Calling out the Clan Community

Danny_TeamDan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how even this topic has turned into a troll. Kinda proves the point that you can't "just have the intelligent trolls". Seen a lot of people trolling my clan, am I bothered, no? Pride comes before a fall, and if people learned they DON'T HAVE TO RESPOND TO EVERYTHING THEY DISAGREE WITH then things might be running a little more smoothly.

That's the problem with people; they like to find an easy target and latch on, admittedly some of the posters from my clan do stir things up now and again, but it doesn't mean you need to attack them every single time. Maybe if people took some time and weren't so easily aggrivated by people saying stupid things like "you mad bro" "you're 8 years old" "your clan is gunna die" then there wouldn't be so many unintelligent trolls in the first place. If you give people a reaction then they're obviously going to continue with the trolling.

Point in case

[hide]

I'd rather have a troll-free "inactive" forums than let those sad kids do their thing.

:thumbup:

this one opinion led to this:

so you'd rather have boring forums that are like hanging out at your grandmas retirement center, then actually active forums? Yes this is a very intelligent post.

To be fair he's more of the kinda poster that focuses on his clans topics or topics concerning his clan, so naturally he won't like trolls.

You seem mad bro.

Don't tell me.

You are one of those sad 8 year olds too?

You can keep trolling my clan, I'm not worried.

Your clan will die soon, whereas my clan will continue to evolve and thrive, as we did lately by winning one of the Jagex'c Cup sub divisions with a pull of 75 people.

You say you dislike trolls yet you call people 8 yr olds :S:S seems like you too do your fair share of trollin'

What is this I don't even, actually to tell you the truth my clan died in 2008 after the wilderness was removed, but im 100% sure they were better then your clan will ever be, two Im actually not 8 years old but thank you for your concern as to keep these forums kid free, three seems like it took you quite a while to type this out and its like what 50 words? Four you seem to hate trolls so much because maybe your clan is idiotic enough to post stupid stuff on these boards resulting in the trolling of TR or whatever. despite popular belief we dont troll anyone at any time for the sake of trolling we troll clans/teams that post dumb stuff.

Jesus Christ, you people need to get a grip, just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean you HAVE to respond to it. Maybe it'd be a good idea to think about what you're going to say and put forward a valid argument rather than go in for a "I can't think of anything better to say, so I'll just insult your clan, dignity and personal stance, thereby undermining you, trolololol" approach.

[/hide]

Good thing is though, we do have people who can respond intelligently:

You honestly have no idea how intelligent trolls could save these forums instead you are talking about all of the 8 year old kids that troll your clan on here, I guess all of Tipit is 8. I suggest you really understand and think about what you post before u end up posting, and what's the community cup never heard of it.

Trolls not only give a little more heated discussion to topics, but they bring out the white knights who try to counteract the troll, sure some sorts of trolling wont help Tip It, but intelligent trolls as Dandaman has done has sparked debates within topics, these debates have contributed to more of an insight on the topic written as a whole, or even a war that has occurred, and more people will get into it because of a troll post.

^ sh00r he trolled my clan, but at the end of the day it's still a GOOD POST: COOKIE FOR AM8!!

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

Jesus Christ, you people need to get a grip, just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean you HAVE to respond to it. Maybe it'd be a good idea to think about what you're going to say and put forward a valid argument rather than go in for a "I can't think of anything better to say, so I'll just insult your clan, dignity and personal stance, thereby undermining you, trolololol" approach.

Do i have to remind you this is clan discussion lol..

cafq0zh5.gifElite Member of Ascension | hrkot2.gifSenior Member of Silent Ember | 3145bsw.jpgOld School of TPR

unled2hm.png

Do i have to remind you this is clan discussion lol..

That does not mean it should be beyond people to think about what they do before doing it.

I'd rather have a troll-free "inactive" forums than let those sad kids do their thing.

so you'd rather have boring forums that are like hanging out at your grandmas retirement center, then actually active forums? Yes this is a very intelligent post.

To be fair he's more of the kinda poster that focuses on his clans topics or topics concerning his clan, so naturally he won't like trolls.

You seem mad bro.

Don't tell me.

Your clan will die soon, whereas my clan will continue to evolve and thrive, as we did lately by winning one of the Jagex'c Cup sub divisions with a pull of 75 people.

You say you dislike trolls yet you call people 8 yr olds :S:S seems like you too do your fair share of trollin'

How is saying someone focuses on his own clan on forums and probably won't like trolls considered trolling him? There is nothing wrong with sticking to your own topics and it's a pretty true statement about him. You are really hard to please so I'll expect some kind of weird response about how this is a troll too...

I fail to see how the other part where I called him out calling people 8 yr olds is a troll. Control your member if you are really that upset that he caused problems.

6590ew.jpg

[hide]

You seem mad bro.

Don't tell me.

How is saying someone focuses on his own clan on forums and probably won't like trolls considered trolling him? There is nothing wrong with sticking to your own topics and it's a pretty true statement about him. You are really hard to please so I'll expect some kind of weird response about how this is a troll too...

I fail to see how the other part where I called him out calling people 8 yr olds is a troll. Control your member if you are really that upset that he caused problems.

[/hide]

I was focusing more on how that post was a stepping stone, rather than itself beign a troll, and semi-contextulised the rest of the 'conversation'.

It's not upet me at all, but I thought this topic was about 2 things: getting people to post in a more original manner and discussing the problems of trolling. As I said in my post if you just ignore these things it helps, if it's annoying you THAT much report it. Really there's no need to 'call him out', because that's ultimately just going to lead to MORE trolling and nothing constructive...

[hide]

You seem mad bro.

Don't tell me.

[/hide]

I was focusing more on how that post was a stepping stone, rather than itself beign a troll, and semi-contextulised the rest of the 'conversation'.

It's not upet me at all, but I thought this topic was about 2 things: getting people to post in a more original manner and discussing the problems of trolling. As I said in my post if you just ignore these things it helps, if it's annoying you THAT much report it. Really there's no need to 'call him out', because that's ultimately just going to lead to MORE trolling and nothing constructive...

Yes, there is a need to call him out if he is being a hypocrite about trolling. What your saying is that his trolls are acceptable and don't need to be called out, however you feel the need, on every topic to call out other people's. Control him if you don't want him to be made to look like an idiot, because his posts reflect back on your clan, and currently the image isn't looking too great.

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

[hide]

You seem mad bro.

Don't tell me.

[/hide]

Yes, there is a need to call him out if he is being a hypocrite about trolling. What your saying is that his trolls are acceptable and don't need to be called out, however you feel the need, on every topic to call out other people's. Control him if you don't want him to be made to look like an idiot, because his posts reflect back on your clan, and currently the image isn't looking too great.

I never said his trolls are acceptable, I don't know if you've completely mis-interpreted what I've said but basically I was hinting that it would be best to ignore trolls, because if they don't get a rise then they'll be much less inclined to troll.

As for me calling out trolls on EVERY TOPIC I READ, would you please show me an example? The only place I know where I'm an ass is the 'rants' section of forums. Usually I only post on a topic if it interests me or I want to respond to someone who has adressed one of my previous posts (as I am doing just now). Very rarely do I go out of my way to point out that someone has been trolling, I trust my fellow CD readers can pick this out and don't feel the need to point out that someone is being an idiot.

I like how even this topic has turned into a troll. Kinda proves the point that you can't "just have the intelligent trolls". Seen a lot of people trolling my clan, am I bothered, no? Pride comes before a fall, and if people learned they DON'T HAVE TO RESPOND TO EVERYTHING THEY DISAGREE WITH then things might be running a little more smoothly.

That's the problem with people; they like to find an easy target and latch on, admittedly some of the posters from my clan do stir things up now and again, but it doesn't mean you need to attack them every single time. Maybe if people took some time and weren't so easily aggrivated by people saying stupid things like "you mad bro" "you're 8 years old" "your clan is gunna die" then there wouldn't be so many unintelligent trolls in the first place. If you give people a reaction then they're obviously going to continue with the trolling.

Point in case

[hide]

You seem mad bro.

Don't tell me.

What is this I don't even, actually to tell you the truth my clan died in 2008 after the wilderness was removed, but im 100% sure they were better then your clan will ever be, two Im actually not 8 years old but thank you for your concern as to keep these forums kid free, three seems like it took you quite a while to type this out and its like what 50 words? Four you seem to hate trolls so much because maybe your clan is idiotic enough to post stupid stuff on these boards resulting in the trolling of TR or whatever. despite popular belief we dont troll anyone at any time for the sake of trolling we troll clans/teams that post dumb stuff.

[/hide]

Good thing is though, we do have people who can respond intelligently:

You honestly have no idea how intelligent trolls could save these forums instead you are talking about all of the 8 year old kids that troll your clan on here, I guess all of Tipit is 8. I suggest you really understand and think about what you post before u end up posting, and what's the community cup never heard of it.

Trolls not only give a little more heated discussion to topics, but they bring out the white knights who try to counteract the troll, sure some sorts of trolling wont help Tip It, but intelligent trolls as Dandaman has done has sparked debates within topics, these debates have contributed to more of an insight on the topic written as a whole, or even a war that has occurred, and more people will get into it because of a troll post.

^ sh00r he trolled my clan, but at the end of the day it's still a GOOD POST: COOKIE FOR AM8!!

Actually you'll find that I did not troll him in the beginning only when he posted the idiotic post as I stated before did I respond with a troll, I merely asked him a question in which he responded in an aggressive manner, he is actually quite the hypocrite because you will find that he uses terms that are used by 8 year old kids which he described as "sad", while my posts are very clearly written and are understandable. It's really not my fault that he snapped and made that post, so really it's not the trolls ruining the forum it's the people responding to them like that ^.

eosss4.png

Currently in: Echo Of Silence