Godville - ELITES = #1 Guild

Danqazmlp

I created this thread originally just to share this quirky game I had played with a few users here, expecting maybe one or two people to join in. It seems to have taken off a lot more than I expected (Woo) So to make things easier, here is a list of all those TIF'ers who have joined in. (If you haven't already, come play!)

ELITES, TIF Guild

We have an unofficial TIF guild, We will rule the world! We are called "ELITES". The best way to join is to spam 'Enroll in the "ELITES" guild' once you reach level 12. You have to cancel your current quest and either be travelling or in a town (as far as I know)

TIF - Godville

This is quirky little game I have started playing today after an article on it on Gamesradar. The game can be played either as an app for iphone or on a regular web browser (much easier and more buffed out interface).

Godville

The game is text based, and to be honest, you don't even play. You have a character, a hero, but you don't directly control him. He will go on his adventures whether you are there or not. However, you are his/her god. You can rain down divine messages to hint him of the right direction. You can give him positive or negative feedback on his actions. But mostly you watch his adventures (text based).

The best way of explaining is probably quoting you the basic manual for the game:

Welcome to the Godville - world of gods and heroes. This manual will teach you how to become a god in a matter of minutes.

Frankly, it's not as hard as it seems. First of all, keep in mind that your hero is completely independent. He can do everything without your intervention altogether. Thus, if you leave him alone, he will keep fighting monsters, loot the stuff and spend the money. However, every follower needs to have something to believe in. When a hero loses his faith he gets lazier and eventually he may even forget about his heroic destiny and get back to his normal and boring life. So, if you are interested in his heroic success, check up on him every once in a while.

Your hero has a diary, where he describes everything important that ever happened to him. The central column in the "View of god" page will show you the last several entries from the diary. You can also learn what's happening with your hero right now by checking "news from the battlefield" block. By the way, you can customize the interface by rolling blocks up and down or moving them around by picking them up using the grey dot.

Did you notice the "remote control" block? It is the one of the most important things available to you. With this thing you can encourage your hero if he is doing something that you like or punish him if you are just in a bad mood. Your actions will have an impact on your hero's behavior. Also you can shout out something at your hero from above. You can order him to do something (e.g. pray, heal, dig for gold, etc), and who knows, maybe he will obey.

You can also see your hero's inventory and his equipment. His pockets are usually filled up with junk that he looted from monsters or picked up somewhere while he was traveling. Fortunately, this stuff is in high demand among merchants, so once in a while the hero will sell it to them for gold. Having equipment is always helpful for a hero during his heroic deeds. Don't worry if the first equipment of your hero does not look that fancy. Remember, something is always better than nothing.

Heroes are quite social fellows, so eventually they will make friends. Just give them time to socialize in bars and pubs when they have some cash on them. As a god, you can endow your hero with a friend - if you have invites or your hero possesses a special artifact ('Invite to Godville'). Gods of befriended heroes can communicate with each other on the cloud using our state-of-the-art pigeon mail system accessible in "Messages" block.

There are some links at the top of the page. There you can access your profile, check out the developers' blog, walk through the pantheons or discuss anything you like with other gods in our forums.

One more thing, to take a look at the "feedback" form on the "hero" page. We know we can do better, and we need your help. If you found an error or bug, want to suggest a monster, a phrase for the diary or you just have an awesome idea that you want to share - let us know using our feedback form. Your feedback is always appreciated. Most useful ones will be rewarded with special feedback points that give you a place in the pantheon of Gratitude.

One of the best things about the game in my opinion are the adventures your hero will go on. You have a diary of the last 10 actions your hero took. It updates around every 40 seconds to 5 minutes. As an example, here is my current diary and the rest of the ingame screen:

2re2syo.png

You may notice the feedback form. Basically, players can create their own adventures, monsters and items and send them to the creators to get put into the almost endless resource bank of things for the game. Some very funny situations can happen.

It is really fun, I think people would really enjoy it.

The browser version is currently invite-only beta, however, you can register an E-mail on the main website and shortly after you should be invited. It took around 6 hours for my invite to come through. There is also a random chance of my hero finding an invite which I could use on somebody but currently he hasn't found one.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Unfortunately my hero died overnight shortly after I left him so he spent most of the night dead until I resurrected him today <_<

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Those are things other gods have said to their hero. I 'think' if you + or - it changes how often you or other people will see that gods voice. That's just going from speculation on the games forum: http://godvillegame.com/forums/show_topic/1?page=3#

So far commands that i know have worked are 'Destroy' which makes the hero hit the enemy hard, 'kick' which also makes the hero hit the enemy, and 'quest' which actually makes the hero say that he will quest tomorrow. They actually work by just having key words in the phrases which the hero will listen to.

zqXeV.jpg

Wow this is pretty cool.

Managed to get onto the greed pantheon with about 2800 gold but somehow my hero went down to about 1200 suddenly without buying or losing any of it in adventures <_< If it happens again I'll have to send a bug report.

zqXeV.jpg

Started this morning. What happens when you leave your Hero?

He will carry on adventuring (albeit without your guidance). Apparently after a week or so he will lose faith and slow down or stop altogether until you next guide him.

zqXeV.jpg

My hero got to level 4 in about an hour, but he's still on his first quest... "find a square peg to fit into a round hole. They must be matching colors" is his quest and a pink bar is just filling up.... very slowly. Are the quests supposed to be as ridiculous as mine?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

How long does it take to receive an invite?

Mine took between 4 and 6 hours.

Yeah quests are really lengthy. Try not to let him die (if possible) because it resets the quest. My first quest is "defile Augean stables". He got it to about 2/3 finished then died. Currently it's back to 1/2 full.

"While I was cleaning my equipment, a nasty Blood-sucking Lawyer stole 12 gold coins from my pouch." :shades:

Edit: "map of an ogre's erogenous zones" Really an item my hero probably shouldn't have picked up.

zqXeV.jpg

I picked up an improbability drive :twss:

"I knelt and begged for mercy. Holey Cow was in a good mood, so he let me go. " :grin:

"Hid behind the nearest bush. The One-headed Brahmin appeared to be too strong for me. " :blink:

My hero is a wuss <_< And all I have to do is return an over-due library book. -.-

Guy's equipment is:

Twig

fig leaf

none

layer of dirt (-.-)

none

none

nut beads

My guy is a [bleep]ing savage...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Makes me wonder what the augean's ever did to our heroes.

Holey cow leads to the most random events.

"Holey Cow suddenly self-destructed, leaving behind a pagan bible." If I didn't know this game I would be speechless.

"While Tweeting Bird was trying to recover from my masterful strike, I heroically retreated into the forest." Can he sound like any more of a wimp?

zqXeV.jpg

"Holey Cow suddenly self-destructed, leaving behind a pagan bible." If I didn't know this game I would be speechless.

Wow... nice.

Just got "A wandering paladin poured out a handful of sacred soil and let me touch the holy hand grenade."

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGHOLYHANDGRENA-*boom*

This game is awesome :shades:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Makes me wonder what the augean's ever did to our heroes.

"While Tweeting Bird was trying to recover from my masterful strike, I heroically retreated into the forest." Can he sound like any more of a wimp?

Your hero's name wouldn't be Sir Robin, would it? ;P

Some enjoyable diary entries. :3

Severed a piece of the monster to check out what was inside. Unfortunately, there was no candy.

Robot Chicken tried to convince me that he wasn't the one. However, the autopsy proved him wrong.

Came across a board game in a forest that was playing by itself. Felt an eerie sense of compassion for it.

Finished my first quest, Capture The Flag. My next one? Find the Bee's Knees and bring them back.

Level 7, can now have a motto! : >

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I can tell I'm going to be one mean god. I'm gonna keep throwing angels at him and stuff while he quests to slay the fiends so he can become a commander of demons and stuff.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Anybody want to share their hero by the way?

http://godvillegame.com/gods/Danqazmlp

My heroes body armour was "birthday suit", wish he would have kept it.

zqXeV.jpg