Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

League of Legends

• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
I tried it again and it's too grindy.
The hero prices are out the roof. 6,000 points to get a dude and you get like 100 a game... yuck. 60 games to try out a dude or wait till he comes around once every 3 months. I'm not spending $100 to find somebody decent and fill up that rune page with appropriate stuff.
FYI, HON is like 100% free too as in you can pick every hero. You only spend money if you want that one special skin or voice actor.
Just be prepared to mute everybody at the start of each game unless you like listening to clowns cry.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts
I thought F2P HoN also had champion rotations...?

Champs don't really take more than a month or two to come back on the free rotation, unless it's a special case like Evelyn or Twitch. You should be able to find out what champs you wish to play on your way to level 30 and then you can just purchase a few that you like.

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
People who paid for HoN before they went F2P has full access to heroes I think. The thing I hate about LoL is buying runes. "You want to try a completely different role on a different type of champion? Have fun playing 48 hours worth of games to get the runes you need!"
Posted Image

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
It's really not very grindy. You can play the game fine with free week champs, and there are tons of cheaper champions that are just as good. If you find a champ that you really like during a free week, buy it with real monies. The point of the game is definitely not to farm IP, and you honestly hardly need IP at all until you can buy tier 3 runes at level 20/21.
I've currently got like 25k IP, most of the champions, and pretty much all of the runes I need.

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
Hero rotations are a thing of the past in HON.
You can play with all heroes all modes on your first game.
It's rougher around the edges than LOL or at least less polished.
The interface is shittier, and you find yourself fighting with it more than LOL.
But the graphics, voice acting, and pacing are much better and the heroes are more devastating.
Well some of them are I mean.
They have that bad tendency of balancing the game around the "competitive players" which means there are plenty of gimp heroes which apparently only fit a niche role.
And this is because the "pros" play some weird ass game where nobody fights 1 on 1, nobody dies, and everybody just run around farming and hiding from each other for 30 minutes until they count towers and somebody hits the concede button.
Of course the hugest negative to the HON is the game is mostly played by people like the red haired clown in Colorado who went all supervillian at the movie theatre.
HON has to be video game of choice at juvenile prisons. I can almost guarantee it. Which is why I bothered with LOL at all...

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts

Hero rotations are a thing of the past in HON.
You can play with all heroes all modes on your first game.

Is this with a brand new account that I register with no history? Or with one of those legacy accounts that were purchased before F2P?

Golvellius
[ Display Name History ]

Golvellius

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,685 posts
Brand new.
You just get moved into the unverified pool for awhile which is mainly trolls and smurfs.
Oh and I think the most newest hero is early access ($$) only.
But right now its only prophet and he looks like shit which pretty much describes anything people label "support".
As for games modes, mid wars tends to have less asses than the other modes, but really that's not saying much.

Golvellius.png

Fleetsy
[ Display Name History ]

Fleetsy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • RSN:Fleetsy
  • Clan:Black Matrix
Incoming new skin for Cho'Gath.

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN '07:Shruiken

Been playing with it all night on the pbe. His new dance is tier 1 for sure.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Fleetsy
[ Display Name History ]

Fleetsy

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • RSN:Fleetsy
  • Clan:Black Matrix

How do the upcoming buffs fare?

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts

How do the upcoming buffs fare?

I'm not a chogath player so I couldn't really judge it. I'm more excited about the yorick nerf than anything else this patch. They're halving his omen of famines healing effect when it attacks minions.

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
LOL I got matched up vs 2 pro players (Theoddone and Xpecial from TSM) in a normal game somehow. I laned vs Xpecial in mid... I got slaughtered. Got ganked by Theoddone to give up first blood, and it didn't get much better after that. I did manage to get a 1v1 kill in lane when he got overconfident... but that was my only kill of the game.

So yeah, it's almost like they do this for a living or something, whereas I hardly even play ranked. Was a pretty fun experience though.

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts

The hero prices are out the roof. 6,000 points to get a dude and you get like 100 a game... yuck. 60 games to try out a dude or wait till he comes around once every 3 months. I'm not spending $100 to find somebody decent and fill up that rune page with appropriate stuff.
FYI, HON is like 100% free too as in you can pick every hero. You only spend money if you want that one special skin or voice actor.
Just be prepared to mute everybody at the start of each game unless you like listening to clowns cry.

at least you can get past the shitty graphics. i told my friend i'm playing dota2 and he recommended this game. i looked it up on youtube and laughed at the quality.

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts

at least you can get past the shitty graphics. i told my friend i'm playing dota2 and he recommended this game. i looked it up on youtube and laughed at the quality.

The graphics are not worse than dota 2...

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts

The graphics are not worse than dota 2...

When's the last time you saw Dota2? LoL looks like 2D sprites...

Posted Image

Posted Image

xSxqPowerx
[ Display Name History ]

xSxqPowerx

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,043 posts
You've taken an older picture of LoL before terrain was updated.
As far as character design/graphics go, that's just a different art style. I personally think LoL's character look better, but that of course is opinion. I would question how you ended up on a Runescape site if that is your main concern in a game.

Faux
[ Display Name History ]

Faux

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,805 posts
edit: lol nvm.

Power
[ Display Name History ]

Power

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • RSN:Power2o
  • RSN2:Power2ho
Has anyone been able to check out the champ Syndra? Seems average but might be pretty cool.

Power2o.png
Power2ho.png

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
Haven't played League of Legends since June... were there any major changes between then and now?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts

Haven't played League of Legends since June... were there any major changes between then and now?

Stealth rework (finally) released, katarina rework, and soraka art/model update coming next patch. Since the world championships are coming up soon, they haven't made any major updates to keep the meta stable. But they've been hinting at big changes after season 2 is over, on the same level as the jungle remake after season 1 was over. We know they are working on a bunch of new items, and a complete overhaul of top lane due to how snowbally it has become.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users