demby123

Minecraft General

Just finished a HUGE project. THE projects, to be precise. Contains 520 apartments, and 104 additional rooms.

Weren't you building New York?

Being a pizza delievery driver, I get to see a large variety of homes and apartment complexes. The richer houses around here have courtyards in them and some of the apartment complexes have very nice walkways/parks. Makes me want to go back into Minecraft and build cities like I used to...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I really gotta get this.

I've been working on a huge tower recently on a friend's iPod, but I have these epic plans for a bunch of cities and even a model of Bag End to be built if I can ever figure out how to make Minecraft work on my computer. (for those of you unfamiliar with Lord of the Rings, Bag End is the home of one of the characters)

Can a really laggy internet connection prevent you from playing the demo?

Supporter of Treasure Trails and can't stand non-matching armor.

I don't know about the demo, but if you're playing the full game in single player, you only need your internet connection for long enough to log into your account and check for updates. And even then, you can just play in offline mode, which is exactly the same, minus custom skins and stat tracking, as far as I know.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Heh, a few minutes after I made that post, I went into the demo, shut off fancy graphics, and bingo, it worked.

Try to get it soon...

Supporter of Treasure Trails and can't stand non-matching armor.

Wow, MultiMC is a wonderful tool. Makes installing mods so easy...well, it was easy before, it just was a pain if you found an incompatibility. Plenty O'Biomes is just absolutely beautiful, probably the best mod ever made.

After I get some mods I think I'm set to return to Minecraft. 8-)

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I usually just use a mod pack. I used to use the Technic one but I switched over to the Plus Plus Launcher because it has Plus Sigma which is like the Yogbox but it's actually supported.

If it wasn't for stuff that does it all for me I would probably never use a mod and a logical extension of that would be me never playing Minecraft again.

Plus Sigma is rad though everyone should play it. Though it has some weird bugs.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Thought I would link this here to gauge interest.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1688283-need-some-advice-and-help-have-some-large-ambitions-runescape-modserver/#entry20902104

What do people think about the runescape mod and a server based around it?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Looks like a really neat idea 999. Minecraft with a RuneScapy feel, and it would be nice to have such a mod that is quite comprehensive. Any plans to add things like a magic and runecrafting skill, maybe making your own alters to make runes for spell casting, and a way to research better spells and wands to cast them (thinking a bit of thaumcraft right now).

Needs dragons and boats though.

Popoto.~<3

Looks like a really neat idea 999. Minecraft with a RuneScapy feel, and it would be nice to have such a mod that is quite comprehensive. Any plans to add things like a magic and runecrafting skill, maybe making your own alters to make runes for spell casting, and a way to research better spells and wands to cast them (thinking a bit of thaumcraft right now).

I have been debating it, but have been leaning more towards just using different staffs for spells.

Would be difficult to balance, and very difficult to make a nice gui and enough nice different spells.

If the mod took off really well, and other people where doing a lot of the easier basic stuff like making item textures/mob models(NPCS) could focus on something like that.

As for dragons, might make one but its very hard, that minecraft dragon has about 20 different files related to it.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Currently busy with a replica of Charlemagnes Palace in Aachen :)

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Has there been ANY news as to when 1.5 is getting released? It was apparently supposed to happen late January.

Popoto.~<3

I'm playing hardcore superflat mode and am in the process of building a massive wooden castle that I've already spent over five hours on.

This is going to end in tears when I [bleep] up and get killed by a creeper.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

So I had a stab at tekkit's Volt.

...suffice to say, there are now 5 black holes pushing across the landscape...

Popoto.~<3

I'm playing hardcore superflat mode and am in the process of building a massive wooden castle that I've already spent over five hours on.

This is going to end in tears when I [bleep] up and get killed by a creeper.

So if it gets hit by lightning, does the rain put it out like a tree or does it burn to the ground? The latter is funnier, but I suspect the former since my own wooden village never burned to the ground despite being located on an island that get's hit with multiple lightning strikes every other day. The new world for it doesn't get the storms though, which I sort of miss.

Lightning CAN burn a structure down, but only if the rain storm ends almost immediately after the lightning sets your house ablaze.

And I currently have three underground farms (60 squares of wheat, 40 squares of carrots, and 40 squares of potatoes) as well as a 49 tree underground tree farm that uses both glass filled tunnels to the surface for natural light and an absurd amount of torches for artificial light.

I'm treating that area as a fortress within my fortress in case of some improbable lightning strike. My storage house (filled with cobble and dirt from excavating my farms) is next to that, and bother are attached to the outer wall of my home.

Meanwhile I have a central house (7x7) which has a posh chest room and attached bedroom. That's in the center of a yard which is approximately 52x52 (it has some expanded bits because I wanted to include two nearby ponds in my yard) and is bordered by an 8 block high wooden wall (only 5 blocks high when seen from the inside because there's a ditch outside of it).

Spiders can still climb into my yard, but that's because I still need to add two layers of cobble "filler" and one more layer of wood before I add an anti-spider ledge of some sort. Anyways, the occasional random spider isn't enough to kill me.

The only door into my yard is an iron one (button operated) and is bordered by a solid obsidian frame (my house was conveniently built on top of a lava lake- yeah it's a wood house but I'm fairly sure I sealed off the lava with enough dirt) because I'm incredibly paranoid.

It's a lot of fun and I've almost reached the point where I'm immune to random bullshit deaths. (The only close call was a spider jockey, who I broke my sword against. It then managed to followed me into my farm (spider had died) and I barely escaped by building an impromptu wall in my carrot patch. Since then I've always made sure to have my hunger bar constantly maxed.

• Like 1

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

[/hide]

You've inspired me. Time to start playing Survival again.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

So I decided to try the Superflat challenge (hardcore mode, hard, superflat setting) with the desert preset.

Desert means there is no natural dirt and villagers build their homes out of sandstone instead of wood. Aka the only tools you can get (until you can find a village that has saplings in its smithy) are those you get in smithies or from drops.

My first round was going swimmingly (I had a lifetime supply of carrots and three swords along with steel armor) until I discovered a pyramid, and accidentally fell into its TNT trap.

My second run through resulted in me accidentally punching a villager just as the village golem walked by, resulting in my instant death (I had found saplings, too).

Edit: Third attempt has led to me finding 2 diamonds, a steel pick, obsidian, and some armor in the first town. Looking good!

[/hide]

Minecraft should be updating to 1.5 in the next 15 hours or so.

Popoto.~<3

So I caved in and bought the PC version as well. This game is much harder. I don't even get a map at the spawn, so I've got to dig all the way down for redstone, and the creepers don't fall for the "trap them behind two blocks" trick... they just go round them. Plus I've never really PC gamed before so the WASD controls are all very confusing. :(

FML.

So I caved in and bought the PC version as well. This game is much harder. I don't even get a map at the spawn, so I've got to dig all the way down for redstone, and the creepers don't fall for the "trap them behind two blocks" trick... they just go round them. Plus I've never really PC gamed before so the WASD controls are all very confusing. sad.gif

FML.

j0jivd.png

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Your WTC build didn't impress me that much, but that had more to do with thinking the real thing was a giant eyesore in the first place. Not that I could anything to that scale.

That, however, is ridiculously good.

So I caved in and bought the PC version as well. This game is much harder. I don't even get a map at the spawn, so I've got to dig all the way down for redstone, and the creepers don't fall for the "trap them behind two blocks" trick... they just go round them. Plus I've never really PC gamed before so the WASD controls are all very confusing. sad.gif

FML.

[hide]j0jivd.png

[/hide]

Is that what you were building in the diamondseekers server way back?

Anyway I've been doing a lot of Tekkit recently. Got the end-game items out of thaumcraft and completely finished all that stuff. That makes mining so easy and with the boots of the meteor I feel so slow at regular walking speed or even sprinting. I haven't built anything crazy yet, but i'm more of an explore type minecraft player than a builder.

I've been playing very little minecraft lately, and when I do it's about 5 minutes of the feed the beast mod and then logging off because I'm out of ideas on what to do. I haven't played vanilla since December, so maybe I'll go back to that for a little while. Although more likely I'll just try to plan out a build for my FTB world, since that has a lot more to offer me than vanilla.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

My wrist hurts just looking at that. I realized I never really took any photos of the underground complex I was working on. The railcraft stuff has still not materialized, but I've built most of what was ever going to be built inside the world anchor zone which currently encompasses much of the base except for parts of the wide open room. I'll install another one, or extend the old one, when I go to build the rail yard, but I need to get a lot further with mystcraft first.

Got some pics for the parts I haven't shown, in the hide tags this time.

Main operating room (1). Right side on the floor is the refueling pump for the lava tank, fed by the nether. Counterpart pumping station is bellow (2), powered by a redstone energy cell (for the liquid transposer which is quite a power hog). Connection is maintained by ender chest. Also of note by the fuel pump are two mfe's being fed by 5 geothermal generators embeded in the wall for IC power, as well as 3 energy cells. Two are fed from the power line and act as portable batteries of considerable power, and the third is installed as a buffer so that the base always has power.

On the left side of the floor is a basic sorting system, designed for ore drops after mining trips. Runs ores through puverizers and induction smelters, with relays leading into both to provide a buffer (no relay on the center pulverizer to ensure all 3 get used rather than just the center). It's quite fun to watch, and it works at a pretty good clip, though the entire system running at once uses a hefty amount of power.

Top left, the blue building, is the thaumcraft building, the interior found in (3). The odd floor colors designate positions for future objects. The red one to the right with the cane and wheat farm out front is the library and mystcraft room (4). The mystcraft portals are located under this building (5).

The last two pictures are the thermopile farm (6) and the powerplant for buildcraft (7). I rigged up each set of 4 engines to be independent to avoid using more lava than needed, and because I just like it that way. Kind of rendered the sentiment moot with the geothermal generators since they draw full time, though the magmatic engines consume much faster I think. The thermopile farm is a bit of a pain, mostly because thermopiles don't produce much power, and bluetricity travels quite poorly. Right now it just powers a couple sorting machines though (none of the bluetricity stuff uses much power, and everything has a buffer in addition to the battery boxes, so it all works out just fine).

[hide]

(1)20130314194356.png

(2)20130314194735.png

(3)20130314194938.png

(4)20130314195002.png

(5)20130314195018.png

(6)20130314195039.png

(7)20130314195208.png

[/hide]