[DevBlog] Bonus XP Weekend: Second Helping

Mil

Allows you to train buyables that you prepared for in advance. Otherwise itil be unbuyable on the GE for two weeks leading up to it. Also, you could always, i donno... Train normal skills?

Yes, two weeks' notice allows you to train your skills. Otherwise it'd be unbuyable, period. With two weeks, the GE has time to adjust prices to reflect demand, which is a good thing. And worse, if it was announced without the time to prepare, there'd be no time to DIY either.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know with 100% certainty whether long/curved bones are bonus-eligible? Did anyone do them last time around who will vouch one way or the other?

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Like it or not, those 2 weeks really help with preparation.

I'm not contesting that, but that has nothing to do with the economy being screwed for two weeks as opposed to two days.

Like it or not, two weeks of screwed economy has a more noticable effect than two days of a screwed economy.

Yes, two weeks' notice allows you to train your skills. Otherwise it'd be unbuyable, period.

Its already unbuyable, 2 weeks or not.

Screwing up the economy for 2 weeks is alot worse than screwing it up for a few days.

And worse, if it was announced without the time to prepare, there'd be no time to DIY either.

Completely unrelated to economy being screwed.

With two weeks, the GE has time to adjust prices to reflect demand

Thats because demand soars through the roof for two whole weeks, as opposed to 3 days or so.

O.O

Its already unbuyable, 2 weeks or not.

Screwing up the economy for 2 weeks is alot worse than screwing it up for a few days.

Im expecting a majority of stuff to crash within 2-3 days. A lot of people aren't even accepting EXP risings for items anymore.

I know I am selling all my herb stuff (which is worth about 30m mid) next update, but I am getting out earlier. There will definitely be some people who will risk it and ride it out. The only thing I can trade my herb stuff for now is other skill stuff, which I don't want.

Two GE updates ago I made a post on the RSOF and had people offering me stuff like armadyl stole (which I don't know the street price of, looks to be around 3-5m as of this post) all the way up to a cat + bat + dragon staff. Now I'd be luckly to get even a fraction of that imo. The biggest factor involving these items are the confidence people have in the items, and quite frankly I don't see a lot of it. So in 2-3 GE updates I imagine the only people you will be competing against will be other skillers as far as the market goes. Don't believe me? Just look on the RSOF or W2 and see the trouble some people are having trying to trade rising skill items for fury kits and god bows.

Thats just my prediction though. Take it however you want.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Like it or not, those 2 weeks really help with preparation.

I'm not contesting that, but that has nothing to do with the economy being screwed for two weeks as opposed to two days.

Like it or not, two weeks of screwed economy has a more noticable effect than two days of a screwed economy.

There may be a minor misunderstanding here. I was never saying that it's better for the economy to give 2 weeks' notice before the BXPW. I'm just saying it's better overall. Obviously the economy would be upside-down for a shorter period of time if we had less notice, but the BXPW would be totally and irreparably ruined.

A ruined BXPW is a worse outcome than an extra week and a half of an upside-down economy. :geek:

There may be a minor misunderstanding here. I was never saying that it's better for the economy to give 2 weeks' notice before the BXPW.

Glad we are in agreement then.

I'm just saying it's better overall. . . . A ruined BXPW is a worse outcome than an extra week and a half of an upside-down economy. :geek:

Not really contesting that.

O.O

Don't mind the lack of bonus tokens for dungeoneering because in the end you'll get faster tokens unless you're 93+. Even then I don't mind because I'm getting closer to the dungeoneering cape, and on top of that when 48-60 come out I'll be able to do more of those (provided I get 95+ dungeoneering)

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!