Sonic's F2P Dungeoneering Guide

Youmu

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Added some few more stuff regarding challenge rooms, it's coming surely but slowly to its complete phase.

I'd say Tome of Frost is better overall, but Magical Blastbox is better for combating.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 5 weeks later...

A new record has been broken... 1 month has passed since I last updated this!

Challenge room details and tips and tricks have been finished, need to make more mini-guides on the resource dungeons... zzz. -_-

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

• 2 weeks later...

Whats better to get the magical blastbox or the tome of frost?

Depends on what you do really.

If you're a hardcore magic PvPer, definitely go with the blastbox. If you're just a regular training dude or simply skilling, tome of frost is the better choice.

Sonikku, have you noticed anything funky with fire blast in dungeons recently? See http://forum.tip.it/topic/302323-magic-accuracy-nerf/.

Also, why do you recommend tome of frost over blastbox? I realize there's increased accuracy, but when would you ever use its water providing abilities except for say, water blast? The magic blastbox has an effective 5% extra damage. Also, you should mention that sighted longbows are 1 rank faster, so sighted longs on rapid are equivalent to shorts on accurate with a lot higher accuracy. Shortbows may still be higher xp, though...

Finally, how long are your average large c6s and how much xp do you get? I was just wondering how my best dungeon with world 7 randoms - 29k xp in 27 minutes stacks up.

One more tip - the ferret catching room can be done in f2p if you have someone with the requisite hunter skill, by catching the ferret.

Tome of frost is just better for general non-combat use. Like, say if you're training with spell splashing or teleports, tome of frost + another elemental staff helps conserve money + inventory space (the amount is negligible, but still). Magical blastbox is definitely the better combat item though.

Don't have a blastbox bound so can't say anything about fire blast.

With good people I usually finish my larges in around 10-15 minutes, sometimes even less if we get lucky. However, it usually involves myself dying a lot, so xp gets decreased by quite a bit. Say, like 10k per large instead of the usual 20k or so. But it doesn't really matter anyway as I'm not very concerned with deaths at all.

For general ranged use, shortbows are better xp/h. I'm aware of longbow sight's increasing speed ability as well, and it's pretty useful.

And yes, the ferret hunter room can indeed be completed in f2p.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats Sonic! =D>

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Thank you so much |^_^|

I don't think I would be updating it in ever though, there are tons of new info about dg that I wouldn't otherwise know how to insert into this guide. If I did it would require a major revamp of it >.< and it's painful for me to do that.

A few more resourceful dg tips and tricks are on my new forums though so go check ^^

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

It was a very good guide :smile:

However, i would like to say that the gem bag can be good in combat situations. While for mining it is not worth the inventory space for combat it allows you to keep gems while still camping and on some monsters save space even when not camping. For example killing lesser demons while alching worthwhile drops will fill your inventory with gems, so using a gem bag you can stay longer/keep gems for profit. Or if you like keeping gems but don't need over 100+ in all categories you can use it to save bank space.

Now that I think of it, I do tend to get a crapton of gems sometimes when I kill flesh crawlers, so it may come in good use.

I'll add this in and credit you, thanks :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 6 months later...

I was wondering which ftp dung items are stackable and which are not? I might be going ftp in late June and I want to see if I can Noah my f2p items so I don't have to get rid of all my p2p items. I know coal bag doesn't stack and I heard frost tome does. You know about any of the others?

I was wondering which ftp dung items are stackable and which are not? I might be going ftp in late June and I want to see if I can Noah my f2p items so I don't have to get rid of all my p2p items. I know coal bag doesn't stack and I heard frost tome does. You know about any of the others?

All the necklaces/amulets are stackable, Tome of Frost is stackable, Longbow Sight/Sighted bows are stackable. Yeah, that's all. Others don't stack. :smile:

• 1 year later...