Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Runescape 2 Fact Sheet

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

DarkDude
[ Display Name History ]

DarkDude

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,232 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Dark Dude

You have 1 pker up there and its not I mahatma I. Son I am disappoint.

He wasn't ever that good :P

He raged a bit after that.

Awesome topic, just some things. Jagex mods used to appear in white when talking in chat before the crowns. They could also trade etc. for a long while after RS2 beta.

jusaplaya
[ Display Name History ]

jusaplaya

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • RSN:Jusaplaya
Seriously sat back and smiled when I saw the old RS home page, and the world/detail select. Brings back some great memories, also like seeing the stat screen progression. Kinda hard to believe how much it's evolved, and still people moan about this and that. Things were much simpler back then.

Thanks for putting in the work to get all this together.

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
-Gen. George S. Patton

Blackspells
[ Display Name History ]

Blackspells

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • RSN:Blackspells
  • RSN '07:blackspells
3 hit u for top duelist

langer
[ Display Name History ]

langer

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,144 posts
  • RSN:Langerkiller
phoenix odin with 200M RC? a little early to tell... even though it will probably come true.

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills
Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602
Latest top 15 update : page 602
6 slowest skills chart : page 563

xpx
[ Display Name History ]

xpx

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,281 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:xpx
Oh at least i don't have to brag and buff myself up to get myself up there ;-)

Really nice read, although i already knew 90-95% of that. To be honest, as this is a FACT sheet, the pkig and staking part seems a little too subjective, and as we can see form the posts about it, people claim some terrible welfare pkers to be worthy enough to be on the list(like death threat for example). Facts are facts, if they aren't a first ballot name like ghjjf for pking or cursed you/ha12d for staking, they should not be mentioned.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

All_Bogs
[ Display Name History ]

All_Bogs

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,531 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:All Bogs
Cool topic :) I'll have a look in my screenshots folder to see if I have any screenshots of the old website floating around. (Edit: sorry, got nothing)

Isn't that 'detail select' image from the first version of the homepage, by the way? The texture on the detail buttons seems to match to texture on the 'play game' button. Might be wrong, though.

bossi
[ Display Name History ]

bossi

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 245 posts
RS2 Beta was not only for members only!

http://services.rune...ers?allcat=true
Posted Image

What are you smoking...? Can I buy some?

Hah Tip.It probaly knows more about Runescape then Jagex. :lol:

Watch my Vice city stunt vid --> http://youtube.com/watch?v=7upxpbh1Ves

Toad
[ Display Name History ]

Toad

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,886 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

You didn't post anything about the phat dupe.
I think TKS was also first to lots of "landmarks". (locked when he quit and possibly got hacked.)
And I wicked I was a pretty famous pker back in the day.

Wasn't Lilyuffie88 first till some skills, In Runescape2, or I think (not sure) first to 126 combat?

Phat dupe was RSC, TKS was female ;).

Yes Lillyuffie was first to 126 Combat and not forgetting 99 prayer.

It's not a great fact sheet just a pick and mix sort of one, its ok for people who havent played that long but theres lots missing, plus I wouldnt concider any of the dungeoneering players legendary.

Most of the great merchants and stakers sold RS Gold simply because they had too much.
Posted Image

Jolletzu
[ Display Name History ]

Jolletzu

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 278 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Credit to eero of course.

Flodder450
[ Display Name History ]

Flodder450

Official Tip.it Minecraft Architect

• Members
  • 2,843 posts
  • RSN:Flodder450
i remember there being a threah here in general discussions of pictures of pre-graphic updates-Varrock lumby and Falador

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Aneron
[ Display Name History ]

Aneron

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • RSN:Aneron
  • Clan:DGS
Grumpyman40 for pro staker

RS2FactSheet
[ Display Name History ]

RS2FactSheet

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 46 posts

Seriously sat back and smiled when I saw the old RS home page, and the world/detail select. Brings back some great memories, also like seeing the stat screen progression. Kinda hard to believe how much it's evolved, and still people moan about this and that. Things were much simpler back then.

Thanks for putting in the work to get all this together.

No problem. Thank you for posting.

phoenix odin with 200M RC? a little early to tell... even though it will probably come true.

True, I suppose I will remove him until he achieves 200M exp in RC.

Oh at least i don't have to brag and buff myself up to get myself up there ;-)

Really nice read, although i already knew 90-95% of that. To be honest, as this is a FACT sheet, the pkig and staking part seems a little too subjective, and as we can see form the posts about it, people claim some terrible welfare pkers to be worthy enough to be on the list(like death threat for example). Facts are facts, if they aren't a first ballot name like ghjjf for pking or cursed you/ha12d for staking, they should not be mentioned.

Thanks. Famous PKers can indeed be a matter of opinion, but stakers can be a little more solid by just looking at their banks.

Cool topic :) I'll have a look in my screenshots folder to see if I have any screenshots of the old website floating around. (Edit: sorry, got nothing)

Isn't that 'detail select' image from the first version of the homepage, by the way? The texture on the detail buttons seems to match to texture on the 'play game' button. Might be wrong, though.

Nope, it's from version 2. The first version had something different if I remember correctly.

RS2 Beta was not only for members only!

http://services.rune...ers?allcat=true

Hmm, interesting find. Seems like the last 12 days of the beta were free-for-all. Thanks, I'm gonna add it :).

You didn't post anything about the phat dupe.
I think TKS was also first to lots of "landmarks". (locked when he quit and possibly got hacked.)
And I wicked I was a pretty famous pker back in the day.

Wasn't Lilyuffie88 first till some skills, In Runescape2, or I think (not sure) first to 126 combat?

Phat dupe was RSC, TKS was female ;).

Yes Lillyuffie was first to 126 Combat and not forgetting 99 prayer.

It's not a great fact sheet just a pick and mix sort of one, its ok for people who havent played that long but theres lots missing, plus I wouldnt concider any of the dungeoneering players legendary.

Most of the great merchants and stakers sold RS Gold simply because they had too much.

Hi, thank you for posting. This is for RS2 only, not for RSC or Runescape as a whole. If you want to look at what happened prior to Dec 1, 2003 (AKA when RS2 "began"), then please view the RSC Fact Sheet. It contains a lot more historical finds.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Credit to eero of course.

Wow, thank you :).

i remember there being a threah here in general discussions of pictures of pre-graphic updates-Varrock lumby and Falador

Yea.

Once again, tehre is a reason why this is called the "Runescape 2" Fact Sheet. Everything in here is for RS2 only, not for RSC or Runescape as a whole.

I'm going to start updating the topic :). A lot is going to be added and/or changed :D!

Gribbzldinho
[ Display Name History ]

Gribbzldinho

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 107 posts
6/6/6/ Massacre is better know as the Falador Massacre, plus the event technically did not occur on 6th June 2006, but the 7th. The event occured on an Australian Server, which was past midnight (so 7th June), plus Jagex is based in the UK, which was also at 7th June when it happened. Only one or two US timezones were still at the 6/6/6 date, but people refuse to accept this and still run around thinking its some sort of conspiracy that the devils numbers conflict with this event, which was not the case.

silralisk
[ Display Name History ]

silralisk

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • RSN:magax king
no doubt an interesting thread to read brimming with potential to house the history of rs2 in the future. here are some contributions you might want to include:

may i suggest you to include the major December 10 riots that happened 2 or 3 years back in the facts too.

here are 2 pictures that was taken in the party room chest during the riots when many quitted rs. these 2 pictures are not taken by me though, they were posted by other users on tif and i only saved them in my computer due to the epicness.

interesting player. the picture is self-explanatory

interesting username(mods please remove if this is against the rule)

and heres a picture taken during the final fight of while guthix sleeps quest, the only time possible for any player to get their combat stats over 200(253 to be exact)

GlowinRedM
[ Display Name History ]

GlowinRedM

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 629 posts
The Old Nite?
Posted Image

The corp beast, is, well, just a corp beast. He doesnÂ’t even have any friends.

Other Quotes

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts

The Old Nite?

You don't know who that is...? :shock:

castias
[ Display Name History ]

castias

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • RSN:castias
That was a great read. i had no idea just how much went into runescape. I have been playing for a few years and time flys by when playing. I have enjoyed some updates and was disapoointed with others but never have I stop playing. Thank you for letting me take a trip down memory lane.

sa121
[ Display Name History ]

sa121

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 684 posts

The Old Nite?

You don't know who that is...? :shock:

I think he's pointing out that he isn't mentioned.
R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite
Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This
My Pk Gallery
Posted Image
GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med
TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece
99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009
First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon
Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.
Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Naraku893
[ Display Name History ]

Naraku893

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,074 posts
Twenty Fourr should be added to stakers.

Satenza
[ Display Name History ]

Satenza

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,124 posts

Here you can have my old "first player to ever hit 100" pic. (shameless plug but if 3hitu can post then I can 2)
It was before there were ever 100s in hitsplats.
I recieved so many pms saying I photoshopped the 1 on.

Posted Image

Hah, I recall Laikrob had to stand with you incase you accidentally died :)
Posted Image
With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users