Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Minecraft General

• Please log in to reply
3074 replies to this topic

Zilla
[ Display Name History ]

Zilla

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Roflzilla
  • Clan:Unknown

You can download the map Here. Feel free to go nuts with fire. If you don't know how to download maps for survival there is a few guides on how to do it.

It is very fun to burn...

Holy crap, how did you get that tree so big?

I want a treehouse as well.

Also, I'd totally be game for a TIF server. I'm not much of an architect, but I'm good at gathering resources!

I didn't build it, I should have clarified that, I copied what some guy posted on the Minecraft Forums to share with you guys. If you want to make it grow that big simply plant trees on another tree, and extend outwards. then Just mess around and make a tree house.

Also- http://www.minecraft.net/stats.jsp

In the last 24 hours, 12708 people registered, and 2687 people bought the game.

Almost 30k Euro a day.
Posted Image

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
And the best part is that the dude(s) behind the game are getting it all to themsel(ves).

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Azvareth
[ Display Name History ]

Azvareth

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

And the best part is that the dude(s) behind the game are getting it all to themsel(ves).

It's one guy (who's from my city Posted Image).

And he's currently in the U.S. having a chat with some company called Valve.

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts

With Gabe's persuaive powers, I could see Minecraft on steam.

And then I'll say, I KNEW ABOUT MINECRAFT BEFORE IT WAS COOL
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Zilla
[ Display Name History ]

Zilla

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts

With Gabe's persuaive powers, I could see Minecraft on steam.

And then I'll say, I KNEW ABOUT MINECRAFT BEFORE IT WAS COOL

I also heard rumors that Notch might be hiring some people also to work on the game. That would speed up development greatly.

I can hardly wait for him to add Biomes too. Imagine spawning in a nice friendly lush forest; with mountains on all sides... There is a problem through, beyond the mountains is what appears to be deserts and lava traps surrounding your little haven for as far as you can see, filled with many dangerous mobs.
Posted Image

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts
If there's one thing that makes this game interesting, it's the underground systems.

I've spent the past five hours mapping out a massive cave system. I've used no less than 200 torches so far, and I've hit diamonds. I ended up breaking through a hole in the ground... Just to find something I didn't expect. It's true hell down here. There are dragon-like demons down here. I've even postponed the tunnel on my fort I was digging because of this This place is rich in materials like iron, gold, even flint...

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts
Posted Image

I made a megaman :D

Zilla
[ Display Name History ]

Zilla

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts

If there's one thing that makes this game interesting, it's the underground systems.

I've spent the past five hours mapping out a massive cave system. I've used no less than 200 torches so far, and I've hit diamonds. I ended up breaking through a hole in the ground... Just to find something I didn't expect. It's true hell down here. There are dragon-like demons down here. I've even postponed the tunnel on my fort I was digging because of this This place is rich in materials like iron, gold, even flint...

Nice Megaman, Pixel art is too hard for me through. I always mess up. I've encountered a huge cave system a few times; I remember finding one on a map, decided to stop exploring it for now. About 2.5mb distance away (which is pretty big) I found another huge system, while exploring I discovered torches ahead Confused as I was in Single Player, I noticed that the cave system stretched extremely far across my map.
Posted Image

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
Wait, dragon like enemies? I thought there were only skeletons, spiders, zombies, and slimes right now. Maybe one of the secret updates?

Anyway I don't have a whole lot of time to play this game so when I do I mostly hax. Currently building a BCD to 7 segment LED display circuit, using INVedit and MCedit to help (really, really CBA to clear a huge space for the circuit manually). I'll post when I'm done, should be epic :thumbup: Maybe next I'll build a calculator, though that sounds really damned scary. The above mentioned circuit is massive and complicated enough. And if anyone ever does build a calculator, it will probably be really slow because of all the repeater delays... crossing my fingers that Notch will eventually release a wire variant (maybe redstone in a glass tube) that travels farther. And ofc wires that go up walls <_<

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts
Just bought the Alpha version, and I have no idea what to do.

I... kinda walked around for a couple of days, found out about the Inventory/Crafting menu, made myself some stone tools, mined a tonne of stone/coal.

And then at night I'm wandering around in the dark looking for a place to start building a house or something...

And then moaning starts. Fffffffuuu.

Since I've only ever played the creative one before, I freaked out and started just randomly sticking torches to trees and the ground, trying to light up the area. Moaning stops. Phew. I regather all my torches, and then the moaning starts again and I get 3-shot.

I hate nighttime.
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

Azvareth
[ Display Name History ]

Azvareth

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts

Just bought the Alpha version, and I have no idea what to do.

I... kinda walked around for a couple of days, found out about the Inventory/Crafting menu, made myself some stone tools, mined a tonne of stone/coal.

And then at night I'm wandering around in the dark looking for a place to start building a house or something...

And then moaning starts. Fffffffuuu.

Since I've only ever played the creative one before, I freaked out and started just randomly sticking torches to trees and the ground, trying to light up the area. Moaning stops. Phew. I regather all my torches, and then the moaning starts again and I get 3-shot.

I hate nighttime.

This guy's commentary videos are really helpful in the beginning, and convinced me (as well as thousands of others) to buy the game: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4bh4EexJO4I
Just running around aimlessly in the beginning will probably turn you off the game rather quickly (it would me, anyway!).

Also check out Minepedia's Crafting article. Shows you how to craft everything in the game.

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
I got it, heres the pack if anyone is interested.
Posted Image
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Zilla
[ Display Name History ]

Zilla

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 862 posts

I got it, heres the pack if anyone is interested.
Posted Image

Oddly enough, I use the same pack :grin:
Posted Image

Azvareth
[ Display Name History ]

Azvareth

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
In case nobody's seen this

Probably just Photoshop'd etc. but kinda creepy nonetheless!

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
Zombie reskin.
But it still creeps me out..

nine naked men
[ Display Name History ]

nine naked men

Chief Beef

• Members
  • 5,556 posts

In case nobody's seen this

Probably just Photoshop'd etc. but kinda creepy nonetheless!

Haha, that's pretty awesome.

Was doing pretty good on my guy. Found myself a nice little place to start a cave (trees, natural cave systems, etc) and started digging a staircase-kinda cave, expanding it out every 20ish or so steps. Eventually I hit a piece of rock which I couldn't break, which was weird, because they always just covered the entire ground with no breaks in Creative, and these ones were uneven. Shrugged, kept digging and then [bleep]ing lava everywhere. D: So now I have a bottom floor filled with lava. I expanded it into my little villainous lair, and put a furnace/workbench/chest down there. Found diamonds and gold, which was pretty awesome... until I destroyed a gold block without an Iron pick, which gave me nothing. : <

So I went down into one of the other cave systems to find some iron. I did, and spent a while just mining it out and hunting for more, and stuff. And those places are creepy. Full of moaning and the skeleton bone-rattling noises... are there actually monsters down there? I didn't see any, which was probably what made it so creepy. So I get out, make myself some Iron tools and armour, then head into another one. Find some Iron and some Gold, so yay.

I come out, it's nighttime. ;_; I try and run over to my base, but a green thing sees me. I shrug and go to kill it, and then it explodes, killing me. Sadface.

And now I've respawned and I have no idea where my base is, so I'm just wandering around aimlessly. D:

Tl;dr, is there anyway to see like a map of the generated world? >_>
FBqTDdL.jpg
sleep like dead men
wake up like dead men

Neos_Matrix
[ Display Name History ]

Neos_Matrix

X-TET

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • RSN:ElricEdward
  • RSN2:Tet Null 355
  • Clan:Ex-TET Member
Do you guys play Minecraft Alpha or Classic? I can't tell the difference and its dragging me in to play <_<

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Orpheus
[ Display Name History ]

Orpheus

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,783 posts
The purchased version is Alpha, and the free one is Classic.

Peronix
[ Display Name History ]

Peronix

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,729 posts
Man, that took a while...

Posted Image

Takes like 3-5 seconds to update lol. I found another guy who did this on YT, and his circuit was much smaller... may be because mine has a blanker, his probably didn't.

Neos_Matrix
[ Display Name History ]

Neos_Matrix

X-TET

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • RSN:ElricEdward
  • RSN2:Tet Null 355
  • Clan:Ex-TET Member

The purchased version is Alpha, and the free one is Classic.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but which one do you guys play on? <_<

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users