Cryptic Clue Fest II - Interview Questions

Cowman_133

Hello all!

Jagex is collecting interview questions from our community in regards to the Cryptic Clue Fest II. A selection of these questions will be passed to the creators of the Cryptic Clue Fest (Mod Mark H and Mod Chihiro) and we’ll be sent back a syndicated interview with multiple questions from all supported fansites and maybe some other added bonuses to go with it! Please remember that since they are going to answer questions from many fansites that they can only reply to some of our questions realistically so please do not be upset if your question was not answered.

Questions posted here will be submitted the night of Tuesday August 24 in US timezones which is early morning Wednesday August 25 in BST. Please get your question in before then if you wish to participate.

Looking forward to your responses!

Cowman_133

Tip.It Administrator

1.png
generic_signature.png

Is this cluefest intentionally easier than the previous one, as last time a lot of people could not solve beyond the 2nd day themselves?

Why has QA/checking seemingly been a bit weak on this cluefest? Notably the algebra sums had extra x's in them that mislead people and were later removed, F2P can't reach the museum top floor and had to be given a "cheat sheet" and on original posting 2 of the cipher codes were incorrect, all quickly corrected of course; but all seem like glaringly obvious errors to of been missed?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Here is a cryptic question for Jagex staff

Where is our top? I'd rather go pantless.

You might want to check quickchat. One of the items is called 'Investigator's Coat' so I would wait until the final part before asking that question.

Sylpheed.png

Any chance they might use the rewards from CCFs in some future investigating related quests to give players some bonuses? Example: If player would've been wearing full investigator's clothing while doing the last Void quest, he might've gotten additional experience or reward, or at least extra chat lines from NPCs (similarly to the Ring of Charus.

Profins.png

specty.png

Here is a cryptic question for Jagex staff

Where is our top? I'd rather go pantless.

You might want to check quickchat. One of the items is called 'Investigator's Coat' so I would wait until the final part before asking that question.

Oooo, I hope so. Only time will tell. =D

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

Would it be possible to just insert the actual story as described in the forums into the book itself when this is finished, so that it'll actually make sense as an item on its own? I don't like breaking the fourth wall too many times before lunch.

Just tossing this random quick question here too...will this "society" ever do anything other than cryptic clue hunts? It'd be nice if we got to solve mysteries instead of following a trail of riddles.

8f14270694.jpg

Q: When will you stop answering our questions in vague, cryptic answers?

A. I can't tell you.

>_>

<_<

It's not a Q & A if there are no REAL answers...jeeez.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

For those who thought the clues were near impossible, ask yourself how the contributors in RS Wiki's CCF II article were able to post the answers.

I'd rather have clues that actually take some thought instead of:

You need tomatoes. Figure out the following to find out how many:

5 + 5 = ?

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

For those who thought the clues were near impossible, ask yourself how the contributors in RS Wiki's CCF II article were able to post the answers.

5 + 5 = ?

7!@@@@@@@@@@

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

5 + 5 = ?

Good sir, I call upon your honor and ask if YOU were able to solve the puzzle by hand. Or if you did at all.

That includes the counting part.

EHHHH?

If you had actually done it by hand, you may have discovered why we're not happy.

Instead of just beating us to death with counting, maybe they should have come up with another puzzle.

BTW, there's no real way to tell who got the right answer first, so I wouldn't go so far as to say who actually managed to get all the counts right when the people in charge of the puzzle didn't know what they were doing in the first place.

8f14270694.jpg

Are puzzles like these going to be implemented in future quests (without breaking the 4th wall of course)?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

Why did you make rewards for a forum-based activity have similar applications to about half of the rewards quests give - that is, aesthetics?

If you're trying to integrate the forums more into the game and/or community, why don't you try to clean up the forums a bit first? Currently, the RSOF is full of trolls and whatnot. What would you do to help prevent this, and will you try to prevent it before further integrating the forums into the game? Because if there's a spiffy bit of aesthetic equipment out there, I'd rather not have to brave the land of trolls to try and get it, let alone getting help in figure out a puzzle.

a70c7.png

5 + 5 = ?

Good sir, I call upon your honor and ask if YOU were able to solve the puzzle by hand. Or if you did at all.

EHHHH?

If you had actually done it by hand, you may have discovered why we're not happy.

Instead of just beating us to death with counting, maybe they should have come up with another puzzle.

BTW, there's no real way to tell who got the right answer first, so I wouldn't go so far as to say who actually managed to get all the counts right when the people in charge of the puzzle didn't know what they were doing in the first place.

1. Don't call me sir.

2. I have no honor.

3. I wasn't able to solve the puzzle by hand.

4. I didn't solve the puzzle.

5. I cheated and looked on RS Wiki cuz I'm too damn lazy and stoopid.

6. Maybe my e-peen (WoW forum term, lulz) was flexed a bit too much when I wrote the previous comment.

7. Do you remember the last clue from last year? How the puck were we supposed to figure out the anagram? How???

8. I type using these numbers because I'm an elitist.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Apart from that, this link below may be useful: IT interview questions

Thanks again and please keep posting.

EHHHH?

1. Don't call me sir.

2. I have no honor.

3. I wasn't able to solve the puzzle by hand.

4. I didn't solve the puzzle.

5. I cheated and looked on RS Wiki cuz I'm too damn lazy and stoopid.

6. Maybe my e-peen (WoW forum term, lulz) was flexed a bit too much when I wrote the previous comment.

7. Do you remember the last clue from last year? How the puck were we supposed to figure out the anagram? How???

8. I type using these numbers because I'm an elitist.