Minecraft General

demby123

I'd like to play but damned if I can get the alpha to work :(.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

I'd like to play but damned if I can get the alpha to work :(.

Do you have the latest Java applicants? That might be the last thing I can think of that might be wrong.

Also for everyone, I hope notch adds full Custom sound support, or makes it overall more interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr_sWpGx7L0

Imagine Spelunking, hearing eerie sounds playing, water dripping, rocks cracking and falling, and footsteps paired with grunts every now and then. It would make me far more paranoid, and it would make it amazing.

vizardsig-1.png

OK, notch has GOT to add a biome like this.

pineforest.png

Made with MC Mapdeleter, which is a program that can delete chunks from the world... and also generate pine forests, for some reason. Thread here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=26733

It looks even better in the snow. And it's pretty terrifying at night (at least when you're not playing on peaceful).

OK, notch has GOT to add a biome like this.

pineforest.png

Made with MC Mapdeleter, which is a program that can delete chunks from the world... and also generate pine forests, for some reason. Thread here: http://www.minecraft...hp?f=25&t=26733

It looks even better in the snow. And it's pretty terrifying at night (at least when you're not playing on peaceful).

8KuHI.png

So... So true. Also apparently the Friday update was delayed, but to compensate it Notch gave us a very great gift... Or soon at least.

Seecret Saturday update!? Also' date=' tutorials.[/b']

I need rest! (technically food and beer) I'll finish the update tomorrow instead.

I'll add crouching, which will prevent you from walking over an edge, to make up for the late release. :D

I had an interesting idea on how to teach people the crafting in Minecraft. The first thing that's needed in any case is something that tells the player to press "I" to access the inventory. Once that is up, there could be a small "recipy" icon in the upper right corner. Pressing that opens up a tech tree with everything except wood planks grayed out into mysterious question marks. Hovering the wood planks shows the recipy (tree trunk -> wood planks!), and if the player completes that recipy he unlocks the next recipes in the tech tree thing. The recipes link into each other in somewhat logical ways, and can be non-crafting things like showing that a better pickaxe is requires to get ore, or that ore in a furnace produces ingots.

Note that you don't actually HAVE to unlock anything in the tech tree to be able to craft those things, it's just meant as a way to show people what can be made, and add some kind of exploration to it.

Once we have achievements, one of them can be for completing the entire crafting tech tree. :D

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1138010174/seecret-saturday-update-also-tutorials#disqus_thread

vizardsig-1.png

fortressq.png

Outside of my fortress. Added a tower and a "demon" statue to my fortress. icon_razz.gif The statue is supposed to have horns as well, but I've reached the sky limit, so waiting for when Notch is doubling the limit. Didn't use fly or god mode hacks or anything like that, so the random dirt blocks you see crowding the sky are scaffolds that I've had to built.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to make the tower look old and "war-torn". I'm quite happy with the result.

Everything is connected via underground tunnels and hubs, as well!

2009rb9.jpg

Showed my brother this game, then he went off and got dad to buy it for him. It's pretty cool. But I've only played it a little this morning, and I built a hole, then it turned night, so I went to fight me some explosive zombie llamas. I died. ;_;

EDIT: [cabbage] THIS GAME IS AWESOME.

And I haven't even found anything to mine well with. I've started work on an above water base made of dirt. Awww yeah. Might head back to my underground one to start a mine there. Or I might just fill it in, as the only slightly decent thing I've gotten is some of that dodgy gravel rock shizz that I can't use for anything.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Well I decided to take advantage of the free period and try out this game. Things started okay. I got some wood and was looking for some coal.. but then I accidentally fell into a hole and it turned nightfall. During night (I couldn't see a thing), I was trying to get out (bad idea). I ended up getting even more stuck and now, I see that I am surrounded by at least 7 blocks high of stone with nothing but a couple planks and some tree leaves..... I can't get out.

1icyna.png

Well I decided to take advantage of the free period and try out this game. Things started okay. I got some wood and was looking for some coal.. but then I accidentally fell into a hole and it turned nightfall. During night (I couldn't see a thing), I was trying to get out (bad idea). I ended up getting even more stuck and now, I see that I am surrounded by at least 7 blocks high of stone with nothing but a couple planks and some tree leaves..... I can't get out.

You can break through stone barehanded, it just takes a while.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I broke down and tried this. Will probably buy the full game.

So do you guys know a good custom server I can run? I just want something simple where I can have monster damage working and stuff. :thumbup:

I broke down and tried this. Will probably buy the full game.

So do you guys know a good custom server I can run? I just want something simple where I can have monster damage working and stuff. :thumbup:

That's not actually programmed to function in multiplayer yet, if I'm not mistaken. Can anyone confirm this?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Nah he sucks.

I can't wait for monster damage and all that though, will make multiplayer a lot more interesting. Still having a lot of fun with my server I made so far (which is me, Elk and a couple of friends so far on it.).

Made an awesome base in the hills, I look out and see my other building attempts, haha. Gonna start a mine next go, but I have to head a few bits back or otherwise I'll dig straight through and fall to my death. :-D

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Got minecraft 2 days ago, for free. I'll buy it when my time has expired on it. Notch was doing a free weekend. Anyway, i'm really loving it. I made my base underwater, and mobs can't get in :D. I'm playing on easy, to be fair.

Just got lost down the biggest cave system i've found so far. Found diamonds though, and gold. Lots and lots of lava. There was also a room with two chests. Very lucky, though it took me ages to get out. I had really badly placed my torches.

lampost_sig_stark.png