searched for most of the night, and eventually found a kindly zombie. This one was not like the others. He was intelligent, and offered us his help in return for safe shelter in the cavern. Apparently, his kind lights on fire when the sun rises, and the pain he suffers as a result every night is unbearable. We took him into Creeperville, and he was so grateful he built the 3 Elders and I an office at the top of the cavern. Inside this office, we could see everything that happened below.

Time was running short (we had the zombie dig a small skylight so we could check the suns position). We would all reset soon, and so we Elders decided to call a short meeting at the bottom of the cavern.

Eighteen Creepers and one zombie crowded at the bottom of the pit, and we stood above them, ready to give our announcement.

Here after the work of the friendly zombie we have come to call Rugby... Applecore began.

Moocman picked up the line. We Elders have now a space of control over this cavern.

Duffman stepped forward slightly and said Work will begin tomorrow on houses and water sources for all.

And finally I stepped forward and shouted, triumphantly After careful planning and talks with Rugby, we have estimated that the cavern will be a fully developed living environment for up to seventy Creepers within just sixteen days!

The cheer of the crowd was immense, and the happiness that filled my body knowing that this was all my doing overwhelmed me. All Creepers watched me as, for possibly the first time in history, a Creeper began to weep.

Tears of happiness trickled from my contorted eyes, and I thought for all the Creepers below me when the sun hit the right position, and it all faded into another black night.

Day 22

Today was the day. The day creeperville was complete, and open at last to the full capacity of Creeper kind. So much had changed, and everything had improved. The sixteen days since we first brought together this community have gone fast every day a new idea, every day a new design feature.

But today the new ideas end, and we can work on improving our lives as Creepers.

I had appeared in the middle of an open field, as usual. In the distance I could see lights, and a new structure of what looked like solid black tar. Out of pure interest, I drew closer to check on the Creatures new progress, to see how the sixteen days had affected its progress in this world (we Creepers had come to assume the Creature had been alive longer than all of us, and could make use of both the day and the night).

I found a vantage point close to its home where I was invisible to its wandering eye. If I could gape its what I would have done at its place of dwelling. What I had seen was but one wall. In all, there was a huge black wall stretching taller than the Creature itself, and a menagerie of different shaped buildings inside the confines. There was also a hole in the ground, that seemed to go down forever. As I watched, the Creature (now dressed in a shiny silver armour) sat in a metal cup of some sort and rode some rails down the hole, disappearing. Sensing the danger was gone, I ventured closer to see if I could enter for a closer look at its home. Upon travelling around the entire perimeter, however, I could find no entrance maybe the Creature never needed to exit, and liked its peace. I decided to leave both so as to not disturb it, and to escape the possible danger of it coming back.

I travelled (quite a distance) to Creeperville. Everyone was waiting for me at the entrance.

Outside were at least fifty Creepers and ten zombies.

At first, we had been quite nervous when Rugby had decided to employ a taskforce of ten primitive zombies to help out. These were like other zombies, and only Rugby seemed capable of controlling them. The supposed danger passed quickly, however, when we realised that if one of them were to harm a Creeper, we could simply end our ticking and be rid of them, telling Rugby to never bring that specific one back. Yes, we Creepers had discovered our incredible power to explode. We knew we could before, but we have found uses for it we would never have thought of if we werent so focussed on construction. Knowing our abilities had sped along production of Creeperville quite a lot, to the point where we had time to build extra sections we did not think of before.

Tonight I harboured a feeling quite similar to the one I felt when we first opened Creeperville. A feeling of change, expectation and great pride.

The other elders and I gathered at the new entrance. A huge hole had been dug into the cliff face by the zombies, and there were now stairs down into the city; it all looked quite professional. I was always impressed by their work.

Applecore and I entered, leaving the others with instructions to keep the others waiting until sunrise before they entered.

As I entered I was greeted by an incredible sight. The stairway led down in a spiralling pattern to a great flat plain. 500 metres square, this was absolutely huge. At the edges, great sheer walls raised the roof to 100 metres above our heads. This was intended to provide plenty of building room, and allowed the biggest change to Creeperville a huge hole in the roof, leading to the surface to allow natural light in during the day, and to allow workers to track the sun and estimate when we will reset.

On the North-East of the plain was a small mountain of sorts, built carefully to allow a trench from the ocean to carry a small stream down into a canal that ran round the back and left sides of the great cavern.

There were many other buildings in Creeperville houses to contain seventy Creepers and ten zombies, and one large building at the back to house the Elders and Rugby (who had been accepted as a leader, of sorts, in our community).

The most impressive feature of the city was, however, the centre. A huge 60 metre by 60 metre square set into the floor (directly beneath the skylight) housed a small lake, and many trees. This was our park, and the most communal area of Creeperville.

Its quite something, isnt it Applecore commented.

Yes, it is, and it will be complete before sunrise...wheres Rugby? I replied.

With that, Rugby entered. He was carrying a very large sack of the final component of Creeperville glass. This had been created by digging sand from the beaches of this world and leaving it in a dark cave that was built over lava.

I have enough, I think Rugby said with a strained voice.

He spent the night with his zombies installing the windows into each building, then covering the currently-empty skylight with a layer of protective glass.

Just in time.

We Elders went to our podium, at the back of the Park, and waited for the whole crowd of sixty-seven Creepers and Eleven zombies (including Rugby) to gather in the field.

Just as the sun crested the mountain we had built the city into, and light began to pour through the skylight and bring vision to the world, I stepped forward, the other Elders behind me in a arrow-head formation.

I said, in a euphoric voice, the most important thing any Creeper had ever said.

Welcome...to Creeptopolis!

And with that, the light flooded the cavern, lit every detail. The crowd cheered, and as I began to feel myself reset, my eyes scanned the city, taking in every detail.

Ive done it

Day 23 (Part 1)

Where am I?

I blinked several times, but could not see anything whatsoever. I panicked and called for help, but heard no reply. Was I alone? Where was I? Why was I not on a flat open plain like I normally was?

I tried to move. It felt strange because I couldnt see anything, but I managed it. I mapped my surrounding by bumping my body into the walls.

It seemed I had found myself in a very small room with jagged walls and one exit. It was pitch black, and I was deliberating taking the risk of going to the exit. Am I the kind to take risks? I did take the risk on Creeptopolis...

I eventually decided to walk on. Slowly but surely, I found myself outside the room and in what felt like a narrow corridor. I followed it along for a while, breathing lightly and making as little sound as possible.

Thats the first time I heard it.

The voice.

Calling me into the distance.

A light appeared at the end of what I now saw to be a very precisely dug corridor. The end of the passageway seemed to be a precise hole of some sort, with light radiating from the deep.

I looked back to where I had come from. It was still pitch black, and I couldnt imagine staying there, so I pressed on.

Come to us...

I shivered deeply as the ice voice floated through the narrow passage, but I continued regardless. What other choice did I have?

When I reached the end, I was greeted by a huge cascade into a 1 metre square hole. Torches lined the walls of the cascade, begging me to go down. I did so.

I tried to look down through the hole before jumping in, but it was as dark as the room I had appeared in. I shouted into the cave. Hello? Whos there?

I got only Come... as a reply. The same icy voice. I heard some sort of click after it, this time...like two sticks being rattled together.

I jumped into the blackness...

Day 23 (Part 2)

Thud.

I screamed, Hello?

Hello... came the icy, slow reply.

With that, torches lit in sequence, revealing a large room, perfectly square.

In one corner was a special torch...it was red. It seemed obvious that I should follow it.

After around ten minutes of walking, I saw movement at the end of the corridor. I stopped dead this was something very quick and very thin.

I inched closer, whispering another cautious Hello to the blackness.

BOOM!

The end of the corridor exploded with light! Revealed now was a huge cavern with torches all over the place. In the centre was a podium of sorts, and atop it was a being unlike any I had seen. He was as tall as I, but grey and looked as though he was made of sticks. His body was so bright it was hard to focus on him, but I could easily make out two legs, two arms and a head. In a way, he looked like a stripped down version of the Creature we Creepers were all so afraid of.

I did not know how to act should I be scared, or welcomed? So I just stood there, still as a rock.

Come closer... the Icy voice reverberated around the cavern, as if it was not coming from the being itself. He spoke very slowly, extending S and R sounds.

I did as I was told and it moved, walking so swiftly it might have been drifting off the ground.

Within moments it was in front of me, and speaking.

I am skeleton....you are Creeper....

I blinked. Its all I could do. It was as if it had me in a trance.

We are the same...Human avoid...

I just nodded. There was little else I could do.

I create...I combine... and with that, he threw his arms up into the air, showcasing his creation.

You did this!? I nearly shouted.

Yes....I show how...

Suddenly, we were in a small room. This had one tree in it, and some weird wooden block in the corner. Beside it was another block I had never seen it looked like a piece of rock...with a hole in it. Finally, the centre point to the room was some sort of brown object with metal corners. I was quite confused.

I take... he said, pointing to the tree.

I take other... pointing to the brown object, which he led me to. It turns out it was some sort of storage device, for when opened, it revealed a menagerie of items I had not seen before.

I combine... he whispered, now taking me to the wooden object. He placed some items on it in a strange pattern, and then waved his arms. I blinked, and I must have missed something for the next thing I knew, he was holding some sort of rounded object.

He put some more items down, and then waved his arms again. This time, he had created a strange pointy straight object with a feather on the end.

He raised both the items to me.

Bow... he said, pointing to the rounded object.

Arrow... he said, pointing to the straight object.

He proceeded to put the Arrow in the Bow, pull back on the string, and let go. The Arrow flew through the air and hit me in the chest, and I recognised the action and pain from when the Creature had hit with a flying object all that time ago.

I felt the world fade. As it faded, I heard his cold laughter and then the words:

I see you...again...

Day 24

Darkness surrounded me. I was so confused had I not reset? I had felt the world fading, and normally after that I see a flat plain or at least know I have reset. This was different darkness surrounded me in vision, in thought and in body. I couldnt sense anything, I couldnt feel anything.

As I pondered on this strange occurrence, light flooded into my vision. It appeared I was in some sort of room, different to the one I was in before.

So I have reset correctly....whats that?

I was referring to a very strange blue box in the centre of the room. It was designed like a mesh, and had something inside....a burning Creeper! I could have wept. Who had done this to one of my brothers? What kind of magic was this? More importantly, why was I here?

I looked around the room, finding nothing but flat walls on either side, a green-grey floor, the blue box and a brown one similar to the one I had seen in the Skeletons lair.

Could this belong to him? Where is he?

With that thought, a hole was burst in one the wall opposite me, and the Skeleton walked in - again so swiftly that he might have been floating. He drew close, stopping behind the blue box.

You...Reset...Box...Resetter...

I couldnt understand what he was trying to tell me, and just stood there.

Apparently noticing my confusion, he tried again.

Box...keep you here...

A light sparked in my head. This strange box...the Resetter...it allowed us Creepers to return to one place! This would be extremely useful! I moved closer to inspect the object, to work out how to remove it and take it with me, but I was met by the harsh slam of a sword on the floor in front of my feet.

I...take...you...follow...

You want to help me?

Yes...we are same..Human avoid...

Okay, if I take you to my home, will you help us?

No...take...I lead...

It seemed that he either knew where he was going, or wanted to take me somewhere. I followed politely. On the way out he struck the box hard, extinguishing its flame and eliminating the Creeper inside. He proceeded to pick up the materials.

After what seemed like an age of walking, we came out into what looked like the inside of a pyramid. On the walls were decorations of some kind, each a different design encased in wood. They were strangely pleasing to the eye.

The Skeleton moved to a brown storage box, and took some items.

I...Farash....

Thats your name? Im-

Jonno....Jonno is your calling....follow....

I followed again. I was finding this entire trip quite strange. I didnt know how to act or what to do, so I just followed. It seemed at least like this creature...Farash...was friendly and wanted to help out, and any help was appreciated.

Again, after an age, we were at an entrance to the surface.

What...direction...Creeptopolis?

I was slightly taken aback when he said the name of my creation how did he know? For that matter, how had he known my name? This creature seemed to possess incredible abilities.

Out of interest and to test these apparent abilities - I told him the wrong direction.

He proceeded to move his arms in a strange fashion, and we were suddenly at the entrance to Creeptopolis. I was astonished.

No lying...to me...

How did you do that?

Secret....ancient secret....

I said no more.

I...teach...I..help...let me..in...

Wait here a moment, Ill check everythings ok...

I walked inside Creeptopolis, greeted by the sight of sixty or so Creepers and ten zombies gathered in one place.

The three other Elders stood on a podium. They seemed to be in the middle of something.

Hello! I have something im... I slowed down. All eyes turned to me and tracked my movement down the stairs.

Then they cheered. The cheer was immensely loud, and I didnt understand what they were cheering about.

When I reached the bottom I was greeted by the Elders. They had all been worried about my absence yesterday, and so I explained what had happened to me. Their eyes opened wide with wonder as I described Farash and his strange abilities, and they hurried up the stairs to greet him.

He was let into Creeptopolis with all the welcoming spirit of sixty Creepers. He taught Rugby to craft and how to smelt, and he built a shrine in the middle of the park with the blue object on top. He explained that we would now reset in Creeptopolis, without missing the day time.

You...are...free...

He gave us two more gifts a Chest (the brown storage box) full of tools, and an abundance of a strange red material he called simply The Dust. He explained that it had special properties and that we would learn in time how to use it.

We Creepers could not thank this creature enough. We wanted to know more about him, learn his secrets, everything. So we asked him to stay in Creeptopolis.

Let me....ponder...... was his nervous reply.

Before he could respond, everyone in Creeptopolis turned to the far wall, listening intently for the strange sound hailing from its direction:

Thud. Thud! BANG!

Fear spread through my body as I gazed through the mist, and felt myself resetting...

Day 25

Before I write this entry into my Diary, I would first like to note that I do not know whether to call this entry "Day 25", or "Day 24.5". The Resetter in the middle of Creeptopolis had caused me to reset mere seconds after I had faded away, meaning it was day time, and not a new day for me...technically. From here on in my Diary, I will find some other method of labelling the time.

Chaos.

Creeptopolis exploded into terrible chaos.

It started with a single explosion - I remember wondering if a brother had exploded in defense. Screams ripped through the mist, now surrounding all Creepers in the city. No one knew what was going on - we could only each stand and hear our brothers fall.

I remember when I first saw them.

"Them!?" I remember thinking. My body became numb as four near-identical Creatures, or "Humans" as Farash had called them, spread out in front of me. They all bore the same pointy object that had once killed me, and I backed away. They seemed to be after me specifically - this raised so many questions.

"Do they know about Creeptopolis? How do they know, if they do? What are they doing? Why are they after me? Why are they after me?"

They closed in. The mist had cleared, and I could see many Creepers cowering on the plains of the park, all looking to me for support. One Human saw the Resetter, and walked over to it. He removed the block underneath it, and lifted both it and the Resetter, carrying them in his arms.

"|No!" I cried inside my head as the sickening realisation of what they planned set in.

I turned to my Creeper bretherin - the three other Elders were there, unable to move. I looked down at them all, and shouted "I will be back!" They just stood there.

Fwip!

The farmilliar sound of a Skeleton's bow passed my head. One of the Humans - the closest to me - fell to the floor in pain, an arrow protruding from his chest. He said something in a garbled voice, and then disappeared. The Humans looked uncomfortable - they could not see Farash, and were afraid of the arrows striking again.

I heard a battle cry from behind me. Farash launched through the air, striking one more Human down with a pointy object and landing in front of the other two. He said something in the same language they used, and proceeded to strike one in the chest with the pointy object.

The Humans must have been too shocked to react, for the last remaining just stood there, as full of fear as myself and my Creeper bretherin on the plains.

Farash relented one final word to the Human, and spun quickly. I do not know what he did, but by the time he was facing me again, the Human was no longer between us.

He now spoke to me in words I understood:

"I...stay...Human...protect..."

He walked away with the Resetter, and placed it back in its rightful place.

The whole attack had lasted less than five minutes - The sun was still only just setting.

The silence in Creeptopolis chilled me to the bone.

26th Night

The silence had lasted 'till sundown. We had all reset back into Creeptopolis at the end of the day, which was a strange feeling. We reset in exactly the same place we had been standing before, which was nice I guess. It was just like blinking.

The reset only served to make things more awkward. We stood there, in our individual places, completely unable to think of what to do now. Creeptopolis had been found - and not just by the threat we thought we faced - by many Humans.

It was this revelation that chilled us most, I think. The thought of four of the creatures we considered all-powerful, four who knew where we were!

No one in Creeptopolis was unmoved.

At the advent of the moon, Applecore approached me. He spoke in a solemn tone, and I knew he bore a terrible thought.

"What now, Jonno?"

"I don't know, my friend. We need to call a meeting, with all the Elders...and we need Farash to be there."

And so it was done. We Elders met with Farash, to devise a plan.

After what seemed an age of talking, Moocman summed it up for us.

"Two options face us, company. We must either flee from Creeptopolis, never to return, or we must build a strong line of defense."

"The advantage of fleeing would be safety from the Humans, at least temporarily." I said.

Duffman interjected - "But the disadvantage is that if we do try to rebuild and the Humans find us and attack early, we will be in an even worse position than we are in now to defend. This was only luck, after al..." He nodded at Farash, who nodded back.

"Ok then, so the advantage of building a line of defense is obvious - we already have something to build on."

"But", Applecore said, "We would be staying in a position that the Humans are aware of, and we would be subject to relentless attack."

So this is where we were. Two suggestions, neither particularly advantageous.

I turned to the Skeleton.

"Farash, you haven't said a word this entire time...what do you think?

"Human avoid...Creeptopolis abandon...rebuild quick...I help from start..."

"You really think we should move?"

"Yes...human....avoid....."

I trusted this age-old being. He seemed to know what he was speaking about.

"We must address the people of Creeptopolis"

We called a meeting in the usual fashion - we stood on our podium, this time with a new addition, and the Creepers were below. We each spoke in tandem, the same way we did on a much more glorious day not too long ago.

I began. "We Creepers tried, we tried so hard..."

Applecore continued - "We tried to live in peace, in safety and in hope."

Moocman spoke next. "The recent attack tells us that we failed." The mood in the crowd dropped dramatically.

Duffman spoke the penultimate line - "But Creepers here me, for there is hope!"

And finally, Farash: "Creeptopolis....move...tonight!"

With Farash's last line, the mood picked up in the crowd. Murmurs spread through, and a buzz filled the air.

Farash had said it perfectly - we were moving, and the work began tonight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIARY OF A CREEPER

Day 1

I was born. Well, I think that's what happened to me. I was just sort of...there one second. I don't know what came before, but should I care? I don't know. Whatever happened, here I was in this dark world. I was confused who was I? Where was I? Why was I? Dare I think of the answers to these questions? There was an urge in my body, a ticking I needed to satisfy. This was annoying, agitating, always in the back of my mind the hunger to end the ticking.

I felt an idiot standing there doing nothing, but I couldn't think of anything to do in this scary new world. I eventually decided to start wandering, just wandering around.

I began to look for shelter. It's all I could think of. And here I learned my first little piece of information about this world I had come to be in - it is expansive. Land and sea extend beyond the eye's reach, and huge mountains stand tall above the extremely uneven world.

Life was all around me. Trees. Cows. Chickens. Pigs. All kinds, making noises and minding their own business. In the hopes to gain some directions, or to just have someone to talk to, I approached a few animals. For some reason, they all avoided me. This upset me deeply, and I figured that someone who looked like me would have no problem speaking to me. I went searching for my reflection, and found a pool nearby.

According to my reflection in the waters of this world, I am tall, green and slim. My 4 legs are very small, and make no noise when they hit the ground. I have no arms or other appendages to speak of. My head looks too big for my body, and my face is a twisted mess of emotion that speaks nothing but woe. No wonder people avoided me, eh? Im sure my kind will help.

The moment I saw myself I decided on a name: creeper. It's perfect! I make no noise; I move quickly, I blend with the grass around me. I creep, so I am Creeper. Finally knowing myself pleased me greatly, and put a spring in my step.

It was then that I noticed a new kind of movement out of the corner of my eye. This was something I had not seen before; more focussed than an animal - this creature had purpose. I moved closer. I was curious. It had not seen me yet. Upon closer inspection, I observed that this creature had a body similar to my own. However, it had long legs, and only two of them. It also had arms. With these arms it held tools, it dug into the earth. Behind the creature was a tall structure make of stone. I envied the strange being. It could use tools, it had abilities I lacked. I wanted to be it so badly. I moved closer in the hope that it would be willing to communicate.

The closer I got, the stronger the ticking became in my mind, eventually blanking out all thought. The creature noticed my presence and started running away. I was upset, and I wanted to explain that I was not going to harm it. It got a sharp tool of some kind, and struck me with it, backing off quickly. I pursued, hoping to calm it down.

It backed into a wall, confused and lost in the darkness. When I finally got close enough to talk, all I could say was "SSSS". My head grew hot and uncomfortable, as if it was swelling to an inordinate size. A feeling of horrifying satisfaction filled my mind as I felt the ticking end, and the last thing I heard was the creatures yelp.

Day 2

Oh great. The tickings back.

These were my first thoughts as I stood alone in the field, confused. I was once again in a dark plain, moon above, grass below. Was this the same world? What had happened to me? What exactly was that creature that was so scared of me? Most importantly what happened? I remembered a hot feeling in my head and a great sense of warmth all over my body. I remembered the expression of fear on the creatures face as the ticking stopped.

As soon as the ticking stopped, I was in the field, asking myself these questions. I had no idea what was going on, but I rolled with it. I did was I was doing before my run-in with the creature I looked for people like me. Unfortunately, it seems we either fit in very well with this landscape, or there are no more of me.

The animals still avoided me, it was always dark and I was growing quite depressed. It seemed my only option was to find the Creature again, to see if I can negotiate a conversation out of its seemingly violent mind provided I was in the same world, of course. I looked around for landmarks, recognisable objects which would assure me I was in the same place, and allow me easy passage to the great stone structure and hopefully the Creature. I saw a particular tree that I had looked twice at before, first for its leaf-covered trunk (I thought it was another of my kind at first glance), then for its ridiculous size.

Yes, I remember, I said out loud to the darkness, The structures that way.

I kept walking, and I eventually heard the sound of rock against rock. The Creature was there, digging some sort of black substance from the side of a tall cliff. I tried to be tactful. I did not want to sneak up behind it, so I just waited in plain sight.

It looked different, somehow. Thats it! Its wearing things now....some kind of armour. The armour was brown, and looked comfortable but not very protective. After some time, it finished its work on the cliff face, and turned. It stopped dead when it saw me, and I took this as a sign that I should make the first move. Careful not to get too close to lose my mind like before, I edged closer.

twang!

Something sharp flew through the air and hit me in the chest. It hurt quite a bit. I realised I wouldnt survive many of those. The objects kept coming, the pain intensified. I decided it was a good idea to move closer, to ask it to stop. The pain was immense, however, and I couldnt make it. As the final blow struck me, I saw the triumphant look on the Creatures face, and I had one last second to wonder why it was so aggressive, and decide to avoid it in the future.

As the world faded, my eyes brushed the top of the cliff. My heart gave one last euphoric beat when I saw someone who looked exactly like me standing there, watching my demise.

Day 3

I was atop a mountain, looking over the edge. It was still dark. There were still animals around me, avoiding me. But was I depressed? No. Why? Now I knew there were others like me. More Creepers. Death seemed only to be an obstacle in my strange repeating life, so I decided to give up all caution in the search for my brethren.

I needed to find them, to at least say hi to one.

I set off from where I had been born, and travelled far. On my journey I stumbled across some pretty incredible sights. A tall overhang shooting out from the top of a cliff, supported by one straight pillar that stood firm in the ground beneath it. A great waterfall meeting a lava cascade, creating new land. A huge island in the sky, seemingly supported by nothing at all. All amazing sights, but still not what I was looking for. I kept searching, taking no breaks, never giving up hope.

After what felt like a lifetime, I finally found another one. He stood there, in the distance, staring at me. We both began to move towards each other. It was hard to get my legs to move properly, and my body was shaking with anticipation.

When we met, we both reacted the same way. He seemed as shocked as I was to find another one of us.

Us.

I love that word.

After spending a long time with this new friend of mine, I had discovered that he had experienced the same amount of days as I had, that he had been killed by the Creature as well, and that he had seen something he called the Sun. He told me that if you live long enough, you can watch it rise, brining light to the land, but he also reported that soon after its magnificent rising you reappear at night, the memory obscured by the minds impossible reasoning. The prospect of the sun was impossible to imagine I had only ever known darkness. I needed to see it.

And so we both hid. We found a small cavern atop a large mountain and instead of wandering around and risking running into the Creature; we sat and waited for the sunrise.

After an age it came. The most beautiful sight I have ever laid eyes on. Natural light flooded the plains beneath us, brought life to the land. If I could, I would have wept with joy I could never have hoped to see something more incredible. I decided now that even if I died a million times more, I would not be unhappy, for I had seen the sunrise, just once.

This new and incredible sight, combined with the knowledge of others like me, inspired me for a moment. I was planning something big. It still saddens me to this day that I never had the chance to tell my first friend my plan.

Day 4

Dark again. My eyes took time to focus, to pick details out of the night. I was faced by a cliff; grey and bland, but somehow beautiful. I stepped back and craned my head upwards. The moon was just cresting the arch of the mountain, and wait what was that?

Fwip!

I ran. As fast as I could, I ran away from the mountain, away from the Creature and the objects from the sky. Fear like I have never felt flooded my body. Why was I even scared? Death meant nothing more than a reposition, right? Well, whatever it was I am glad of it. The instinct that made me run changed my life.

After a few minutes of running in a straight line, I was sure I was safe. Now I focussed on my current goal, leaving the fear and confusion it caused behind me. I thought only of finding one more Creeper whether it was the one I met before or not, I needed to find one of us to make my plan work, set the gears in motion.

It took ages, but I did eventually see one. This was a lively Creeper, seemingly happy about everything. I had pity on him I was sure this was his first day, and had not realised the torture of this world yet. Either way, he was good enough. I told him my plan.

At first he laughed. He didnt know what I was talking about to him, Creature, sun and death meant nothing. My heart sank when I realised that this Creeper would be of little help in the initial push. I did, however, see at least one use for him.

Find others like us, remember this place, and tell them to gather here.

These are the last words I spoke to this Creeper, and with that he wandered off, muttering about how green the grass was.

And so I searched again.

And I kept searching. This vast world, this entire planet that seemed to stretch forever, yielded no results I could not find another. I always made sure I was going to be able to find my way back to the place I told the other Creeper to gather at I remembered landmarks, and the still-visible cliff and home of the Creature would provide directions for miles.

I became frustrated around sunrise so much so that I did not stop to take note of the intrinsic beauty caused by the incredible light. I did not want to see tonight go to waste.

I eventually decided to return to the gathering place.

My head grew dizzy when I arrived; my first sight was a group of three Creepers, standing there, watching me approach. The happy one was there, along with two others, confused but interested. I glanced up at the sun, and sped my pace when I noticed that it was nearly time.

I managed to speak only half a sentence to the others before it was night again:

Welcome to my Creeper Com-

Day 5

-munity!

I finished the word out loud to the blackness. A happiness filled my heart. My plan had been set in motion to build a safe, comfortable Creeper community. Within this community, we would perform experiments to see if we could live for longer, perhaps removing the reset altogether. We would probably be underground, as we would be less likely to run into the Creature there. The idea of a proper community would also remove the loneliness that comes with a Creepers depressing life.

There were only two problems with the Community getting more Creepers to join, and making sure we can all find our way there from wherever we appear at night.

I set off in the direction of the Gathering area, thinking hard as I travelled.

Upon arrival, I found four Creepers, eagerly waiting the person who knew what was going on. I told them quickly of my plans to build a safe haven for us, and to attempt to remove the Resetting of our lives. All four cheered with joy.

We wandered around a little, as Creepers do, to find a nice cave to start in. Not too far away was a small sheer cliff face, and right at the bottom was a two-block hole, leading to a small cavern big enough to hold at least fifty Creepers comfortably. There were many landmarks, and the entrance itself was a pretty recognisable point, so we named this the place of our dwelling Creeperville.

At the beginning, we realised, it would be slow going we needed to work hard and build up slowly at first so as not to gain the Creatures attention too early. There were many things that needed to be sorted out how to live, how to build (and how we were even planning to, with no arms), basic things like how to recognise each other.

This could all be sorted some other time, though with only four Creepers the community needed more. We each took mental note of the paths we took to get here, and what the surrounding area looked like from many angles and viewpoints.

We each then split up in different directions, and spent the rest of the cycle (this is what we had come to call our segments of life) looking for more Creepers, and spreading the word.

As the sun hit the correct point in the sky, my body tingled with joy at the prospect of what I had created. All was good.

Day 6

I had reset in a perfect place. Tonight was going to be good, I could tell. I was merely 6 steps from the entrance to Creeperville.

Tonight was extremely productive in terms of Creepervilles development. In the interest of getting all the changes in, I have skipped most of the light banter and small events, instead opting to list the main events and changes. So much happened, so little space on the page.

Tonight we made a big step forward. Twenty Creepers turned up at Creeperville, each looking forward to taking part in this community. We original four were announced the leaders, with myself holding the most power (as I had formulated the idea). The four of us were dubbed the Elders of Creeperville and it was our job to plan the development, oversee the settlement and keep it in shape. It would also be our job, if the Creature attacked, to organise the evacuation and relocation of Creeperville.

As an honorary item, we were each given individual names.

My name is Jonno.

Leading with me are Duffman, Applecore and Moocman.

Our first order of business was to enlist help in Creeperville. We quickly realised that building or digging with no arms was difficult, and while two very brave Creepers did help us expand by forcing their ticking to end, we needed structure. We searched for most of the night, and eventually found a kindly zombie. This one was not like the others. He was intelligent, and offered us his help in return for safe shelter in the cavern. Apparently, his kind lights on fire when the sun rises, and the pain he suffers as a result every night is unbearable. We took him into Creeperville, and he was so grateful he built the 3 Elders and I an office at the top of the cavern. Inside this office, we could see everything that happened below.

Time was running short (we had the zombie dig a small skylight so we could check the suns position). We would all reset soon, and so we Elders decided to call a short meeting at the bottom of the cavern.

Eighteen Creepers and one zombie crowded at the bottom of the pit, and we stood above them, ready to give our announcement.

Here after the work of the friendly zombie we have come to call Rugby... Applecore began.

Moocman picked up the line. We Elders have now a space of control over this cavern.

Duffman stepped forward slightly and said Work will begin tomorrow on houses and water sources for all.

And finally I stepped forward and shouted, triumphantly After careful planning and talks with Rugby, we have estimated that the cavern will be a fully developed living environment for up to seventy Creepers within just sixteen days!

The cheer of the crowd was immense, and the happiness that filled my body knowing that this was all my doing overwhelmed me. All Creepers watched me as, for possibly the first time in history, a Creeper began to weep.

Tears of happiness trickled from my contorted eyes, and I thought for all the Creepers below me when the sun hit the right position, and it all faded into another black night.

Day 22

Today was the day. The day creeperville was complete, and open at last to the full capacity of Creeper kind. So much had changed, and everything had improved. The sixteen days since we first brought together this community have gone fast every day a new idea, every day a new design feature.

But today the new ideas end, and we can work on improving our lives as Creepers.

I had appeared in the middle of an open field, as usual. In the distance I could see lights, and a new structure of what looked like solid black tar. Out of pure interest, I drew closer to check on the Creatures new progress, to see how the sixteen days had affected its progress in this world (we Creepers had come to assume the Creature had been alive longer than all of us, and could make use of both the day and the night).

I found a vantage point close to its home where I was invisible to its wandering eye. If I could gape its what I would have done at its place of dwelling. What I had seen was but one wall. In all, there was a huge black wall stretching taller than the Creature itself, and a menagerie of different shaped buildings inside the confines. There was also a hole in the ground, that seemed to go down forever. As I watched, the Creature (now dressed in a shiny silver armour) sat in a metal cup of some sort and rode some rails down the hole, disappearing. Sensing the danger was gone, I ventured closer to see if I could enter for a closer look at its home. Upon travelling around the entire perimeter, however, I could find no entrance maybe the Creature never needed to exit, and liked its peace. I decided to leave both so as to not disturb it, and to escape the possible danger of it coming back.

I travelled (quite a distance) to Creeperville. Everyone was waiting for me at the entrance.

Outside were at least fifty Creepers and ten zombies.

At first, we had been quite nervous when Rugby had decided to employ a taskforce of ten primitive zombies to help out. These were like other zombies, and only Rugby seemed capable of controlling them. The supposed danger passed quickly, however, when we realised that if one of them were to harm a Creeper, we could simply end our ticking and be rid of them, telling Rugby to never bring that specific one back. Yes, we Creepers had discovered our incredible power to explode. We knew we could before, but we have found uses for it we would never have thought of if we werent so focussed on construction. Knowing our abilities had sped along production of Creeperville quite a lot, to the point where we had time to build extra sections we did not think of before.

Tonight I harboured a feeling quite similar to the one I felt when we first opened Creeperville. A feeling of change, expectation and great pride.

The other elders and I gathered at the new entrance. A huge hole had been dug into the cliff face by the zombies, and there were now stairs down into the city; it all looked quite professional. I was always impressed by their work.

Applecore and I entered, leaving the others with instructions to keep the others waiting until sunrise before they entered.

As I entered I was greeted by an incredible sight. The stairway led down in a spiralling pattern to a great flat plain. 500 metres square, this was absolutely huge. At the edges, great sheer walls raised the roof to 100 metres above our heads. This was intended to provide plenty of building room, and allowed the biggest change to Creeperville a huge hole in the roof, leading to the surface to allow natural light in during the day, and to allow workers to track the sun and estimate when we will reset.

On the North-East of the plain was a small mountain of sorts, built carefully to allow a trench from the ocean to carry a small stream down into a canal that ran round the back and left sides of the great cavern.

There were many other buildings in Creeperville houses to contain seventy Creepers and ten zombies, and one large building at the back to house the Elders and Rugby (who had been accepted as a leader, of sorts, in our community).

The most impressive feature of the city was, however, the centre. A huge 60 metre by 60 metre square set into the floor (directly beneath the skylight) housed a small lake, and many trees. This was our park, and the most communal area of Creeperville.

Its quite something, isnt it Applecore commented.

Yes, it is, and it will be complete before sunrise...wheres Rugby? I replied.

With that, Rugby entered. He was carrying a very large sack of the final component of Creeperville glass. This had been created by digging sand from the beaches of this world and leaving it in a dark cave that was built over lava.

I have enough, I think Rugby said with a strained voice.

He spent the night with his zombies installing the windows into each building, then covering the currently-empty skylight with a layer of protective glass.

Just in time.

We Elders went to our podium, at the back of the Park, and waited for the whole crowd of sixty-seven Creepers and Eleven zombies (including Rugby) to gather in the field.

Just as the sun crested the mountain we had built the city into, and light began to pour through the skylight and bring vision to the world, I stepped forward, the other Elders behind me in a arrow-head formation.

I said, in a euphoric voice, the most important thing any Creeper had ever said.

Welcome...to Creeptopolis!

And with that, the light flooded the cavern, lit every detail. The crowd cheered, and as I began to feel myself reset, my eyes scanned the city, taking in every detail.

Ive done it

Day 23 (Part 1)

Where am I?

I blinked several times, but could not see anything whatsoever. I panicked and called for help, but heard no reply. Was I alone? Where was I? Why was I not on a flat open plain like I normally was?

I tried to move. It felt strange because I couldnt see anything, but I managed it. I mapped my surrounding by bumping my body into the walls.

It seemed I had found myself in a very small room with jagged walls and one exit. It was pitch black, and I was deliberating taking the risk of going to the exit. Am I the kind to take risks? I did take the risk on Creeptopolis...

I eventually decided to walk on. Slowly but surely, I found myself outside the room and in what felt like a narrow corridor. I followed it along for a while, breathing lightly and making as little sound as possible.

Thats the first time I heard it.

The voice.

Calling me into the distance.

A light appeared at the end of what I now saw to be a very precisely dug corridor. The end of the passageway seemed to be a precise hole of some sort, with light radiating from the deep.

I looked back to where I had come from. It was still pitch black, and I couldnt imagine staying there, so I pressed on.

Come to us...

I shivered deeply as the ice voice floated through the narrow passage, but I continued regardless. What other choice did I have?

When I reached the end, I was greeted by a huge cascade into a 1 metre square hole. Torches lined the walls of the cascade, begging me to go down. I did so.

I tried to look down through the hole before jumping in, but it was as dark as the room I had appeared in. I shouted into the cave. Hello? Whos there?

I got only Come... as a reply. The same icy voice. I heard some sort of click after it, this time...like two sticks being rattled together.

I jumped into the blackness...

Day 23 (Part 2)

Thud.

I screamed, Hello?

Hello... came the icy, slow reply.

With that, torches lit in sequence, revealing a large room, perfectly square.

In one corner was a special torch...it was red. It seemed obvious that I should follow it.

After around ten minutes of walking, I saw movement at the end of the corridor. I stopped dead this was something very quick and very thin.

I inched closer, whispering another cautious Hello to the blackness.

BOOM!

The end of the corridor exploded with light! Revealed now was a huge cavern with torches all over the place. In the centre was a podium of sorts, and atop it was a being unlike any I had seen. He was as tall as I, but grey and looked as though he was made of sticks. His body was so bright it was hard to focus on him, but I could easily make out two legs, two arms and a head. In a way, he looked like a stripped down version of the Creature we Creepers were all so afraid of.

I did not know how to act should I be scared, or welcomed? So I just stood there, still as a rock.

Come closer... the Icy voice reverberated around the cavern, as if it was not coming from the being itself. He spoke very slowly, extending S and R sounds.

I did as I was told and it moved, walking so swiftly it might have been drifting off the ground.

Within moments it was in front of me, and speaking.

I am skeleton....you are Creeper....

I blinked. Its all I could do. It was as if it had me in a trance.

We are the same...Human avoid...

I just nodded. There was little else I could do.

I create...I combine... and with that, he threw his arms up into the air, showcasing his creation.

You did this!? I nearly shouted.

Yes....I show how...

Suddenly, we were in a small room. This had one tree in it, and some weird wooden block in the corner. Beside it was another block I had never seen it looked like a piece of rock...with a hole in it. Finally, the centre point to the room was some sort of brown object with metal corners. I was quite confused.

I take... he said, pointing to the tree.

I take other... pointing to the brown object, which he led me to. It turns out it was some sort of storage device, for when opened, it revealed a menagerie of items I had not seen before.

I combine... he whispered, now taking me to the wooden object. He placed some items on it in a strange pattern, and then waved his arms. I blinked, and I must have missed something for the next thing I knew, he was holding some sort of rounded object.

He put some more items down, and then waved his arms again. This time, he had created a strange pointy straight object with a feather on the end.

He raised both the items to me.

Bow... he said, pointing to the rounded object.

Arrow... he said, pointing to the straight object.

He proceeded to put the Arrow in the Bow, pull back on the string, and let go. The Arrow flew through the air and hit me in the chest, and I recognised the action and pain from when the Creature had hit with a flying object all that time ago.

I felt the world fade. As it faded, I heard his cold laughter and then the words:

I see you...again...

Day 24

Darkness surrounded me. I was so confused had I not reset? I had felt the world fading, and normally after that I see a flat plain or at least know I have reset. This was different darkness surrounded me in vision, in thought and in body. I couldnt sense anything, I couldnt feel anything.

As I pondered on this strange occurrence, light flooded into my vision. It appeared I was in some sort of room, different to the one I was in before.

So I have reset correctly....whats that?

I was referring to a very strange blue box in the centre of the room. It was designed like a mesh, and had something inside....a burning Creeper! I could have wept. Who had done this to one of my brothers? What kind of magic was this? More importantly, why was I here?

I looked around the room, finding nothing but flat walls on either side, a green-grey floor, the blue box and a brown one similar to the one I had seen in the Skeletons lair.

Could this belong to him? Where is he?

With that thought, a hole was burst in one the wall opposite me, and the Skeleton walked in - again so swiftly that he might have been floating. He drew close, stopping behind the blue box.

You...Reset...Box...Resetter...

I couldnt understand what he was trying to tell me, and just stood there.

Apparently noticing my confusion, he tried again.

Box...keep you here...

A light sparked in my head. This strange box...the Resetter...it allowed us Creepers to return to one place! This would be extremely useful! I moved closer to inspect the object, to work out how to remove it and take it with me, but I was met by the harsh slam of a sword on the floor in front of my feet.

I...take...you...follow...

You want to help me?

Yes...we are same..Human avoid...

Okay, if I take you to my home, will you help us?

No...take...I lead...

It seemed that he either knew where he was going, or wanted to take me somewhere. I followed politely. On the way out he struck the box hard, extinguishing its flame and eliminating the Creeper inside. He proceeded to pick up the materials.

After what seemed like an age of walking, we came out into what looked like the inside of a pyramid. On the walls were decorations of some kind, each a different design encased in wood. They were strangely pleasing to the eye.

The Skeleton moved to a brown storage box, and took some items.

I...Farash....

Thats your name? Im-

Jonno....Jonno is your calling....follow....

I followed again. I was finding this entire trip quite strange. I didnt know how to act or what to do, so I just followed. It seemed at least like this creature...Farash...was friendly and wanted to help out, and any help was appreciated.

Again, after an age, we were at an entrance to the surface.

What...direction...Creeptopolis?

I was slightly taken aback when he said the name of my creation how did he know? For that matter, how had he known my name? This creature seemed to possess incredible abilities.

Out of interest and to test these apparent abilities - I told him the wrong direction.

He proceeded to move his arms in a strange fashion, and we were suddenly at the entrance to Creeptopolis. I was astonished.

No lying...to me...

How did you do that?

Secret....ancient secret....

I said no more.

I...teach...I..help...let me..in...

Wait here a moment, Ill check everythings ok...

I walked inside Creeptopolis, greeted by the sight of sixty or so Creepers and ten zombies gathered in one place.

The three other Elders stood on a podium. They seemed to be in the middle of something.

Hello! I have something im... I slowed down. All eyes turned to me and tracked my movement down the stairs.

Then they cheered. The cheer was immensely loud, and I didnt understand what they were cheering about.

When I reached the bottom I was greeted by the Elders. They had all been worried about my absence yesterday, and so I explained what had happened to me. Their eyes opened wide with wonder as I described Farash and his strange abilities, and they hurried up the stairs to greet him.

He was let into Creeptopolis with all the welcoming spirit of sixty Creepers. He taught Rugby to craft and how to smelt, and he built a shrine in the middle of the park with the blue object on top. He explained that we would now reset in Creeptopolis, without missing the day time.

You...are...free...

He gave us two more gifts a Chest (the brown storage box) full of tools, and an abundance of a strange red material he called simply The Dust. He explained that it had special properties and that we would learn in time how to use it.

We Creepers could not thank this creature enough. We wanted to know more about him, learn his secrets, everything. So we asked him to stay in Creeptopolis.

Let me....ponder...... was his nervous reply.

Before he could respond, everyone in Creeptopolis turned to the far wall, listening intently for the strange sound hailing from its direction:

Thud. Thud! BANG!

Fear spread through my body as I gazed through the mist, and felt myself resetting...

Day 25

Before I write this entry into my Diary, I would first like to note that I do not know whether to call this entry "Day 25", or "Day 24.5". The Resetter in the middle of Creeptopolis had caused me to reset mere seconds after I had faded away, meaning it was day time, and not a new day for me...technically. From here on in my Diary, I will find some other method of labelling the time.

Chaos.

Creeptopolis exploded into terrible chaos.

It started with a single explosion - I remember wondering if a brother had exploded in defense. Screams ripped through the mist, now surrounding all Creepers in the city. No one knew what was going on - we could only each stand and hear our brothers fall.

I remember when I first saw them.

"Them!?" I remember thinking. My body became numb as four near-identical Creatures, or "Humans" as Farash had called them, spread out in front of me. They all bore the same pointy object that had once killed me, and I backed away. They seemed to be after me specifically - this raised so many questions.

"Do they know about Creeptopolis? How do they know, if they do? What are they doing? Why are they after me? Why are they after me?"

They closed in. The mist had cleared, and I could see many Creepers cowering on the plains of the park, all looking to me for support. One Human saw the Resetter, and walked over to it. He removed the block underneath it, and lifted both it and the Resetter, carrying them in his arms.

"|No!" I cried inside my head as the sickening realisation of what they planned set in.

I turned to my Creeper bretherin - the three other Elders were there, unable to move. I looked down at them all, and shouted "I will be back!" They just stood there.

Fwip!

The farmilliar sound of a Skeleton's bow passed my head. One of the Humans - the closest to me - fell to the floor in pain, an arrow protruding from his chest. He said something in a garbled voice, and then disappeared. The Humans looked uncomfortable - they could not see Farash, and were afraid of the arrows striking again.

I heard a battle cry from behind me. Farash launched through the air, striking one more Human down with a pointy object and landing in front of the other two. He said something in the same language they used, and proceeded to strike one in the chest with the pointy object.

The Humans must have been too shocked to react, for the last remaining just stood there, as full of fear as myself and my Creeper bretherin on the plains.

Farash relented one final word to the Human, and spun quickly. I do not know what he did, but by the time he was facing me again, the Human was no longer between us.

He now spoke to me in words I understood:

"I...stay...Human...protect..."

He walked away with the Resetter, and placed it back in its rightful place.

The whole attack had lasted less than five minutes - The sun was still only just setting.

The silence in Creeptopolis chilled me to the bone.

26th Night

The silence had lasted 'till sundown. We had all reset back into Creeptopolis at the end of the day, which was a strange feeling. We reset in exactly the same place we had been standing before, which was nice I guess. It was just like blinking.

The reset only served to make things more awkward. We stood there, in our individual places, completely unable to think of what to do now. Creeptopolis had been found - and not just by the threat we thought we faced - by many Humans.

It was this revelation that chilled us most, I think. The thought of four of the creatures we considered all-powerful, four who knew where we were!

No one in Creeptopolis was unmoved.

At the advent of the moon, Applecore approached me. He spoke in a solemn tone, and I knew he bore a terrible thought.

"What now, Jonno?"

"I don't know, my friend. We need to call a meeting, with all the Elders...and we need Farash to be there."

And so it was done. We Elders met with Farash, to devise a plan.

After what seemed an age of talking, Moocman summed it up for us.

"Two options face us, company. We must either flee from Creeptopolis, never to return, or we must build a strong line of defense."

"The advantage of fleeing would be safety from the Humans, at least temporarily." I said.

Duffman interjected - "But the disadvantage is that if we do try to rebuild and the Humans find us and attack early, we will be in an even worse position than we are in now to defend. This was only luck, after al..." He nodded at Farash, who nodded back.

"Ok then, so the advantage of building a line of defense is obvious - we already have something to build on."

"But", Applecore said, "We would be staying in a position that the Humans are aware of, and we would be subject to relentless attack."

So this is where we were. Two suggestions, neither particularly advantageous.

I turned to the Skeleton.

"Farash, you haven't said a word this entire time...what do you think?

"Human avoid...Creeptopolis abandon...rebuild quick...I help from start..."

"You really think we should move?"

"Yes...human....avoid....."

I trusted this age-old being. He seemed to know what he was speaking about.

"We must address the people of Creeptopolis"

We called a meeting in the usual fashion - we stood on our podium, this time with a new addition, and the Creepers were below. We each spoke in tandem, the same way we did on a much more glorious day not too long ago.

I began. "We Creepers tried, we tried so hard..."

Applecore continued - "We tried to live in peace, in safety and in hope."

Moocman spoke next. "The recent attack tells us that we failed." The mood in the crowd dropped dramatically.

Duffman spoke the penultimate line - "But Creepers here me, for there is hope!"

And finally, Farash: "Creeptopolis....move...tonight!"

With Farash's last line, the mood picked up in the crowd. Murmurs spread through, and a buzz filled the air.

Farash had said it perfectly - we were moving, and the work began tonight.

[/hide]

I didn't write it, but you can find the thread HERE. I'll probably post more every time he adds one or a few.

vizardsig-1.png

Diary of a Creeper, 26th-27th days

26th Day

By the time we reset for the daytime (reference - when the sun had hit the top of the sky), we had prepared to move. Farash had done most of the work - collecting raw materials; salvaging what he could from the homes and the buildings; gathering the Resetter. He told us it was important we move quickly and place the Resetter before the time at which we reset, or face resetting in random places at the wrong time, like before we had even heard of it.

The Elders and I announced to the Creepers around the time the sun began to set that we were ready to leave. With hope in their stride, Creepers filed up the Great Stairway and out the exit. It was a depressing sight, an empty Creeptopolis, but I knew its perils would not be in vain. I asked for one moment alone with the haven I had created before I left. The other Elders left.

"Goodbye, Creeptopolis." I called to the emptiness.

As I turned to leave this place, possibly forever, I heard something I did not expect to hear - the city had said "goodbye" to me!

I reeled in shock - this could not be the case! My eyes searched, and found something believable. A lone creeper stood on the podium in front of the park, looking up at me. The firm set with which he was standing told me he was not leaving. I thought it best not to argue - if this was his choice, then so be it. I will not dictate to my kind.

And so we left Creeptopolis. The first creation of Creepers in history had been ransacked and ruined by a band of just four well-prepared Humans.

"Never again" I vowed, with passion and anger in my heart.

Farash lead the group, along with Applecore, Rugby and I. Rugby's zombies followed at the back of the pack with Moocman and Duffman, and it was the zombies who did all of the lifting. Each carried at least its own weight in materials and tools to help with this new settlement.

We travelled for the entire day, wandering as far as possible in one direction - being careful not to walk in circles.

As the sun touched the mountains behind us, Farash built the resetter on a patch of land, and we decided to continue travelling through the night.

As I felt myself resetting, I saw a red glimmer in the distance that I was unfamilliar with. The glowing eyes of a new creature were sure to brighten up the night to come...

27th Night

I opened my eyes to the same scene I closed them to. This was, once again, a strange feeling. Either way, I had a new interest - the eight glowing red eyes.

I pointed it out to Farash, who nearly jumped with joy. He raced ahead, telling us to wait.

Applecore and I watched as he fired his bow once into the creature's back, then proceeded to mount it and begin to ride it. The creature seemed to bow to the Skeleton's will, and did not fight back. Farash rode back to us, and said only one word:

"Spider..."

We were all very interested in the Spider. We had never seen one before, after all, and I remember thinking that Farash's ability to control them might come in useful one day.

Around mid-night, as the moon reached the pinnacle of its arc in the sky, we found our new home. The entire convoy stopped dead when we saw it - there was no doubt it was perfect!

Sixty-nine Creepers, Eleven zombies and one Skeleton atop a Spider all stood and gazed upwards, for our new home was not of this world. A huge stretch of land, at least three times the size of Creeptopolis in whole, hung there in the sky, floating. None of us could explain it, but we all knew it would be both safe, and interesting.

Farash devised a plan to get up there quickly. He and the zombies quickly erected a stairway from the top of a nearby hill, giving us access to this strange floating island. The surface was just like any other piece of land, but digging too deep would be a danger. A Creeptopolis we would not have, but the freedom of living in open air would give many Creepers the release they needed after recent events.

We began our new civilization by setting the Resetter atop a shrine of sorts, made of stone.

I called a general meeting, and we Elders christened this island: Providence.

A flicker of Creeper community spirit had been reignited this night, and we once again looked to the future.

This was my last thought of the night:

"I wonder how long it will be, before we are truly happy again..."

Somewhere at the back of my thoughts, I heard a response echo into the distance:

"...and until we can strike back...

Also here is a giant Ecotower I constructed, took a few days. It has trees and grass growing on top, and also functions as a lighthouse AND a base. Since there is grass growing on top of it, animals spawn. Giant tower+ animals- you can guess what happens...

watchtower.png

watchtowernight.png

vizardsig-1.png

Question... People have made Minas Tirith, Kanto, and the Earth... Has anyone made the Runescape world yet? THAT would take some skill imo.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

minecraftschtuff.th.jpg

Started a new world yesterday since I couldn't for the life of me find any decent cave systems on my previous one, and the terrain was mostly flat. This one has huge mountains and open caves everywhere. There's one cave system in the same mountain as my "fortress", and it's so far taken me about an hour all in all to explore and mine all the resources I've found in it, and it still just goes deeper and deeper!

So yeah. I started building this glass shield-sphere thing mostly because monsters always spawned right outside my door, or would drop down on me when I ventured outside my cave. And it looks quite nice (this pic doesn't really make it justice)! Not quite done yet though.

2009rb9.jpg

minecraftschtuff.th.jpg

Started a new world yesterday since I couldn't for the life of me find any decent cave systems on my previous one, and the terrain was mostly flat. This one has huge mountains and open caves everywhere. There's one cave system in the same mountain as my "fortress", and it's so far taken me about an hour all in all to explore and mine all the resources I've found in it, and it still just goes deeper and deeper!

So yeah. I started building this glass shield-sphere thing mostly because monsters always spawned right outside my door, or would drop down on me when I ventured outside my cave. And it looks quite nice (this pic doesn't really make it justice)! Not quite done yet though.

Nice base so far. I really don't like the door thing with the farm, aesthetically wise. Purpose works wonders. You should try using wood blocks as I believe they appear to connect to the fence, would make it look a little nicer, but its great so far.

Also, here is a reskin of the Skeleton if anyone wants it.

skeletonreskin.png

vizardsig-1.png

minecraftschtuff.th.jpg

Nice base so far. I really don't like the door thing with the farm, aesthetically wise. Purpose works wonders. You should try using wood blocks as I believe they appear to connect to the fence, would make it look a little nicer, but its great so far.

skeletonreskin.png

Thanks! Yeah, the door looks awful, but right now I'm more about practicality than having to destroy + rebuild a wood block each time I'm entering my farm, heh. I'm quite certain Notch will be adding gates in a future update though, seeing as how a lot of people are complaining about the lack of one.

So I've added a rounded-off glass roof to my project now, so it's basically done. Trying to think of some kind of statue/monument-type thing to add on top of it because it looks quite flat. Guess I'll look through the Minecraft screenshot thread for inspiration.

Btw, anybody got any tips on rooms to add to my cave? I've so far only got a "cooking, crafting, melting room" as well as a storage room. But yeah, I'd like to expand it!

2009rb9.jpg

minecraftschtuff.th.jpg

skeletonreskin.png

Thanks! Yeah, the door looks awful, but right now I'm more about practicality than having to destroy + rebuild a wood block each time I'm entering my farm, heh. I'm quite certain Notch will be adding gates in a future update though, seeing as how a lot of people are complaining about the lack of one.

So I've added a rounded-off glass roof to my project now, so it's basically done. Trying to think of some kind of statue/monument-type thing to add on top of it because it looks quite flat. Guess I'll look through the Minecraft screenshot thread for inspiration.

Btw, anybody got any tips on rooms to add to my cave? I've so far only got a "cooking, crafting, melting room" as well as a storage room. But yeah, I'd like to expand it!

Try adding a Testing lab for Redstone. Messing with it during the night, you could come up with some interesting things.

Also I suggested this on the Minecraft forums.

[hide]

Seeing the possibility the of the current mobs, I have thought of something which could add a large new factor. What if you could play as one of the mobs? What if you could be a skeleton riding a spider attacking others? I know this wouldn't come anytime soon, but it could be implemented in the future.

In this game mode, there is people who are humans, attempting to survive like normal. There is also people who are one of several mobs, which are suppose to kill the humans. Each one would have an extra ability which AI mobs lack in order to balance them out with survivors.

------------------------------------------------Mobs------------------------------------------------

- When spawning as a mob you become any one randomly. To find out which mob you are a sound cue plays, such as a Creeper hiss or a Zombie moan. A small icon appears in the middle above the Inventory bar.

(Example, meat.png =Health, blank.png =Inventory space mobcreeper.png/ mobskeleton.png / mobzombie.png = Which mob.

meat.pngmeat.pngmeat.pngmeat.pngmeat.png > mobzombie.png <

blank.pngblank.pngblank.pngblank.pngblank.pngblank.pngblank.pngblank.pngblank.pngblank.pngblank.pngblank.png

Zombie: A zombie is a slow, but as a Human once before its... Transformation, it has an ability which Humans have.

Abilities: The zombie is able to use place down and destroy blocks, it is able to use tools(excluding weapons) but is unable to craft anything. With it's bare fist it is able to destroy stone blocks at the same speed as a human, but is able to collect them also. Zombies also have the ability to infect animal mobs. When they kill an animal such as a cow, it may become aggressive and can attack humans. It would have a rotted/greenish hue on it's body.

Speed: 80% of a Human

_______

Skeleton: The skeleton is slow but has special abilities which gives it special advantages, but also has disadvantages.

Abilities: The skeleton is unable to place and destroy normal blocks(Things such as chest and furnaces they are able to), but is able to craft items (blocks/other on the ground from Zombies)and is able to loot chest. It has unlimited arrows and doesn't need a bow, but has a second delay in between shots. It is able to use a special block in a case, if it sacrifices one heart it can create a bone ladder, which can be used to climb. Only the skeleton is able to place a Bone Ladder.

Speed: 70% of a Human

_______

Creeper: The creeper is slightly different from other, it's abilities are closest to the AI Creeper but with a twist.

Abilities: The Creeper still has an explosion like the AI Creeper. The strength of the explosion is random; from 10%-150% the strength of an AI explosion, the higher the Creeper's health the explosion is more likely to be stronger. (if at full health, the strength can be 50%-150%. At one heart it is 10%-60%)

The Creeper also has an explosive meter. The meter is affected from the above factors and several more. Factors: Daylight, (the more intense the daylight the explosive meter is lower.) Health, and what I will call "Slime Factor."

The creeper has a very special ability, it is able to spawn slimes around it in darkness. When a Creeper spawns slimes, it lowers the explosive meter by 1 bar permanently (until the Creeper explodes.) It is able to spawn medium slimes every 10 seconds, from 1 to 5 randomly. It can keep spawning them until the Explosive bar is gone, in which case the Creeper fuse is gone :(.

Speed: 90% of a Human.

Each mobs has universal abilities normal mobs lack of course.

Spider-Riding: Each one is able to tame a spider and ride them, through the possibility the spider will reject the offer and attack the mob. Probability of taming: Skeleton-85%, Zombie-70%, Creeper-50% Taming the spider will allow the mob to ride it and control it, giving it a higher jump height and faster movement.

Healing- Mobs can't use food, but they heal by darkness. They need to be surrounded by darkness from every side in order to begin healing, which is 3x as slow as the peaceful healing rate. If they have recently been damaged they will not heal for 10 seconds. The Skeleton's Bone Ladder ability Permanently removes it's ability to regain said heart.

Daytime: Unlike their AI mobs cousins, Zombies and Skeletons can withstand light... To an extent. If they are in sunlight for more then 5-10 seconds, they begin to burn. They will keep burning unless they get into darkness again, but they will keep burning for the same amount of time as when a Human is lit on fire.

Night-vision- In the night mobs have an ability to see in the dark, with the strength of light equivalent to that of say, a few blocks away from a torch. It works to an extent underwater.

Breath and Fall Damage: When they are underwater they are able to hold their breath for the equivalent to 5 bubbles more. They also receive 30% reduced fall damage compared to a Human.

Blood sense- The mobs are able to use a special vision, which shows a red outline of a Human through blocks. The distance of being able to see a human is 100 blocks away. It flashes occasionally.

Mobs will spawn randomly in darkness up to 100 blocks or so from a human.

_______

Humans are still the same, but to compensate slightly for the Human controlled Mobs they start out with light gear. 5 Dirt blocks, 10 Sticks, Half damaged wooden axe, 5 torches, and a piece of raw ham. New humans joining the server will be immune to damage for 5 seconds, the avoid being ambushed by a mob waiting at the spawn. (The other humans should protect and build a base there of course.)

[/hide]

Tell me what you think. It could be an interesting concept.

vizardsig-1.png

Diary of a Creeper-

35th Night

This has to be the first time since we found Providence that I have had the time to sit down and write for my Diary. These eight days have been incredible, and much has changed in the Creeper community.

The biggest change is, obviously, that Creepers can now roam freely in the day time. The Zombies and Farash have to hide inside the community buildings when the sun is out, but this was easy to organise. Having this newfound freedom, all Creepers cheered up a great much, somewhat getting over the tragic loss of our first dwelling place.

Then, thanks to Ryan, to whom we owe so much, we have a small city on Providence. Ryan helped us find minerals and rare materials that would provide extra defense should we ever be attacked again.

I have also changed over these past eight days. When we found providence I had anger in my heart. This was not me - I don't even know how I could have come to be like that regardless of the wrongs I had suffered - and Ryan changed that for me. Everyone except Ryan wanted what I wanted, and saw reason for it. It was through Ryan's very logical reasoning and my own desire to keep hold of who I am that I banished the hatred and the anger in me.

Sure, the humans destroyed the first dwelling place of the entirely peaceful Creepers, and attempted to capture me and the Resetter, but the way I see it, they had a reason. For all I know, we are the enemy to them - this problem could be solved by communication.

As such, Providence has been built with strong defense, but there is no way on the island to harm anything and all weapons are banned besides those used in the zombies' livestock raids.

Creepers are peaceful, and we will not let that change.

Thank you Ryan.

Tonight I called a general meeting in the commonplace (a large stone circle in the centre of the island). I wanted to announce something to Creeper kind.

Ryan took his usual place beside Moocman, and Applecore stood next to me. Duffman was between Applecore and Moocman. Farash was on my other side, and Rugby was beside him.

I looked out upon the sea of Creepers below me. My eyes wandered to the incredible overhang in the distance, and the cascading waterfalls masking the opening. The clouds kissed the tops of the mountains and great swathes of flowers grew on the hills. This truly was a beautiful place.

I turned to my two immediate sides, glancing at my most trusted friends - Farash and Applecore. They nodded at me, but said nothing.

I stepped forward.

"Creepers hear me, one and all. A great treasure has befallen our people courtesy of Ryan. This is the most valuable thing we have ever seen besides the Resetter, and I hope that this finally allows you all to accept him into our community. He has done so much for us already, let's not forget the methods we now have of controlling the ticking..."

Farash held up the small blue gem, and the crowd was awe-struck by the brilliant colour and amazing reflections it caused in the light.

Ryan now stepped forward to speak. No one in the crowd spoke out.

"It is an honour to finally be a part of your community, and I thank you for accepting me. My own kind are not violent - they are misguided. They are taught the mis-truths at birth and venture out into the world, not trying to launch crusades, but only seeking to survive by the ways taught to them."

The crowd seemed to nod in unison to this man who had done so much for us.

"It is now Jonno's belief that we should communicate with the creatures that destroyed your land. I second this belief. We should not engage in violent conduct - it will only cause more problems."

"I too, agree" added Farash.

"As do I" shouted Rugby and Applecore together.

The other Elders just nodded at the crowd, who began to murmur.

I could tell that there was still a sense of anger in the community, but like me they seemed accepting, for in what was possibly the quitest moment ever spent on Providence, they too nodded.

It was decided.

Our community of seventy Creepers; eleven Zombies; one Spider; one Skeleton and one Human, would not seek revenge. We would strive to communicate, and thanks to Ryan we had a chance.

We had already proven, this night, that it was possible for Humans and Creepers to live in peace.

As I closed the meeting, my eyes brushed the landscape, now lit with dawn. New features could be seen and I revelled at its beauty.

A familliar feeling crept up inside me - of pride for what I had achieved. This time, I had friends to thank and a stable promise of peace to uphold.

The crowd reeled in shock quite suddenly.

I turned to Farash, to ask why. His face lit up as soon as I did so, and he lifed a block of glass in front of me.

I had to look twice at my reflection

"My face...no...surely I am seeing things...."

I was smiling!

vizardsig-1.png

Just spent the past two or so hours working on a cool as hell demon-skull monument on top of my mountain fortress, without fly hacks or anything, building giant scaffolds out of dirt so I could reach around the corners, and then suddenly I couldn't stack any more cobblestones. The sky limit had been reached. Nggghhhhh!!

Excuse me while I go re-evaluate my life.

edit: Zilla, I think Notch mentioned in a blogpost that he'll be adding PvP in the future. And it'll probably work a lot like the way you described.

2009rb9.jpg