Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
demby123

Minecraft General

So yeah, after watching lots of that X guy's Let's Play videos, it inspired me to start playing Minecraft again, with mobs this time. So, I started a new world, Hard difficulty. Went pretty well, I made myself a little base, got some iron weapons/tools cowhide armour, food.

Then I ventured into a massive cave I discovered under my base. Oh god. I came out with lots of iron, some redstone, four diamonds and emotional scarring. I guess the audio of my copy is messed up too, because I can only hear the mobs walking, no groans or anything. Skeletons are awful, awful creatures. And I don't make any noise when I get hit. So I'm like walking around, placing torches and stuff when there's a shuffling noise and bam I'm down like 2 hearts and freaking out. >_>

Playing with monsters and stuff is much more enjoyable than on Peaceful, however nervewracking it is. Before I was just doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff, but now I have a purpose. I still wish there were like boss mobs, similar to the dungeon/mob spawner places, but with a single tough monster that has special abilities, and he actually gives useful loot (special armour with bonuses, weapons, food). I cleared out a Skeleton dungeon and got a saddle. What.

Oh and can you make Diamond Armour? That would be cool.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Yes, yes you can. Though it's easy to lose with mobs and falling damage and not nearly as useful as a diamond tool. Though, with the right texture pack it can look pretty nice.

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png

So yeah, after watching lots of that X guy's Let's Play videos, it inspired me to start playing Minecraft again, with mobs this time. So, I started a new world, Hard difficulty. Went pretty well, I made myself a little base, got some iron weapons/tools cowhide armour, food.

Then I ventured into a massive cave I discovered under my base. Oh god. I came out with lots of iron, some redstone, four diamonds and emotional scarring. I guess the audio of my copy is messed up too, because I can only hear the mobs walking, no groans or anything. Skeletons are awful, awful creatures. And I don't make any noise when I get hit. So I'm like walking around, placing torches and stuff when there's a shuffling noise and bam I'm down like 2 hearts and freaking out. >_>

Playing with monsters and stuff is much more enjoyable than on Peaceful, however nervewracking it is. Before I was just doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff, but now I have a purpose. I still wish there were like boss mobs, similar to the dungeon/mob spawner places, but with a single tough monster that has special abilities, and he actually gives useful loot (special armour with bonuses, weapons, food). I cleared out a Skeleton dungeon and got a saddle. What.

Oh and can you make Diamond Armour? That would be cool.

Disconnect your internet for full sounds. And the saddle is for riding pigs.

16185_s.gif

Still busy on my minecraft World Trade Center :thumbup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeOxkuhtgQ4

after a long hiatus of work,i began and finished construction on WTC3 :thumbup:

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Sssssssssss

creeper.png

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Started playing Minecraft again today, I think I'll actually get into it this time around. Found some diamonds and stuff, been mining a lot but I'm not sure what to do next.

Started playing Minecraft again today, I think I'll actually get into it this time around. Found some diamonds and stuff, been mining a lot but I'm not sure what to do next.

Start building random [cabbage]. On the world I'm playing now I built a plumbing/sewer system, because why not.

There was a video I was going to post. I forgot what it was because TIF was down yesterday. I'll see if I can remember.

Found it.

This guy builds [bleep]ing awesome stuff.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I'd like to do some cool stuff with water, but I can never get it to flow the way I want it to. It seems to have its own ideas about how it wants to interact with other blocks.

FUUUUUUUUUU- There goes more supplies. Falling into lava seems to be my only death nowadays.

'Just hold shift herpderp' That time it didn't help at all. :wall:

Down six more steel.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Just got Beta, and John Smith's Texture pack, and did a sort of temple, inspired on the picture I posted earlier on this page.

42353528.png

97000453.png

68953993.png

Also, I've been messing arround with portals and the Nether. This is cool.

16185_s.gif

http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac331/DanceFunkyDisco/Map5Cartograph.png

My Minecraft world at the moment. I don't like the look of it this way, though. I usually imagine it as my ship points north. :c

EDIT: Was in hide tags and shizz, but it looks kinda bad. >_> Might get rid of the top half (Just explored area for iron) and re-upload.

#rpgformod

I'd like to do some cool stuff with water, but I can never get it to flow the way I want it to. It seems to have its own ideas about how it wants to interact with other blocks.

These two tutorials/videos helped me understand water a bit more. Hope they help!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=99048

Note that the link is a different explaination from the video.

And nice job, there, Napalm. Looks pretty good. :^_^:

That volcano is the most awesome thing I've seen so far. Shame it doesn't work too well with lava.

EDIT: It stopped snowing in my world. I still have snow everywhere, and all the water is ice, but it won't freeze back after I break it.

EDIT 2:

They are here...

78118750.png

EDIT 3: I'll be damned, I just had the most awesomely frustrating experience in the Nether. I went in to mine some glowstone, I was carrying 2 diamond pickaxes, 1 diamond shovel and 1 diamond sword. Apparently, in an attempt to troll me, the game spawned 6 ghasts arround the area, which obviously killed me.

Not giving up hope, I went back to the spot to find all my stuff there, and I started to go back to the portal where I came from. I ran, literally dodging bullets, as the ghasts destroyed everything arround me, and making me fall in a pit of lava. I wasn't gonna make it, but at least I'd die right next to the portal.

Third try. All I have to do is enter, pick up my stuff and leave. NOPE. The game decides to spawn me in another portal. Luckily, they aren't too far away, so I ran back, pick up my stuff, and just as I'm about to leave this damned plane for good, a ghast shoots at the portal and it turns off. [bleep]. My flint and steel are nowhere to be seen, so I ran back to the other portal, and manage to escape with 3 hearts and 1 piece of broken armor, into an unknown mountain. It's night, I can hear zombies near, I don't have food, and I'm getting like 5 freaking FPS. Gonna make a compass and try to find my way back, but the framerate is starting to piss me off.

16185_s.gif

Sooo...

Got bored, made a mineshaft out of a cave, found some random stuff, and then fell into a dungeon. I'm playing on peaceful right now, any suggestions for traps to set up around that thing?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I present to you...Hoodoo - the gold rush mining town in the Badlands.

After my last fortress (posted pics on here) got glitched out in multiplayer, I decided to start a new frotress town. Bigger and better than before.

hoodoocity01.jpg

Its not even half done, but its a good progress. I plan to make more bridges, tunnels (there's a small system already), connecting-buildings, and the Baron's (moi) super castle.

[hide=Showing a bit of Hoodoo from ground level]hoodoocomplex01.png[/hide]

[hide=Another nice picture of a outpost nearby, on Mono Lake]monolakeoutpostlakeview.png[/hide]

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

You should start making vids.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Gio, what's the texture pack you got going there? Looks alright.

#rpgformod

Stupid question:

how the heck do I get texture packs to work? I click the button in the main Minecraft menu for using texture packs, I have the pack in the correct folder and everything, but when I click on it, it just goes to all the other folders and images inside that texture pack folder. How do I select the texture pack folder I want? :???:

Is it a zip? If it isn't, I don't think it works.

#rpgformod

Is it a zip? If it isn't, I don't think it works.

Oh, I unzipped it. :unsure: