Calling out the Clan Community

Danny_TeamDan

It's late enough in the year to make this my post of the year.

I will take your challenge, and i'll ante it up and say some of the changes i've been hearing requested (Sigs limits and name changing) are being reviewed and you'll see something soon that will make you happy ;)

Consider it money in the bank

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take your challenge, and i'll ante it up and say some of the changes i've been hearing requested (Sigs limits and name changing) are being reviewed and you'll see something soon that will make you happy ;)

I hope you actually post this time around.

6590ew.jpg

I hope you actually post this time around.

Not trying to be rude or anything, but I agree with Dandaman. I see you posting everywhere else but CD so it's not like you're inactive or anything. Even posting a grats in a war topic once in a while would be great.

j0xPu5R.png

Touche sir, Touche, I'm less active public than i'd like to be, but I could make excuses about being busy and [cabbage], but I do post in off topic, so I got no excuse. You and Killerred are right .

I feel into the trap I hated of being a behind the scenes staff guy and it took me awhile to come out of that at all.

I deserve what i'm getting here.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I really don't care, I'll do what i want with my time on forums, thank you for all of your concern! :thumbup:

It could be considered as spam, Ninane Confirm/Deny? I could see both sides to as why it is and is not spam, but what does a mod have to say?

All depends on the context. And as far as "gf <clans>" go, if people don't want to see posts like that anymore, we can look into removing them. But that has always been a...tradition? of the clan world to do something like that, and I and the rest of the staff would be really hesitant to take something away that has been such a long-standing part in clans and their respective communities.

hzvjpwS.gif

I really don't care, I'll do what i want with my time on forums, thank you for all of your concern! :thumbup:

It could be considered as spam, Ninane Confirm/Deny? I could see both sides to as why it is and is not spam, but what does a mod have to say?

All depends on the context. And as far as "gf <clans>" go, if people don't want to see posts like that anymore, we can look into removing them. But that has always been a...tradition? of the clan world to do something like that, and I and the rest of the staff would be really hesitant to take something away that has been such a long-standing part in clans and their respective communities.

I don't mind it, until the same person says it on every topic.

6590ew.jpg

I don't like it when people just quote pyramid without even posting something of their own. And like you said, when someone spams every topic, saying "grats <insert clan here>".

I will take your challenge. Should be good.

I don't really see a way to enforce it though, without people crying "OMGZ, THEY NAZIS" (Insert your regime here).

i'd prefer disabling postcount in the forum over removing spam GF personally.

It's kind of like blogscape, now some people may love it, but personally i've never understood ego-stroking that people need in that forum.

GRAT ON 75 SMITHING

OMG GOOD JOB 75 SMITH

NICE!

AWESOME!

GOOD JOB

OMGHAX.

It's pointless, but people like it, and it's accepted, and sadly popular, so I see no reason to piss people off in a trend to try to make people be something they are not - intelligent.

Abraham Lincoln

Well as I said what else can you say?

Just saying this but the more restrictions you put on something the more they will rebel/disassociate with it.

j0xPu5R.png

I don't really see a way to enforce it though, without people crying "OMGZ, THEY NAZIS" (Insert your regime here).

i'd prefer disabling postcount in the forum over removing spam GF personally.

It's kind of like blogscape, now some people may love it, but personally i've never understood ego-stroking that people need in that forum.

GRAT ON 75 SMITHING

OMG GOOD JOB 75 SMITH

NICE!

AWESOME!

GOOD JOB

OMGHAX.

It's pointless, but people like it, and it's accepted, and sadly popular, so I see no reason to piss people off in a trend to try to make people be something they are not - intelligent.

I understand it's hard to enforce but if you notice the same person doing it over and over you could send them a pm hey you're kinda posting the same thing over and over on every topic want to at least change the colors once in a while? Maybe move that thumbs up emote to the front perhaps add a few words?

Basically motivate them inform them or threaten them a lil bit

6590ew.jpg

Just saying this but the more restrictions you put on something the more they will rebel/disassociate with it.

Just spelling it out differently, let us know you're human and not a repeating post count orientated robot. Congratz gratz there are 1000's of different responses i don't want to read the same exact version of it all the time. There are tons of stuff too add, you recently just added stuff like good to see collision around haven't read much about you as of late, that makes it a 50x better post and actually brings meaning to other people than Gratz ClanNameHere thumbsupemote.jpg

6590ew.jpg

I hope Tip.it gets some decent clan moderators soon, ones who are actually in active clans for once? Not ones who were in clans once upon a time...... Or haven't been in a clan at all.

eosss4.png

Currently in: Echo Of Silence

Just spelling it out differently, let us know you're human and not a repeating post count orientated robot. Congratz gratz there are 1000's of different responses i don't want to read the same exact version of it all the time. There are tons of stuff too add, you recently just added stuff like good to see collision around haven't read much about you as of late, that makes it a 50x better post and actually brings meaning to other people than Gratz ClanNameHere thumbsupemote.jpg

True, but the whole purpose behind posting war topics is to gain publicity, not to generate a discussion.

j0xPu5R.png

True, but the whole purpose behind posting war topics is to gain publicity, not to generate a discussion.

Would it hurt to generate discussion on a FORUM? ...... NOT AT ALL. Also publicity feels much better when people are discussing your win more than reading messages that have lost value due to the person posting gratz saying the same message to everyone else just a diff clan name.

6590ew.jpg

I hope Tip.it gets some decent clan moderators soon, ones who are actually in active clans for once? Not ones who were in clans once upon a time...... Or haven't been in a clan at all.

I am in Solace.

Unclebilly1 is in RSD.

Quikdrawjoe is in LND and WG.

Abs is in Downfall.

Steeny is in BK.

Dfchester is in DW.

Laikrob runs The Slayers Guild, which is a community clan.

LegendaryStu and Das are the only ones not in a clan.

Are you sure you have your facts right?

hzvjpwS.gif

Would it hurt to generate discussion on a FORUM? ...... NOT AT ALL. Also publicity feels much better when people are discussing your win more than reading messages that have lost value due to the person posting gratz saying the same message to everyone else just a diff clan name.

Only real thing there is allowed to is to discuss the fight itself. Arguments/active topics only really happen when there is beef or disagreement with the result itself. When there isn't any of that, there really isn't any interesting replies.

j0xPu5R.png

Only real thing there is allowed to is to discuss the fight itself. Arguments/active topics only really happen when there is beef or disagreement with the result itself. When there isn't any of that, there really isn't any interesting replies.

I dont think people would talk about much more on them even if anything was "allowed" on them.

Abraham Lincoln

You're still avoiding typing out something different than "Gratz ClanNameHere emotehere"? If discussion happens it happens, not saying it will every time but you can analyze the war or personalize the congratz differently then you ALWAYS do or how others do it.

6590ew.jpg

I dont think people would talk about much more on them even if anything was "allowed" on them.

Didn't mean it in the context to change that. :razz:

You're still avoiding typing out something different than "Gratz ClanNameHere emotehere"? If discussion happens it happens, not saying it will every time but you can analyze the war or personalize the congratz differently then you ALWAYS do or how others do it.

Most people are lazy and only post grats. Tell me how it is different on RSC or any other clan discussion forum. It's really the same: most people post grats insertclanhere with the odd person posting something more creative.

And from personal experience, sometimes when a clan wants to avoid problems they instruct their members to just post good fight rather than a more creative response.

j0xPu5R.png

Most people are lazy and only post grats. Tell me how it is different on RSC or any other clan discussion forum. It's really the same: most people post grats insertclanhere with the odd person posting something more creative.

And from personal experience, sometimes when a clan wants to avoid problems they instruct their members to just post good fight rather than a more creative response.

Wait, why do we have to be the exact same as every other clan board again? As to the part of clan officials telling their members not to post stupid stuff, it's just that- stupid stuff. Dandaman619 isn't telling people to go post [cabbage] on everyone's topics, he's asking for more creative responses. That doesn't mean trolling, therefore clan leaders shouldn't care.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

You're not getting what I'm saying lol. You can't find too many people that type the same response just different clanname for every post. Even if they do it's a much larger community and others make it different. Here on tip.it though it's grown from a few to a handful and a handful in a small community begins to look really bad. Like I said before most people can afford 2 secs to spell it out differently or change a color add a diff emote. I'm in no way or form saying censor the words gratz clanname here or gf w/e you think im saying. It's when people start repeating the same thing over and over and over when it's annoying. If you're too lazy why post anyways?

The avoiding problems argument isn't a good one, seeing as you don't lose everyfight, and let's be honest even if you did you would start to cause beef or defend why you lost or throw out some excuses. It's almost more of a problem/ argument against people who weren't in the war, those people need to stop being robots posting the same thing all the time, 99% of the time the people involved in the war will always type a mix of things instead of the same thing for every single war topic.

6590ew.jpg

I am in Solace.

Unclebilly1 is in RSD.

Abs is in Downfall.

Steeny is in BK.

Dfchester is in DW.

Dfchester hasn't been dragonwood for months

WG doesn't do anything at all I don't count that anymore

Community clan? Please I'm talking about warring clans

Unclebilly isn't rsd anymore

Grats your 3 mods that are actually in clans that still war are Steeny(barley even active) yourself, and abs.

eosss4.png

Currently in: Echo Of Silence

Wait, why do we have to be the exact same as every other clan board again? As to the part of clan officials telling their members not to post stupid stuff, it's just that- stupid stuff. Dandaman619 isn't telling people to go post [cabbage] on everyone's topics, he's asking for more creative responses. That doesn't mean trolling, therefore clan leaders shouldn't care.

It's not about being the same as any other clan board at all. It's just the general way the clan community works. And what I mean by officials instructing their members on posting is that if there's a tough loss usually they would flame or something which could contribute what was said as "uncreative posting".

You're not getting what I'm saying lol. You can't find too many people that type the same response just different clanname for every post. Even if they do it's a much larger community and others make it different. Here on tip.it though it's grown from a few to a handful and a handful in a small community begins to look really bad. Like I said before most people can afford 2 secs to spell it out differently or change a color add a diff emote. I'm in no way or form saying censor the words gratz clanname here or gf w/e you think im saying. It's when people start repeating the same thing over and over and over when it's annoying. If you're too lazy why post anyways?

The avoiding problems argument isn't a good one, seeing as you don't lose everyfight, and let's be honest even if you did you would start to cause beef or defend why you lost or throw out some excuses. It's almost more of a problem/ argument against people who weren't in the war, those people need to stop being robots posting the same thing all the time, 99% of the time the people involved in the war will always type a mix of things instead of the same thing for every single war topic.

I'm just saying that the majority of responses will be similar in nature. I'm just not keen on adding rules and regulations when there needn't be any. I say, if someone wants to post like that, let them. It will make those who actually put effort into their replies more noticeable.

I do agree though, someone who just posts a :thumbup: should have their reply removed.

j0xPu5R.png

I am in Solace.

Unclebilly1 is in RSD.

Abs is in Downfall.

Steeny is in BK.

Dfchester is in DW.

Dfchester hasn't been dragonwood for months

WG doesn't do anything at all I don't count that anymore

Community clan? Please I'm talking about warring clans

Unclebilly isn't rsd anymore

Grats your 3 mods that are actually in clans that still war are Steeny(barley even active) yourself, and abs.

If you don't count WG as a clan, when they are still actively warring, then that's your ignorant mistake. And we cater to ALL clans, not just community clans.

Haven't spoken personally to Chester and Billy lately since I returned from my break, so that's my mistake. But you seem mad for no real reason. Do you have a real complaint, or are you just trying to cause problems?

hzvjpwS.gif

Why doesn't Tip.it have a reputation system so I can -1 posts like

TL;DR

LOL

or something to change my username to something more relevant to my current rsn? :thumbdown:

That's because it serves as basically another method for trolling and insulting people as well as show people who are posting like idiots (...) that they're, well, posting like idiots.

The bolded part would be one of the main reasons I would want a reputation system. I honestly doubt too much trolling/insulting would come out of it either.

Leader of Nexus

Solace FA

PI6lf.png

http://www.nx-clan.com/