Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

League of Legends

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

baalboy5
[ Display Name History ]

baalboy5

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,823 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:ozma

I know Shaco is banned. I'm saving for Malzahar - Prophet of the Void.

You'll be disappointed.

Any1 here just do TT? I only do 3v3 cause 5v5s sucl
3v3 require more teamwork n map control.

And I disagree with AP bein better then AD on ezreal.
His q and E all he needs. Sure his ult does damage. but it also gives 5 stacks on his passive (which means he already has more attack speed to spam Q)

Teemo - He's just not good. You can play him in super situational teams, but, 99.99% of the time, not worth it. He has a blind that shuts down melee dps. Combine with exhaust. he can shut down Tyrn/jax/xin/ect...

Evelynn - Melee stealth, 400g on an oracle and you won't win. She just bad. I agree
Twitch - Stealth but super squishy, any sort of CC and you die. If I play twitch. its always cleanse + flash. Always attack after every1 else to not be focused. poistion urself to escape so u can flash + go invis
Gangplank - If you farm all game, avoid teamfights, get loads of items, you will be average endgame. He's just terrible after some nerfs.
I have a 20% chance to crit page JUST for him. Crit pistol is awesome. He has a spell that removes alll on him. and his ult slows. (and uits global)
Ryze - He's great if you are starting out, but the range on his spells are awful and as you get better he's easier to beat, any sort of magic resistance and he is useless. Good ryze do their job and hit the main dps. then just go support. magic resist sacrifice to do no damage? you are doing your job.
Twisted Fate - Super squishy and hard to master, requires some luck also. He king of killing towers on 5v5s. He can stun and if going with attack speed he can do damage

Good champions, learn to play them if they are fun for you:

Shaco - Jumps through walls, has a slow, great backdoor potential and awesome map control. BANNED. no skill. When I play shaco I always have decieve ready. all you gotta do if you are gonna die.
Heimerdinger - Best pusher in the game right now, a good Heimer is unbeatable. WW ult on him b4 he can freeze tower + teammates. Dead. sry but he easy to kill.
Vladimir - He is so OP right now, you can get tons of health and tons of damage and be unkillable lategame even after a bad start. No skill. king of being a [kitty]. He has a "get out of jail free card". His ult is OP and LIES when you try to cleanse it out.
Taric - A stun, a heal, great pusher, great lane partner early game for any champion. He can kill towers easy, but lacks dps unless with a good team. Same with soraka. She just a mana+heal [bleep]. only as good your team.
Soraka - 2 Heals, a mana restoration spell, silence, and a formidable pusher.
Morgana - She is very powerful at the moment, needs nerfing. 2 stuns, a spell shield and the best short cooldown AoE in game.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

anScooter
[ Display Name History ]

anScooter

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • RSN:Randuin
  • RSN2:Q 4 Dyslexia
I also believe you can be good with anybody, it all depends on who is on the other team.

Also, I rarely play 3v3 unless I am running with a 3 man premade and I am consistently getting bad/stupid/annoying teammates. I generally try to run a 5v5 premade, but sometimes just go in as a duo with my brother.

Champion Sneak Peek: Urgot, the Headman's Pride

Some stories bring new meaning to the phrase: "cautionary tale," and I'm pretty sure that this one qualifies. Meet Urgot, the Headman's Pride. As you might be able to tell, this bloke's seen a few scrapes in his life and, by this point, is a bit the worse for wear. While he may not be winning any beauty contests, you're really got to admit it, the guy's got style. Unless, of course, you’re an arachnophobe. Then the two of you might have issues. Be on the lookout for Urgot as he scuttles his way onto the Field of Justice in the coming patch.

Other details about the next Patch
Subject to change before the patch.

Major nerfs to Heimer and Shaco. Pretty excited about this. Buffing cleanse back up too.

J Mollerz
[ Display Name History ]

J Mollerz

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
  • RSN:J Mollerz
  • RSN2:Calcium IRL

I'm sorry but just because you arn't good with a certain unit doesn't mean they're not good. I can beat most people with Teemo, and I can usually push a lane by myself as Teemo, against 2 or 3 people, and do fine. I can do fine as Gangplank as well.

I play every champion, I have more wins than losses on all but Kassadin. I can beat most people with Teemo as well and of course it is easy to push a lane with your poison, just load it up any time a champion tries to get near since his range is good. He's just useless in a teamfight for the most part.

I know Shaco is banned. I'm saving for Malzahar - Prophet of the Void.

You'll be disappointed.

Any1 here just do TT? I only do 3v3 cause 5v5s sucl
3v3 require more teamwork n map control.

And I disagree with AP bein better then AD on ezreal.
His q and E all he needs. Sure his ult does damage. but it also gives 5 stacks on his passive (which means he already has more attack speed to spam Q)

Teemo - He's just not good. You can play him in super situational teams, but, 99.99% of the time, not worth it. He has a blind that shuts down melee dps. Combine with exhaust. he can shut down Tyrn/jax/xin/ect...

Evelynn - Melee stealth, 400g on an oracle and you won't win. She just bad. I agree
Twitch - Stealth but super squishy, any sort of CC and you die. If I play twitch. its always cleanse + flash. Always attack after every1 else to not be focused. poistion urself to escape so u can flash + go invis
Gangplank - If you farm all game, avoid teamfights, get loads of items, you will be average endgame. He's just terrible after some nerfs.
I have a 20% chance to crit page JUST for him. Crit pistol is awesome. He has a spell that removes alll on him. and his ult slows. (and uits global)
Ryze - He's great if you are starting out, but the range on his spells are awful and as you get better he's easier to beat, any sort of magic resistance and he is useless. Good ryze do their job and hit the main dps. then just go support. magic resist sacrifice to do no damage? you are doing your job.
Twisted Fate - Super squishy and hard to master, requires some luck also. He king of killing towers on 5v5s. He can stun and if going with attack speed he can do damage

Good champions, learn to play them if they are fun for you:

Shaco - Jumps through walls, has a slow, great backdoor potential and awesome map control. BANNED. no skill. When I play shaco I always have decieve ready. all you gotta do if you are gonna die.
Heimerdinger - Best pusher in the game right now, a good Heimer is unbeatable. WW ult on him b4 he can freeze tower + teammates. Dead. sry but he easy to kill.
Vladimir - He is so OP right now, you can get tons of health and tons of damage and be unkillable lategame even after a bad start. No skill. king of being a [kitty]. He has a "get out of jail free card". His ult is OP and LIES when you try to cleanse it out.
Taric - A stun, a heal, great pusher, great lane partner early game for any champion. He can kill towers easy, but lacks dps unless with a good team. Same with soraka. She just a mana+heal [bleep]. only as good your team.
Soraka - 2 Heals, a mana restoration spell, silence, and a formidable pusher.
Morgana - She is very powerful at the moment, needs nerfing. 2 stuns, a spell shield and the best short cooldown AoE in game.

Remember, I'm talking about high ELO where you can depend on your team and everyone has good map awareness, teamfights and ganking are done in the blink of an eye, you don't lose because of bad players on your team but because you get simply outplayed or the other team has a better setup which you didn't realise whilst picking champions, however the latter doesn't really happen much.

I didn't say AP Ezrael is better than AD. I said it is better at lategame. Early game, AD Ezrael is much better and you can harass so easily, you push towers fast because of your attack speed and should dominate whichever lane you are in. However, lategame when teamfights are the most reliant thing, AP is far better because if you can catch the entire enemy team with your ult that's such a huge advantage.

Teemo - As I said, situational, you can blind, but that's not a great form of CC, you might aswell go Ashe/Ezrael and kite the melee. Xin can still knockup through a blind, Trynd can still spin and slow you through a blind, Jax can still stun you through a blind. And you can always take an exhaust. You get good map awareness with him, because of mushrooms but you have a low base AD rating, so endgame, someone like Ashe/Ez/Yi will be much more powerful, even with a blind they will still kill you if they are of equal skill. There are just better carries.

Twitch - I kind of didn't go into detail for a reason but, you can play twitch but he's really not that great at a higher ELO because of team positioning, you won't just get into a lane and everyone spam their spells, you'll be fighting over dragon, Baron, different buffs and in the jungle. You need to go everywhere as stealth, but even with Flash and cleanse you will die fast because teams will walk together and never alone. Twitch relies heavily on positioning, but one exhaust WILL shut him down. This is a time Teemo IS good, because you can lay down mushrooms and see where twitch is at all times, but in the end people will just pay the extra 60g to get vision wards instead of sight wards.

Gangplank - I know someone who has 300 games with Gangplank alone, he used to be good but now he says, just don't play him because he is bad, which he is. He has a built in cleanse which is good, but it doesn't help when you die in 3 hits anyway. You rely heavily on getting a full critpage that you can't get survivability items, and you die fast, even without a stun. His ultimate isn't good either, since you stack crit and AD and the ult scales with AP, it's just an annoyance and prevents tower pushing, it's just random. You cannot win a high ELO game with a Gangplank on your team, fact.

Ryze - You say that the enemy getting magic resist to counter Ryze instead of damage items is better because it means you do your job? Defensive items are standard in high ELO. Ryze is just a bad character but can be played at Low ELO because of his potential to nuke and is not so reliant on runes.

Twisted Fate - He is best played AP, so I'm just not going to go into detail about this because you obviously have no idea about this champion. Again, you CAN play him but it's not recommend, again very team reliant.

Shaco - If you don't use deceive except for getting away then you don't know how to play Shaco. It's not good doing almost nothing then just deceiving away. He is very easy to play, but he is very hard to play WELL. A good Shaco will crush and pound you and backdoor when your team is trying to push. I have 20+ wins and 3 or less losses on 3v3 as him. I don't like to play him 5v5 since I don't build him great, but a good Shaco is unstoppable, always banned, agreed.

Heimerdinger - Obviously you haven't played versus any good Heimers. A good Heimer will push minions and NOT a tower to get minion kills and feed off these rather than champion kills whilst at the same time denying the other mid. I play Heimer with 8.5 magic pen, 14 mana regen and 300 health runes, I am unkillable at start game and don't push a tower tactically. I force the other player to go back with harass, push half a tower at once whilst taking a trip to another lane and getting 2 kills. A lot of Heimers level their turrets first, which isn't bad, but you can play him differently. I farm for a Zhonya's ring ASAP for teamfights, it works.
Posted Image
Click my signature for my blog!

J Mollerz
[ Display Name History ]

J Mollerz

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
  • RSN:J Mollerz
  • RSN2:Calcium IRL
New stuff:

Heimer is now [cabbage].
Miss Fortune is well balanced.
Malzahar is balanced.
Urgot is [cabbage] too.
Posted Image
Click my signature for my blog!

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts
Little update:

Swain - The Master Tactician is out, he's tagged as an anti-support and mainly used for CC. Not much of a killer but when I played him I went 19/0/13. He's good fun, try him if you get the chance! Also, free champion weekend is over with, was fun!

Poppet
[ Display Name History ]

Poppet

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Poppet
I downloaded and played my first game today went 2 kills 14 or so deaths mainly focused on slaughtering their buildings which killed 2 and assisted killing a couple others.

Won too.

Looking to get Ashe first.

Also any pointers this is the first RTS I have played in years besides Aog.
76561198012301951.png

Icuownage
[ Display Name History ]

Icuownage

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,528 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
This game looks interseting, will be checking this place out. Tomorrow, right now it is sleepy times.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I downloaded and played my first game today went 2 kills 14 or so deaths mainly focused on slaughtering their buildings which killed 2 and assisted killing a couple others.

Won too.

Looking to get Ashe first.

Also any pointers this is the first RTS I have played in years besides Aog.

Learn whatever champ fits your play style. This will help you with preventing deaths and killing others, learn their range, how they move, what items they're best with, and their skill set. Also pick a alternate champion or two. If someone from your team chooses the champion you usually play with you can't pick them. Mine is Teemo with a back up of Sivir, since they play mostly the same. Never face an enemy by a turret, they will turn and shoot you if you target an enemy. Annoying when you have a champion like Sivir who hits multiple enemies and people stand right near the turrets, the turret will only target you if you target a champion on their side, minions are fine.

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
I have to ask how do you guys stand playing like one or two characters only? I mean I don't know about some of you but in HoN I play pretty much every hero on the board now and then with the exception of maybe 2 or 3. (So around 63 or so heroes that I tend to play).

I couldn't stand playing one "hero" or "champion" for a hundred matches.

That being said any of you guys pay attention to your forums or whatever? Apparently there was a big uproar about Milkfat (a decent HoN player) who said he'd be the top LoL player in the world in 90 days :D. Apparently people were pissed when Riot gave him some free XP or whatever (they ended up taking it away).

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts
Personally I own about 25 Champions, so I switch things up quite a bit. I do have my main, Annie The Dark Child and everyone else is my secondary since I do well with everyone. If anyone needs tips or wants to Skype and has questions for me please don't hestitate to ask! I'd be happy to help and I'm on nearly everyday! "I Know Judo" is my username.

With regards to the HoN player who was going to be the best player. I'm assuming they gave him to XP in order to reach 30 and have full masteries so he could play at his full potential. I'm surprised Riot didn't give him a full rune page as well. This is all speculation of course.

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
They did, people whined en mass on the forums and they took it away. I actually watched his stream a little bit. Funny as hell seeing a bunch of HoN pros stomping a game they've played for a day.

And I guess hearing people talk about a "main" is odd. I mean I do have around 5 or 6 heroes I tend to play a lot when I want to win... but I don't really "main" anything. I suspect that's all due to the odd rune system which sort of locks you into one hero/playstyle though right?

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

They did, people whined en mass on the forums and they took it away. I actually watched his stream a little bit. Funny as hell seeing a bunch of HoN pros stomping a game they've played for a day.

And I guess hearing people talk about a "main" is odd. I mean I do have around 5 or 6 heroes I tend to play a lot when I want to win... but I don't really "main" anything. I suspect that's all due to the odd rune system which sort of locks you into one hero/playstyle though right?

I wouldn't say playstyle, I'd say character style if anything. I have a rune page for melee DPS which consists on many generic melee DPS style runes, such as attack speed, critical strike chance, and some extra health. Then I have a rune page for my main, Annie. She's a caster and uses mana. SO naturally I'd have some mana runes, some cooldown reduction runes because I'm useless if I can't use my moves, and then some ability power runes because extra damage on spells is always useful. Now I can play almost any caster-type-champion with that rune page, since it's somewhat generic, just like I can play any DPS style champion with the other page. I'm not sure if anything I said made sense, but I'm sure you'll understand.

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts
I own more champions too, and every now and then I will pick a random one, give me some variety, but I usually like to stick with the ones I am better with. Usually the Ranged champions, I feel the magic ones always kind of suck, but the mage is rarely a good class in any mmo. Yeah they have high burst damage in most of them but why are they so damn squishy? I try my new champions, but it's not often I find one I like. That's not to say i'm not good with them, or at the very least decent, I just don't have fun playing as them. And I don't like to play games I don't have fun with.

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts
What's your username? I'd love to play with you later and show you what Annie is capabale of. :) I'm not trying to call you out or anything. Don't worry. :P

Poppet
[ Display Name History ]

Poppet

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Poppet
See the idea is Nadril in a game like TF2 there are only 9 classes meaning if I play around on different classes it affects my gameplay on my best suited class a whole lot due to fact I'm learning the whole metagame of for example Spy verus Pyro.

However due to LoL's 60+ champs I would have to play 60+ games using each champ to really understand the Metagame better and become a better player but that's more time consuming when I could play my best champ for about at best 9 games and also better comprehend my champ to a higher degree.

Sure doing the 60+ games puts me at a decent level to play any champ but it spreads my ability thinly in comparion.

You are right though you should still have a fair few champs at well playability which is about 10 champs at least so if all 9 of your best champs are being played you still have 1.
76561198012301951.png

Nenga
[ Display Name History ]

Nenga

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,187 posts

What's your username? I'd love to play with you later and show you what Annie is capabale of. :) I'm not trying to call you out or anything. Don't worry. :P

Nenga I believe, but I haven't played in a few days, FEZ has been calling to me.

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

Nenga I believe, but I haven't played in a few days, FEZ has been calling to me.

I'll add you when I get home. I have bowling class tomorrow morning but other than that I'm free basically all day if you would like to play.

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts
Forgot to post this:

CHAMPION SNEAK PEAK:

http://www.leagueofl...lady-luminosity

If Swain was a bit dark for your taste, then this next champion ought to be more your speed. She'll be a real ray of light into your otherwise dreary day. Allow me to introduce Lux, the Lady of Luminosity. Representing the City-state of Demacia, Lux is not only the latest champion to grace the Field of Justice, but also the sister of everyone's favorite Might of Demacia, Garen. Whether you're a strong believer in sibling rivalry or just want to keep it in the family, Lux should make the perfect addition to your champion collection.

Guthorm
[ Display Name History ]

Guthorm

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,313 posts
  • RSN:The Awesome
  • Clan:Retired but hoping to come back one day
Garen's sister can make Garen invisible.

Garen now has a portable 3 second brush. Better hide yo kids, hide your wifes, and hide yo husband too cuz he is spinning everybody out there.

That been said I think the community overreacted. MilkFat got infinite RP and IP and Riot deleted an account just so he can get his name. The biggest gripe the community have with him is that he posted a video on youtube while sounding like an Ahole, that is why so many people dislike him even before finding out about the RP/IP and the name thing.

That been said, I am not surprised he is doing well considering he is a great player. While playing against people who generally just started, yea I expect him to destroy.

Then again the forum did laugh at him for going 0/10/1 for one game playing as EZ.
Posted Image[
Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Pirate_Felix
[ Display Name History ]

Pirate_Felix

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,323 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

I play HoN a lot and am working on getting into playing it more competitively.

As far as LoL goes I have not played it however I think the mechanics that they changed over from DoTA are dumb and only helped to dumb down the game (towers doing more damage, no denies, gameplay is slower paced and fights last a lot longer). In all honesty I should play the game to help support my opinion but in all honesty I'm not trying to review the game here so why should I bother.

That is all I'm going to really say about the game. Like I said I don't feel comfortable "Debating" about a game I have never played.

So its another version of DotA with less heroes, no denies (._. noobgame), slower paced gameplay and longer teamfights?
I fail to see how this is better than DotA/HoN
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users