Does a Clan HAVE to PvP?

Briann

Clans dont really need to PvP if they don't want to, But like if you want to get better and more known in the clan world. You'll have to PvP, You learn way more about warring then doing Cwa. Also Cwa is pretty boring cuz you dont risk. :thumbsup:

Recruit me pl0x?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends what you are after. If you are a "warring" clan and base your prowess on it you will have to pvp to get to the next level. CWA I believe is a great place to test performance and organization. It is a way to figure out clearly what you need to work on whether it is tanking, pile transitioning, organization of styles, and warring in other aspects.

It allows you to teach without losing money. I do however believe it is a step to what many see as the basis of this game in pvp. The problem is that so much money has been pumped into this game it can sort of become an outlasting fight. This however is why I believe the top 25-15 is the ideal spot to be in for warring as in an uncapped fight the majority of clans will not attempt to outlast (at least from my experience).

As said previously with pvp comes crashing and not so much based on performance. It is why full outs have gone to the wayside. At times it feels like a pkri uncapped is about what clan is willing to throw more of their bank away and in the end it has to be about what you will ask of your clan as leadership.

So long story short

PVP is required to go up ranks in a strictly warring clan.

flamesig.jpg

We get pressured, trolled and flamed for not doing PVP activities but we don't really care since we do what we enjoy and when the time is right we will take this step forward.

I don't think clans do have to PVP, unless they aim to be considered a top 15 clan where really it's kinda necessary.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Nah, they don't have to, but I think they'd be missing out on a great deal of the fun. With that said, though, the top clans in today's runescape are ranked by their abilities in pvp pkri's, so if you want to compete with the big dogs in the game you'll have to put your banks on the line. The top tiered clans will usually always go uncapped pkri, and the mid-tiers will usually time cap.

Proud Gladiator

gladzorgrespected.png

A clan doesn't have to do anything they don't want to. If a clan enjoys pvp then by all means that should do it, but clans that don't enjoy it or don't get the "thrill" that others get shouldn't be forced to do it. Some clans don't do it because their members don't enjoy it, so why should anyone force them to do something they don't enjoy?

ranksf.png

mostloved.png

Clans don't have to, I guess some people like warring in cwa, but warring in the wilderness brings that nostalgic feeling when two clans faced off like pre clan wars. I think newly formed clans tend to stick to cwa more, or clans that have adopted and like cwa more. When cwa first came out however, a lot of clans slumped and a lot of members retired so I guess with the risks of pking in the wilderness there is still that enjoyable feeling of warring in the wilderness.

eosss4.png

Currently in: Echo Of Silence

Not really but cwa clans should really try stepping up to PvP. A rune set these days are only worth 150k-200k. You can easily get that amount especially if you're p2p. I really recommend starting with small matched PvP wars since it's really fun. If you refuse to do so then that's fine but you're really missing out a lot of fun. That's just my opinion :^_^:

kuru72siggy3.png

Retired on: June 30, 2010

As far as i'm concerned CWA can be removed once and for all seeing neither me nor my clan will be affected, although unfortunately I don't see it happening in the near future.

You have to risk it to get the biscuit

forsakensig1.png

Looking for an active GMT Pking & Warring clan? Click here

I don't think clans "have" to pvp.

CWA has several advantages - mainly a stricter rule set, leading to a more definite outcome, privacy (preventing crashing) and of course the obvious benefit of not wasting rune.

Unfortunately, if a clan wants to be truly considered "serious" by the top 10 elite, they basically have to pvp. As much as I feel this is unfortunate, it is undeniable that pvp fights end up being a showcase of dedication, which is what separates the top ten from the lower clans in the first place.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Just a question.

Why is T0 much respected while they dont war in PvP

Whilst Lgz gets flames from everyone because we are too "scared" to step in PvP.

Ex Retaliation High Council | Ex Legendz High Council

lgzfriendly.png

#Legendz on IRC

Proud to have been a Power Ranger

It's not necessary to pvp. However I find more excitement if my clan does pvp and cwa as well, so its not the same old story over and over again.

PvP is fun.

lightningcopy.png

It's more enjoyable and only thing you could do before 12/10/07. CWA shows the better performance, but it's easy to say PvP's a lot more fun to fight in. Also have to remember that older clans are used to PvP and PK'ing, so you really can't move up in the clan world without doing it. (Basically what RS Clanning is) Rivalries can't happen either unless a clan does PvP, which is a huge part in the clan world

Risk's not too high unless you do longer PvP PKRI's (3 hour+), 250K is hardly anything in RS from my perspective though :huh: Certain clans do get flamed over being CWA, but they are the ones to cause beef with other clans. (CWA Beef is boring, other clan will flame them into it since they are the ones to flame a clan)

It's basically about outlasting and are crashed easily, however. CWA easily shows the better performance.

Retired Dragonwood | Retired Impulse

20zy62b.png

I feel like the members of a clan should decide whether or not the clan does pvp. Cwa clans are here for a reason and thats because people don't want to do pvp, so why should anyone "have to pvp."

On the other hand, I also think that clans who haven't tried pvp, and have a dedicated member base should try it out. If you don't like it then stick to cwa, nothing wrong with that :P. For a first pvp war I would recommend a non returning fight.

EX-Tempted Killers FA Manager

282fkab.gif

EX-Lethality Warlord

I feel like the members of a clan should decide whether or not the clan does pvp. Cwa clans are here for a reason and thats because people don't want to do pvp, so why should anyone "have to pvp."

On the other hand, I also think that clans who haven't tried pvp should try it out. If you don't like it then stick to cwa, nothing wrong with that :P. But trying it will bring an experience to your clan that will most likely better it.

EX-Tempted Killers FA Manager

282fkab.gif

EX-Lethality Warlord

Just a question.

Whilst Lgz gets flames from everyone because we are too "scared" to step in PvP.

Honestly maybe its just the tip.it community that is like that in terms of "respecting" T0 however many within the tip.it community do not push for pvp. It is only now that many of the clans that were higher ranked in the previous TWR list are getting into pvp (Clans such as downfall). Downfall is starting to make a splash in there cause of having decent pulls and stepping into pvp on occasion but they are not really experienced in it (it was within the last few months maybe before summer? that we brought them along on our f2p late night trips in which it was the first time I had heard of them really going into pvp).

Any clan that has done a great deal of both CWA and PVP can say they are VERY different in terms of how things play out. 2 clans can fight in pvp and cwa for a specific amount of time and could have completely different results (should the pvp fight be clean). Tanking/piling/sniping/styles/gear all play a huge role in pvp while in cwa people can bring their "best gear" and not worry about risking it. PVP in many ways puts people on a more equal playing field at times. We personally like the higher end gear simply because it signifies more opts so that it translates into our tanking in pvp.

Bring any of these clans to RSC and many will not even know who clans such as T0, Legendz, Eternity are. Clans such as BK, DW, THE, Gladz, and others have all been in pvp before and sometimes due to decreases in ml at a specific point in time will focus more on CWA. At least this is what I have noticed, but this may not necessarily be true its just an observation. These clans have all established themselves in pvp previously and notice that when they do not pvp they get branded as "dead" among at least the higher up clans (and sometimes their peers).

Clans get flamed cause of this. Bring any of the "respected" clans away from tip.it and have them post wars. I bet some trolls will say "who are you" and others will be like "oh yay a cwa fight fight in pvp".

flamesig.jpg

No a clan doesnt have to do only pvp

After being in pvp warring based clans for years I decided to take a different route and try out Cwa mostly based clan

Runescape is there for you to join, and once things such has ddosing, hacking, phishing (yes rival clans do that to each other), long hour wars (up to 10 hours per week just for wars) the game stops being fun. Main reason for most of those illegal activities is because of pvp run ins. People will do anything to get an advantage over there rivals/oppenants in this long boring and repatative wars.

I enjoy Cwa now because it promotes fair play, easy to see who the winners are without playing in a dishonest way, no crashers or stupid people getting involved

Just a question.

T0 is special tho

Not anything to do with us being "special", i think it may be because we don't claim we do PvP, we are a CWA based clan, and have never said otherwise.. It may also be because we have tried PvP a couple of times, but our members haven't liked it, so like i said in my earlier post, why force people to do something they don't like?

ranksf.png

mostloved.png

Just a question.

Honestly maybe its just the tip.it community that is like that in terms of "respecting" T0 however many within the tip.it community do not push for pvp. It is only now that many of the clans that were higher ranked in the previous TWR list are getting into pvp (Clans such as downfall). Downfall is starting to make a splash in there cause of having decent pulls and stepping into pvp on occasion but they are not really experienced in it (it was within the last few months maybe before summer? that we brought them along on our f2p late night trips in which it was the first time I had heard of them really going into pvp).

Any clan that has done a great deal of both CWA and PVP can say they are VERY different in terms of how things play out. 2 clans can fight in pvp and cwa for a specific amount of time and could have completely different results (should the pvp fight be clean). Tanking/piling/sniping/styles/gear all play a huge role in pvp while in cwa people can bring their "best gear" and not worry about risking it. PVP in many ways puts people on a more equal playing field at times. We personally like the higher end gear simply because it signifies more opts so that it translates into our tanking in pvp.

Bring any of these clans to RSC and many will not even know who clans such as T0, Legendz, Eternity are. Clans such as BK, DW, THE, Gladz, and others have all been in pvp before and sometimes due to decreases in ml at a specific point in time will focus more on CWA. At least this is what I have noticed, but this may not necessarily be true its just an observation. These clans have all established themselves in pvp previously and notice that when they do not pvp they get branded as "dead" among at least the higher up clans (and sometimes their peers).

Clans get flamed cause of this. Bring any of the "respected" clans away from tip.it and have them post wars. I bet some trolls will say "who are you" and others will be like "oh yay a cwa fight fight in pvp".

THE didn't help Downfall get into pvp, they had 5+ pvp wars before they started late night pking with you, and I'm pretty sure they always late night pk'd every now and then for fun. The rest of your post is agreeable with.

6590ew.jpg