Lemeja

Jobs

What are your job search experiences? What do you do?

At the age of 17 I've still never held a job or anything similar. The job search around here is AWFUL and I've been applying and searching for nearly a year now with no luck. I just applied for something like 10 different places a couple weeks ago with no call back. It sucks.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

Quite bad here. Unemployed for 20 months (minus the on-off shifts at some places for about 4 weeks) and I usually apply for 20 per week online and roughly 10 from store to store.

Popoto.~<3

Plenty of jobs in the police forces i'm sure that you could try. I mean, their always recruiting.

Blasphemy

We choose to go...not because [it is] easy, but because [it is] hard, because that goal will serve to measure and organize the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win. ~ Blasphemien Way

29ehbtt.png

"Rest In Peace, Muelmar - A True Modern Day Hero"

19 and still unemployed.... still getting finances off my parents.

I really suck... :mellow:

16 and unemployed at the moment. Job searching is pretty brutal here since 1). It's Michigan, and 2). It's still summer and most of the teenagers are still trying to get jobs.

I do have a possibility of getting a job soon. My brother works at outback steakhouse and helped push the manager to give me a test and interview. Currently I'm going for a buser spot against 2 other people (manager said she'd hire 1-2 more people). Going to call tomorrow and see if I might be able to get hired :thumbsup:

Something.png

I would be interested in knowing, are jobs within the Police available in UK and USA? If any British or American could answer, i'd be grateful.

Mostly asking since i've heard that the police in the UK are always (more or less) trying to recruit people.

I'm asking because in my country, more people apply for the police academy than seats are available. Not that i plan to move to become a cop, you need to get citizenship and all that, but i'd be interested in hearing.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I would be interested in knowing, are jobs within the Police available in UK and USA? If any British or American could answer, i'd be grateful.

Mostly asking since i've heard that the police in the UK are always (more or less) trying to recruit people.

I'm asking because in my country, more people apply for the police academy than seats are available. Not that i plan to move to become a cop, you need to get citizenship and all that, but i'd be interested in hearing.

From what I've seen, there aren't too many job openings within the Police here in the USA, though it depends from state to state.

There are usually openings for the really bad parts of the states/cities. I know there are some openings in Arizona or New Mexico since they're always recruiting officers from out of state.

Something.png

I work weekends at a service station during school terms, usually about 7-8 until the early morning. 4-5, if I'm lucky. On the holidays it's pretty much those hours 4 times a week, at least.

I also tutor kids at the boarding school where my mum works. $25 a night, two nights a week.

I haven't had much trouble finding jobs. It's a pretty small town, so as silly as it sounds, I have connections. ;P My sister worked at the servo, so I know the boss from when I used to stay there after school until my parents got back from work, and it's kinda obvious how I got the tutoring job. I've also done waitering and cleaning and being a checkout chick, all those kinds of jobs that teenagers have. But I have never worked at a fast food restaurant, and I hope to keep it that way.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I'm a bartender. It's probably the best job I've ever had. The pay is terrible, but I get to meet interesting people and drunk women. Very rarely do I meet an interesting drunk woman.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

There are a lot in Texas.

I need a proper job. I just turned sixteen, and now I have reliable transportation (once I get my license - maybe Monday). Did that concrete curbing over summer, and that was fun and payed well. I would love a job like that, but unlikely since I have that whole high school thing. I like hard work.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Ah, those days where I was looking for that first job, those were the days. Anyway just to tell you, to get my first job it took me around a year and a half applying everywhere and calling the week after to know if they were interested in me or not. That's when I got my first job in a supermarket, until I finished highschool. I then went to college, and had a student job in the summer after that, but I didn't finish the second year of college and dropped out. I easily got a job in another supermarket (experience + connections) and then worked there for almost a year, before returning to college to take a computer science course (programming option), and in the sumer between the 2 college years, I got a job in a 3rd supermarket, since I wasn't at the same place as the first 2, then finished college. Took the whole summer to get a job, but now I'm a Java programmer/support for a pretty big company, and it pays pretty well.

It's difficult around here, especially when you live next to a university. :mellow: Still got to try though.

j0xPu5R.png

I recently got my first job at a small café. It's really fun, and my coworkers and boss are really cool people. I also get one free drink every day that I work, which I save for whenever a customer says, "Thanks a latté!"

But that hasn't happened yet and I always just end up getting it whenever I leave :[

wl7w9j.png

I'm a grad student. I've never had a non-casual job (I did do random shifts in a place that made e-learning programs). I run my own business.

My "claim to fail" is getting turned down from a supermarket job after interviewing. That was many years ago now.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

20 and unemployed at this exact moment.

Worked since I was about 15 though in your average run of the mill jobs, worked at McDonalds, Wal-Mart and a coffee shop. Spent last year in University without a jod due to courses and what not. The year before last I worked for a year as a manager at a major grocery store chain and was in charge of pretty much everything after being on the job 2 months. Been out of work since January though, had 2 surgeries and just recently got back to where I can actually do lifting and what not. Have a job lined up atm going to work with some people I know as a contractor/demoltion foreman. Get to blow up old buildings with dynamite :D Should make out for an interesting year.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

Warehouse work for the last two years. The pay, hours and amount work is alright; almost always keep busy. Looking for something new though. Maybe some sort of trade, like an electrician. Then head back to university or something.

Dead end job + lack of challenges + lack of advancement = :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

(Referring to the Warehouse job)

Had 3 previous jobs, 2 summer jobs and a 3rd for 3 months after highschool. Just completed my first 2 courses in Devry's Computer Engineering Technology Bachelor degree program. Receving a scholarship for high entry exam grades (as long as I keep my GPA up). Have applied at every [bleep]ing place close to me, with a resume attatched looking for weekend work. No calls. Duno what to do.

quit

Guest Mrmegakirby

I had a summer job at my aunt's store. That's over now, though. I think I might apply for a job at a local grocery store soon, to fund my year.

21 and in my third year at my current job. I work for Nestlé Canada, in an Ice Cream factory that, oddly enough, makes very little that actually qualifies as Ice Cream. Most of it has no cream. My job varies from week to week and sometimes day to day but I'll give a short summary of the main 3.

Palletizing- I stack fully packaged and labeled product on a skid in one of many patterns and heights (depending on the product)

Shark Line General- The Shark line makes Nestlé sundaes. I make sure that the machine doesn't run out of lids, bases and whatever goes on the top of that day's product.

Dumper General- I dump something solid into a fruit/nut feeder or liquid into a vat that then pumps it into the product.

That is my job. When the line I am working on goes down, I do whatever the lead hand/supervisor tells me to do or go home (assuming they say I can).

I applied for 3 jobs at the time I applied for this one. This was my only call-back. I also had a 13 shift job in a warehouse in which I applied price stickers all day. Both interviews I have ever had got me the job. But the first one consisted of only 2 questions... "Do you have steel-toed boots/shoes?" and "OK, so you can start Wednesday, then?" The second only came because I answered "No, but I can get some tomorrow" to the first.

My second interview (the one that got me this job) was a little harder. They actually asked questions about why they should hire me, which I completely bombed. My answers mostly involved some form of "I don't know".

I work as a specialty receptionist at a call center. If you ever call Cambridge college (both overseas and in america) or numerous others, you may be talking to me AND NEVER EVEN KNOW. since we can get fired if we admit we aren't from the college, since the colleges pay us quite a pretty penny. I love it, theres literally *literally* no limit to the overtime you can work if you want too, I get paid $9.50 an hour, where the min wage here is $8, and I get a $60 bonus check every singly paycheck, and the off chance to win $500 twice a year. LOVE IT. And my coworkers are fun. But damn do the customers suck, damn do they suck.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I hustle for a living. I'm a [bleep]in' OG mang.

Aka unemployed.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Jeeze. Making your way in the world today takes everything you've got.

I work as a specialty receptionist at a call center. If you ever call Cambridge college (both overseas and in america) or numerous others, you may be talking to me AND NEVER EVEN KNOW. since we can get fired if we admit we aren't from the college, since the colleges pay us quite a pretty penny. I love it, theres literally *literally* no limit to the overtime you can work if you want too, I get paid $9.50 an hour, where the min wage here is $8, and I get a $60 bonus check every singly paycheck, and the off chance to win $500 twice a year. LOVE IT. And my coworkers are fun. But damn do the customers suck, damn do they suck.

$8? Isn't Virginia's minimum wage $7.25?

I get paid $5/hour. They're legally allowed to do that for at least 90 days >.> But they said my pay will increase quicker if I do well, and I have a feeling I might be getting a raise.

wl7w9j.png

I have a job. I just haven't worked in three months because the place has been so dead. Despite the fact I could work every day because it's summer...

I have sent in apps everywhere and had an interview with a guy at Perkins about a month ago. He told me I would get some form of job in the next week and never heard back. I just had an interview at Sears today but they are expecting me to work a ridiculous amount of days when I also have to worry about school. If I get a second interview I'm going to talk about that.

I am hoping to get a seasonal cashier job at a costume store. By then my job as cashier at the candy store should open up since the holidays are coming and I should be able to do some seasonal work through november and til' Christmas. Then I'd worry about a job unless my boss actually gives me some hours...Three months and I worked on day.....RAGE!

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

i never really got calls within a week. usually from 2 weeks to 2 months. be patient and just keep on handing out resumes like candy