Assume Nothing

Bonus Xp Weekend - September

Im going to do exactly what I did last time: train skills I hate.

Well, first I'll use all my charms, check trees/fruit trees, might as well get the most xp I can out of them. Then I'll either blackjack theiving (did it last time and got 65-75 extremely fast) or do Agility, thought I'm not sure yet where. I'll probably get 70 Agility and go to do as much blackjacking as I can, getting 80 would be cool.

I think the flaw in their reasoning is that just because someone enjoyed the last one, doesn't mean they want another. If they based the second one off how many people enjoyed it, rather than how many people want it, that is a terrible mistake.

Think about it. Many of you hate this because it's going to mess up the economy and everything else. However, despite that, how many of you are going to let the bonus xp go to waste? And if you make good use of that time, it doesn't really matter what you do, since it's a nice big boost to your xp. Therefore, how can anyone who participated say they didn't enjoy it?

That doesn't mean they want another. To be frank, I enjoyed the last bonus xp weekend. It got me 95 summoning and a nice pile of other xp. However, I would've liked it better if they did not have the bonus xp weekend in the first place, much less a second.

I think the flaw in their reasoning is that just because someone enjoyed the last one, doesn't mean they want another. If they based the second one off how many people enjoyed it, rather than how many people want it, that is a terrible mistake.

Think about it. Many of you hate this because it's going to mess up the economy and everything else. However, despite that, how many of you are going to let the bonus xp go to waste? And if you make good use of that time, it doesn't really matter what you do, since it's a nice big boost to your xp. Therefore, how can anyone who participated say they didn't enjoy it?

That doesn't mean they want another. To be frank, I enjoyed the last bonus xp weekend. It got me 95 summoning and a nice pile of other xp. However, I would've liked it better if they did not have the bonus xp weekend in the first place, much less a second.

When has Jagex ever used sound logic? :mellow:

td2sig.jpg

When has Jagex ever used sound logic? :mellow:

Haha, well played. :D

Well, this is the first time I've actually seen so much opposition to the double xp weekend, even on the rs forums. It seemed like mostly everyone was begging for the next one to come, now its like everyone wants it not to occur. :unsure:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Well, this is the first time I've actually seen so much opposition to the double xp weekend, even on the rs forums. It seemed like mostly everyone was begging for the next one to come, now its like everyone wants it not to occur. :unsure:

People didn't want a second one to come, but they were saving stuff on the chance one would come. And look, one did.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

As much as I hate this weekend, I've been prepared since April with everything I need :thumbup:

Bought my fruit/tree/calquat seeds back then along with all of the gardener payments and summ ingredients I need for my charms (forgot summer pies though). Haven't trained either since March, so they're the same ones I bought back then (during the crash).

My plan is:

Check all 11 trees

Circus (Agility only, idc about range/mage)

Agility at Advanced Gnome (summer pies) until 1.1x

Summoning til my charms are gone

Log out

Sounds fun... <_<

Gonna hoard for 6 months again as soon as the weekend is over, during the crash.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

For some reason I feel like this entire event is just an attempt to further [bleep] out dungeoneering. Since summoning was nerfed so hard people are going to either train slow skills like RC and mining, or dungeoneer.

From what I saw last time around, most of the RS community was against the bonus xp and hoped that we would never have another one. This is either a push to get people to dungeoneer, or I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist :D

E: it worked on me btw, I'll be dungeoneering if the tokens are doubled.

4e0Vn.png

For some reason I feel like this entire event is just an attempt to further [bleep] out dungeoneering. Since summoning was nerfed so hard people are going to either train slow skills like RC and mining, or dungeoneer.

From what I saw last time around, most of the RS community was against the bonus xp and hoped that we would never have another one. This is either a push to get people to dungeoneer, or I'm a crazy conspiracy theorist :D

E: it worked on me btw, I'll be dungeoneering if the tokens are doubled.

whether tokens will be doubled or not raises an interesting question

Yes, another 3-4 weeks with a market that fails. Bonus exp weekend should be non-buyables only, to avoid the market crash.

Yeah... that would be a really good idea to be honest. I was lucky enough to have lots of unused herbs stocked up, so I'm gonna use them, but I would be ALL FOR an exp weekend that only let you train skills like mining, wc and agility. ^^

Blakdragon39.png

I hate the idea, I was gonna get 85 herblore but spending 41m to get Extremes without maxed meeles seemed stupid so now I am gonna just dungeoneer.

Btw since the token rate is 10 xp to 1 token wouldn't that mean if your gettin 1k exp instead of 500 from a dungeon it would be 100 tokens instead of 50? I don't see why it wouldn't be double tokens. I'm gonna go for a Arcane Stream that weekend.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

They should have lowered the amount of items you could buy at once. Like only being able to buy 250 herbs every 4 hours. Would mean being able to buy 1500 herbs a day, and it would help to spread out the herbs amongst actual players and not just merchants.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Well I'm actually happy they are having one. Since school is starting up I will barley even log on anymore. I will use this double xp weekend as the last time I will play for 3-4 months and I'll do whatever I feel like doing at the moment. :mellow:

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Ah yes, the constant herb farming is finally going to really pay off.

Overloads, here I come.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

Bought 13k uncut emeralds ready for cutting. Should get me a couple crafting levels. Then onto fishing rocktail for the last few hours. Looking forward to it :D

2vuhgcn.png

I'd like a double money weekend to back this up to further \:D/ things up :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I'd like a double money weekend to back this up to further \:D/ things up :P

Excellent idea, the GE giving bonus cash on trades? Or the trade window? Because I'd just trade some semi-valuable gear with a friend :).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Just rebought claws for min. Hope they'll have a price curve similar to the last bonus weekend.

What were they like?

Last year was bad maths. Hopefully they make it add up properly this time.

Atleast if they say 2 + 2 = 4 they should try to make it actually equal 4 rather than 3.4.

This year its better to just stock huge amounts of things incase they think the answer is 3.1 and mess up peoples calculations/best guess of what resources they need.

I imagine its actually quite annoying for most people who are trying to maximise whatever they trying do achieve in double xp. Especially with things like herblore where you unlock stuff like overloads and plan to ride the rest of the trip on them with other bought resources instead of wasting money making the previous less worth while items, only to discover you havnt gained enough xp due to jagex bad maths and forced to buy more at a heavy cost or lose out on the huge xp from overloads. Further wasting time making those extra pots rather than the overloads themselves.

*cof*

But yes. Something similar xp is what bonus xp weekend is all about. If its herblore in particular remember to stock up big time ontop of what you think you need as you can always find some use for leftovers anyway. :unsure:

VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<

bazzaminxer.png