20-Aug-2010 - Cryptic Clue Fest II

Mil

Well that sucks. I was stuck in the fight caves and now I cannot do it.

EDIT: Nm, didn't do day 4.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 6 - "Angels and Lesser Demons"

The final day of the Cryptic Clue Fest

...My fist connected with the attackers jaw and sent him sprawling. I grabbed Megan and we slid down the huge pile of gold coins as the roof of the tomb began to collapse. The huge stone chunks flew downwards, sending ancient treasures flying in all directions. We dodged through paths of gold and jewels, watching for the shadows of falling rubble. Eventually we made it to the exit only to find it blocked by a large statue.

We glanced back to see the man who had chased us since Varrock heading our way, his jaw split and blood dripping onto his cloak as he ran, leaping out of the of a chunk of stone.

Cursing, I attempted to move the statue pushing all of my strength against it to move it out of the way. The figure got closer and closer and we knew we couldnt escape in time.

Megan plucked up a golden sword which was laying nearby, I thought she was going to recklessly attack the man but before I could stop her she threw it towards him. The figure leapt aside at the last second and the valuable blade dug into the sand nearby. Laughing manically, the man turned and plucked the sword free, wielding it menacingly.

Foolish girl, you missed! he cried out in triumph

Not quite Megan retorted, a wicked smirk across her lips as a large shadow formed below the attacks feet.

He had enough time to look down, and then up to his impending doom before the giant chunk of stone crushed him.

We scrambled to move the statue blocking our exit and in time shift it enough to escape through and out into the hot desert.

What now Megan asked me, her exhaustion clearly showing as she collapsed onto the sand.

We forget everything about this place and leave it buried I replied sternly.

But... all that treasure! she gasped back

Its too much for anybody, like we were told it would change the power balance in our world. Its better off where it is. I said after a long pause.

With a faux sigh and a smile Megan stood up and together we began to head back to Al-Kharid.

The End.

By Duke Horatio of Lumbridge

Final chapter, has the author if you didnt already know it

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

this is probably the first decent thing F2P has got in a while

"Probably" nothing, the new outfit is the nicest clothing F2P has gotten since the Runecrafter's robes when GOP was released. Hopefully CCF3 will give us matching gloves and boots.

I just hope Jagex haven't set themselves too high of a bar for event rewards, but I guess we'll just have to wait until Halloween to find out.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Umm guys, I put the mysterious book in toybox, also added the investigators trousers, investigators hat and investigators top. Now the top has disappeared somewhere in cyber space, its no longer in the toybox, nor is there a slot listed for it.

Can't believe I'm only one this has happened to ???

Happened to me too - and I needed the picture for the website. >.< Anyone have a PNG picture of the coat in their inventory?

EDIT: Never mind, you can get it back from Diango in Draynor Village. :)

DK

1.png
generic_signature.png

oh wow between the new outfit and today's clothing update, were looking so much more awesome than we used to.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

If I haven't done any of the clues yet, can I do them all on the same day now that the event has ended?

Yes

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

Just to double check, we get investigator hat, top and trousers from the Fest right? Well, plus that mysterious book, but what use do we have for it? (Can we even wield it, not to mention even with all the page assembled, the description still said its missing a few pages).

Hopefully I didn't miss any emotes or new track that open during this quest.

a happy Runescaper

You also get the magnifying glass if you missed CCF1, but otherwise that's it.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...