Returning lost dung rewards

Urza285

Can anyone explain to me exactly why they feel the rewards from dung should be easily replaceable? Why should they be different from any other item you can die with? I get the fact its time invested but your xp stays the same, and any item is time invested.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You beg to differ.

Thats because you were being much more specific and you were involved enough in the debate that I can say "go read the entire thread". He, however, is a new arrival and I can't expect him to read the entire thread, so the last 2 pages are the closest he can get to a general overview. Make sense?

Btw, did you ever get around to reading or are you just waiting to find "contradictions" in what I say?

Can anyone explain to me exactly why they feel the rewards from dung should be easily replaceable? Why should they be different from any other item you can die with? I get the fact its time invested but your xp stays the same, and any item is time invested.

Because these items are really the only rewards from dungeoneering, and they have pathetically low high-alch values so most everything protects over them.

td2sig.jpg

Because your XP is worthless.

The only real reward, outside some of the better resource dungeons, is the reward token rewards.

O.O

• 11 months later...

Ok look, you can't compare the CLS reward to rewards like runite ore or blood runes.

You use xp to get a CLS whereas rune ore and bloods get you xp.

Two different things. If you want to make a comparison, you need to use an ability that xp achieves. For example, the ability to mine rune, instead of the rune itself.

You kidding me? This is the perfect comparison. Dung tokens =/= xp. You could probably go from 10-40 dung opening resource dungeons and doing genire lamps lol (kind of beside the point). Tokens are the reward for gaining xp in dung, just as runes and rune ore is the xp from getting xp in runecrafting and mining. Tokens aren't an ability. Your dung lvl is your ability. Which is why saying you lose your xp and ability is kind of silly. The CLS is the reward, just as whatever you do with your runes/ore is your reward.

All toads are frogs, not all frogs are toads. You CAN get DG xp without getting tokens, you CAN NOT get DG tokens without getting xp. See my point? Once I get 92 FM, I can get another adze when I lose mine simply by spending 20 minutes on an activity. I don't need to earn 600k Firemaking tokens to be able to buy another adze.

Sure, you unlocked the ability to wield chaotic weapons, but without a chaotic weapon to wield, that is rather moot.

CLS should honestly be free to regain imo,

Who_Tries.png

Edited by ForsakenMage
Do not insult members of the community.

(i would have lost it as well should i have one as i would then have had one with me at the time i died)

:ohnoes:

I think 50k/chaotic is reasonable after losing one.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot

==WARNING==

The next time you believe a thread is being brought back from the beyond, please simply report it. Do not post on the thread mocking the person who brought it back.

That being said, however, if the person is trying to initiate further discussion of the thread, it is not gravedigging. If you do not wish to participate in the thread, simply let it die on its own.

Not entirely sure why money should yet again control an aspect of the game; especially when it is in regards to the best weapons available. Furthermore, you lost the item, that's your fault for risking it. I don't particularly see why one should have an easier time regaining it. Then again, I come from a time when there were no gravestones and you actually feared dying.

Moreover, any new news on this subject? Missed this topic last year due to being inactive apparently :P.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

This discussion is honestly dead for the most part, since the time this was actively discussed, they have updated the death system and also updated the value of DG rewards upon death.

patr1ckotg1.png

If you lose a Chaotic you should do all the 2m exp of work to get it back again. if you know your risking you should know the procedure to get it back

/discussionover.

EDIT: Didn't realise this thread was resurrected.

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

If it's speculation, it's false. Highly doubt they're going to implement this change to give players another free insurance policy. While they're

at it, let's do the same with fire capes!