Does a Clan HAVE to PvP?

Briann

Honestly maybe its just the tip.it community that is like that in terms of "respecting" T0 however many within the tip.it community do not push for pvp. It is only now that many of the clans that were higher ranked in the previous TWR list are getting into pvp (Clans such as downfall). Downfall is starting to make a splash in there cause of having decent pulls and stepping into pvp on occasion but they are not really experienced in it (it was within the last few months maybe before summer? that we brought them along on our f2p late night trips in which it was the first time I had heard of them really going into pvp).

Downfall has always had late night PvP trips.. when I first joined DF in December 2009, it was a daily thing.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three years ago, there was only PvP.

What I really like about clans is how we brought our own style of playing into the game. Wars, PKRIs, clans and so are all player-created. CWA is a Jagex creation. In my opinion, it's TOO fixed. If you want a perfect war in a set arena where everything goes according to plan, it works. PvP adds an element of unpredictability. For one, you get loot, and you risk in turn. It's more old-school, no FoG or Corrupt (Usually). Getting crashed is a pain, but it adds an element of interest to the fight when looking back afterwards.

CWA is like a Kia Ceed. PvP is like a Porsche 944. Depends on if you can handle a wildcard.

Just a question.

Why is T0 much respected while they dont war in PvP

Whilst Lgz gets flames from everyone because we are too "scared" to step in PvP.

T0 is special tho

Not anything to do with us being "special", i think it may be because we don't claim we do PvP, we are a CWA based clan, and have never said otherwise.. It may also be because we have tried PvP a couple of times, but our members haven't liked it, so like i said in my earlier post, why force people to do something they don't like?

Than why is it whenever we declare a war Rizzle or Abkb come in : Step in pvp or scared?. I never see them doing that at T0 topics.

@ Your Question ; simply dont. but your clan isnt guaranteed from being troll-free.

Ex Retaliation High Council | Ex Legendz High Council

lgzfriendly.png

#Legendz on IRC

Proud to have been a Power Ranger

T0 is special tho

Not anything to do with us being "special", i think it may be because we don't claim we do PvP, we are a CWA based clan, and have never said otherwise.. It may also be because we have tried PvP a couple of times, but our members haven't liked it, so like i said in my earlier post, why force people to do something they don't like?

Than why is it whenever we declare a war Rizzle or Abkb come in : Step in pvp or scared?. I never see them doing that at T0 topics.

@ Your Question ; simply dont. but your clan isnt guaranteed from being troll-free.

Maybe they don't like your clan? That's not our problem you're disliked, sorry.

Genesis Leader

Ending Templar & Trial Caller of The Rising

Ex-Leader of Silent Ember - Ex-Leader of True Ownage - Ex-Leader of Legendz

Former Tip.It Clan Community Leader

Whilst Lgz gets flames from everyone because we are too "scared" to step in PvP.

They go into PvP with Downfall. They're not capable of doing it on their own, from what I've seen, but they haven't given up. They still found a way for it to happen.

Hell, even Downfall is getting a lot more notice and respect from the top 20 because of their pking. It might be at late night when only CL and crew are out, but they're out there. Biggest hitch I see for them though is they're letting their rivalry keep them out when they have the ability to meet them head on and outlast it, if not excel in it.

hzvjpwS.gif

Depends on what your clan is based around. Most clans are based around PvP, however there are some clans which are purely focused on skilling and doing events about skilling.

only if they want to be well known, attract users, and not be written off as a joke.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Just a question.

T0 is special tho

are you telling me Abkb and Rizzle are causing problems? their the worst trolls on these forums... really and T0 have done pvp. But if you want a concrete answer then my answer to you is T0 earned their respect. theyve never gone down the lines of adding people from other clans so that they can benefit themselves from it. LGZ used coll and that shamed them. Obviously LGZ went down a lot in the meaning of Respect in most people, apparently in your case Rizzle and Abkb. T0 have done nothing but be a honorful clan and are receiving respect back for the respect they give everyone else.

They go into PvP with Downfall. They're not capable of doing it on their own, from what I've seen, but they haven't given up. They still found a way for it to happen.

Hell, even Downfall is getting a lot more notice and respect from the top 20 because of their pking. It might be at late night when only CL and crew are out, but they're out there. Biggest hitch I see for them though is they're letting their rivalry keep them out when they have the ability to meet them head on and outlast it, if not excel in it.

yes u are completly right, T0 do go out with Downfall but they have also by themselves. Downfall has a bigg oppurtunity here because of their good pulls to take it to the next level, all we can do is wait.

kristn.png

Both have their benefits, I personally like both but prefer PvP simply because of the risk involved, gives you more of an adrenaline rush than a CWA war. Only problem with PvP is, for small clans atleast, there's alot of "casual" crashing, like some clans/teams nowadays just do it for lulz.

Getting consistent clean fights in PvP is really hard now, which is unfortunate because it makes it more difficult for small clans to try and adjust. Not to mention that the limited PvP worlds doesn't exactly help.

CWA is still something I'll always want to war in, unlike PvP, CWA is where imo a clans real organization can better show. No crashing, accurate number stats etc. helps this statement. It would be perfect if Jagex involved risk/gain in CWA, but that won't ever happen since the sacrifice for such a thing would be the wildy.

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

No clan has to PvP. There is usually a point where if a clan does very well in CWA, the only way to further enhance that clan's progress would ideally be PvP fights. This doesn't go for every clan; there are clans that do not PvP whatsoever and remain CWA-based. That does not make them a bad clan, that just means majority of them prefer remaining in that area and prefer to better themselves there. With PvP, comes the sense of improving almost the entire structure of a CWA-based clan to prepare for some situations such as disastrous rivalries and being spied on. PvP tends to be more liked by the people who endured the loss of the Old Wilderness, and those who seek 'loot' from kills. That's just my opinion. Truthfully, I believe if a clan really wishes to excel, they would push themselves in both CWA & PvP, not stick to either one as the main way to war.

On personal notes, Solace balances out a healthy amount of CWA to PvP, but we tend to challenge ourselves in PvP and push ourselves quite frequently there. However, we also push ourselves to be better than most clans/teams in CWA. Team TKO Blitz has had amazing warring records in CWA and we always prove to be a force in CWA, but we are not intimidated by PvP offers and we can do just as much damage in PvP as we do in CWA. Then again, we are a team, and we have a mixture of people from top clans/middle-sized/lower-tiered clans. The difference between Solace and Team TKO Blitz is the latter is a team. Being a team, we have to come to an understanding that PvP is not something we focus on. There are some clans that remain in CWA and are content with what they do there, while some clans do both and either work on improving or are good in both.

There is no reason why a clan 'must' do PvP, the question to do PvP is up to those in that clan.

marco.png

Retired Member of TKO Blitz

Retired Member of Octane

No one "must" to do anything, it's a game people play for fun ...... <_<

But If you really wanna step it up in the clan world, then yes I think you should go into PvP more often.

I personally enjoy PvP more then CWA though, I think it's more exciting and more things happen in there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~Proud Ex-Council of Tempted Killers, There Since Day One~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~No Regrets, Only Memories ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not at all, a clan that has always been a CWA may well be better off sticking to that, members might have joined specifically because of that and they may lose those members if they try to change their direction. To gain recognition it appears to be important to do PvP but if you're a clan that couldn't care less about being recognised then you should stick to exactly what you want to do, that's something that I very much admire my own clan for, we have gone into PvP more but we respect those who make the decision to stick to Clan Wars and enjoy our fights there.

Do you want to love me?

i find a mixture of Cwa and PvP really fun.

Really PVP and Cwa i call it both warring, to me it's like the same thing but different rules and such.

Cwa has some benefits that PvP does not.

-Clear Winner

-No crashing

-Rules are more enforced

PvP there are crashing, different maps and dieing ofc.

Clans usually get more attention when warring in pvp and a lot of people find it more fun and intense. It also shows that your members are more dedicated that they are returning and don't mind dieing? However a lot of clans that don't do PvP are either cause there members are too poor or they just everyone enjoys CWA a lot more.

narbotm.png

happinesssolace.png

Tko Blitz Guardian #tko_blitz | Solace Trial General #solace

`Nar on IRC, PM Me if your intrested in fighting Tko Blitz or Solace

We as T0 solely base our clan as CWA since I hate to admit I absolutely hate PvP, not because of the loss of rune (that's just a plain stupid reason) but the amount of drama it causes ie. crashing, and flame fests on every topic. We did do a couple of PvP wars and most of our members just hated it. We're not planning to get to the top 20, but I guess you could say we're earning our respect on the way. Besides, before a new member joins T0, they will be told that we are mostly CWA based, so it's pretty much their choice. Heck, the majority of people in T0 only like to do CWA, but there's always a few that just want us to step up to PvP which we will never will.

But I guess it can be a true test for new members to show how dedicated they really are. I know some of you would completely disagree to the first half I just said but that's how I see it in my eyes.

warriasig.png

sparkle0mj.gifLeader of True 0wnagesparkle0mj.gif

Forums || Memberlist || Recruitment Topic

[Proud Clan Europe Senior Member]

We as T0 solely base our clan as CWA since I hate to admit I absolutely hate PvP, not because of the loss of rune (that's just a plain stupid reason) but the amount of drama it causes ie. crashing, and flame fests on every topic. We did do a couple of PvP wars and most of our members just hated it. We're not planning to get to the top 20, but I guess you could say we're earning our respect on the way. Besides, before a new member joins T0, they will be told that we are mostly CWA based, so it's pretty much their choice. Heck, the majority of people in T0 only like to do CWA, but there's always a few that just want us to step up to PvP which we will never will.

But I guess it can be a true test for new members to show how dedicated they really are. I know some of you would completely disagree to the first half I just said but that's how I see it in my eyes.

I'm not trying to prove you wrong, rather defend pvp in a way i guess lol...but CWA causes just as much Drama. T0 have also been apart of flame fests (Dv just to mention) Crashing isn't too much of a big deal, doesn't happen too often and if it doesn't then you get an ac or world hop or flat out deal with it.

But the other points are fine and that's good that you know our member base and can cater to their needs.

6590ew.jpg

well said.

It really depends on what the clan was made for. Obviously Castle Wars clans don't need to pvp. As for regular clans I think pvp should be something to do besides CWA. It just gives members a better view on things because warring in the Wilderness is a whole other thing then doing it in CWA. Of course you can stay away from pvp but then you probably won't get as many fights with other clans because most of the clans out there enjoy a pvp fight now and then rather then staying safely in their comfort zone in CWA.

puuloppgs5.png

bk.png

Proud BlacKnights Emeritius