Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

League of Legends

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Also Frozen Heart is the best item in the game, so try to work that in somewhere.

http://www.reignofga...tem-in-the-game
Posted Image

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN '07:Shruiken

Also Frozen Heart is the best item in the game, so try to work that in somewhere.

http://www.reignofga...tem-in-the-game

Not for ad carrys. Ad carrys NEED to focus on damage items, and ignore defensive items apart from guardian angel and quicksilver sash.. You buy a frozen heart on solo top and jungle champs mostly.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
I'm inclined to say wards are a better item. FH may give you a lot of really good stats and has a strong aura, but it can still be countered by stuff like double AP.

Wards are always useful, no matter what.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts

Maphacks are indeed always useful. The more the better.

Fleetsy
[ Display Name History ]

Fleetsy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • RSN:Fleetsy
  • Clan:Black Matrix

I'm inclined to say wards are a better item. FH may give you a lot of really good stats and has a strong aura, but it can still be countered by stuff like double AP.

http://tinyurl.com/c3puj8x

I buy wards no matter what role I play, the amount depends on what role I'm playing.

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
That item tier list really isn't in a form where it can be useful.

Totally depends on who you're playing, what the other team is doing, etc.

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts
I find Diff's articles to be interesting in how he attempts to do the analyses, but you have to take it with a grain of salt. He tries to make a lot of generalizations and fuzzy assumptions as leaves out a lot of unknowable/unpredictable things.

I find the AD carry generally picks up the fewest as the support should be the one warding the lane, but it sometimes helps to pick one or two up for extra bush control.

Fleetsy
[ Display Name History ]

Fleetsy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 171 posts

One thing that I stick by, and offer as advice for anybody who wants help is 'Everything is situational'. Just because your kickass build worked last game, this game might be different. etc etc.

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts

One thing that I stick by, and offer as advice for anybody who wants help is 'Everything is situational'. Just because your kickass build worked last game, this game might be different. etc etc.

Enemy team has AP champions top, mid and jungle (all with a lot of kills), and their AD (who is Urgot and therefore doesn't really benefit from attack speed) is doing poorly? Better buy frozen heart because it's the "best" item!

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts

Except wards. At every point in the game they are good. How/when/where you place them is the only situational part, but your team should always be making an attempt to get some on the map.

Fleetsy
[ Display Name History ]

Fleetsy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 171 posts

Except wards. At every point in the game they are good. How/when/where you place them is the only situational part, but your team should always be making an attempt to get some on the map.

This.

It pains me to see people claiming only Supports should be buying wards.

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts
The AD is the only one who really has an excuse for not buying them since they lane with the support, but even then if you're getting all the kills and extra fed, you can chip in to cover all your bases.

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
What about champs with warding abilities? (Teemo,Shaco,etc.)
Posted Image

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts
Not really reliable for the actual warding component. Shaco boxes are usually best for ambushing and mid team fight disruption, not actually cordoning off areas.

Teemo's shrooms and Nidalee's traps are probably the best bets for vision, but they're generally inadequate replacements for real wards.

Riot mentioned they were considering a wriggle type item for supports which would have been awesome, but I think they might have scrapped it.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
Once the trap is used, it's gone until you replace it. That means you could get ambushed on the way to replacing your shrooms/traps/etc. Wards provide much more vision. Even if you are playing teemo you should ward.

Fleetsy
[ Display Name History ]

Fleetsy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 171 posts

Once the trap is used, it's gone until you replace it. That means you could get ambushed on the way to replacing your shrooms/traps/etc. Wards provide much more vision. Even if you are playing teemo you should ward.

You could say the same about replacing a ward, but I see your point.

Mid July patch went live today for the EU-W client. I tested out Eve in the Jungle, running AS Marks, Armor Seals, MR Per Level Glyphs and AD Quints. She seems to clear it quite nicely without leashes; and the stealth would be great for ganking. Might try her out in a normal later on.

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
I think the Eve rework is not as good as they made it sound.

She can clear fine (and she could before too), and her ganks are okay. The biggest advantage is definitely that she won't be seen by regular wards when approaching. The range on her stealth only gives her a small advantage when approaching her target.

However she lacks CC, so she can't effectively gank a lane where the target has flash up or has an escape skill. That said, her ganking is still her strong point.

Where she's lacking is being useful after laning phase. She doesn't do much in a team fight before getting blown up.

Fleetsy
[ Display Name History ]

Fleetsy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 171 posts

She can clear fine (and she could before too), and her ganks are okay. The biggest advantage is definitely that she won't be seen by regular wards when approaching. The range on her stealth only gives her a small advantage when approaching her target.

However she lacks CC, so she can't effectively gank a lane where the target has flash up or has an escape skill. That said, her ganking is still her strong point.

Where she's lacking is being useful after laning phase. She doesn't do much in a team fight before getting blown up.

Even without the use of her ultimate?

sarg1010
[ Display Name History ]

sarg1010

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,760 posts
  • RSN:Sarg1010
  • RSN2:Teh Sarg
Posted Image

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts

Riot has some changes planned. I saw some screenshots of a high elo eve player talking to morello, saying her ultimate cooldown and lack of hard cc were her biggest disadvantages and morello saying that stattick had some changes planned.

The new xin looks crazy good. That ultimate is extremely useful now. I watched guardsman bob stream him a little a couple days ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users