25-Aug-10 Conquest

Toad

Tried it. Even though I managed to win the first real battle (by accident, see point 2), I can say for sure that it will end up like MA (best scenario) or as Games Rooms.

Why?

1. The tutorial, while looking great and so on, leaves several things unclear:

a) how is the range actually calculated?

b) is rally phase just to use commands after doing a move?

2. Deception.

a) You cannot use Chastice command during endgame, but that isn't mentioned (on purpose?) neither in-game nor in the knowledge base.

3. Ability to command one unit, but use an arbitrary amount of commands on one turn. No commands to cancel opponent's used commands. Costs that make some abilities useless (a prime example is Stoicism vs Regenerate).

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 24 points for a loss O_O.

Have to have a certain number of turns performed but I could easily see this being abused for easy points.

Commendations, that is. Yeah, we should farm them (by having one unit, ending turns and then someone wins or sign a truce).

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.

Yeah so I'm pretty sure the new void shield is part of the new best TD setup, possibly best arma setup too. Arguably even bandos, but Idk if void > Bandos for dps.

As melee void is the same as bandos, neit and dark gloves, the loss of defense would be substantial, thus this will not be good for bandos. As for ranged, the new best setup would give a maximum 13 range attack over the previous best void setup, which really isn't good enough, and would only be good for TD's if you changed helms, bodys(arma for void), gloves/shield(void for dark/defender) AND weapon(s). So yeah, if you can switch 4-5 items in no time at all(which i know some can do, but not for a full hour) this new setup would be the best for TD's. For range training on low defence/chinning, this will be part of the best setup.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Yeah so I'm pretty sure the new void shield is part of the new best TD setup, possibly best arma setup too. Arguably even bandos, but Idk if void > Bandos for dps.

As melee void is the same as bandos, neit and dark gloves, the loss of defense would be substantial, thus this will not be good for bandos. As for ranged, the new best setup would give a maximum 13 range attack over the previous best void setup, which really isn't good enough, and would only be good for TD's if you changed helms, bodys(arma for void), gloves/shield(void for dark/defender) AND weapon(s). So yeah, if you can switch 4-5 items in no time at all(which i know some can do, but not for a full hour) this new setup would be the best for TD's. For range training on low defence/chinning, this will be part of the best setup.

It's a lot better to get range attack bonus than melee attack bonus at td's, so all you really have to switch is still helm and weapon. (that is unless you use a steel titan)

Also, the new best setup gives +21 range attack over the old best void setup not 13 lol

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Got 24 points for a loss O_O.

Have to have a certain number of turns performed but I could easily see this being abused for easy points.

Commendations, that is. Yeah, we should farm them (by having one unit, ending turns and then someone wins or sign a truce).

We need to find out exactly how they work, I got 24 for a draw. Apparently it's a calculation based on time result and units killed.

I can see people AFKing for full Void though (not that they already don't :P). The rating system seems like on FunOrb, where there's lots of rating transferring so it's still a problem even though it can't be done the same as MA ranks.

imagangster.png

System Update...

We need to reboot the game, with a fix for the game client.

This will also re-enable logins for those players using the downloadable RS client program.

Thank you for your understanding,

Mod Nexus.

15-16-741-61578302

slayer_maik.png

99 Cooking - August 20th, 2010

99 Woodcutting - September 3rd, 2010

Gah, lost my first game because I thought I could 1 hit ko his champion with my knight, but nope, it still has 100 lp left. The return hit koed my knight and he used chastise on my halber which did not let me kill his champion next round. Would have won the game if I did not mess up >.>

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

System update? Why?

System Update...

We need to reboot the game, with a fix for the game client.

This will also re-enable logins for those players using the downloadable RS client program.

Thank you for your understanding,

Mod Nexus.

15-16-741-61578302

slayer_maik.png

99 Cooking - August 20th, 2010

99 Woodcutting - September 3rd, 2010

It's a lot better to get range attack bonus than melee attack bonus at td's, so all you really have to switch is still helm and weapon. (that is unless you use a steel titan)

I'd rather say that it is much easier and beneficial to have great melee bonuses and use range as little as possible(or whenever needed), but whatever is THE BEST there, you are giving up ALOT to get the best, and with a karils/bandos/neit setup you'd likely get 1-3 kills less an hour while only switching one item and having better defenses across the board.

I'd rather say that it is much easier and beneficial to have great melee bonuses and use range as little as possible(or whenever needed), but whatever is THE BEST there, you are giving up ALOT to get the best, and with a karils/bandos/neit setup you'd likely get 1-3 kills less an hour while only switching one item and having better defenses across the board.

Assuming you don't use a steel titan, the speed of killing is much more determined by how fast you can deal 300 range damage rather than deal 300 melee damage. It's similar to how in a chemical reaction the overall rate of the reaction is approximately equal to the rate of the slowest step in the reaction.

Idk why people are so close minded to this new setup >_> I already liked void a lot at Td's before, and now it's even better

sigcopyaf.png

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

GG Jagex I hate you.

Had 4 units left, as opposed to this guys champion. Couldn't chastise it, you know what he did? He chastised my closest unit, charged his champion and ran away. STUPID.

Then I ask him to stop wasting our time, then he offered a truce.

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Assuming you don't use a steel titan, the speed of killing is much more determined by how fast you can deal 300 range damage rather than deal 300 melee damage. It's similar to how in a chemical reaction the overall rate of the reaction is approximately equal to the rate of the slowest step in the reaction.

Idk why people are so close minded to this new setup >_> I already liked void a lot at Td's before, and now it's even better

I'm very much assuming you'd use steel titan and that's why i don't find ranged being that important...And sure, it's better, precisely 10 ranged attack bonus better, which i recall being useless from all the previous chaotic crossbow discussions. Without steel titan, no doubt, it's more beneficial to use the new setup, but why would you not use the titan?

I'm very much assuming you'd use steel titan and that's why i don't find ranged being that important...And sure, it's better, precisely 10 ranged attack bonus better, which i recall being useless from all the previous chaotic crossbow discussions. Without steel titan, no doubt, it's more beneficial to use the new setup, but why would you not use the titan?

80% of Tders dont have steel titan

And again, if you replace torso with a range body it's 30 ranged bonus better, - 8 bonus opportunity cost from zammy book = 22 boost

sigcopyaf.png

The new void piece does have some uses, especially @ FoG where defense doesn't matter.

Im am going to swap this out @ Fog for my rune defender and wear barrows gloves instead. Its a loss of -7 slash accuracy, but +8 Str over the defender due to the gloves. The gloves would also give +6 magic attack and +12 ranged attack while the defender would give none at all.

No shield swapping to get the benefits of all 3 triangle sides @ Fog.. I am very much looking forward to getting one. :smile:

Yet another minigame... *sigh*

When will Jagex stop releasing utter time wasters and put some real content into this game?

*reads post*

*reads post again*

You don't think much, do you?

I lol'd pretty hard.

OT: People have already got 1250... it must be easier than I thought.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

2. Deception.

a) You cannot use Chastice command during endgame, but that isn't mentioned (on purpose?) neither in-game nor in the knowledge base.

GG Jagex I hate you.

Had 4 units left, as opposed to this guys champion. Couldn't chastise it, you know what he did? He chastised my closest unit, charged his champion and ran away. STUPID.

Then I ask him to stop wasting our time, then he offered a truce.

I'm pretty sure they foresaw this and made sure this happens ON PURPOSE.

savormix.gif