fakeitormakeit2

Mosque at Ground Zero

As much as this is a an overused signature;

40% of statistics are made up 90% of the time in 4 out of 5 posts.

Don't act like you've never used an estimation. inb4 "no actually, I haven't, I research it all" OK OK OK OK OK

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Don't act like you've never used an estimation. inb4 "no actually, I haven't, I research it all" OK OK OK OK OK

I use estimations all the time. When I teach kids, I can estimate that maybe 20% of the students I have taught actually make a full effort in their learnings. I have had an actual number of students, a few hundred, so I can think in my head and say "Hmmm, maybe like 80 of my 400 students demonstrated an earnest effort" This would be a perfectly fine situation to make an estimation.

On the other hand, a ridiculous "estimation" would be "Hmmm, I'm going to estimate that 40% of muslims hate america, based on the zero muslims that I am friends with, zero muslims I have ever talked with, and zero muslim worship sessions I have ever attended"

Its not an estimation if you have no evidence that influenced your number. It is a biased, random, irrational assumption.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I still want to know, what percentage of Muslims hate America. 40% seems like a reasonable number, and I haven't seen a reputable source say otherwise.

Seriously, you sound like a Stephen Colbert sketch. It's terrible. -.-

Except Stephen Colbert is funny.

And I agree that I want a reputable source for something like that.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

An estimation, unlike this 40% figure we're talking about, usually has some basis in fact.

To start with, here's a fact for you: almost 1/6 of the Muslim population live in Indonesia, a country that should have no particular grudge against America.

Flyingjj.png

An estimation, unlike this 40% figure we're talking about, usually has some basis in fact.

To start with, here's a fact for you: almost 1/6 of the Muslim population live in Indonesia, a country that should have no particular grudge against America.

Hey, I'm in charge of the fun facts department! :evil:

Fun fact: Yea I knew that...

Anyways, that's not what I'm saying. I'm not debating there's no quantitative evidence behind both See all's and my estimations, I'm only arguing the fact that most people here do it and not even realize.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I still want to know, what percentage of Muslims hate America. 40% seems like a reasonable number, and I haven't seen a reputable source say otherwise.

That's now how sources work. You can't just say something like that and presume it to be correct until a reputable source tells you something totally unmeasurable is measured to a lesser degree.

Seems like there's a fair number of people in here spouting off loads of craps and then saying, "It's my opinion! I have opinions! I have the right to have opinions so I have them!" when people start to call them on their BS.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

That's now how sources work. You can't just say something like that and presume it to be correct until a reputable source tells you something totally unmeasurable is measured to a lesser degree.

Exactly. For instance: I believe that there is a flying magic teapot orbiting saturn. Since this teapot is magical, it makes itself so tiny that it cannot be seen by any telescope or satelite.

I havent seen any sources to deny this, so I guess I must be right.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Exactly. For instance: I believe that there is a flying magic teapot orbiting saturn. Since this teapot is magical, it makes itself so tiny that it cannot be seen by any telescope or satelite.

No, your not right, but you could be. Your not wrong either, but you could be.

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

And? The fact that I could be correct gives me the right to make random guesses and hold on to those beliefs? Not sure what youre getting at.

Myweponsgood.gif

And? The fact that I could be correct gives me the right to make random guesses and hold on to those beliefs? Not sure what youre getting at.

Pretty much.

See, there's no evidence whatsoever to support your teapot theory.

While there's no evidence pointing to a specific percentile of Muslims who hate america, there is significant evidence to point out that a large number of Muslims do in fact hate america. I could look up the muslim populations of many countries in the middle east who are quite anti-american, and tell you that some of the people living there are anti-american. I can point to terrorist attacks, flag burnings, etc etc - this is concrete evidence that at least SOME Muslims do hate America.

I do agree though, that attempting to guess at a specific percentile is a little unfair.

Another issue here is the definition of "hating america". I'm sure there are some Muslims who greatly dislike america, but aren't radicals/jihadists who will strap on a suicide vest at the first opportunity. Likewise, I often find myself disliking certain aspects of america, but I'm not heading over there to blow stuff up, and many Muslims probably feel the same way.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Those moslims in the middle east are probably not going to visit the mosque in the middle of New York.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Those moslims in the middle east are probably not going to visit the mosque in the middle of New York.

I agree, you don't see many moslims here in the US.

In dutch it's spelled "moslims". English isn't my mother tongue :rolleyes: .

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

You're quite correct - I used that as an example of how some Muslims, at least, hate america.

I think it's reasonable to assume as well, that some Muslims living in america, perhaps in new york, also hate america. Those ones certainly might visit this mosque.

polvCwJ.gif

You're quite correct - I used that as an example of how some Muslims, at least, hate america.

I think it's reasonable to assume as well, that some Muslims living in america, perhaps in new york, also hate america. Those ones certainly might visit this mosque.

Does it matter if they plot their suicide bombing schemes in a mosque near ground zero or in a mosque somewhere else in New York?

Retired

Really. What percentage of Americans hate America then, do you think? :wall:

Pretty much.

So if a doctor thinks that there is a 90% chance that you'll survive if he gives you a medicine, and a 10% chance that youll survive if he gives you a different medicine, he should ignore this evidence and just guess, because either decision really could be the right one.

Myweponsgood.gif

Lets see. The 911 attackers lived in the states, didn't they?

How many times on this forum have we seen people say "i hate the states sometimes, I'm moving to Europe"? Look at the GB thread.

Given the number of muslims that live in the united states, I think it's fair to say that at least SOME of them harbour ill feelings for america.

polvCwJ.gif

How many times on this forum have we seen people say "i hate the states sometimes, I'm moving to Europe"? Look at the GB thread.

Given the number of muslims that live in the united states, I think it's fair to say that at least SOME of them harbour ill feelings for america.

Well I'm sure some policemen hate the USA, but that doesn't mean we shouldnt build police stations.

Myweponsgood.gif

I'm sure these are all unrelated, and OneGuy will just keep ignoring it:

Federal officials are investigating a fire that started overnight at the site of a new Islamic center in a Nashville suburb.

Ben Goodwin of the Rutherford County Sheriff's Department confirmed to CBS Affiliate WTVF that the fire, which burned construction equipment at the future site of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, is being ruled as arson.

Special Agent Andy Anderson of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives told CBS News that the fire destroyed one piece of construction equipment and damaged three others. Gas was poured over the equipment to start the fire, Anderson said.

The ATF, FBI and Rutherford County Sheriff's Office are conducting a joint investigation into the fire, Anderson said.

WTVF reports firefighters were alerted by a passerby who saw flames at the site. One large earth hauler was set on fire before the suspect or suspects left the scene.

The chair of the center's planning committee, Essim Fathy, said he drove to the site at around 5:30 a.m. Saturday morning after he was contacted by the sheriff's department.

"Our people and community are so worried of what else can happen," said Fathy. "They are so scared."

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

About a dozen right-wing Christians, carrying placards and yelling "Islam is a lie," angrily confronted worshippers outside a Fairfield Avenue mosque Friday.

"Jesus hates Muslims," they screamed at worshippers arriving at the Masjid An-Noor mosque to prepare for the holy month of Ramadan. One protester shoved a placard at a group of young children leaving the mosque. "Murderers," he shouted.

Police arrived on the scene to separate the groups, but said no arrests were made.

Flip Benham, of Dallas, Texas, organizer of the protest, was yelling at the worshipers with a bullhorn.

"This is a war in America and we are taking it to the mosques around the country," he said.

Angry protesters descend on mosque

In less than a month, Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center in Florida plans to host "Burn a Quran Day" to mark the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

The pastor, author of the book "Islam is of the Devil," is using the burning to urge American Christians to "stand up" to what he describes as a monolithic Muslim threat. A Facebook page for the event has accrued thousands of "likes" and Jones has said people have been mailing him Qurans to burn.

'Burn Quran Day' an outrage to Muslims

Well I'm sure some policemen hate the USA, but that doesn't mean we shouldnt build police stations.

Of course - and as I've said many, many times, I support the building of this mosque. All I'm trying to say is that it is highly likely that this mosque will be of use to some radical muslims - and therin lies the affront to the memories of those killed in 911.

I'm sure these are all unrelated, and OneGuy will just keep ignoring it:

Federal officials are investigating a fire that started overnight at the site of a new Islamic center in a Nashville suburb.

Ben Goodwin of the Rutherford County Sheriff's Department confirmed to CBS Affiliate WTVF that the fire, which burned construction equipment at the future site of the Islamic Center of Murfreesboro, is being ruled as arson.

Special Agent Andy Anderson of the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives told CBS News that the fire destroyed one piece of construction equipment and damaged three others. Gas was poured over the equipment to start the fire, Anderson said.

The ATF, FBI and Rutherford County Sheriff's Office are conducting a joint investigation into the fire, Anderson said.

WTVF reports firefighters were alerted by a passerby who saw flames at the site. One large earth hauler was set on fire before the suspect or suspects left the scene.

The chair of the center's planning committee, Essim Fathy, said he drove to the site at around 5:30 a.m. Saturday morning after he was contacted by the sheriff's department.

"Our people and community are so worried of what else can happen," said Fathy. "They are so scared."

Fire at Tenn. Mosque Building Site Ruled Arson

About a dozen right-wing Christians, carrying placards and yelling "Islam is a lie," angrily confronted worshippers outside a Fairfield Avenue mosque Friday.

"Jesus hates Muslims," they screamed at worshippers arriving at the Masjid An-Noor mosque to prepare for the holy month of Ramadan. One protester shoved a placard at a group of young children leaving the mosque. "Murderers," he shouted.

Police arrived on the scene to separate the groups, but said no arrests were made.

Flip Benham, of Dallas, Texas, organizer of the protest, was yelling at the worshipers with a bullhorn.

"This is a war in America and we are taking it to the mosques around the country," he said.

Angry protesters descend on mosque

In less than a month, Pastor Terry Jones of the Dove World Outreach Center in Florida plans to host "Burn a Quran Day" to mark the ninth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

The pastor, author of the book "Islam is of the Devil," is using the burning to urge American Christians to "stand up" to what he describes as a monolithic Muslim threat. A Facebook page for the event has accrued thousands of "likes" and Jones has said people have been mailing him Qurans to burn.

'Burn Quran Day' an outrage to Muslims

I don't know if you're referring to me as "OneGuy", but if you are....I don't see where you're coming from. I'm not defending any of the violent and otherwise ridiculous anti-islamic actions undertaken by radical Christians and other americans.

polvCwJ.gif

So, none of you have any idea what percentage of Muslims hate America?

If you want to criticize our best guess, then you should at least substitute the actual number or your best guess. If you refuse to do either then you're worse than us for only criticizing our perceived number.

18-27% percent of Adult Americans identify themselves as Liberal. So 20%?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

So does the WBC but we don't tell them to move. To be fair we do tell them they cant protest at certain places though, but we still have to provide them with a place to do so, because it's guaranteed by the constitution.

So, none of you have any idea what percentage of Muslims hate America?

If you want to criticize our best guess, then you should at least substitute the actual number or your best guess. If you refuse to do either then you're worse than us for only criticizing our perceived number.

Okay, I will "guess" that the percentage of Muslims who hate America is the same as the percentage of America-haters among the general non-Muslim population. <_<

18-27% percent of Adult Americans identify themselves as Liberal. So 20%?

You don't actually believe that liberals hate America, do you? Because that's really stupid. :wall: