League of Legends

anScooter

Does anybody else here play League of Legends? It's pretty fun, and it's free with the option to buy Characters and Character skins, among other things. (Although you can buy characters with ingame points too) If you haven't played it, try it out, it is free to sign up and download.

https://signup.leagueoflegends.com/en/signup/index

The trailer is pretty sweet too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzMnCv_lPxI&feature=player_embedded

Also, if you do play, let's get some discussion going. Favorite champs, suggestions, questions, etc.

edit: Forgot to mention, League of Legends is a Real Time Strategy game where you choose a champion and work with 2 or 4 other players in an attempt to destroy their Nexus (base) wile defending from the other team of 3 or 5 trying to destroy your base.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play. :) It's a lot more fun that I thought it would be at first. I have a few champions bought already, and my favorites are Ashe, Shaco, Katarina, and Twisted Fate. The only thing I don't really like too much right now is that there is only two maps, I think they should expand on that. I also think that RIOT needs to fix some of the more "broken" champions, such as Xin Zhao. Other than that, it's a fantastic game.

I got into the Beta of it but the tutorial was bugged and not completable which put me right off. Even in the beta you should be able to play.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I play. :) It's a lot more fun that I thought it would be at first. I have a few champions bought already, and my favorites are Ashe, Shaco, Katarina, and Twisted Fate. The only thing I don't really like too much right now is that there is only two maps, I think they should expand on that. I also think that RIOT needs to fix some of the more "broken" champions, such as Xin Zhao. Other than that, it's a fantastic game.

I didn't know what to expect when I first started, but even when I was losing and not getting very many kills I was having a blast. My favorite champions are Master Yi and Nunu. I also agree there should be more maps. It does get a bit stale playing on the same two maps all the time.

I got into the Beta of it but the tutorial was bugged and not completable which put me right off. Even in the beta you should be able to play.

The tutorial is fixed now, and honestly it was the most boring part of the game. you should try it out again.

It's a Beta for the reason.

I'm sick and tired of game companies putting out demos and calling them Betas, then when a proper beta comes around people complain that it doesn't work. That's not what they're designed for and it's a trend in this "generation" of gaming that really annoys me.

I'm sick and tired of game companies putting out demos and calling them Betas, then when a proper beta comes around people complain that it doesn't work. That's not what they're designed for and it's a trend in this "generation" of gaming that really annoys me.

True, but a bug like that should have been dealt with much earlier than the Beta. At that stage you were forced to play the tutorial before being able to play the rest. This wasn't even early on into the beta, but was about halfway through if I remember rightly.

to be honest though, the game didn't feel very good either. It is another DotA type game, but much less polished. The camera and controls didn't feel right either.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

True, but a bug like that should have been dealt with much earlier than the Beta. At that stage you were forced to play the tutorial before being able to play the rest. This wasn't even early on into the beta, but was about halfway through if I remember rightly.

to be honest though, the game didn't feel very good either. It is another DotA type game, but much less polished. The camera and controls didn't feel right either.

The game has come a long way since the Beta. It is, in my opinion, better than DotA. Also there are many different ways to have the camera, so that shouldn't be a problem. I understand the controls, because they are pretty stale, but if you use the hotkeys it isn't that bad. They should make it so that you can customize the hotkeys though.

I'm not going to get into another argument but lets just say I think it's a terrible game.

I'm not trying to fuel an argument, but how much of the game have you actually played, if any at all? Also have you played DotA or Heroes of Neworth?

I play HoN a lot and am working on getting into playing it more competitively.

As far as LoL goes I have not played it however I think the mechanics that they changed over from DoTA are dumb and only helped to dumb down the game (towers doing more damage, no denies, gameplay is slower paced and fights last a lot longer). In all honesty I should play the game to help support my opinion but in all honesty I'm not trying to review the game here so why should I bother.

That is all I'm going to really say about the game. Like I said I don't feel comfortable "Debating" about a game I have never played.

I got introduced to a game a week ago, i've played some. I got put off at the begining because after each match it resets your items and champ levels, and nothing in the game ever mentioned this mechanic. Maybe this is standard in the genre. I have a few champs, my favorites being Teemo followed by Sivir. Roughly the same builds work for them as well. Though right now i'm trying to discover a good build for Ezreal, he seems like he'd be good if I can find the correct items for him.

I've always sucked at melee in every game i've played so I figured here would be know different. I can play gangplank with some success.

Also are you the person who refereed me to it lol? the person who did assured me the trailer looked awesome but I was bored out of my mind watching it.

As far as LoL goes I have not played it however I think the mechanics that they changed over from DoTA are dumb and only helped to dumb down the game (towers doing more damage, no denies, gameplay is slower paced and fights last a lot longer). In all honesty I should play the game to help support my opinion but in all honesty I'm not trying to review the game here so why should I bother.

That is all I'm going to really say about the game. Like I said I don't feel comfortable "Debating" about a game I have never played.

Fair enough.

I got introduced to a game a week ago, i've played some. I got put off at the begining because after each match it resets your items and champ levels, and nothing in the game ever mentioned this mechanic. Maybe this is standard in the genre. I have a few champs, my favorites being Teemo followed by Sivir. Roughly the same builds work for them as well. Though right now i'm trying to discover a good build for Ezreal, he seems like he'd be good if I can find the correct items for him.

I've always sucked at melee in every game i've played so I figured here would be know different. I can play gangplank with some success.

Also are you the person who refereed me to it lol? the person who did assured me the trailer looked awesome but I was bored out of my mind watching it.

Try to build up some ability power with Ezreal. I have played with some great Ezreal's who can get amazing kills by using their ultimate to perfection on someone who is either recalling or has just recalled and is restoring health. No I didn't refer you, but I still think the trailer is sweet, even if it's a little misleading.

Fair enough.

Try to build up some ability power with Ezreal. I have played with some great Ezreal's who can get amazing kills by using their ultimate to perfection on someone who is either recalling or has just recalled and is restoring health. No I didn't refer you, but I still think the trailer is sweet, even if it's a little misleading.

AP ezreal is useless. AD is better.

Stick with your Q and E skills and use W to hit enemys behind minions (late game you level this). Your ult eh...

I play LOL. I own bout 10 champions. My favorite are Twitch. Anvia. Xin Zhao. Warwick. and Cho'gath

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I'm not going to get into another argument but lets just say I think it's a terrible game.

A $100k prize for an LoL tournament disagrees with you.

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706182/League-of-Legends-Announces-100K-Prize-Pool-for-Season-One.html

I think the game is horrible though. Why that game would get a $100k prize pool is beyond me.

Who the hell is running a $100,000 tournament for LoL? The article does nothing to explain who is running it and if this is one tournament or if they are just lumping the "prize pools" from all of the tournaments starting.

Any LoL guys able to get some insight on this? It seems odd one tournament would tump the prize pool from the recent starcraft 2 tournaments (around $80,000 I think).

Who the hell is running a $100,000 tournament for LoL? The article does nothing to explain who is running it and if this is one tournament or if they are just lumping the "prize pools" from all of the tournaments starting.

Any LoL guys able to get some insight on this? It seems odd one tournament would tump the prize pool from the recent starcraft 2 tournaments (around $80,000 I think).

I would have to imagine Riot themselves are doing this. That would make the most sense to me.

I would have to imagine Riot themselves are doing this. That would make the most sense to me.

Yes indeed, Riot hired an e-sports manager who used to do some other famous game which I can't remember. He's very good and already has a bunch of tournaments lined up including an Alienware one which will give fully decked out i7 computers to the winners, $100k prize pools, etc.

I am actually one of the top ELO players on the EU side, my current ELO in 5v5 solo queue is 1406 which puts me at rank 3k or so I think. However the solo queue doesn't really equate to anything since it all depends on if your team can play, I can't carry even going 16/0 with Ezrael, Annie, Veigar etc. In the 5v5 solo queue I think I've had 2 bad games out of my 60 matches or so yet I have only won 8 more than lost because of the team luck. People's map sense is awful, they don't know when to push, ward, I have to tell my teams to do everything, it's infuriating to be stuck at a low ELO.

In premade 5v5 however I play at 1750+ ELO but I can't play with these guys much because they usually play at 3am on weekdays so my ELO is only 1300 but if I could play more often it would be up there, and before you ask, I don't get carried, we play against equal teams and I'll play well.

Any questions, I'm free to answer. I've posted my reasons to Nadril why I believe it is good before as well but considering you haven't played it, you can't really comment. You say fights are slower, depends what your team set up is really, some can be over in the blink of an eye, some can take a while and revolve around kiting opponents and dodging skillshots.

Don't get to used to playing Shaco, he is always banned in ranked games. Twisted Fate is awful, don't play him, ever. Xin Zhao is fine. Vladimir needs a nerf.

Fair enough.

Ezrael kills whilst people are recalling aren't anything special, that's standard play, that's why you always recall in odd places with an Ezrael on the enemy team.

Fair enough.

Stick with your Q and E skills and use W to hit enemys behind minions (late game you level this). Your ult eh...

I play LOL. I own bout 10 champions. My favorite are Twitch. Anvia. Xin Zhao. Warwick. and Cho'gath

AP Ezrael is better than AD Ezrael in the lategame.

If you want to play AP Ezrael you should get a Sheen early and build into Lich Bane, getting Zhonya's and Void Staff at some point, the rest is optional. Your build should be QEWWWREWEWREEQQRQQ. Harass with Q since it costs nothing, don't use W until the 3rd level of it unless you get into teamfights because it costs a LOT of mana. Try and get golem as much as you can. Open a teamfight with your ultimate, hit as many people as you can. With AP, your ultimate should get rid of half the entire enemy's health. Kite with E and reduce cooldown's with Q. Use your W on team-mates primarily as it gives them extra attack speed, unless of course they are mages too.

AD Ezrael is rather different. Doran's Blade to start, get Lizard as much as you can since your Q will slow. Get Berserker's or Mercury Treads for boots and get Bloodthirsters if you aren't dieing, or only 1 if you are, with Black Cleaver at some point. DON'T GET YOUMOU'S GHOSTBLADE OR CRIT ITEMS. Level up like this QEWQQREQEQREEWWRWW. Use Q as much as possible, use W on team-mates for the attack speed buff, kite with E, get your attack speed up fast. Your ultimate won't do much damage so finish off runners with it. REMEMBER TO AUTO ATTACK. You still do a lot of damage. Try and stay out of a teamfights, or at least skillshot from the side, maybe through a wall whilst waiting for AoE and ultimates to be used, then get right in there and show no mercy.

That's all I have to say about Ezrael for now, if you want I am on the EU servers under the name Yttrium. I will play practice games with you if you want teaching on any champions, I can play most, apart from 8 or so.

Champions which you should never play because they're awful:

Teemo - He's just not good. You can play him in super situational teams, but, 99.99% of the time, not worth it.

Evelynn - Melee stealth, 400g on an oracle and you won't win.

Twitch - Stealth but super squishy, any sort of CC and you die.

Gangplank - If you farm all game, avoid teamfights, get loads of items, you will be average endgame. He's just terrible after some nerfs.

Ryze - He's great if you are starting out, but the range on his spells are awful and as you get better he's easier to beat, any sort of magic resistance and he is useless.

Twisted Fate - Super squishy and hard to master, requires some luck also.

Good champions, learn to play them if they are fun for you:

Shaco - Jumps through walls, has a slow, great backdoor potential and awesome map control.

Heimerdinger - Best pusher in the game right now, a good Heimer is unbeatable.

Vladimir - He is so OP right now, you can get tons of health and tons of damage and be unkillable lategame even after a bad start.

Taric - A stun, a heal, great pusher, great lane partner early game for any champion.

Soraka - 2 Heals, a mana restoration spell, silence, and a formidable pusher.

Morgana - She is very powerful at the moment, needs nerfing. 2 stuns, a spell shield and the best short cooldown AoE in game.

I will post a Tier list of who I think are the best champions at the moment. Some people in high ELO will argue with me, but, overall, most will agree for the most part of it.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Fair enough.

AP Ezrael is better than AD Ezrael in the lategame.

If you want to play AP Ezrael you should get a Sheen early and build into Lich Bane, getting Zhonya's and Void Staff at some point, the rest is optional. Your build should be QEWWWREWEWREEQQRQQ. Harass with Q since it costs nothing, don't use W until the 3rd level of it unless you get into teamfights because it costs a LOT of mana. Try and get golem as much as you can. Open a teamfight with your ultimate, hit as many people as you can. With AP, your ultimate should get rid of half the entire enemy's health. Kite with E and reduce cooldown's with Q. Use your W on team-mates primarily as it gives them extra attack speed, unless of course they are mages too.

AD Ezrael is rather different. Doran's Blade to start, get Lizard as much as you can since your Q will slow. Get Berserker's or Mercury Treads for boots and get Bloodthirsters if you aren't dieing, or only 1 if you are, with Black Cleaver at some point. DON'T GET YOUMOU'S GHOSTBLADE OR CRIT ITEMS. Level up like this QEWQQREQEQREEWWRWW. Use Q as much as possible, use W on team-mates for the attack speed buff, kite with E, get your attack speed up fast. Your ultimate won't do much damage so finish off runners with it. REMEMBER TO AUTO ATTACK. You still do a lot of damage. Try and stay out of a teamfights, or at least skillshot from the side, maybe through a wall whilst waiting for AoE and ultimates to be used, then get right in there and show no mercy.

That's all I have to say about Ezrael for now, if you want I am on the EU servers under the name Yttrium. I will play practice games with you if you want teaching on any champions, I can play most, apart from 8 or so.

Champions which you should never play because they're awful:

Teemo - He's just not good. You can play him in super situational teams, but, 99.99% of the time, not worth it.

Evelynn - Melee stealth, 400g on an oracle and you won't win.

Twitch - Stealth but super squishy, any sort of CC and you die.

Gangplank - If you farm all game, avoid teamfights, get loads of items, you will be average endgame. He's just terrible after some nerfs.

Ryze - He's great if you are starting out, but the range on his spells are awful and as you get better he's easier to beat, any sort of magic resistance and he is useless.

Twisted Fate - Super squishy and hard to master, requires some luck also.

Shaco - Jumps through walls, has a slow, great backdoor potential and awesome map control.

Heimerdinger - Best pusher in the game right now, a good Heimer is unbeatable.

Vladimir - He is so OP right now, you can get tons of health and tons of damage and be unkillable lategame even after a bad start.

Taric - A stun, a heal, great pusher, great lane partner early game for any champion.

Morgana - She is very powerful at the moment, needs nerfing. 2 stuns, a spell shield and the best short cooldown AoE in game.

I will post a Tier list of who I think are the best champions at the moment. Some people in high ELO will argue with me, but, overall, most will agree for the most part of it.

I'm sorry but just because you arn't good with a certain unit doesn't mean they're not good. I can beat most people with Teemo, and I can usually push a lane by myself as Teemo, against 2 or 3 people, and do fine. I can do fine as Gangplank as well.

I know Shaco is banned. I'm saving for Malzahar - Prophet of the Void.

You'll be disappointed.

Any1 here just do TT? I only do 3v3 cause 5v5s sucl

3v3 require more teamwork n map control.

And I disagree with AP bein better then AD on ezreal.

His q and E all he needs. Sure his ult does damage. but it also gives 5 stacks on his passive (which means he already has more attack speed to spam Q)

Teemo - He's just not good. You can play him in super situational teams, but, 99.99% of the time, not worth it. He has a blind that shuts down melee dps. Combine with exhaust. he can shut down Tyrn/jax/xin/ect...

Evelynn - Melee stealth, 400g on an oracle and you won't win. She just bad. I agree

Twitch - Stealth but super squishy, any sort of CC and you die. If I play twitch. its always cleanse + flash. Always attack after every1 else to not be focused. poistion urself to escape so u can flash + go invis

I have a 20% chance to crit page JUST for him. Crit pistol is awesome. He has a spell that removes alll on him. and his ult slows. (and uits global)

Ryze - He's great if you are starting out, but the range on his spells are awful and as you get better he's easier to beat, any sort of magic resistance and he is useless. Good ryze do their job and hit the main dps. then just go support. magic resist sacrifice to do no damage? you are doing your job.

Twisted Fate - Super squishy and hard to master, requires some luck also. He king of killing towers on 5v5s. He can stun and if going with attack speed he can do damage

Shaco - Jumps through walls, has a slow, great backdoor potential and awesome map control. BANNED. no skill. When I play shaco I always have decieve ready. all you gotta do if you are gonna die.

Heimerdinger - Best pusher in the game right now, a good Heimer is unbeatable. WW ult on him b4 he can freeze tower + teammates. Dead. sry but he easy to kill.

Vladimir - He is so OP right now, you can get tons of health and tons of damage and be unkillable lategame even after a bad start. No skill. king of being a [kitty]. He has a "get out of jail free card". His ult is OP and LIES when you try to cleanse it out.

Taric - A stun, a heal, great pusher, great lane partner early game for any champion. He can kill towers easy, but lacks dps unless with a good team. Same with soraka. She just a mana+heal [bleep]. only as good your team.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I also believe you can be good with anybody, it all depends on who is on the other team.

Also, I rarely play 3v3 unless I am running with a 3 man premade and I am consistently getting bad/stupid/annoying teammates. I generally try to run a 5v5 premade, but sometimes just go in as a duo with my brother.

Champion Sneak Peek: Urgot, the Headman's Pride

Some stories bring new meaning to the phrase: "cautionary tale," and I'm pretty sure that this one qualifies. Meet Urgot, the Headman's Pride. As you might be able to tell, this bloke's seen a few scrapes in his life and, by this point, is a bit the worse for wear. While he may not be winning any beauty contests, you're really got to admit it, the guy's got style. Unless, of course, you’re an arachnophobe. Then the two of you might have issues. Be on the lookout for Urgot as he scuttles his way onto the Field of Justice in the coming patch.

[hide]3506ttw.jpg[/hide]

Other details about the next Patch

[hide]Akali

· Twin Disciplines(Passive) will now gain 1% spell vamp for every 5 additional attack damage, up from 1% for every 10 additional attack damage

Annie

· Molten Shield now reflects damage to all normal attacks instead of just melee attacks

Anivia

· Flash Frost pass through damage will now break spell shields

Ezreal

· Mystic Shot attack damage ratio decreased to 1.0 from 1.1

Galio

· Idol of Durand

o Taunt radius reduced to 500 from 520.

o Damage radius increased to 520 from 500.

o Adjusted team colored range circle to more accurately represent taunt range

· Resolute Smite's particle will now more properly represent the area of effect

Garen

· Judgment now reduces the duration of new slows by 50% rather than granting immunity to slowing effects. Judgement will still completely clear any exisiting slows when activated.

Heimerdinger

· H-28G Evolution Turret

· Maximum turrets changed to 1/2/2/2/2 from 1/2/2/3/3

· H-28G Evolution Turret rank 4 now grants +100 bonus health to new turrets

· Cooldown modified to 26/23/20/17/14 from 24/22/20/18/16

· CH-1 Concussion Grenade no longer affects towers or buildings

· CH-1 Concussion Grenade ability power ratio increased to .6 from .55

Karthus

· Requiem mana cost reduced to 150/175/200 from 200/300/400

Kassadin

· Attack range increased to 125 from 120

· Magic resistance gained per level increased to 1.25 from 0

Kennen

· Electrical Surge ability power ratio increased to 0.55 from 0.45

· Lightning Rush

o Energy cost reduced to 100 from 110

o Lightning Rush now provides 10/20/30/40/50 magic resistance and armor for 4 seconds

· Slicing Maelstrom

o Ability power ratio increased to 0.4 from 0.33

o Maximum number of bolts increased to 6/10/15 from 6/8/10 (this still retains the cap of 3 hits per target)

o Removed the cap of applying only 1 Mark of The Storm per target

· Mark of the Storm (passive) stun duration reduced to 1 second from 1.25. Mark of the Storm has a diminished stun effect if applied more than once within seven seconds.

Kog'Maw

· Caustic Spittle has been remade and now grants:

o Passive: increases attack Speed by 10/15/20/25/30%

o Active: deals 60/110/160/210/260 damage and reduces the target's armor by 5/10/15/20/25 for 4 seconds

· Bio-Arcane Barrage cooldown reduced to 15 from 20

· Void Ooze cooldown reduced to 12 from 13

Malphite

· Seismic Shard

o Cooldown reduced to 10 seconds from 12 seconds

o Duration of the slow reduced to 4 seconds from 5 seconds

o Mana cost reduced to 70/75/80/85/90 from 80/90/100/110/120

· Brutal Strikes

o Changed the active effect to increase Malphite's armor and damage by 20/25/30/35/40% instead of increasing his damage by 30/40/50/60/70%

o Cooldown reduced to 16 seconds from 20 seconds

o Fixed a bug where the cleave percent would take double the amount of bonus attack damage

o Passive cleave percent increased to 30/38/46/54/62% from 30/35/40/45/50%

o The cleave passive will no longer proc while hitting towers

· Ground Slam

o Mana cost reduced to 60 at all ranks from 60/70/80/90/100

o Updated the tooltip to display how much bonus damage Ground Slam gains from armor

· Unstoppable Force is now unstoppable and cannot be interrupted by disables

· Granite Shield (passive)

o The shield now recharges after 8 seconds instead of 10 seconds

o The shield will now automatically restore to full after 8 seconds of not being hit. Previously it would not replenish until a new shield activated

o Fixed a bug where the shield particle would not appear for a second after the shield activated

o Fixed a bug where the shield strength would not update after buying a health item until a new shield activated

· Updated recommended items

Nidalee

· Fixed a typo in Javelin Toss

Nunu

· Base attack speed increased to .613 from .558

Pantheon

· Fixed a typo in Pantheon's lore

Poppy

· Devastating Blow now cannot be dodged

Nasus

· Siphoning Strike now cannot be dodged

Ryze

· Fixed a bug where Spell Flux was doing less AoE damage than intended when used in combination with his Arcane Mastery ability

Shaco

· Deceive

o Cooldown increased to 11 from 10

o Duration to 3.5 from 4 seconds

· Hallucinate

o Cooldown increased to 100/90/80 from 90/75/60

o Duration reduced to 18 from 30

o Guardian Angel no longer revives the clone although will apply the passive particle

· Backstab (passive) bonus damage reduced to 20% from 25%

· Two Shiv Poison no longer blinds the target

· Jack In The Box will now break stealth upon cast

Shen

· Feint duration increased to 2.5 seconds from 1.5 seconds

· Stand United no longer shields Shen

Soraka

· Starcall mana cost reduced to 40/50/60/70/80 from 42/54/66/78/90

· Astral Blessing mana cost increased to 90/110/130/150/170 from 80/100/120/140/160

· Infuse will now infuse half of the mana value to the target, and half of the value to Soraka. Soraka will get the full benefit of Infuse when she casts it on herself.

Vladimir

· Transfusion cast range reduced to 600 from 650

· Tides of Blood buff duration increased to 10 from 8

· Tides of Blood cast range increased to 620 from 570

Items

· Elixirs will now activate immediately if purchased when your inventory is full

General

· Summoner Cleanse now removes Silence and Blind effects

· Death Recap has been reprioritized to be more relevant to what caused a player's death

· Bots will now properly respond to Taunt

· Improved loading time by up to 25%

· Users with slow machines should no longer be kicked out of the loading process if they take longer than the server expects

· Added an option to turn of the snow particles on Summoner Rift (Winter)

· Added two ignore options: "/ignore ally" for ignoring the allied team and "/ignore enemy" for ignoring the enemy team

· Line Missile targeting status now is properly represented in the options menu

· Fixed a bug where gravity based spells would not immediately apply damage

· Fixed a bug where the HUD scaling option would not work the first time the game client loaded

· Fixed a client crash that would occur when loading into the game with a key pressed down, which was commonly occurring when using third party applications such as Ventrilo or Teamspeak

· Fixed several client crashes

· Fixed several server crashes

[/hide]Subject to change before the patch.

Major nerfs to Heimer and Shaco. Pretty excited about this. Buffing cleanse back up too.

I'm sorry but just because you arn't good with a certain unit doesn't mean they're not good. I can beat most people with Teemo, and I can usually push a lane by myself as Teemo, against 2 or 3 people, and do fine. I can do fine as Gangplank as well.

I play every champion, I have more wins than losses on all but Kassadin. I can beat most people with Teemo as well and of course it is easy to push a lane with your poison, just load it up any time a champion tries to get near since his range is good. He's just useless in a teamfight for the most part.

I know Shaco is banned. I'm saving for Malzahar - Prophet of the Void.

You'll be disappointed.

Any1 here just do TT? I only do 3v3 cause 5v5s sucl

3v3 require more teamwork n map control.

And I disagree with AP bein better then AD on ezreal.

His q and E all he needs. Sure his ult does damage. but it also gives 5 stacks on his passive (which means he already has more attack speed to spam Q)

Teemo - He's just not good. You can play him in super situational teams, but, 99.99% of the time, not worth it. He has a blind that shuts down melee dps. Combine with exhaust. he can shut down Tyrn/jax/xin/ect...

Evelynn - Melee stealth, 400g on an oracle and you won't win. She just bad. I agree

Twitch - Stealth but super squishy, any sort of CC and you die. If I play twitch. its always cleanse + flash. Always attack after every1 else to not be focused. poistion urself to escape so u can flash + go invis

I have a 20% chance to crit page JUST for him. Crit pistol is awesome. He has a spell that removes alll on him. and his ult slows. (and uits global)

Ryze - He's great if you are starting out, but the range on his spells are awful and as you get better he's easier to beat, any sort of magic resistance and he is useless. Good ryze do their job and hit the main dps. then just go support. magic resist sacrifice to do no damage? you are doing your job.

Twisted Fate - Super squishy and hard to master, requires some luck also. He king of killing towers on 5v5s. He can stun and if going with attack speed he can do damage

Shaco - Jumps through walls, has a slow, great backdoor potential and awesome map control. BANNED. no skill. When I play shaco I always have decieve ready. all you gotta do if you are gonna die.

Heimerdinger - Best pusher in the game right now, a good Heimer is unbeatable. WW ult on him b4 he can freeze tower + teammates. Dead. sry but he easy to kill.

Vladimir - He is so OP right now, you can get tons of health and tons of damage and be unkillable lategame even after a bad start. No skill. king of being a [kitty]. He has a "get out of jail free card". His ult is OP and LIES when you try to cleanse it out.

Taric - A stun, a heal, great pusher, great lane partner early game for any champion. He can kill towers easy, but lacks dps unless with a good team. Same with soraka. She just a mana+heal [bleep]. only as good your team.

Remember, I'm talking about high ELO where you can depend on your team and everyone has good map awareness, teamfights and ganking are done in the blink of an eye, you don't lose because of bad players on your team but because you get simply outplayed or the other team has a better setup which you didn't realise whilst picking champions, however the latter doesn't really happen much.

I didn't say AP Ezrael is better than AD. I said it is better at lategame. Early game, AD Ezrael is much better and you can harass so easily, you push towers fast because of your attack speed and should dominate whichever lane you are in. However, lategame when teamfights are the most reliant thing, AP is far better because if you can catch the entire enemy team with your ult that's such a huge advantage.

Teemo - As I said, situational, you can blind, but that's not a great form of CC, you might aswell go Ashe/Ezrael and kite the melee. Xin can still knockup through a blind, Trynd can still spin and slow you through a blind, Jax can still stun you through a blind. And you can always take an exhaust. You get good map awareness with him, because of mushrooms but you have a low base AD rating, so endgame, someone like Ashe/Ez/Yi will be much more powerful, even with a blind they will still kill you if they are of equal skill. There are just better carries.

Twitch - I kind of didn't go into detail for a reason but, you can play twitch but he's really not that great at a higher ELO because of team positioning, you won't just get into a lane and everyone spam their spells, you'll be fighting over dragon, Baron, different buffs and in the jungle. You need to go everywhere as stealth, but even with Flash and cleanse you will die fast because teams will walk together and never alone. Twitch relies heavily on positioning, but one exhaust WILL shut him down. This is a time Teemo IS good, because you can lay down mushrooms and see where twitch is at all times, but in the end people will just pay the extra 60g to get vision wards instead of sight wards.

Gangplank - I know someone who has 300 games with Gangplank alone, he used to be good but now he says, just don't play him because he is bad, which he is. He has a built in cleanse which is good, but it doesn't help when you die in 3 hits anyway. You rely heavily on getting a full critpage that you can't get survivability items, and you die fast, even without a stun. His ultimate isn't good either, since you stack crit and AD and the ult scales with AP, it's just an annoyance and prevents tower pushing, it's just random. You cannot win a high ELO game with a Gangplank on your team, fact.

Ryze - You say that the enemy getting magic resist to counter Ryze instead of damage items is better because it means you do your job? Defensive items are standard in high ELO. Ryze is just a bad character but can be played at Low ELO because of his potential to nuke and is not so reliant on runes.

Twisted Fate - He is best played AP, so I'm just not going to go into detail about this because you obviously have no idea about this champion. Again, you CAN play him but it's not recommend, again very team reliant.

Shaco - If you don't use deceive except for getting away then you don't know how to play Shaco. It's not good doing almost nothing then just deceiving away. He is very easy to play, but he is very hard to play WELL. A good Shaco will crush and pound you and backdoor when your team is trying to push. I have 20+ wins and 3 or less losses on 3v3 as him. I don't like to play him 5v5 since I don't build him great, but a good Shaco is unstoppable, always banned, agreed.

Heimerdinger - Obviously you haven't played versus any good Heimers. A good Heimer will push minions and NOT a tower to get minion kills and feed off these rather than champion kills whilst at the same time denying the other mid. I play Heimer with 8.5 magic pen, 14 mana regen and 300 health runes, I am unkillable at start game and don't push a tower tactically. I force the other player to go back with harass, push half a tower at once whilst taking a trip to another lane and getting 2 kills. A lot of Heimers level their turrets first, which isn't bad, but you can play him differently. I farm for a Zhonya's ring ASAP for teamfights, it works.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Little update:

Swain - The Master Tactician is out, he's tagged as an anti-support and mainly used for CC. Not much of a killer but when I played him I went 19/0/13. He's good fun, try him if you get the chance! Also, free champion weekend is over with, was fun!