demby123

Minecraft General

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/7009276212/trickling-information-about-the-adventure-update

I wonder what kind of new combat mechanics they are adding. He did mention a while back that he wanted to have weapon swings do more damage if you're falling downward. So if you jump and then swing while falling down from it, you'll hit harder.

I'd like to see bows act differently, too. Something similar to the bow in TF2 would be nice.

vizardsig-1.png

I'd be interested to know specifics about what Notch was saying about updates after release as to what will be free and what won't. For example, what will differentiate expansion packs from updates?

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

I'd be interested to know specifics about what Notch was saying about updates after release as to what will be free and what won't. For example, what will differentiate expansion packs from updates?

Same here. So far he's been very vague about it. Hope he keeps his word though.

I'm back into playing Minecraft, but through INVEdit and SPC. Passes on the time quite well.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'm back into playing Minecraft, but through INVEdit and SPC. Passes on the time quite well.

Get TooManyItems instead of INVEdit. Way easier to use as it adds it ingame.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Get TooManyItems instead of INVEdit. Way easier to use as it adds it ingame.

So does SPC - Single Player Commands. ;-)

But can TMI give you that 'infinite' number of blocks like INVedit?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

No, but SPC does ;P

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

i have a question:

is Minecraft IP bound?

as in,if i buy the game on my dads computer,will i be able to play MInecraft without the "unlicensed copy or logged in from another location" in the corner of my screen when i play on my laptop?

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

as in,if i buy the game on my dads computer,will i be able to play MInecraft without the "unlicensed copy or logged in from another location" in the corner of my screen when i play on my laptop?

Yes you can play on different computers.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I'm pretty sure they message is harmless other than trying to make you feel guilty. I guess it could be used to see if you can play online though (message on = no online?).

PISTONS.

One good use I've found so far is they make for good Door barricades. :3

Popoto.~<3

PISTONS.

One good use I've found so far is they make for good Door barricades. :3

Good for making secret tunnels too ;)

EDIT: Ugh, SPC hasn't been updated yet, and now I'm stuck in an area that I need fly to get out of.

ojdv.jpg

Explain how pistons can make secret tunnels. Please? :pray:

Anyway, pics of what I'm working on.

[hide]fortressvictoriaearlyst.jpg[/hide]

It's a forested city on a medium-sized island. Slowly turning it into a fortress-city with a sewer system. :mrgreen:

siggy3s.jpg

Must... know... mods used...

Also, yeah, how DO you make secret tunnels with pistons?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Jens put up an image on Google+, same with Notch.

hXIm6.png

pqYck.jpg

vizardsig-1.png

The... The second image...

I feel this is appropriate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFuLkymdZc

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

^ Towns, ruins, and...artificial trees? :blink:

Must... know... mods used...

Phoenix Terrain Mod(aka Biome Mod)

It has a plug-in where sequioa trees are generated. Pretty neat.

siggy3s.jpg

I have planted some sugarcane, how long do I have to wait?

qTLQRuS.png

I have planted some sugarcane, how long do I have to wait?

Not long, just remember to plant as much as you can once you harvest more so you'll always have a ready supply.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Bought minecraft 2 days ago

and i got a little further with e cathedral,one side of the nave is almost done

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Here's a secret door vid, sadly with sticky pistons (and norm) they're so buggy, you cant wire them up at once to activate from 1 lever and requires lots of circuitry and switches, makes it a nightmare and messy.

Popoto.~<3

Secret doors, you ask?

I don't know why but my circuit kept blowing my red stone torches, after they had been working fine for over 20 tries, so I had to change the position of them, which wasn't a hassle.

Obviously mine is basic, and you would use stone or something rather than glass, but it helps you get the idea.

[spoiler=Click for plcitures]Enterance. Uses a button, on clean stone. The water hides it, so you can't see a difference.

2011-07-02_094000.png

Button

2011-07-02_094006.png

Circuity stuff

2011-07-02_094012.png

2011-07-02_094028.png

2011-07-02_094022.png

2011-07-02_093242.png

EDIT: you have to place the not gates really close to the button to stop them blowing out, which is weird.

ojdv.jpg

Secret doors, you ask?

I don't know why but my circuit kept blowing my red stone torches, after they had been working fine for over 20 tries, so I had to change the position of them, which wasn't a hassle.

Obviously mine is basic, and you would use stone or something rather than glass, but it helps you get the idea.

[spoiler=Click for plcitures]Snip

EDIT: you have to place the not gates really close to the button to stop them blowing out, which is weird.

You should get a texture pack. I used to stick with the default texture pack, but if you get a good one (32x32 or 64x64) it really looks great. It takes a bit of getting used to but its worth it

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Does anyone know performance enhancing mods updated for 1.6.6? Optifog's not working for me for some reason... Link, you should know some good ones. :razz:

siggy3s.jpg

Secret doors, you ask?

[spoiler=Click for plcitures]Snip

You should get a texture pack. I used to stick with the default texture pack, but if you get a good one (32x32 or 64x64) it really looks great. It takes a bit of getting used to but its worth it

Yeah, I just got one that looks really realistic which is great.

ojdv.jpg

Optifog/Optimine was a big pain in the ass to get working for me, for some reason. I'm still not entirely sure, but it's the only one I ever used, so I'm unsure what else is available :/

I did only use the combined version of the two for 1.6.6, so maybe using one of the two separately would work? I'll go look and see if they're able to be dl'ed separate or not.

EDIT: Took at least 20 min to dig up the topic for Optimine/Optifog for some reason, lol. I personally only tried using the combined version in this topic:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-166-optifog-and-optimine-f-hd-fps-boost/

And I had some issues with it - it'd work for a little while, but then I'd start getting random lagspikes. Looking at the fifty billion download links he has there, I can pick out a separate dl for both Optifog and Optimine, so maybe trying either of them separately will work somewhat better (plus it seems there's an alternative version of the combined version, which may work as well, I'm not sure.

I can't really test since I've already updated to 1.7 >.< and this mod hasn't been updated yet. Shouldn't have been impatient with updating, I guess :/

(for reference, the version I used is the one at the very top, OptiFog + Optimine 1.6.6_F_HD)

Edited by LinkOlaran

Link_Olaran.png