"All men are created equal"

Star_Fox

Oh. I thought you were already smart enough to know it. But a valid point.

Nevermind, we can't be [wagon] buddies together anymore. Thanks for making me stoop to a lower level of intelligence! :angry:

Okay, I'll rephrase what I said, I didn't think everyone was equal, but I'd never done any active reflection on the subject.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Oh. I thought you were already smart enough to know it. But a valid point.

Nevermind, we can't be [wagon] buddies together anymore. Thanks for making me stoop to a lower level of intelligence! :angry:

Okay, I'll rephrase what I said, I didn't think everyone was equal, but I'd never done any active reflection on the subject.

Oh wow what I wrote sounded worse than I thought. :ohnoes:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Some people have a genetic gift in something (Pianist, artist etc.) But your title means that people are born the same but the environment (Someone said it before) makes up who we are, some people go the right way others go the wrong way.

When you go outside, what do you see? Almost perfectly equal humans, all of the same size, colour, intellect, gender, goals in life, attactions, etc, or people who differ in all the aspects I just mentioned? I guess we can agree the second choice here is the right one. We're all different. We're not even equally different. And it's thanks to that that everyone has the chance to do something unique in his life. From what I understand, most people like to believe we're all equal because it's nice to give everyone the same chances in life. But accepting the differences doesn't mean you can't help others. It's not impossible to be fair with everyone while knowing we're all different, you can give everyone the same chances if you balance them accordingly to the differences (don't get me wrong though, I didn't say I liked this idea, I'm no communist either). But well I guess I'm starting to get too close to politics here, so I'll drop it there.

By "equality", nobody is insinuating that we all look the same. It's just a convenient little way of saying we should give our fellow man the benefit of the doubt unless he proves himself undeserving. It's a way of saying all the traits we're born with (race, gender, etc.) are irrelevant for how we should be treated and that the things we should be judging are what a person does - what he or she can control.