26th skill, level cap of 120 or 99?

ibxtoycat

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think at some point all skills will slowly be given a 120 cap. Cooking might be the first old skill moved to the 120 cap.

Hasn't Jagex said they're not gonna do that? I'd say it will be back down to 99.

They have said that they had no plans to do that. Which implies that idea had never come to mine, but they may be considering it now. Personally I hope they do increase the caps of all skills to 120, except Strength, Attack, Ranged, and Mage. Just because it would make PvP even weirder. I also think that making 120 HP possible would create the possibility for more items. Just my 2 cents.

edit: Naturally my answer to OP's question is: Yes I do think it will be 120 because I think all skills will get their someday.

120 in sailing will allow you to pilot a submarine, duh.

Thanks for the laugh. :thumbup:

OT: They already said that they had no intentions of raising the level cap to 120. I don't know why people keep thinking they will.

120 in sailing will allow you to pilot a submarine, duh.

Thanks for the laugh. :thumbup:

OT: They already said that they had no intentions of raising the level cap to 120. I don't know why people keep thinking they will.

Jagex has said a lot of things, its a 50/50 shot if they stick by it

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I'd say 120, also with other skills slowly rising to 120, "High-level" content then "Elite" content at 99+, they always say they have no intention but they really do.

With Dungeoneering they could have done 1 level a floor instead of 2 per floor, and 2 for the occassional one (why have one skill 120 it looks odd).

Plus maxed players increases daily it'll soon be 1K+ if it's not already.. remember when 126 Combat was max?

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Because it's hard to convince people you're not going to do something after you just finished doing it.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Because it's hard to convince people you're not going to do something after you just finished doing it.

They didn't raise any existing skills level cap to 120. They released a new skill with a cap of 120. So therefore, they did not raise anything. If that makes sense.

I think at some point all skills will slowly be given a 120 cap. Cooking might be the first old skill moved to the 120 cap.

Hasn't Jagex said they're not gonna do that? I'd say it will be back down to 99.

They have said that they had no plans to do that. Which implies that idea had never come to mine, but they may be considering it now. Personally I hope they do increase the caps of all skills to 120, except Strength, Attack, Ranged, and Mage. Just because it would make PvP even weirder. I also think that making 120 HP possible would create the possibility for more items. Just my 2 cents.

edit: Naturally my answer to OP's question is: Yes I do think it will be 120 because I think all skills will get their someday.

Not really, but you can think that if you like. When they say that the have no plans, they are implying that if it is ever going to happen, it won't happen any time soon. Jagex thinks long term, which is why they don't make very good bug fixers. On the other hand, the big content that they come up with is generally of very good quality. Level 120 doesn't really contribute anything to the game unless they have content to back it up. Dungeoneering will have that content when the Warped floors come out, but Jagex need to fill out other skills to 99 before they even start considering implementing this.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

it would be cool to have the max be 120

with 120 herblore you could make jesus juice or something like that

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

They didn't raise any existing skills level cap to 120. They released a new skill with a cap of 120. So therefore, they did not raise anything. If that makes sense.

Fair enough. They didn't raise the Dungeoneering level cap, but the fact remains they gave a skill a cap of 120. Now people are having a hard time believing that no other skills are going to get a cap of 120.

I think eventually they will slowly raise the level caps for the other skills while releasing new content. Most likely it will be done one skill at a time, with new content being released over several months to a year. They could do a different skill every other year, while the intervening year could have content released normally.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

120 caps are inevitable, all the evidence points to them. Dungeoneering, the endgame skill, being introduced to level 120 - clearly a method of giving something unlockable for maxed players and also a method of spacing out the highscores. We are not quite ready for it yet - wait until a couple hundred people have achieved 120 dungeoneering and we might see increases in a few others. As it is, it's not due for quite a while yet.

New skill...I remember a Jmod post about this. They have some design briefs but have not chosen one and no skill is in development. It seems skills take at least a year and a half in development to reach the quality required for a release in RS' current form, so we'll be at 25 skills for a minimum of a couple years.

2496 Completionist

Like a few others have said, I think the cap being raised for all skills is inevitable. It won't happen for a long time, but it'll happen. I'd say the next skill will max at 120 for sure.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I think Jagex has said they don't plan to make any new skills.

chat.png

"Happines only real when shared."

[hide=Stats]Gago.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gag0.png[/hide]

with 120 herblore you could make jesus juice

What?

I don't think there should be a 120 cap. The 99 cap is already very hard to get to, seriously how many players out there have 99 in all skills? The game needs to remain open to everyone. 99 is already not open for casual gamers, two skills alone take as long as it takes to cape a full character on games like WoW, so where's the need in making this an even more elitist game?

signaturemw.png

with 120 herblore you could make jesus juice

What?

I don't think there should be a 120 cap. The 99 cap is already very hard to get to, seriously how many players out there have 99 in all skills? The game needs to remain open to everyone. 99 is already not open for casual gamers, two skills alone take as long as it takes to cape a full character on games like WoW, so where's the need in making this an even more elitist game?

Even casual players can be efficient. You don't need to put in ten hours a day to get a 99. And FYI, a LOT of players have 99 in every skill (and over 99 dungeoneering).

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Unless it's as unique and works similar to Dungeoneering, I'm going to say no.

The reason is that, in order for a player to unlock all the Dungeoneering rewards (both currently available and soon-to-be-released) you would need FAR more xp than 99. Thus, the level cap has been risen to 120 in order to give those players who work toward all rewards a little more "prestige" (pun not intended).

People fail to realize that there's only 120 Dungeoneering because there are 60 floors total in Daemonheim.

If Dungeoneering were a 99 like everything else, then we'd only have 50 floors; the developers thought it wasn't enough, so they made the skill 120.