4 New Additions

We have 4 new additions to the forum/community for you all that we hope you will be happy with, so, in no specific order and without further ado...

We've been listening to your feedback and have decided to increase our limits on these to allow you more freedom for both.

The new limits are as follows:

Avatars - 100 x 100 x 100 kilobytes (102,400 bytes)

Signatures - 500 x 250 x 150 kilobytes (153,600 bytes)

As always, our usual rules about in regards to the content of signatures and avatars stand.

Display Names

This is a long requested feature and we've decided to give it a shot, with some limitations.

You are allowed to change your forum display name 3 times per year, it can be any 3 times within the year (so you could use them all today) but you won't be able to change at any other time until that year has expired. Staff will NOT be taking display name change requests because you wasted your 3 changes and don't like your name.

To help keep track of users, you can add them to your friends list, or you can use the "Display Name History" option at the top of each of their posts or from within their profile.

As expected, impersonating Tip.It Staff, Jagex Staff, or other users with this feature will result in action against your account.

The name you currently login with is what's called your "Login Name" - this will never change, and it will always be what you login with.

You cannot:

• Change your name to anyone else's display name
  • Change your name to anyone else's login name

You can:

• Change your name to any free name (within our rules)
  • Change the capitalisation of your current name

Our rules have been updated to reflect this, and your display name can be changed here.

Polls

Originally these were never enabled for users as we felt they often detracted from discussion within the topic as users would simply vote and then leave rather than discussing the available options, but after multiple requests for this (as with display names), we've decided to give it a try.

If we find that active discussion begins to decline because of this, we may well disable it again to promote a more healthy community.

As always, please respect these new options you've been given - using the polls stupidly or for spam purposes will cause your account to have action taken against it.

TeamSpeak

This is another community building project we are currently running in a probationary period. We have a TeamSpeak server available for anyone who is a forum member to join. In the near future, and providing this is successful, we will probably also look at more servers in which we can give channels out to clans to use.

Because of the nature of voice conversation, moderation in the TeamSpeak server will be significantly less than on the forums, although this does not mean you can do whatever you want.

Our rules are detailed on the TeamSpeak Identity Manager page. We also have a guide written on how to connect correctly.

You cannot just directly connect to our server, you will first need to generate what's called a "One-Time Privilege Key" through our identity manager in order to connect, all of which is detailed in the guide, so please make sure you have read that before posting for help regarding TeamSpeak.

We also request that you use Push To Talk in TeamSpeak, and not voice or continuous activation.

----------

Hopefully these changes/additions will be to your liking, and they can be discussed in this topic... or in the TeamSpeak server of course.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you could say :shades: The times are a changing

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

You cannot:

• Change your name to anyone else's login name

Grrr

Can we request deletion of our secondary accounts somewhere in that case?

Wooo thank you thank you thank you thank you :D I have already changed my display name. I wanted to change my rs user to this but someone who does not even play took it so I went as close as I could get.

:thumbsup:

Melencholy.png

Questcape first achieved: Sept 20, 2009
99 agility march 11th 2010

99 Magic - some point in 2012

I feel bad for Ampaharos, she had to make a whole new account just because of the name :(

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

Guest Mrmegakirby

Can there be anything done about inactive accounts? On the forums I've always just been called Rocco, but someone who hasn't logged in in several years has that name taken.

Dibs on "Kirby" if it happens.

Liking the display name feature! Although the name I wanted is 2 letters while the restriction is of course 3! :sad:

I'll try to think of something else or perhaps add something more to it sometime in the future.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.