Dragon Age: II

Shiny

I must say, after loving the first one, completing it twice (I'm on my third play through) I cannot wait until Dragon Age: II. For those who haven't seen it, take a look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xx0pU-B_yA

I don't think it compares at all to the Sacred Ashes trailer, of the first game, but I think it definitely is more well done than the E3 trailer for the first game.

Wikipedia says:

Dragon Age II is the upcoming sequel to BioWare's 2009 role-playing game Dragon Age: Origins.[1] Unlike Dragon Age: Origins, the main character's background, race and voice will be set.[3] The story centralizes around a fully-voiced human character, Hawke, a Lothering refugee who rises to power.[3][4]

I don't know if I am going to love this or hate this - Part of what drew me to Dragon Age and got me loving it was the customization of your character. I liked chosing my own race, and their background. I don't think it will be too bad, but just something which has caught my eye.

Who else is looking forward to it? With a touch of doubt, like me? I think i'll still get the game, but it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

lampost_sig_stark.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely going to get it. I'm just waiting for what they'll include in the CE then I'll pre-order it. Much as I loved my Warden, I do think it's time for a new character and a new story. Really excited how things will turn out this time what with Flemeth coming back, the Chantry in ruins and ooh new areas to explore.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Yeah, really enjoyed the first game, not such much the expansion though. Playing as a only a human sounds pretty boring though, I will always will love playing a dwarf. So I'm guessing this is set after the first game? Any idea how they will configure that with all the different endings that can occur (that is if they are bringing back any of the old characters)?

Game's set during and after DA:O starting from the escape from Lothering and spanning 10 years. AFAIK, the only returning characters confirmed to make an appearance are Flemeth and Nathanial Howe.

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Awakening is buggy on all platforms but still fun (not sure if they've fixed the bugs for PC). If you've read "The Calling" you'll appreciate the game more :thumbup:

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Game's set during and after DA:O starting from the escape from Lothering and spanning 10 years. AFAIK, the only returning characters confirmed to make an appearance are Flemeth and Nathanial Howe.

Nathaniel as well? Cool. Would that be when you first get to the Free Marches?

Read a thing about it, apparently will be able to import saves, which will affect what's happening in Ferelden over the course of the game.

Everything sounds pretty cool except the no character customisation. That is one of the key points I like when playing RPG games.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If that is the case then I will definitely be getting the game. I like to make characters in RPG's look as much like me as possible and put myself into the game.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Awakening is buggy on all platforms but still fun (not sure if they've fixed the bugs for PC). If you've read "The Calling" you'll appreciate the game more :thumbup:

Awakening was a pain in the ass to play if you bought the disc for PS3. Uninstall Origins, turn off internet. Reinstall origins. Install Awakening. Then turn on the internet and get the newest patch.

Otherwise, this looks to be a lot more Mass Effecty. That's not a bad thing at all because I find Mass Effect's dialogue system much better than Origins. It's a definite buy for me though, Origins is my favorite RPG ever.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I thought the only thing that was taken out of customization was race. Thought I read that you could still pick class/sex/face details.

Yea that's been confirmed, you can only play as a human. PC modders would be a little disappointed though since the request for DA2 toolset is still in the "we'll see" stage. Not really worried about it, I play on a console anyway.

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

• 1 month later...

I think this would have been a good game by itself, but it would be hard to judge it as a sequel to a game like the original DA:O. Like already said, an attractive feature of the first game was the ability to customize your character and backstory. While this all eventually fell into line once the main story kicked in, it gave players a sense of, well, an origin.

I just don't think Bioware would have enough time to put in nearly as much effort and care into making DAII as they did with Origins in the year-ish time span they've given themselves.

So my initial prediction would be a strong expansion/add-on akin to Awakening or a somewhat weak full sequel.

I disagree with that comment, to be honest. They've been making this sequel for 2 years +, I believe. I am a bit annoyed about the character customization, to an extent. You can't choose wjhat race you are, and that is about it. You can choose how you look, whether you are male of female and your class.

lampost_sig_stark.png

They already developed their engine with DA:O so I guess that's the reason why quick production of DA2 is possible. Bioware claims they're working on 3 separate versions of DA2 simultaneously anyway (no more ports) so that just shows they pretty much know what they're doing now.

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

They already developed their engine with DA:O so I guess that's the reason why quick production of DA2 is possible. Bioware claims they're working on 3 separate versions of DA2 simultaneously anyway (no more ports) so that just shows they pretty much know what they're doing now.

Read that the gameplay will be different between the console and PC versions. Apparently that difference was already there in DAO, but now they're running with it.