Semantics and grammar in general.

Hobgoblinpie

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Online video game, spelling and grammer dont matter, stupid thread, IDC if i get bnned for calling this thread for what it is, rant about something important like wendy's chilli

Simply untrue.

How so, its not an english class bro, I dont get how not having proper grammar on a MMORPG is a big deal...

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Oh and not to mention that its kind of sad to see 25+ year old people playing this game and correcting teenagers over a roleplaying videogame, like they cant improve on any aspect of their life, and that the best thing they can do is have online English class. kind of sad.....

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Oh and not to mention that its kind of sad to see 25+ year old people playing this game and correcting teenagers over a roleplaying videogame, like they cant improve on any aspect of their life, and that the best thing they can do is have online English class. kind of sad.....

Why is it sad?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Why is it sad?

Because if your 25 you should have better things to worry about then going Ape**** when someone is wrong on the internet, If your 25 then you should be worrying about the rent not if someone spelled a word(s) wrong. Not to mention that it is a MMORPG (Massive multiplayer online ROLE PLAYING GAME) so if I want my character to sound like an idiot that's fine. (Its also fine to sound like an uptight jack*** but kind of stupid [refering to what I said in the first sentence])

Lol kinda just caught myself in a logic trap but you get the drift.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Why is it sad?

Because if your 25 you should have better things to worry about then going Ape**** when someone is wrong on the internet, If your 25 then you should be worrying about the rent not if someone spelled a word(s) wrong. Not to mention that it is a MMORPG (Massive multiplayer online ROLE PLAYING GAME) so if I want my character to sound like an idiot that's fine. (Its also fine to sound like an uptight jack*** but kind of stupid [refering to what I said in the first sentence])

Lol kinda just caught myself in a logic trap but you get the drift.

A - If you want people to take you seriously, perhaps consider proper grammar in your posts. B - You're assuming people who correct others go "Ape****", which isn't necessarily true. Although it's okay to use some abbreviations in writing, excessive use is simply annoying, and an eyesore. C - 'Sad', in your context, is a subjective word. Just because you think something is 'sad', doesn't mean it's 'sad' to everyone.

I only agree partially with your argument. Although it's annoying for people to be correcting very minor grammatical errors, people that simply can't type a coherent sentence really ought to not be on the internet, at all.

A - If you want people to take you seriously, perhaps consider proper grammar in your posts. B - You're assuming people who correct others go "Ape****", which isn't necessarily true. Although it's okay to use some abbreviations in writing, excessive use is simply annoying, and an eyesore. C - 'Sad', in your context, is a subjective word. Just because you think something is 'sad', doesn't mean it's 'sad' to everyone.

I only agree partially with your argument. Although it's annoying for people to be correcting very minor grammatical errors, people that simply can't type a coherent sentence really ought to not be on the internet, at all.

you understood what I was saying so I really dont care if i am not the best at grammar. Plus should I really care if im grammatically correct over a runescape Fan forum...

Also I was making an argument, you understood the argument I shouldn't have to try harder to convey my point if it is already taken.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Within RuneScape, I am seeing a dramatic degradation of grammatical standards. I'm sure many of us have encountered the 'Can I lend x', only to actually mean that they want to borrow an item. Obviously, English is not everyone's first language, and I have a level of tolerance (as in, I'm not going to demonise anyone for spelling things incorrectly) but when these mistakes come from people whose first language/mother tongue is indeed English, it infuriates me somewhat.

I'm not talking about typos (missing a letter out), I mean proper errors like 'Barrowing [insert item here]'.

It makes me question whether these are genuine mistakes, ignorance disguised as trolling, trolling disguised as ignorance or anything other possible combination.

Its a common phenomenon in most computer games. I'm quite sure the majority of the people you've categorized spell fine in school, and speak properly.

The reason one slacks on grammar, punctuation and spelling, generally speaking, is because it's a game.

I had good grades in school and top marks @ grammar, but it doesn't hinder me from typing like an 8 year old from time to time.