Temple of Immortals: A Master Dungeon

Zaaps1

[hide=Introduction]

Prior to Dungeoneering, there were many suggestions from players about creating randomly-generated Dungeons for players to explore. At that time, I began to think up of an idea that could fulfill this desire. I had everything written up, then Dungeoneering decided to pop in, and the idea was largely obsolete. However, with the new update to Dungeoneering, adding several Overworld Dungeons, I thought, “Hey, why not? This idea could work.” So I made a few changes here and there and this is the result. I present to you the first Master Dungeon: The Temple of Immortals

I know that this is a huge suggestion and I don’t expect Jagex to add it word for word or even the concept as a whole. However, I hope they can use bits and pieces of the concepts here to develop a “Master Dungeon” and add it to the game. Otherwise, just enjoy the read. Really, much of this suggestion is more for entertainment than anything else. I had a lot of fun writing it (gave me something to do during Driver's Ed, heh) and I hope you enjoy the read as much as you enjoy the prospect of this concept being implemented in the distant future.

Problems are obviously prevalent. What suggestion doesn't have them? That's fine, but please post and point them out. It helps me, it helps Jagex if they decide to add this, and most importantly, it helps YOU.

This is an enormous 11k+ word suggestion, so I don't expect (although I hope you will) read the entire suggestion. Therefore, if you are short on time or are bored/daunted by the read, reading any piece of the suggestion and posting about that is acceptable to me. Due to the nature of it, I will not, and I can't imagine anyone will, criticize you for not reading the whole suggestion.

A few sections aren't really too important to read. You really don't have to read the Backstory and you don't have to read about the pre-Dungeons. The most impacting sections are the 3-4 about the main dungeon, the Temple of Immortals, and the sections about Rewards. Note that some rewards are mentioned when they are unlocked in the pre-Dungeons.

[/hide]

[hide=Backstory]

This is a little story I concocted because I know many players like to get background. I myself, wanted to know more about how the dungeon came about, so I wrote up a little backstory. It may not be completely compatible with the history we know to be true right now, but remember Jagex writes the history, so any minor details can be altered both in this backstory and in the current history. In any case, this part really isn't very important, so if you aren't the patient type, skip right over this.

In a time long ago, during the First Age of Gielinor, the very first creatures walked the earth, governed by the very first Gods. The indigenous inhabitants of Gielinor were known as the Prima, led by a pantheon of 11 Gods known as the Prime Divine. The Prime Divine each held enormous power, and together they held the power to bend reality itself.

Under the Prime Divine, the Prima enjoyed generations of peace. They knew nothing of war or suffering of any kind.

However, conflicts between a few members of the Prime Divine changed all of this. While the turmoil was short, it was devastating beyond repair. The end of the conflict saw three of their members destroyed, and the rest of the Prime Divine caught in a conflict in a distant realm, ruining the Prime Divine’s limitless power and control over reality. They found themselves unable to shield the Prima from foreign Gods as they once had.

One day, a new tribe entered the realm. They were known as the Primordial Mages, and they utterly slaughtered and imprisoned the Prima. For hundreds of years, the Prima called out to their gods for help. They prayed every day for them to finally return and save their homeland from the treacherous invaders. It seemed the answer would never come; each day ended with no reply. Slowly, more and more Gods began to colonize the rich Gielinor world, and the Prima’s numbers fell down to a simple village by the delta of the River Lum as war raged around them.

Until one day a new God set foot. His name was Guthix, the God of Balance, and claimed to be sent from the Prime Divine themselves. He brought with him an ultimate weapon, a small band of humans. He brought with him strange rocks with powerful energy stored inside them. He gave these strange rocks to the humans and the Prima. Soon, they became masters of magic themselves, and with the help of Guthix, overthrew the Primordial Mages and defended attack after attack from foreign invaders. Thus were the first wielders of the power of Runes.

Honor-bound, the humans and Prima constructed two mighty temples to honor their saviors. The human encampment by the River Lum, later named Lumbridge, built an underground temple to Guthix. The Prima, in their delta, constructed a huge temple to the remaining eight Prime Divine. For years, the humans and the Prima maintained peace, but problems were still present. Due to their large numbers, the humans were quickly able to gain power over the Prima. Seeing them as just another foreign invader, the Prima again called out for help. The Prime Divine, this time, personally answered the calling from their exile in a foreign realm. One day, the humans of Lumbridge woke up and found their southern neighbors had completely vanished. Not a trace of the Prima was left in the delta, and even their mighty Temple had vanished. In place of the previously rich Lum Delta was a barren swamp and the empty void of a cold, dark ocean where the prosperous Prima used to live and thrive.

But the humans did not forget the Prima, nor could they, because Guthix had disappeared the same night without a trace. Never would he appear again until Gielinor was nearly ripped apart by the gods thousands of years later during the Third Age. Without the Prima and Guthix, the humans became much more vulnerable to invaders. Legends circulated among the Lumbridge humans--legends that quickly spread to other human settlements scattered over Gielinor. The word reached the distant Kingdom of Asgarnia, plagued by attacks from rich Dwarven clans; the word reached the northern Kingdom of Misthlain, troubled with siege after siege of the undead; the word reached the rich and prosperous Wilderness Cities, who held back attack after attack of strange warriors from distant realms; the word even reached the far-off Fremnnick Provinces, where internal feuds and disputes among various factions were almost as dangerous as the fierce and brutal trolls. The Prima had vanished, but perhaps their temple did not. Perhaps their temple remained somewhere south of the River Lum, where there had been a land that was called paradise. Perhaps in that temple the Prima hid their most powerful secrets, and perhaps in the temple they could access the power of the Prime Divine, and win their wars. Perhaps the treasure of the “Immortals” could be used for the benefit of the entire human race.

For generations, from every corner of human civilization, the humans searched, but to no avail. Soon, as new gods appeared on Gielinor, ones who helped the humans, their problems ceased to exist, and the power offered by the Temple was forgotten. Why search for a legendary temple, when surrendering your allegiance to the Empty Lord was so much more practical? And so the Prima and their Temple remain unfounded, and the mighty temple may still be out in the sea, brimming with treasure and power.

[/hide]

[hide=Requirements]

The Temple, officially, has no stat requirements other than Dungeoneering. However, extremely high combat stats are required to challenge the monsters present. In addition, various equipment in the main dungeon require various skill requirements to make. It is highly unlikely anyone can completely clear the dungeon without fulfilling these requirements.

To enter the Temple of Immortals, you MUST have CLEARED every floor currently open to you (ex. if there are 35 floors currently open to you, you would need a minimum of level 69 dungeoneering AND have all 35 cleared AND have not reset your Ring of Kinship).

To complete the various pre-Dungeons, however, various quests are required and there are monsters to be slain. These requirements will be mentioned in-text.

Fairy Tale Part 3

Desert Treasure + Ghostly Robes side-quest + Shadow Sword side-quest

Restless Ghost

Legends

Eagle’s Peak

Nomad’s Requiem

Shades of Mort’ton

Love Story

Meeting History

My Arm’s Big Adventure

Blood Runs Deep

Troll Stronghold

Wolf Whistle

Mage Arena (mini-quest)

Must have been inside Daemonhiem at least once*

*There is no Dungeoneering requirement to complete the pre-Dungeons.

Why these are the requirements.

You'll notice almost immediately that there are no skill requirements other than those required to complete the given quests and pseudo-quests. Why? Well I really wanted this dungeon to be unique. It seems everything else in Runescape is "get this level, do this thing, be happy". I wanted the Temple of Immortals, as Runescape's first Master Dungeon, to be not reliant on in-game "skills" as much as it is reliant on real-life skill and ingenuity. It's like the Fight Caves. You can either max out, get the very best gear, and breeze through it, or you can get the bare minimum needed to merely survive and pull through with exception skill and strategy. That's what I wanted the Master Dungeon to be like, except on a much grander scale.

Why then, are quests required? Well I didn't want players so just use a guide or something like that. So as "proof", so to speak, of the player's experience in common sense, gameplay, and adventuring, I did require players to complete a few quests.

Thus, higher skills will help enormously, but are not required.

That being said, combat is a major part of this and you will be slaying a level 1500 boss by the end of the Dungeon. So perhaps the only "required" skills are high combat skills. Even so, I tried to make the Dungeon as do-able as possible with as low stats as possible. That doesn't mean it's not challenging, it's just exceptionally difficult to complete in that manner.

Therefore, if you feel you can recommend an alteration that can better achieve this goal, please suggest it. Thank you.

[/hide]

[hide=About the Temple]

The Temple is situated on an island south of Lumbridge Swamp, the fabled location of the once-serene Lum Delta. After the completion of Fairy Tale Part 3, you may talk to the Fairy Queen, who will mention a strange boat being found in Lumbridge Swamp. She senses divine power at work in the boat, and dares not go near it. She does, however, commission you. Go to the boat, which is south of the Fishing Tutor, and you will see that it is incredibly elaborate and richly decorated. It’s not in great shape, though, and unable to repair it yourself, you must find someone else to fix it.

Go to Al-Kharid and talk to the Fremnnick who sails you to Daemonhiem. Tell them about the boat and he will help you repair it, in addition he will give you a Ring of Kinship (o) (ornate), as a reward for showing him such an incredible boat. You may then sail to boat south until you reach a barren Island with seemingly nothing on it. Return with a Ring of Visibility and an Amulet of Ghostspeak and you will see the Shadow of a Prima.

Speak with it to discover that the Temple is there, but not visible. He will also mention that an evil power has crept its way into the Temple and is corrupting it. You offer to help, and the Prima binds your Ring of Visibility to your Ring of Kinship (v). This allows you to see the Temple before you, which is a ghostly shadow of what it used to be.

NOTE: All Rings of Kinship forms possess the abilities of the Rings before it.

-------------------------------------------

The Temple itself is massive, but to access the Temple of Immortals you must first clear 3, much smaller, pre-Dungeons. Doing so will permanently unlock the full Temple of Immortals. You must keep your Ring of Kinship (o), and all forms of it, although the Fremnnick Sailor can replace it. You may only solo this dungeon, as the Ring of Kinship (o), and all its forms, lack the capability to form teams.

The Full Temple may be cleared once every month. Dying in the Full Temple results in you being unable to reenter it for 2 days. This does not apply to any pre-Dungeons.

You may log out at any point, progress is saved, although any randomly generated rooms will be rearranged. If you were currently in a randomly generated room, you will be sent to the beginning of the floor you were in, unless you were in the room containing the staircase to the next level, in which case you will be sent to the beginning of the next floor.

All Dungeons are multicombat, summoning-avaliable zones.

NOTE: For all the dungeons, there are puzzles. I will not create EXACTLY what the puzzle will look like (steps, etc.), but instead a general description of what you need to do to solve the puzzle.

[/hide]

[hide=Part 1: Shadow Temple Island]

Although you can see the Shadow Temple, you cannot enter it. You must equip your full set of Ghostly Robes and your Shadow Sword, and nothing else, in order to enter it. You must keep your Amulet of Ghostspeak and Ring of Kinship (o) on as well.

Having all the necessary items equipped allows you to enter the Shadow Temple. You may not unequip these items.

The entrance takes you to a courtyard that you will come to know and love, as it is in every Temple. In the center is a Shadow Tree that will become important later on. A spectral door lies at the end of the Courtyard on the opposite northern side, and there are two exits to your east and west. Both of these exits lead down a hallway that curves northward to a Soul Beacon. Lighting both beacons removes the shielding around the spectral door, allowing you to access the next room.

To light the Beacons, you need three items, a Soul Shard, Shadow Droplets, and a tinderbox. In each room there are Shadow Minions (level 50), which you can kill for their drops. Tinderboxes are included in their droplist of assorted worthless items (think of them as buffed up imps). Soul Shards are received in the eastern Beacon room, where there is a chest locked by a flip-tile puzzle, similar to the one in Daemonhiem. However, every move will cost you 1/12th of your total LP, and you only have 10 moves before a level 150 Shadow Minion comes out to attack you.

Shadow Droplets are received in the western Beacon room, where there is a large pool with various tiles scattered across it. Near the shore is an Aura Stone. Activating the Aura Stone will allow you to walk across 3 squares of water in the pool. If you run out of steps, you will be sent to the beginning of the pool. The Aura Stone recharges whenever you touch solid ground, so stepping on the tiles in the pool will grant you 3 more steps. Reach the central fountain and you can take Shadow Droplets from it. Light both Soul Beacons and proceed through the spectral door.

The next room after the courtyard is a large sanctuary. Of important notice are the 8 pillars forming a circle in the center of the room. This room is also one you will come to know and love. In the center is a small altar you can use to restore your stats (full healing, recharge prayer/summoning, all stats back to normal if lowered, poison/disease status cured, and run energy restored, this is important to remember as “restore your stats” will be used to always refer to this). Use your Shadow Sword on it to turn it into a Shadow Sword (i), which doubles all of its stats while in the Shadow Temple. At the end of the room is another door, strike the pedestal in front of it with your Shadow Sword (i) and it will open, enter it to reach the boss’ lair.

Shadow Temple Island: Boss -- Temporal [shadow Form]

The Boss of Shadow Temple Island is the Mahjarrat Temporal. You will enter a brief dialogue in which he questions why you are here and how you were able to pass the spectral door. He attacks.

Temporal is level 250 with 5500 LP, and you must use your Shadow Sword (i) and Ghostly Robes during the battle. He will attack with magic and ranged, and in addition he has a few special moves.

Time Warp: Temporal strikes you with a spell that slows down time temporally. While under the effects of Time Warp, your run speed is reduced to walking speed, while walking will not move you at all. Your attack speed is also twice as slow (which means your eat speed is also slower). Temporal, however, will continue to attack at the same rate.

Time Portal: Temporal waves his staff to summon Shadow Minions (level 80), who melee and mage. He can summon between 2 and 8 Minions, 1000 LP each. Temporal will not use this attack if ALL of his past Minions are still alive (eg. if you kill one, he can use this attack again).

Soul Swap: Temporal kills one of his Minions and restores however much LP that it has left.

Soul Wipe: Temporal kills all of his Minions. Each one that he kills will deal 100 LP damage to you.

Psycho Blast: Temporal will glow purple for ~3-5 seconds, then he will unleash a barrage of psychic waves at you, which you must physically dodge. Each hits for 300-500 LP of damage. These waves cannot hurt Shadow Minions. However, if you are hit by a wave, it will also hurt any adjacent Shadow Minions.

When Temporal is defeated, you will receive an Immortal Key before Temporal fades away. The Temple reverts to its Ruined Form-1. In this form, there is only the Courtyard (with a Dead Tree replacing the Shadow Tree) and the Sancutary with the 8 pillars. You will find yourself in the Sancutary.

After completing this pre-Dungeon, Kuradal and Duradel will assign you Shadow Minions. Shadow Minions now populate the Shadow Temple, accessable by activating your Immortal Key while in the Ruined Temple, and selecting for the Key to send you to the “Alternate Present”. The Minions are all of the level 80 type, however, and will have a new and improved droplist. You may also add your Ghostly Hood to your Full Slayer Helmet to create a Ghostly Slayer Helmet (not extra Slayer Points required).

Shadow Minions may drop the Dusk Band, which is worn in the glove slot. You may operate this item while equipped to leave your Shadow Form in the location you are currently in. You may then activate it at any time to return to that location, and the cost of a full drain on your Prayer and Summoning and 3/4 of your total LP. You may not activate the Dusk Band if doing so would kill you, or if you have no Prayer or Summoning to drain. Some areas cannot be inhabited by your Shadow Form, such as Quest or other instances, Boss Lairs, or other problematic areas. For example you cannot leave your Shadow Double:

-In any of the GWD Boss Rooms, however you may leave it outside the boss room.

-Bork’s Lair, although you may leave it in the Dagannoth room outside of it

-Other Players’ PoH’s

-And more.

In addition, if you unequip your Dusk Band, through death or simply removing it, you lose your Shadow Form’s location and cannot teleport there. This is to ensure that players cannot immediately teleport to a spot where they died, resulting in risk-free areas everywhere.

The Dusk Band’s teleport does not work past level 30 Wilderness. However, you MAY leave your Shadow Form past 30 Wilderness and teleport TO it. It just can’t take you out of 30+ Wild.

[/hide]

[hide=Part 2: The Ruined Temple -- Form 1]

Note you can bring any items with you into the Ruined Temple.

Return to the Sanctuary and you’ll find that the 8 Pillars have text inscribed in them. You copy down the text. Go to Reldo in Varrock and he will be able to translate them. You need to offer an item to each of the 8 Gods to advance further.

Format: God (Element): “Clue” [item]

Aero (Air): “Air flows free, but there are those who can master it” [Eagle Feathers, found in any Eagle Lair]

Hyra (Water): “Water takes many forms, but only divine water is worthy for a goddess” [Holy Water, from Legends Quest]

Gaia (Earth): “Earth embodies all, life, growth, and spirit” [spirit Tree Seed]

Vulcan (Fire): “A magical fire can lead the dead to the Gods” [Magic Pyre Logs]

Sia (Union): “A Spirit broken into ten thousand pieces can still be joined with the power of Union” [10k Spirit Shards]

Amos (Discord): “A soul fragmented beyond repair epitomizes the might of discord” [soul Fragment, bought for 1500k coins from Zimberfizz]

Ren (Space): “Master of space, prove yourself” [Any altered house teletab, from Love Story]

Memoria (Time): “Master of time, prove yourself” [Enchanted Key, from Meeting History, after all Treasure Hunts have been completed]

It’s important to know you will not receive any of these items back, other than the Enchanted Key. After every offering is completed, the altar in the middle will begin to glow. Touch the altar and the rest of the Temple will rise from the ground, allowing you access to the Ruined Form-2.

[/hide]

[hide=Part 3: The Ruined Temple -- Form 2]

Once again the Temple branches into an eastern and western part from the Courtyard, and in the Sancutary is a locked door to the boss.

Your Shadow Sword (i) will not work on the pedestal. You need a new sword, the Ornate Immortal Sword, or the Immortal Sword (o).

In the eastern half of the Temple, there are 30 Spiritual Priests. Killing all of them unlocks the door to advance further in the eastern half. Each is level 80 and they attack with magic and melee. In the west half, there is a giant sliding puzzle (simpler than Elemental Workshop 3, but harder than clues). Moving each piece of the puzzle drains 2 strength points, and leaving the room will reset the puzzle. Completing the puzzle unlocks the door to the rest of the western half.

Both unlocked rooms will contain a sub-Boss. One room has animated weapons, while the other have an animated suit of armor. Both are level 300. The weapons will drop the blade of the Immortal Sword (o) while the suit drops the hilt. Finally, you need a gemstone to place in the hilt to complete the sword. Return to the Courtyard and an Icyene-like warrior will fly down. It is level 350 and will use melee and magic attacks. Killing it will drop the gemstone you need to complete the sword. Strike the pedestal in the Sanctuary with the Immortal Sword (o) and advance to the boss. The altar will still restore your stats.

Ruined Temple: Boss -- Messiah [Forgotten Form]

Messiah will gaze into your eyes and announce that he is the guardian of the Ruined Temple, destroyed long ago by a mysterious invader and by time. Cut off from the power of the Prime Divine, Messiah’s powers have waned since was he initially assigned to guard the Temple. He assumes you to be the invader, returning to steal the Temple’s secrets. He attacks.

Halfway through the fight, he will question this decision. “The way you fight, are you truly the same heretic?”

Messiah will use all combat styles. He is level 400 with 15000 LP and has the ability to use a variety of special attacks based on the Prime Divine’s powers he has been invested with. A few of these (such as Submerge) have lasting effects. They may go away after a little while, and more than one can be activate at the same time.

Air Slash: Swipes at the air to launch a powerful air projectile that hits hard and stuns you.

Submerge: The arena is filled with water. You can no longer run and Messiah has the ability to dive under the water and attack you from below (like the Strykewyrm’s burrow attack). Any damage he would have done normally is doubled for this hit.

Tremor: Sends small earthquakes at you that you must physically dodge. These cannot be seen if Submerge is in effect.

Inferno: Messiah ignites on fire. Any damage he deals while he is aflame will heal time for 1/3 of the damage he dealt.

Unity: Combines clones, causing an explosion next to each clone, dealing heavy damage. If no clones are present, only the explosion will occur. Messiah’s LP becomes the total of all the clones’ LP.

Split: Messiah splits himself into 4 clones. Each has 1/4 of the LP Messiah had before using this attack. Each also has 1/4 of the power Messiah has, but all 4 of them can use special attacks.

Space Warp: Teleports you a random location in the room, dealing melee damage.

Time Warp: Same as Temporal’s.

Upon defeat, he asks your name. You give it, and Messiah will realize that you were not the invader. The realizes that the invader must now be breaking into the Temple himself, since he is unable to protect the Temple anymore. He fades away and you are hit with a spell, teleporting you back to the entrance. The Temple reverts to its Ruined Form-1.

A new option appears on your Immortal Key, allowing you to travel to the past. Attempting to do so, however, causes you to be shocked by a foreign force, and you black out.

When you awake, you will be in the Courtyard of the Time form of the Temple.

[/hide]

[hide=Part 4: Temple of Transience]

In this form, the Dead Tree becomes a Spiritual Tree, although like its past forms, will not impact you in any way. In the Sanctuary, each pillar contains a Mirror of Memory in the back of it. Stepping through the mirrors teleports you to a different, enclosed area, with a sub-Boss inside. Killing all 8 sub-Bosses causes the altar in the center to glow, allowing you to unlock the boss’ lair. To return to the Sanctuary from the sub-Boss lair, step through the mirror in the lair. You must kill all 8 bosses in one trip. Leaving the Temple causes you to lose all sub-Boss progress. In addition, the altar will NOT restore your stats until you activate it by killing all 8 sub-Bosses. Also, no prayers work in the Mirrors.

Format: Element: Location; Boss

Air: Clouds of Wrath; Giant Roc, from My Arm’s Big Adventure

Water: Submerged Castle; Dagannoth Mother, from Blood Runs Deep

Earth: Dark Mountain, Dad, from Troll Stronghold

Fire: The Inferno, Ket-Zek, from Fight Caves

Union: Fusion Field; Giant Wolpertinger*, from Wolf Whistle

Discord: Destruction Zone; Nezikchened, from Legends Quest

Space: Spacial Vortex; Kolodion, from Mage Arena

Time: Time Vortex; Mysterious Shade (level 132), from Daemonhiem

*The Giant Wolpertinger must be killed a special way. It has 2000 LP and can only be hurt by your familiar or through Rings of Recoil or Vengeance. It has no combat level and will attack with magic-based melee.

After gaining access to the boss’ lair, the altar will also spring to life, allowing you to restore your stats.

Temple of Transience: Boss -- Temporal [Time Form]

Your second face-off against Temporal, in which you learn about the events that occured in the Temple which caused everything so far. This will all be compounded in the end of this section.

This time, Temporal is not in his Shadow Form and therefore stronger. He is level 575 with 15000 LP. He will still use only magic and melee.

Time Warp: Same as always

Divine Drain: Damage for this hit doubles and also turns off any protection prayers. Cannot protect against this attack, although it can miss

Time Portal: Calls forth 5-12 Shadow Minions (lvl 80), this time, they will range and melee

Soul Swap: This time, the exchange is slower but Temporal will heal double the LP the Minion has. However, you can intercept the exchange and you will heal yourself instead for an amount equal to the LP of the Minion.

Soul Sweep: Every Minion explodes, healing 300-400 LP damage to anything near it

Shadow Shield: Temporal calls forth his Shadow Form. You must equip your Shadow Sword (i) to deal damage.

Possess: Temporal releases his Shadow Form if it is already out, and it will bond with either you or a Minion, whichever is closer. If it bonds with you, it will constantly drain your stats until it disappears. If it bonds with a Minion, the Minion’s combat level, LP, and power triples. Killing the Minion will deal damage to Temporal.

Psycho Blast: Same as always

Final Crash: When you red-bar Temporal, he will do this attack. After performing this attack, Temporal will be drained of energy and collapse. You cannot win this fight without surviving through this attack. Dying to it will cause you to have to start the fight over. First, Temporal freezes you in place. He quickly strikes you three times with melee, then explodes in your face, propelling him to the other end of the room and dealing another melee hit. He will charge up for a few seconds, then shoot 4 ranged attacks at you followed by 2 magic attacks. He will charge up power again, dash toward you, and deal a huge melee hit with a 200% boost in strength and accuracy. You may eat and pray at any time during this attack, although no protection prayers will work.

After defeating Temporal, the entire Temple will begin to collapse. You are rescued by a tall white golem-like creature, who teleports you away.

[/hide]

[hide=Part 4.5: The Story]

The Prime Divine have observed your actions, and the white golem is in fact a messenger from them. The story is explained in full.

After the Prima left Gielinor, the Temple was left largely intact in a small landmass where the Lum Delta used to be. However, one day a battle-weakened Mahjarrat stumbled across it while he was fleeing from War. He realized that the Temple held a huge amount of power and attempted to conceal it from the other Mahjarrat by sending it to a Time Realm he controlled. The guardian of the Temple, Messiah, attempted to fight off Messiah. However, years of neglect by the Prime Divine greatly weakened Messiah’s powers, and he was unable to defend against Temporal. Thus the Temple itself was transported to a different realm while a shadow of it remained in Gielinor, with Temporal’s Shadow Form remaining to look over it.

After defeating the Shadow Form of Temporal, his grip on the realms was weakened enough for Messiah to restore the Temple to Gielinor. In the process, a weaker Temporal was locked out of the Temple by Messiah’s power, without his Shadow Form to assist him. However, the Temple was in a ruined state due to the battle between Messiah and Temporal.

Defeating Messiah once again allowed Temporal to regain control. Messiah’s defeat left you with the Immortal Key, allowing you to travel back in time and perhaps stop Temporal. As a master of time, however, Temporal was able to intercept your travel and instead bring you to the Temple of Transience, where you fought and killed him for good, due to him being fatigued through numerous battles.

The Prime Divine’s eyes were awoken from these events, and they have once against restored the Temple to its state before Temporal’s tampering. However, his lasting presence remains, as an evil force has crept into the Temple. You are thanked for your service to the Prime Divine and are granted free access in the Temple, as long as you do not bring any foreign items (with a few exceptions) into the Temple. However, you are asked one final favor, to rid the Temple of the final evil that Temporal has plagued it with. Be wary, as although the Prime Divine will help you complete the dungeon, they cannot halt the attacks of the evil forces contained within it.

In addition, your Immortal Sword (o) is upgraded to an Immortal Sword (i). Its stats are equal to the Chaotic Rapier’s, however it is longsword speed and has a higher slash bonus.

[/hide]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[hide=The Temple of Immortals, Floors 1-5]

The only Overworld items permitted in the Temple of Immortals are the Ring of Kinship (i), Immortal Sword (i), Orb of Oculus, and the Immortal Key. You are not permitted to enter if you have anything else, in fact you MUST enter with all of these items except the Orb of Oculus. You may not enter with a familiar or pet out.

The ground floor’s layout is similar to every other Temple. You enter in the Courtyard with a Sanctuary beyond it. However, the tree in the middle is now an Ambrosia Tree, and you may take as many “doses” of Ambrosia as you want. The Ambrosia from this tree is greater Ambrosia. It restores 250 LP, and boosts your attack, strength, defense, range, magic, summoning and prayer by 20%. In addition, it also cures poison and disease and restores 35% of your run energy. Any lowered stats are also increased by 5 levels. Greater Ambrosia is rare, more often you will find Lesser Ambrosia in the dungeon, which restores 200 LP and cures poison and disease.

The altar in the Sanctuary will restore your stats. Praying at it also causes your Ring of Kinship (i) to glow. You may select one member of the Prime Divine to assist you during the Temple. Operating your ring will trigger a special attack, if applicable. Other effects are always active.

Aero (Air): Levitate--Allows you to dodge all melee attacks when activated. Effect ends when you enter a new floor or when you are hit by an earth-based attack.

Hyra (Water): Healing Water--Ambrosia heals 50 LP more

Gaia (Earth): Great Wall--When activated, it erects a 5 square wide wall that can be shot over, and you may climb over. Can only be used once per floor.

Vulcan (Fire): Burning Blaze--Always active. Whenever you at below 30% of your total LP, you receive a 50% boost in your damage.

Sia (Union): Bond--Activate on a monster and you will bind with that monster, eliminate aggression from any monsters of the same type.

Amos (Discord): Chaos--Activate on a monster and every monster in that room will attack one another. You also receive a 10% boost in damage in that room. May be used once per floor.

Memoria (Time): Freeze Frame--Activate to stop all NPC movements and attacks for 10 seconds, 5 minute cooldown.

Ren (Space): Spacial Warp--Activate. Teleports you to the beginning of the floor you are on, unlimited uses. If you are at the beginning of a floor when activated, you may choose to teleport to the beginning of the Temple instead (you will appear in the Courtyard).

FLOOR 1

After choosing your god, the door in the Sanctuary will be imbued with energy, allowing you access to the Final Refuge, better known as the boss’ lair in the pre-dungeons. In the Final Refuge, you may pick up a set of Prima Robes, which offer you +40 in all defenses and +6 prayer when the 3-piece set is worn (head, body, legs). The Final Refuge is the last place in the Temple where there are no monsters.

The remainder of this floor is randomly generated. You must complete a maze of rooms, much like in Daemonhiem. At the end is a locked door that is opened by killing 3 Corrupted Avatars in the maze and lighting the pyres in their rooms.

Possible Corrupt Avatars (level 250):

Air: Tornado Brawler, melee, magic, can push you back and stun

Water: Permafrost, range, magic, can freeze

Earth: Overgrowth, range, magic, can heal himself

Fire: Consumption, magic, melee, drains your stats

Union: Bind, melee, range, can pull you toward her

Discord: Evoke, melee, magic, can unequip your items

Time: Tempo, range, magic, can cast “Time Warp”

Space: Trey, melee, magic, can teleport to anywhere in the lair, even behind a safespot or unreachable area.

Possible Rooms (any monster rooms indicate multiple monsters in the same room):

Rock Monster: Level 100, melee, range, drops Immortal Ore

Ents: Level 110, magic, drops Sacred Logs

Snakes: Level 90, melee, poisonous, drops Divine Snakeskin

Magicians: Level 90, magic, drops Blessed Cloth

Winged Terror: Level 150 (only one per room), melee, range, drops Claws (used as knives, needles, and can be broken down into 100 bolt/arrow heads) and Black Feathers (x10)

Great Fire Beast: Level 130 (only one per room), magic, collapses when it dies and acts as a furnace

Berserker Lord: Level 150 (only one per room), melee, collapses when it dies and acts as an anvil, drops hammers

Divine Pillar: Pray at it to restore your stats. It will also call another Immortal Armor you have in your bank to you so you may use it.

Sacred Spider: Level 110, ranged, drops Silk Thread and Magicites

Ambrosia Tree: Offers Lesser Ambrosia

Meteor Men: Level 170, melee, drop Meteor Bracers and can drop Greater Ambrosia.

Making Supplies

Temple Armor: ore -> furnace -> anvil + hammer

Temple Leatherarmor: snakehide -> claw + thread

Temple Robes: cloth -> claw + thread

Melee Weapons: ore -> furnace -> anvil + hammer -> Meteor Bracers, can make rapier, longsword, spear, or maul

Range Weapons: logs -> claw -> silk thread -> Meteor Bracers, can make longbow or crossbow

Range Ammo: logs -> claw -> feather -> arrow/bolt heads

Magic Weapons: logs -> claw -> magicite -> Meteor Bracers

1 Magicite is equal to 100 of the runes it represents (death magicites give 100 deaths per magicite). They are dropped 1 at a time, except for elemental runes, which are dropped 5 at a time. When attached to a staff, the Magicite provides unlimited runes.

When you reach the end of the floor and all 3 Corruption Avatars have been killed, you may ascend the staircase to floor 2.

FLOOR 2

The bulk of this floor is a giant chessboard. You start with no pieces. However, in the room prior to it, there are a plethora of Soul Spawns. Killing a Soul Spawn gets you one chesspiece for your use in the game.

Level 110 = Pawn

Level 125 = Knight

Level 130 = Bishop

Level 150 = Rook

Level 190 = Queen

They all attack with melee, you act as the King in the game.

Losing the game results in your losing all but 1 LP and all of your pieces. You may also forfeit, which loses all of your pieces but does not cause you to take damage. If you teleport out of the game with Ren’s special move, the game starts over and you take neither damage nor piece loss.

Each move costs you 1 summoning and 1 prayer point. Each lost peice costs 100 LP, each kill earns 50 LP. Winning the game will unlock 6 surrounding rooms, each containing a random one of the following:

Ambrosia Tree: Lesser Ambrosia

Golden Statues: Level 120, drop gold bars

Berserker Lords

Great Fire Beats

Lever Room: Pull lever to face one more Corruption Avatar, defeating it reveals a staircase to floor 3.

Plague Knights: Level 100, melee, poisonous, and diseased, drop Corrupt Gems.

Taking Corrupt Gems to the Ambrosia Tree cleanses them into Immortal Gems. Attaching these to your weapon increases its damage by 10%. In addition, you can now make amulets, rings, and bracelets.

Gold bar -> furnace = crude jewelry -> anvil = immortal jewelry.

Amulets give +5 in all attack, +11 to all defenses, +10 strength and +3 prayer

Rings give +7 in all attack and defense, +3 strength +1 prayer

Bracelets give +10 in all defenses and +5 prayer

FLOOR 3

Noteworthy mention is that a Magic Ladder is next to the staircase from floor 2 to floor 3. At this point, however, you cannot climb it. There are two corridors, one to your east and one to your west. The western one contains a Fire Gem at the end, the eastern one contains an Ice Gem. Adding either to your Ring of Kinship (i) grants it the powers of Fire or Ice, but you cannot add both. At the end of both corridors lies a puzzle room, containing either a Fire Puzzle or an Ice Puzzle. Completeing BOTH grants access to the next room between the two puzzles with a Union Gem, which combines the powers of the Fire and Ice Rings, granting you both in the same ring so you will not have to switch. Proceed to the next room, heading south again, and there will be 3 animated Gem Shards (level 170), magic attacks and can stun you. Killing all 3 will give you the Force Gem, which you can add to your Union Gem to create a complete Union Gem, adding it to your Ring of Kinship gives you a Ring of Kinship (u). Proceed to the puzzle room south to face a Force Puzzle. Solving it will unlock a staircase to floor 4.

Fire Puzzle: A giant balance with various pillars of fire on them. To get to the other side, you must balance the balance. You weigh the equivalent to 4 pillars of fire. You can use the Ice Gem to freeze a pillar of fire, doubling its weight.

Ice Puzzle: The floor is iced over, but there is a large ice block that you must slide across to reach an empty pool, with the door on the other side. The ice block will move in the direction you push it until it hits a barrier or wall. Get it to the empty pool and use the Fire Gem on it to melt it, filling the pool. Stepping stones float up, which you can jump across to open the door.

Force Puzzle: 3 pipes on the ceiling will drop rocks at the same time which will move at different speeds. You can use the Force Gem to push various tubes around which can redirect the direction of the rocks in the way they are built. If all 3 rocks smack into the solid door at the same time, it will open, giving you access to the staircase to floor 4.

FLOOR 4 AND 5

When entering floor 4, you immediately have access to floor 5, although floor 5 will not be of any use until you complete the Ice Pillar Puzzle before you now. There is an impassable rock wall in front of you, so you must climb to floor 5, jump across the ice pillars you positioned, and drop down back to floor 4. (You may, however, pass the rock wall from the back side of it). You can only jump 1 square at a time between pillars, and you need your Force Gem to move the Ice Pillars.

Note floor 5 is split into a northern and southern section, which are not connected. You need to use floor 4 to get to the northern part.

After dropping down past the rock wall, there are 3 paths. One leads to an active summoning obelisk, which you can use to enter the spirit realm and bind a familiar to you, which will accompany you for the rest of the dungeon until it is killed in combat or dismissed. Another path leads to a room with a Grapple Launcher, and the final door goes northward into a room full with shadow. You will not be able to see anything in this room. However, you can still walk northward, where you will still be able to open the door to a tall tower called the Den Of Dragons. In the center is another Grapple Launcher.

Grab both, note that you can equip the second in your shield slot, thus allowing you to have two grapples active at once. Use this method to scale up around the walls of the Den of Dragons tower, ascending to the top, where you will meet the Cardinal Dragon (level 300). Slay it (although note you will not have access to any anti-dragon fire items) and it will drop the Dragon’s Heart. South of the Cardinal Dragon is a dragon statue that overlooks the Room of Shadow from the previous floor. Add the Dragon’s Heart to the statue and it will begin to breathe fire, illuminating the room below. Go back down into the Room of (former) Shadow and you will see the apparently shadow of a curving bridge. Memorize the step formation of the bridge (which varies player to player, and dungeon to dungeon). Then, go back to the Den of Dragons and return to the dragon statue. Climb over the statue and walk across the air in the same step formation as the shadow in the room below. You will reach the other side, which is the northern half of floor 5.

You will reach a room with a Chain Beast (level 250). It will only melee you. However, it not only can hit past prayer, but it can also shoot out chains from its body, latching onto you and pulling you toward it. This makes avoiding melee attacks impossible, unless you use Freeze Frame. Kill it to receive the Amulet of Lash, which will power up the Grapple Launchers. Now, you can “operate” the Grapple Launchers with the Amulet of Lash equipped to select a monster. This will grab the monster, dealing standard ranged damage, and pull it to a square adjacent to you. Continue to walk south until you reach another staircase right before the room you used for the Ice Pillar puzzle (again, these two halves are not connected). Ascend to floor 6.

[/hide]

[hide=Temple of Immortals, floors 6-8]

FLOOR 6

Floor 6 requires a multitude of puzzles to complete. First, you will be in a room with a giant library. Search the bookshelves to discover the Book of Mechanics.

In it are a few equations, which are loosely based on real life physics equations. For example, there are allusions to kinematic, momentum/impulse, and electrostatic equations. The equations actually change in each dungeon, but they are all fundamentally based off their RL equivalents. All equations are used to solve the puzzles on the floor.

After the library is a giant cannon before a giant ravine. You can adjust its firing angle, distance from the ravine, and the force at which it launches a grapple with a robe attached to it. The weight of the grapple is given to you, and it will vary. Simply adjust the cannon specs until it fires the grapple at the totem on the other side of the ravine. You cannot overshoot. Once the grapple is in place, just walk across the rope.

Next there are two electric totems, one positively charged and the other negatively charged. Later down the hallway is a Thunderbird Totem, which has a certain amount of negative or positive charge. Use the Gem of Force to bring the appropriate electric totem to the Thunderbird Totem and drain it of its charge, thus unlocking the next door.

The third room also involves electricity. You must manipulate the wiring by changing the resistance and change the energy source to increase or decrease the voltage so that the correct amount of current flows through the door, which would unlock it. To change the resistance, you simply change the wires. To change the voltage, however, you must either kill Electric Spawns (level 70), which drains voltage from the energy source, or nurture Electroaks in the nearby farming patch, which would increase the voltage. You must use both methods, since you won’t have all the wires necessary to solve this puzzle by altering resistance alone.

The final room is a giant boulder. You can push the boulder down a ramp to break down the solid wall which blocks the staircase to the next floor. However, the boulder must strike the door at the correct velocity. Too little or too much will not break down the wall. You can change the boulder’s distance from the bottom to different set intervals and you can also change the amount of force you push it initially, giving it more or less initial velocity.

Once all 4 puzzles are complete, you may move on to floor 7. Before the staircase is a Lesser Ambrosia Tree.

FLOOR 7

Before proceeding to the Great Maze, which takes up most of this floor, there is a Sacred Grove near the staircase. Pray before the tree in the middle and your stats will be restored. In addition, a symbol will be revealed to you which you must memorize. It can be either:

-A Giant Wing

-Ocean Waves

-A Great Tree

-A Fireball

-Converging arrows

-Diverging arrows

-Parallel arrows

-Perpendicular arrows

The Great Maze is simply a maze much like the maze random event, except that it is large and packed with monsters. Every monster you’ve met so far in the dungeon, as well as a few slayer monsters, are capable of appearing in the Great Maze. There are also chests in the maze, which you can loot for Ambrosia or other supplies.

Your goal is not to reach the center, but to reach the other side. Proceed to another Sacred Grove. Before you are 8 trees. Search the one with the symbol engraved into it that matches the one you were shown in the beginning of the floor. That tree will reveal a portal that teleports you to the next room.

The next room is filled with 5-15 Shadow Knights (level 200). They are naturally black and translucent. However, if one glows purple, it will fire a giant purple beam from its sword in the direction it is facing. If this attack hits you, you become “corrupted” and must return to the second Sacred Grove to restore yourself. Getting hit by this attack also fully heals every leftover Knight, and until you cleanse yourself, your stats are all halved. However, this attack takes a long time to charge up, and any Shadow Knights caught by it are severely damaged.

When all of the Shadow Knights are dead, the door unlocks to the next room and an Ambrosia Tree appears. This tree is special; it has a 30% chance of giving you Greater Ambrosia instead of Lesser Ambrosia.

Gaze into the next room (option on the door) and you see the 8 High Priests of the Prime Divine. However, you notice they all have a purple tinge, indicating that they are in their corrupted forms. If you kill one with your Immortal Shadow Sword, it will be cleansed and no longer a threat (this counts as the finishing blow required to kill a Corrupted High Priest).

They are all level 200 and have a special ability.

Aero: range, melee, avoids all melee attacks (except when under 10% of total hp to allow for finishing blow)

Hyra: magic, melee, can freeze

Gaia: magic, range, attacks are stronger the closer you are

Vulcan: melee, magic, attacls get stronger as HP gets lower

Sia: magic, range, magic attacks can augment another’s magic attack. The combined spells do 250% the damage one of them would have dealt.

Amos:: melee, range, melee attacks can break armor, halving its bonuses, or destroying it if that piece of armor has already been “broken”. Range attacks can drain prayer, if active, or combat stats, if prayers are inactive.

Ren: magic, range, can create clone decoys. When they attack, they do no damage.

Memoria: magic, melee, can create distortions in the battlefield where “Time Warp” is active. Only 2 may be active at a time.

Killing all 8 Corrupted High Priests unlocks the Divine Door, which reveals the final room on the floor. The bodies of the high priests are revitalized in their cleansed forms when you leave. Talking to one of them fully restores your stats.

The next room is a giant altar. Pray at it to enchant your Ring of Kinship into a Ring of Kinship (m)--the Magic Ring of Kinship.

Now, return to floor 3 and ascend the Magic Ladder. This takes you to floor 8.

FLOOR 8

This is a relatively small floor and more or less a filler. This floor is identical to the Ruined Temple Form 2. Unlock the door to the Sanctuary by defeating the challenges in the East and West wings. Your Immortal Sword will be further enhanced into an Immortal Sword (p) (Prime). With this power up, you can strike the pedestal in the courtyard and enter the Sanctuary.

Note: The Courtyard has a Dead Tree.

In the Sanctuary is a locked up Messiah, who will not attack. He will explain how a Corrupted form of himself is on the floor above, and that he is no longer able to keep it in check. He begs you to rid the Temple of the foreign malice by killing his Corrupted form, and with his last strength enchants your Ring into a Ring of Kinship (p) (Prime). He then fades away.

The Ring of Kinship (p) unlocks your “Prime” form, which is similar to you under the Stone of Jas effect. You keep this effect for the remainder of the dungeon and cannot deactivate it. However, under this effect, you do not gain any experience in any combat skills.

All of your stats are raised to 250. However, if they fall back to normal levels, you cannot restore them to 250, nor do you unlock the ability to use new spells, etc. through this boost (exception, slayer. You gain the ability to slay any slayer monster). You never run out of run energy. Also, you will continuously take in energy from the Temple. Sometimes, this energy will overload and you must discharge it. When this occurs, your character will glow yellow, like the Shadow-Forger’s special attack. You explode the area around you, dealing heavy damage to anything caught in the blast. Afterward, you will once again begin to take in energy from the Temple. Lastly, you power up anything near you.

Using your last ability, stand next to the Dead Tree in the Courtyard. This will power it up into a Greater Ambrosia Tree. It also reveals a final staircase: The Stairway to the Gods. Ascend it to the roof of the Temple.

[/hide]

[hide=The Temple of Immortals, floor 9]

The Roof of the Temple is a giant battlefield. Right before you enter the main chamber, there is a much smaller side-chamber with an altar that will restore your stats. You may descend the Stairway, but once you enter the final boss’ lair, you will not be able to leave.

The boss, is of course, the corrupted guardian of the Temple of Immortals: Corrupt Messiah. He is level 1500 with 3000 LP. For much of the fight, though, he is invincible. Messiah can attack with all 3 combat styles and can use protection prayers. He also has a number of different special attacks and forms.

The battlefield is a huge circle. There are the 8 Pillars from which Messiah will draw power from. In between every 2 pillars is a box (8 total) with various equipment that changes depending on the form Messiah is in. The items contained in the boxes will be mentioned individually.

Temple of Immortals: Boss -- Form 1: Dimensional Master--Messiah

Difficulty: **

Information: Messiah draws on Ren’s pillar, opening a portal and calls forth various slayer monsters. The boxes will provide any equipment you need (earmuffs, anti-dragon shield, etc.) and if you’ve learnt how to make a Slayer Helm, you can do so without the Black Mask.

To defeat Dimensional Master--Messiah, you must first notice that if Messiah is caught in the cross-fire of an attack that requires special equipment to block (such as Dragonfire, Banshee’s Howls, Aberrant Spectre’s magic, etc.) Messiah is harmed. Thus, simply lure the appropriate slayer monsters to hurt Messiah, who is not protected against these attacks.

Possible Monsters to use against Messiah:

-Banshees

-Dust Devils

-Aberrant Spectres

-All Dragons

-Cockatrice

-Basilisks

Remember, however, that Messiah summons ANY non-boss monster that can be assigned as a slayer task. This means you will meet Dagannoth, Kalphites Guardians, Dark Beasts, and the like, so not every monster will be able to harm Messiah.

Each time a monster hurts Messiah, Messiah will kill it. After a number of hits, Messiah will teleport away. All the remaining monsters are killed.

After every form, a Dead Tree will appear where Messiah teleported from. Stand next to it to turn it into a Lesser Ambrosia Tree. You have 30 seconds to take as much Ambrosia as you’d like before Messiah returns on that spot in a huge explosion that will damage you for 500 LP, destroying the tree.

Temple of Immortals: Boss -- Form 2: Elemental Master--Messiah

Difficulty: ***

Information: Messiah will appear in the center. Now, he has the ability to call on the 8 pillars for a special attack. You can tell which pillar he drew the attack from by the color Messiah turns, a color which corresponds to the attack.

White-Air

Blue-Water

Green-Earth

Red-Fire

Purple-Union

Black-Discord

Green-Time

Orange-Space

The attack takes a while to charge, but by hiding behind the pillar that corresponds to the color Messiah glows, you use the pillar to deflect the attack back at Messiah, which will harm him. After a few deflected hits, Messiah will again teleport away.

However, he will not always use this attack. He has the ability to attack you normally.

Temple of Immortals: Boss -- Form 3: Warlord--Messiah

Difficulty: ****

Information: This time, Messiah calls forth legions from the 8 Pillars. There are 15-20 different Legions, which can vary from level 50-200. However, each is spiritually linked to Messiah, and killing all of them will defeat this form.

However, Messiah gains access to a few special attacks.

Beam: Messiah focuses on a single square, which glows red. He proceeds to fire a huge beam 3 squares wide, which explodes in a 4x4 square when it reaches the focus square. If you are caught in the beam, you will be pushed back towards the focus square. The attack will be much like the Luminescent Icefiend’s icicle attack. Although they will tend to push you into harm’s way, it is possible to escape the cycle. Getting caught in the explosion will result in heavy damage.

Charge Beam: All remaining units focus energy with Messiah and all combat ceases for the time being. Messiah proceeds to fire a beam at your location. Should it miss, it sweep across the room following you. Eventually, the beam will subside and all the units will attack you once more after a brief respite. The beam’s power and speed are greater if there are more units left on the field.

Discharge: Ghosts of all defeated units reappear and all combat ceases. Each ghost then shoots an electric impulse at you that increases in power the more ghosts there are. Although you can physically dodge each impulse, they are able to slowly trail behind you. Also keep in mind that there may be as many as 19 impulses following you at the same time. After a little while, all remaining impulses and ghosts disappear. There is another brief respite, and combat continues.

Temple of Immortals: Boss -- Form 4: Storm Master--Messiah

Difficulty: ****

Information: Messiah calls forth a huge storm that presides over the battlefield. Various puddles of water will appear and lightning flashes and will periodically strike the large lightning rod that appears in the middle of the battlefield. Lure Messiah onto a puddle of water and freeze him using the Gem of Ice. Then use the Gem of Force to push him next to the lightning rod before he thaws. Lightning will then strike the lightning rod, harming Messiah. After a few shocks, Messiah will teleport away.

If you are next to the lightning rod when lightning strikes, you will be stunned and hit for 400+ damage.

Special attacks:

Ice Shard: Hits magic/ranged damage that doubles if Messiah is encased in ice

Electric Shock: Hits magic/ranged damage that doubles if you are near or in a puddle of water.

Lightning Field: Shoots bolts of lightning around the field, each one igniting a wall of fire that you cannot walk through. If Messiah is frozen and brought near a wall of fire, he instantly thaws.

Temple of Immortals: Boss -- Form 5: Avatar of _________

Difficulty: *****

Information: Messiah’s shield finally drops, allowing you to damage him directly. He calls upon a massive amount of energy in one of the 8 Pillars, transforming into an Avatar of that God, gaining a special ability and attack in the process (mentioned later). Messiah also gains considerable bulk, becoming like a giant golem.

In addition, he gains the ability to levitate. He flies above the ground and attacks you with ranged and magic projectiles. Use your Grapple Launchers and Amulet of Lash to climb the pillars just like you did in the Den of Dragons. When you are high enough, you will be able to grapple onto Messiah. When you are on Messiah, he will begin to shake and try to dislodge you, which causes you to be hit by melee damage. Use your Gem of Force while on Messiah to send both of you plummeting to the ground. This will disable Messiah’s levitation for a while, and you face Messiah under normal combat circumstances until he recovers his levitation.

Specials:

Air: Recovers from flight 2x faster.

Special Attack: Twister: Unleashes a gust of wind that immobilizes you for 20 seconds and deals melee damage.

Water: Each hit recovers 1/10 total damage dealt.

Special Attack: Ice Shard

Earth: Defense increases 15% when grounded

Special Attack: Earth Dive: When airborne, Messiah grabs you and slams you into the ground. If you were on a pillar, your progress resets.

Fire: Each hit drains your prayer slightly

Special Attack: Meteor Strike: Messiah calls forth a meteor shower that damages you more when his health is lower.

Union: NO SPECIAL EFFECT

Special Attack: Soul Speak: Messiah fires a huge laser that drains HP if it hits successfully.

Discord: Melee attacks drain defense

Special Attack: NONE

Time: Can slow down your attack speed*

Special Attack: Time Sphere: Create an area where “Time Warp” is in effect, but only one can be active at a time.

Space: Can increase own attack speed*

Special Attack: Shift: Teleports you to anywhere in the battlefield ground (thus removing you from pillars, if you are on one).

*All attack speed changes are temporary. Grounding Messiah removes any changes currently in effect, as does defeating Messiah.

After you deal 1000 damage to Messiah, the body will remain immobile on the ground, and it seems you have won. Inside the Avatar Body is a plethora of Lesser and Greater Ambrosia. After 1 minute, however, a giant sword will strike the body, destroying it and forcing you back. However, Messiah does not appear.

It begins to rain once more. In a flash of lightning, Messiah appears on the opposite side of the battlefield, once again in his normal appearance. He telekinetically grabs his sword, and lifts the tip toward you, challenging you to a final battle.

Then, however, a golden sword falls from the sky. You throw away all other weapons and equip this sword, the Divine Sword. It is able to melee, fire magic attacks (ranged attack), and cast spells (magic attack, no runes required).

Temple of Immortals: Boss -- Form 6: Messiah Prime

Difficulty: *****

Information: A final duel to the death with Corrupt Messiah. He has no special abilities, although he does have a few special attacks, and can use every combat style (just like your Divine Sword can).

Ragnarok: Fires simul. ranged and magic attacks at a fast tempo.

Divine Blade: Heals for whatever this attack hits

Feint: Delivers 2 quick melee hits. The second hit ignores prayer and armor. If it connects, you will also be stunned.

Meteor Crash: Jumps up and crashes down to deliver a massive hit with his sword. Cannot be avoided through prayer, 50% damage bonus.

Earthquake: Performs Meteor Crash without the damage bonus. However, after the initial attack, you will be hit by aftershocks equal to half the damage of the original hit for the next 30 seconds.

Tele-Chase: If you run too far away from Messiah or into an area where he cannot attack you (like behind a pillar), Messiah teleports next to you in an explosion, freezes you, and teleports both of you back to the center of the battlefield in another explosion. Explosions are based on melee damage but cannot be avoided through melee prayer.

When Messiah is finally defeated, he will fall onto his knees. The storm focuses around him and red rain pours from black storm clouds over his body. Messiah melts away and in his place is an opulent pedestal. Strike it with the Divine Blade and the pedestal and blade will sink into the ground. You regain your Immortal Shadow Sword (which reverts back to its (i) form). In place of the pedestal is an ornate chest. Loot it for your reward.

The Ring of Kinship (p) reverts back to a Ring of Kinship (i) in a flash, and before you a ghostly image of your God appears. He or she congratulates you on your success and awards you 200k attack, strength, defense, ranged and magic xp and 100k prayer, constitution, and summoning xp. You receive another 50k agility, mining, smithing, and crafting xp and are awarded with a Sacred Bone, which is untradeable and offers 10k prayer xp when buried.

In addition, you are given Dungeoneering Xp proportionate to how quickly you complete the Temple. This xp ranges from 50k-300k, and you are awarded tokens equal to 1/5 of that amount (double the normal token:xp ratio).

The God’s image fades away and in a flash of light you appear in Lumbridge Swamp. Everything equipped and in your inventory is destroyed, except:

-Your Loot from the Chest

-Your Immortal Shadow Sword and Ring of Kinship

-The Sacred Bone

-Any leftover Ambrosia, which cannot be traded or used in PvP Worlds

Loot is discussed in the next section.

[/hide]

[hide=Temple of Immortals: Rewards]

Upon completeing the Temple, you are rewarding with 1m+ in xp and a Sacred Bone as well as any Ambrosia leftover from the Temple. However, looting the chest reveals another reward, and the possible list is below.

Of important notice is that the Mahjarrat Temporal had control of the Temple for a time. As a result, of looted items are from Temporal’s time period, instead of the Prime Divine’s.

POSSIBLE LOOT

-Any dragon items, multiple items possible

-Ancient Staffs, multiple staffs possible

-Immortal Armor Pieces

-1m-5m coins

-Book of the Prime Divine

-100x Lesser Ambrosia

-20x Greater Ambrosia

-10-30 of every herb

-1-3 more Sacred Bones

-Messiah’s Sword

-Ring of Ice

-Ring of Fire

-Union Ring

-Grapple Launcher

-Slayer’s Sash

-Dusk Band

-100x of one runite item

UNIQUE REWARDS EXPLANATION

Book of the Prime Divine: Equipped as a shield, this book powers up special attacks. All special attacks, when used with the book equipped, receive a 50% damage boot in addition to any already provided. Also, when a special is unleashed, an image of one of the Prime Divine appear beside you, physically taking part in the attack.

If used with Messiah’s Sword, the Book gains +25 stab attack, +25 slash attack, +20 ranged attack, +15 magic attack, +10 prayer and +18 strength.

Messiah’s Sword:

140 slash attack, 120 stab, 30 magic attack, 120 ranged attack, 10 to all defenses, 15 prayer, 140 strength at Longsword Speed. 15% damage boost to magic, but requires runes to cast spells. Fires ammo in ranged quiver magically (as a ranged attack).

Special Attack: Varies with combat style, 50% drain

~~~Ranged: Ragnarok

~~~Magic: Ragnarok

~~~Stab: Meteor Crash

~~~Slash: Feint

Ring of Ice: Causes all water spells to have a freeze effect and increases damage of all ice spells by 20%

Ring of Fire:Fire spells powered up by 30%

Union Ring: Use up to 3 rings with it to combine the effects and stats of all 3. Irreverseable and always lost on death.

Grapple Launcher: Acts as a grapple for the shield slot, no grappled required for use. Also gives +30 ranged attack and adds +35 to ranged strength.

Slayer’s Sash: Equipped as a glove, it allows you to check your slayer task, ask for a new slayer task, spend slayer reward points, and ask for tips from your master remotely. In addition, the Slayer’s Sash increases attack/strength/ranged/and magic damage by 20% (does not stack with Void or the Slayer Helm). Grants immunity to darkness, poison, desert, and disease. If combined with the Dusk Band, it also removes the need for any extra equipment (ex. Rock Hammer, Facemask, Earmuffs, etc.), but does NOT protect against Dragonfire. Retains the abilities of the Dusk Band when combined.

Immortal Armor Pieces: Stats pending.

Extremely versatile armor. Like SC equipment, Immortal Armor pieces can change between melee, range, and magic forms as long as you are outside combat. The set consists of a helm, body, and legs.

However, if you use the Divine Pillar in Floor 1 of the Temple of Immortals, you can call it to you so you can use it in the Temple. Dying while in the Temple and completing the Temple will send all equipped armor pieces back to your bank. While in the Temple, the Immortal Armor adopts the best stats of all its forms, eliminating the need to change forms while in the Temple.

[/hide]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[hide=Closing Words]

I want to thank you for reading my (entire!) suggestion. I know it’s not exactly the easiest thing to understand, but I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I know it's not perfect either, but a few changes here and there will (hopefully) make it more practical, more fun, and more enjoyable to read.

Remember this suggestion is for a Master Dungeon, one that rewards any player with the Dungeoneering requirement who is brave enough to take on this huge challenge. So if “this part is too hard, there’s no way I could do that” is in your mind now, take another glance and reconsider. I’ll admit I’m not the best puzzle-creator, so if you have an idea for a better puzzle, post it.

In fact, if you have anything that can be improved on, please don’t hesitate to mention it. Anyone who knows me well knows that I take everything from everyone into consideration. Please, don’t hesitate to post what’s in your mind right now.

Also, I need some help illustrating a few of the items here, especially the maps. I can provide you with a general schematic. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

In addition, I already have an idea for a second Master Dungeon, although I'm not sure how successful any of them will be. If enough people like this idea, I can continue to work on that.

~Zaaps1[/hide]

I didn't read the suggestion, I admit it. I skipped right to the rewards section. They sound awesome, and I was wondering if I could draw them up?

Messiah's sword is screaming machete/scimitar/falchion to me...

Absolutely, I LOVE your work, hawk :) I'd be honored if you drew concept art for it!

And as I said, it's perfectly find if you didn't read the entire thing, it's quite understandable.

Sweet. :thumbsup: I'll start on that, just a note though, my scanner is not working, rather, the computer the scanner's attached to is not working so it may be a while before you have legit good art (thank goodness for digital cameras though!)

That's no problem at all, take your time :)

Fantastic, Zaaps. I read the whole thing. :cool: I've been pondering the idea of an epic dungeon since Dungeoneering came out, so it's cool to read something similar (and something that's actually been written and fleshed out, unlike mine). Here are some thoughts:

- The Prima remind me of elves, the Prime Divine remind me of the Elder Gods, and the Primordial Magi remind me of the Mahjarrat. Perhaps it would be more in-line with the lore of Runescape to change those? I don't quite remember if the elves and Mahjarrat fit into the timeline of Runescape the way you wrote it, but I think it would give the suggestion a little more familiarity, if you know what I mean.

- Some of the dungeons and boss fights remind me a LOT of Zelda, which is a good thing. I think you need to change the name of the Temple of Time, though. ;)

- How long do you think it would take to do this every month? I'm a little weary of having a random reward at the end, but I guess that depends on the rarity of the items.

- Rewards seem very OP, but obviously the rewards are not the crux of your suggestion, so that's not really a big deal.

All in all, I like it very much.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Thanks for posting! I'm glad you liked it :)

Fantastic, Zaaps. I read the whole thing. :cool: I've been pondering the idea of an epic dungeon since Dungeoneering came out, so it's cool to read something similar (and something that's actually been written and fleshed out, unlike mine). Here are some thoughts:

- The Prima remind me of elves, the Prime Divine remind me of the Elder Gods, and the Primordial Magi remind me of the Mahjarrat. Perhaps it would be more in-line with the lore of Runescape to change those? I don't quite remember if the elves and Mahjarrat fit into the timeline of Runescape the way you wrote it, but I think it would give the suggestion a little more familiarity, if you know what I mean.

Well I created something totally new so the least impact on current storylines would occur. I suppose some lines of similarity could be expanded to make the themes and races more familiar, but then there would be a lot of "wait, ___ source says that didn't happen" or "no according to _____ quest, _____ is the result and your story is wrong"

- Some of the dungeons and boss fights remind me a LOT of Zelda, which is a good thing. I think you need to change the name of the Temple of Time, though. ;)

Crap, now that you point out that name issue, you're right. I'll change it, won't be as catchy, damn Nintendo taking all the good names

- How long do you think it would take to do this every month? I'm a little weary of having a random reward at the end, but I guess that depends on the rarity of the items.

I want to say at least a few hours. Of course there would be streams of monsters to kill and such, but I'm a little wary about putting hours worth of gameplay into an idea, so I've tried to keep it short. Obviously, it didn't work out too well.

- Rewards seem very OP, but obviously the rewards are not the crux of your suggestion, so that's not really a big deal.

Which ones in particular? You're right, it's way more about the Master Dungeon than the rewards, but since the rewards are a part of it as well, I'd like to know

All in all, I like it very much.

Just reading this through and spotted this, think it's an error :ohnoes: I'll post my opinion soon <3:

Fairy Tale Part 3

Desert Treasure + Ghostly Robes side-quest + Shadow Sword side-quest

Restless Ghost

Legends

Eagles Peak

Nomads Requiem

Shades of Mortton

Love Story

Meeting History

My Arms Big Adventure

Blood Runs Deep

Troll Stronghold

Wolf Whistle

Mage Arena (mini-quest)

Must have been inside Daemonhiem at least once*

There's nothing exceptionally difficult like WGS or Nomad's Requiem, although most players who are able to complete this dungeon will probably have those completed anyway.

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

What error? ;)

I love the creativity, and though some of this is unbelievable as content, it's a fantastic read and great to imagine it :thumbsup: I'd love to see bosses like that and bringing in items from outside of dungeoneering like your ideas <3:

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for your comments :)

What do you mean by OP?

Sorry, what I meant was: Overpowered in what aspect?

And yeah, NY ftw :)

I think it's pretty balanced, considering that it offers no defense bonuses. But come to think of it, yeah I think it could use some reduction. -10 is a little too much though, I think +14 is fair, which is like +7 str over Dragonfire. Zerker (i) ring is +4 over Zerker ring and requires a lot of time to obtain as well.

Wow, this is great! The history aspect is a little off, but I read it all and its great! One other thing is that it lacks the randomness of most dungeoneering, so it doesn't really fit in well with dungeoneering. The rewards are great too, maybe you could go to the temple and dedicate your armour or sword to one of the gods? And these gods are the elder gods, right? If they aren't, the lore is messed up a lot, and if they are waaay to much is revealed. Maybe make the gods or their agents a little more cryptic... and remember the edicts!

great overall. And I look forward to seeing those pics.

Wow, this is great! The history aspect is a little off, but I read it all and its great! One other thing is that it lacks the randomness of most dungeoneering, so it doesn't really fit in well with dungeoneering. The rewards are great too, maybe you could go to the temple and dedicate your armour or sword to one of the gods? And these gods are the elder gods, right? If they aren't, the lore is messed up a lot, and if they are waaay to much is revealed. Maybe make the gods or their agents a little more cryptic... and remember the edicts!

great overall. And I look forward to seeing those pics.

Thanks for your support and your comments :)

I'd like to address a few of the points you've brought up.

What I hoped to imply is that the mentioned gods, the Prime Divine, are not the "Elder Gods". Again, I'm not perfect with the history, but here's the picture I hope to paint:

[hide=My Picture]The Prime Divine did not necessarily create Gielinor, as it is never mentioned. However, they DID create its first inhabitants, the Prima and various animal species. However, when they were separated from Gielinor through internal conflict amongst themselves (I actually have a whole separate story about this, but I decided not to post), they could no longer protect the Prima from foreign invaders. Thus they sent Guthix, who, if I remember from Meeting History, came to Gielinor BEFORE the Elder Gods. However, with both Guthix and the Prima left, there were no more gods for the humans to look up to and worship.

And thus various species began to threaten their existance. Thus the humans began their vain search for the Temple, which is how the story plays into this suggestion.

Afterward, however, new gods appeared who were willing to lend assistance to the humans. THESE are the gods I hoped to suggest as the "Elder Gods". They presided over the humans and various other races that now inhabited Gielinor, and the rest is history.[/hide]

On dedicating armor, I felt the inner workings were complex enough that I didn't have to include any patronage from the Prime Divine apart from your selected Special Ability and vital storyline components. Although if you mean purely visual changes, I'm all for it.

On Dungoneering's random nature, I tried to include as many options for randomness as possible, such as randomized puzzles, etc. However, you'll notice that very little detail is given on the floor's layout. I expect the general idea to be the same, but of course with dungeoneering components added.

For example, on Floor 6, with the Ice, Fire, and Force puzzles, from the stairs to the Fire and Ice puzzles, it's only mentioned that they're the next stop. In between there may be Guardian Doors, Skill Doors, Puzzle Doors, etc. In addition, remember that a new Temple is generated for each player, so we can't expect TOO much randomness, as we need to consider the capacity of the servers.

Wow, this is great! The history aspect is a little off, but I read it all and its great! One other thing is that it lacks the randomness of most dungeoneering, so it doesn't really fit in well with dungeoneering. The rewards are great too, maybe you could go to the temple and dedicate your armour or sword to one of the gods? And these gods are the elder gods, right? If they aren't, the lore is messed up a lot, and if they are waaay to much is revealed. Maybe make the gods or their agents a little more cryptic... and remember the edicts!great overall. And I look forward to seeing those pics.
Thanks for your support and your comments :)I'd like to address a few of the points you've brought up.What I hoped to imply is that the mentioned gods, the Prime Divine, are not the "Elder Gods". Again, I'm not perfect with the history, but here's the picture I hope to paint:[hide=My Picture]The Prime Divine did not necessarily create Gielinor, as it is never mentioned. However, they DID create its first inhabitants, the Prima and various animal species. However, when they were separated from Gielinor through internal conflict amongst themselves (I actually have a whole separate story about this, but I decided not to post), they could no longer protect the Prima from foreign invaders. Thus they sent Guthix, who, if I remember from Meeting History, came to Gielinor BEFORE the Elder Gods. However, with both Guthix and the Prima left, there were no more gods for the humans to look up to and worship.And thus various species began to threaten their existance. Thus the humans began their vain search for the Temple, which is how the story plays into this suggestion.Afterward, however, new gods appeared who were willing to lend assistance to the humans. THESE are the gods I hoped to suggest as the "Elder Gods". They presided over the humans and various other races that now inhabited Gielinor, and the rest is history.[/hide]On dedicating armor, I felt the inner workings were complex enough that I didn't have to include any patronage from the Prime Divine apart from your selected Special Ability and vital storyline components. Although if you mean purely visual changes, I'm all for it.On Dungoneering's random nature, I tried to include as many options for randomness as possible, such as randomized puzzles, etc. However, you'll notice that very little detail is given on the floor's layout. I expect the general idea to be the same, but of course with dungeoneering components added.For example, on Floor 6, with the Ice, Fire, and Force puzzles, from the stairs to the Fire and Ice puzzles, it's only mentioned that they're the next stop. In between there may be Guardian Doors, Skill Doors, Puzzle Doors, etc. In addition, remember that a new Temple is generated for each player, so we can't expect TOO much randomness, as we need to consider the capacity of the servers.

1. Elder gods were in the pre-first age. they created gielenor. The only known living things surviving from their rule are the TzHaar. Guthix's arrival marks the start of the first age. At the time of his arrival gielenor was a dead ball of lava. He made gielenor habitable using the stone and brought the humans through. When he finishes, gets the humans set up, looks back and sees what he has created is good, he takes a nap. Then the second age starts, where most of the gods from the god wars and modern gods arrive, in addition to the majrahat and zaros.

2. I was thinking set effect and visual improvement for the armour and weapon dedication. kinda like the constant abilities of the avatars, not the special attacks.

3. I guess that would overload the servers... maybe if only one floor was loaded at a time? still possible...

1. I'll make adjustments. Thanks!

2. I don't fully understand what you're trying to say.

3. But remember sometimes it's required to go back to a previous floor (magic ladder on floor 3, connection between 4 and 5).

• 2 weeks later...

I like this and it sounds extremely elaborate (I'll read it in full later, but I got a lecture coming up). But I'd adjust the rewards a bit, right now they seem extremely overpowered. Considering chaotic/turm/ovl/steel titan already downs Graardor in 30 seconds, I hardly think we need stronger weapons. Similarly, true tribrid armour with top-tier bonusus in all styles would probably break pvp. On the other hand, tribrid armour with too low bonusus wouldn't be worth considering; maybe you can do a sort of void-barrows crossover (beneficial set effects depending on the weapon you use).

I'll post again later, this sounds great.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted